Mein Leben Runs.

That's EIGHTEEN PEOPLE with the platinum.

I literally can't believe those whiners out there. Unbelievable, proof that we have been pussified.

I will give out respect for GrannyTranny and Beatminaz. One was the first to platinum, one got the fastest time.

• Like 1

Starting to make it to the later levels (New Orleans, Venus, Ausmerzer 2) more frequently. I'm not giving up on this stupid trophy and I'm not going to be demotivated by dumb deaths. I just wish that we could skip the intro...

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

And they're trying very hard to do so.

My last few deaths have been:

- Mistiming the jump over the railing on the elevator in Roswell and falling to my death

- Getting crushed somehow between the piston and the wall in the first level

- Walking off the ledge accidentally before the big robot comes out in the Oberkommando

- Running off the edge of the ship in a panic after being chased by a robot dog in the final level

Maybe with some luck I'll actually get this done.

• Like 1

Just now, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

- Mistiming the jump over the railing on the elevator in Roswell and falling to my death

- Getting crushed somehow between the piston and the wall in the first level

Hahaha! Got both these myself. But I also missed about 6 shots before being one-shoted by the sniper near the Oberkommando.

5 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

Hahaha! Got both these myself. But I also missed about 6 shots before being one-shoted by the sniper near the Oberkommando.

I'm fairly confident that on a brilliant run I will beat Mein Leben, but I'm probably going to have to suffer through every ridiculous and embarrassing death before it actually happens.

Just now, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I'm fairly confident that on a brilliant run I will beat Mein Leben, but I'm probably going to have to suffer through every ridiculous and embarrassing death before it actually happens.

Very true. One day, I died on the final level twice (8 hours wasted).

2 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

Very true. One day, I died on the final level twice (8 hours wasted).

That's so so rough. I think the worst part is knowing that you have to endure all those damn cutscenes again - I'd be way more motivated if we could just dive right into the gameplay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I literally can't believe those whiners out there. Unbelievable, proof that we have been pussified.

I will give out respect for GrannyTranny and Beatminaz. One was the first to platinum, one got the fastest time.

Don't forget @Dark ! his mein leben run is very helpful !
Man that @Beatminaz is insane, max respect for the patience on zen pinball game

35 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoIpTSHUDgA

Can someone explain wtf just happened? was it because i walked instead of crouching? i am confused.

Uh, no idea what killed you. Heavy shots? There isn't even a heavy in that area before the alarm is set off (and I'm not sure one even spawns if it is). It looks like the bullets traveled right through the gap in the wall just to kill you.

I have no idea.

EDIT: I'm starting to become very frustrated with these silly deaths. I reached New Orleans 3 and CAREFULLY made my way up the staircase only for the commander and his dog to somehow spawn OUTSIDE the building. I ran back down on full HP and armour and the dog mauled me before I even knew what hit me.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

39 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Uh, no idea what killed you. Heavy shots? There isn't even a heavy in that area before the alarm is set off (and I'm not sure one even spawns if it is). It looks like the bullets traveled right through the gap in the wall just to kill you.

I have no idea.

EDIT: I'm starting to become very frustrated with these silly deaths. I reached New Orleans 3 and CAREFULLY made my way up the staircase only for the commander and his dog to somehow spawn OUTSIDE the building. I ran back down on full HP and armour and the dog mauled me before I even knew what hit me.

The stupid deaths and the unskippable sections are really irritating to say the least, especially when you have dumb deaths like mine. The whole run I'd say consists of 15% luck, 35% patience and 50% skill.

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

Um well u cant sit there and be in disbelief that people on here are whinning. 

Have u forgotten WatchDogs and the one trophy that me and many people could not get which was the drinking trophy which was literally impossible to get but yet there was people who got the trophy for it. So, Ubisoft literally went out there way and fixed the trophy to make it where the drinking trophy was possible to get, so yeah that update pissed off the ones who already platinum the game put make it easier for those who had a hard time platinum the game easier to platinum the game so dont be surprised if Bethesda Softworks released a patch for that difficulty even though there are people who already have the platinum. 

