Mein Leben Runs.

4 minutes ago, AMadScotsGuy said:

In what reality is a trophy that artificially inflates the difficulty of gaming by restricting saves fair? When no one as i said even at MachineGames has done it, and only 1% of the player base might be able to do it.

Congratulations you completed the game on the hardest difficulty. Now complete it without saves because reasons.

How is it not fair? It’s a difficulty, the 7th to be exact, it requires a flawless run of what you’ve already done, just without dying. There’s nothing unfair about removing saves, at all. The only reason people care is because it now has a trophy attached. It’s been done in the previous games already. Just because the developers haven’t done it doesn’t mean that automatically makes it unfair, they coded the trophy so that it unlocks how it should and when it should. They could’ve done anything to make it difficult to the point where only 1% of people are able to do it. You all would still call it unfair. Let’s be real.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dark said:

How is it not fair? It’s a difficulty, the 7th to be exact, it requires a flawless run of what you’ve already done, just without dying. There’s nothing unfair about removing saves, at all. The only reason people care is because it now has a trophy attached. It’s been done in the previous games already. Just because the developers haven’t done it doesn’t mean that automatically makes it unfair, they coded the trophy so that it unlocks how it should and when it should. They could’ve done anything to make it difficult to the point where only 1% of people are able to do it. You all would still call it unfair. Let’s be real.

And now that they have the question is why? As i said it's all conveniently happened in the wake of being unable to patch new order and old blood. The fact also they never optimised the mode for such playthroughs, the inability to skip the majority of cut scenes ect. Does that constitute fairness? Why if that indeed is the case which seem highly plausible should those who enjoy trophy/achievement hunting be punished when it's not our fault? Indeed they could have done many things non trophy related to make the game harder. But they never, they deliberately targeted the trophy/achievement community with one trophy/achievement. Which again just gives more weight to this being spiteful act on their part. And still people are defending it while someone is probably laughing their ass off at machinegames as people are trying to accomplish this feat. 

Well might be. As the grin on their face when they coded it has long since been wiped off their face with the commercial performance of the game. And Bethesda are hardly going to say well our advertising ect was at fault at their next shareholder meeting. They are going to lay the blame at machinegames door somehow, and someone is going to be made an example of. And would seem that someone would end up being the person responsible for this.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy
  • Like 2

I have a quick question...i don't have the game (yet) but have old and new blood in my backlog...is this trophy one of those ones that has you master the game as in, for example, using health/cover/corners wisely, aiming for headshot/explosive/melee opportunities to conserve ammo, etc. and is mein leben a game mode that has you wishing it was co-op?...the only comparison I will make is basically, is it like new york minute in max payne 3?...

10 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have a quick question...i don't have the game (yet) but have old and new blood in my backlog...is this trophy one of those ones that has you master the game as in, for example, using health/cover/corners wisely, aiming for headshot/explosive/melee opportunities to conserve ammo, etc. and is mein leben a game mode that has you wishing it was co-op?...the only comparison I will make is basically, is it like new york minute in max payne 3?...

Yeah you need to master it before attempting a run. Doesn’t take awfully long to do so but it definitely helps. With dual wield AR’s, headshots aren’t necessary as it’s so easy to get kills with. Same for ammo, you’ll never need to scavenge around for ammo that often since you always seem to be stacked. Besides that, you’ll need to learn every section and make sure you can do it consistently before bothering with any attempt. For the co-op question, I wouldn’t care for it. I don’t want the weight of the other persons mistakes as well as my own. I haven’t played Max Payne 3 either but it sounds like a decent comparison. 

1 hour ago, Dark said:

Yeah you need to master it before attempting a run. Doesn’t take awfully long to do so but it definitely helps. With dual wield AR’s, headshots aren’t necessary as it’s so easy to get kills with. Same for ammo, you’ll never need to scavenge around for ammo that often since you always seem to be stacked. Besides that, you’ll need to learn every section and make sure you can do it consistently before bothering with any attempt. For the co-op question, I wouldn’t care for it. I don’t want the weight of the other persons mistakes as well as my own. I haven’t played Max Payne 3 either but it sounds like a decent comparison. 

well, I've got about 50 years of games already but I think this may just have been bumped up in my list of must plays...sounds awesome...I'm guessing I will be wishing it has co-op but I'm weird like that...i mean what's worse than a bada$$?...yep, two bada$$es that are friends having a good time owning a video game...would love to be able to help people with max payne's nymhc or blaze through it with fellow pros...and yes, it has unskippable cutscenes and plenty of run breaking glitches...so much fun though... 

edit: dual wielding ar's sounds f**king epic... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AMadScotsGuy said:

And now that they have the question is why? As i said it's all conveniently happened in the wake of being unable to patch new order and old blood. The fact also they never optimised the mode for such playthroughs, the inability to skip the majority of cut scenes ect. Does that constitute fairness? Why if that indeed is the case which seem highly plausible should those who enjoy trophy/achievement hunting be punished when it's not our fault? Indeed they could have done many things non trophy related to make the game harder. But they never, they deliberately targeted the trophy/achievement community with one trophy/achievement. Which again just gives more weight to this being spiteful act on their part. And still people are defending it while someone is probably laughing their ass off at machinegames as people are trying to accomplish this feat. 

Well might be. As the grin on their face when they coded it has long since been wiped off their face with the commercial performance of the game. And Bethesda are hardly going to say well our advertising ect was at fault at their next shareholder meeting. They are going to lay the blame at machinegames door somehow, and someone is going to be made an example of. And would seem that someone would end up being the person responsible for this.

This has to be the most ridiculous post regarding this trophy I've seen so far.

Yes, the developers did it to spite people who exploited their previous game...

And are you seriously taking joy in the company's financial flailing all because you've now been locked out your platinum trophy? I thought that the petition was petty, but that's some next level pettiness...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

He's petty because he's a whiner like many others.  He just wants to exploit like in the other games (like most other scrubs did).  He just can't do it.  That's all.  I wouldn't bother.

Oh I know. People just need to realise that not every trophy list is Barbie's Puppy rescue ?

• Like 1

Just now, grimydawg said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LqxSmLN.jpg

Quit being a bitch, and just enjoy the game for what it is or just move on.  It's that simple.  

I bought the game at full price in full knowledge of the plat might be out of my reach because most importantly it's a great game. All just one dimensional explanations of my motivations to dismiss a perfectly sound theory as to why this trophy exits. Patched or not patched i won't be losing any sleep. You'll hear the truth soon enough as the game has unfortunately flopped. And then those who defended it or just simply acquiesced to it will be rather red faced.

Just now, AMadScotsGuy said:

I bought the game at full price in full knowledge of the plat might be out of my reach because most importantly it's a great game. All just one dimensional explanations of my motivations to dismiss a perfectly sound theory as to why this trophy exits. Patched or not patched i won't be losing any sleep. You'll hear the truth soon enough as the game has unfortunately flopped. And then those who defended it or just simply acquiesced to it will be rather red faced.

Who cares why the trophy exists or not?  It the developers made this trophy in spite of the trophy hunters for the other two games, then that's great.  The game isn't selling well because there are other titles like Assassin's Creed, CoD, Mario, Destiny, etc.  It's still reviewed very high for the most part.  I don't care about how a game sells.  If I like it, I'll buy it.  Trophy hunters probably make up at most 2% of the PS4 scene.  So, making a trophy easier won't affect the sales too much, regardless.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grimydawg said:

Who cares why the trophy exists or not?  It the developers made this trophy in spite of the trophy hunters for the other two games, then that's great.  The game isn't selling well because there are other titles like Assassin's Creed, CoD, Mario, Destiny, etc.  It's still reviewed very high for the most part.  I don't care about how a game sells.  If I like it, I'll buy it.  Trophy hunters probably make up at most 2% of the PS4 scene.  So, making a trophy easier won't affect the sales too much, regardless.  

It's easy to sight competition as the reason. But if Bethesda had thought it wasn't able to compete with other major releases then they would have held it back. Bethesda aren't just going to gamble with a 3 year investment of potentially above 100 million dollars. ZeniMax are going to want answers and Bethesda will show them they done everything by book. The blame will fall on MachineGames and that insignificant trophy might just become a big reason. 

• Like 1

I bought this game on the day of release, along with AC: Origins (just about to plat) and i haven't got round to doing this yet. On my other accounts i have done Wolfenstein on the hardest setting and to be honest, i am really looking forward to progressing and trying to get the "Mein Leben" trophy. besides a lot of the whining i am seeing on the thread, the quality of the game is what i want most on my list. Yes, i may take forever to get the trophy, and stay on 98% completion as i have seen around 100 people are so far on psnprofiles, but hey, as much as i love trophy hunting, the challenge is what is going to make me keep on going back to this game.

The only thing i can really say to those causing an uproar about this trophy is this. Just enjoy the fact that we are lucky enough to have games like this made for us. i for one am.

Word of note - rasenken69 - seriously. Well played mate on doing it, not just once, but TWICE! definitely want to hear your methods on this one.