12 minutes ago, Bbrit1776 said:

Have u forgotten WatchDogs and the one trophy that me and many people could not get which was the drinking trophy which was literally impossible to get but yet there was people who got the trophy for it. So, Ubisoft literally went out there way and fixed the trophy to make it where the drinking trophy was possible to get, so yeah that update pissed off the ones who already platinum the game put make it easier for those who had a hard time platinum the game easier to platinum the game so dont be surprised if Bethesda Softworks released a patch for that difficulty even though there are people who already have the platinum. 

As someone who earned the drinking game trophy before it was patched, I did find it difficult but I don't reckon it was quite as impossibly hard as people were making it out to be.

As for Mein Leben, unfortunately I don't think Bethesda will patch it at all. The mode is for masochists and playing it is a grueling exercise in frustration that requires a lot of familiarity with the game and its encounters. It's not for the weak-willed and the developers understand that - but it's far from impossible. They might patch the cutscenes (here's hoping), but there's permadeath in other games like DOOM and people have conquered that. It was always going to be beaten.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

1 minute ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

As someone who earned the drinking game trophy before it was patched, I did find it difficult but I don't reckon it was quite as impossibly hard as people were making it out to be.

As for Mein Leben, unfortunately I don't think Bethesda will patch it at all. The mode is for masochists and playing it is a grueling exercise in frustration that requires a lot of familiarity with the game and its encounters. It's not for the weak-willed and the developers understand that - but it's far from impossible. They might patch the cutscenes (here's hoping), but there's permadeath in other games like DOOM and people have conquered that. It was always going to be beaten.

The part on the drinking trophy i found difficult was in the pawnee one and using the controls opposite of wat it was intended it for and they way people are complaining on this trophy for this game it sounds like its simliar to the call of duty difficulty mode in my opinion 

The petition is a little bit ridiculous if you ask me. There are some trophies / achievements out there that are just as tough (if not worse) than Mein Leben.

It's like people haven't tried finishing Killzone 2 on Elite, or reaching 100% on Trials, or earning Personal Decorator on Black Ops III, or beating Challenge 6 on Vanquish...

49 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Why do you keep counting them? That would drive me insane. :D

I count how many runs I've had and where I've died / how. I'm pretty much on the brink of insanity already with this.

EDIT: #45 ended because my Panzerhund was torn to shreds in an instant. I normally never die there. I suppose if anything I'm consistently reaching the third act...

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

YO!!! 

Stop bitch slapping the posters who vent their frustration on this forum, saying they are "pussyfied" or should just stop playing and leave it at that...

They want the Trophy, really badly in most cases and it's really godamn hard from what i've seen/read.

Leave them alone, if you have completed this run and still think they are all "whiners" then by all means tell them how the view looks from that one percent tower :)

I say let them complain, if it stops people from smashing controllers and screaming just by venting then good, This is the place for it.

Everyone else STFU!!!

Edited by ABBUemo

57 minutes ago, ABBUemo said:

YO!!! 

Stop bitch slapping the posters who vent their frustration on this forum

Leave them alone

This is the place for it.

STFU!!!

did you post in the wrong thread by accident?...and do you see the hypocrisy of yelling at people in an off topic manner to stop doing something while in essence doing the same thing yourself?...history has taught me that if a thread needs policing like this then the "report" button is the way to go...otherwise, it's all fair game I reckon...

i've been following this topic out of curiosity as I intend to pick this game up at some point...there have been a lot of useful,  encouraging, and somewhat frustrating to read posts...thanks guys and gals...good stuff...and "good luck"  to the ones in the middle of an attempt...

8 hours ago, Bbrit1776 said:

They already said they aren't changing it. For the people crying its a difficulty it isn't supposed to be accessible to everyone hence why lower difficulties are made... Im actually so confused why people are crying because they cant do it. 

As for the drinking trophy a friend who is a very casual gamer got it before patch and I too gave it a go at his and it wasn't impossible just annoying at best.

Edited by lilpain97
Edit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

They already said they aren't changing it. For the people crying its a difficulty it isn't supposed to be accessible to everyone hence why lower difficulties are made... Im actually so confused why people are crying because they cant do it.

I'm crying because I haven't done it and I've had nearly 50 attempts at it...