Mein Leben Runs.

Finally got around to do a small video to explain some of the strats I used for my Wyatt timeline run with Dieselkraftwerk.

I show a best and worst case (yet successful) scenario for the Roswell Oberkommando Zitadelle. You'll most likely get something between those two.

Hope it's useful for anyone who might want to try something different or is simply crazy like me and decided to keep at it with the Diesel, despite all videos recommending the Laserkraftwerk/Fergus timeline. Never got tired of Wyatt's hallucination antics :P

(I had chosen Wyatt on New Order when I played it on PC and I usually don't do re-runs with different decisions, unless it's the focus of gameplay or the game explicitly tells you to do so.)

On 11/18/2017 at 5:43 AM, AMadScotsGuy said:

It's easy to sight competition as the reason. But if Bethesda had thought it wasn't able to compete with other major releases then they would have held it back. Bethesda aren't just going to gamble with a 3 year investment of potentially above 100 million dollars. ZeniMax are going to want answers and Bethesda will show them they done everything by book. The blame will fall on MachineGames and that insignificant trophy might just become a big reason. 

There is absolutely NO way that trophy is even remotely influencing sales. It’s just a very particular franchise with big more grounded contenders like CODWW2

8 hours ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

The first time in the courtroom was insane, but now it's actually one of the easiest parts, because there is no random involved (if you keep using the same tactics, this fight will never change).

I kept doing this and this turned out to be 100% win (mine video by the way):

I've been doing that and can't really get it 100% consistent, but it is definitely the best way to do it without a doubt. Last couple times I've got there I got shot over the box by guys who go up top on the pulpit but that's more my error because I'm not sucking down into the cover. 

I've been getting to to that point using silenced nailgun SMG as recommended in Kreeper's guide, you think disabling that and just using stock SMG would work better? 

I usually turn and grab the rifle at the start, and then head to the box on the right instead of the left and just dual-rifle everyone I see while watching out for grenades. It's a similar strategy and it works pretty consistently. The opening rush of enemies is by far the hardest part.

When the heavies spawn, I kill one from the top booth area with dual-rifles and then run back to my original spot to kill the second one. From that point it's pretty easy.

I've personally never really had the Machinepistole method work that well for me. But each to their own.

Edited by Parker

13 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I usually turn and grab the rifle at the start, and then head to the box on the right instead of the left and just dual-rifle everyone I see while watching out for grenades. It's a similar strategy and it works pretty consistently. The opening rush of enemies is by far the hardest part.

When the heavies spawn, I kill one from the top booth area with dual-rifles and then run back to my original spot to kill the second one. From that point it's pretty easy.

I've personally never really had the Machinepistole method work that well for me. But each to their own.

Exactly what I did. I tried using the SMG’s and using that box as cover but it wasn’t working anywhere nearly as consistently as the dual rifles and the box on the right. At least over there, you hold the position more than they do and it’s not as easy to get swarmed. Once I found it out I never died in the courtroom in a run.

Hey,

I haven't read the 24pages but there are some useful videos for this run available on Youtube. Just got the trophy thanks to these (got it while streaming, so I have the video but I don't think it is really helpful - there's no tips, it's in french, and I never thought I would get it while streaming).

Used these two videos to prepare my runs :

5 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

I am almost fluently speaking german because of this trophy ;) After the DLC i will teach german in school lmao.

Me too rammstein and wolfenstein made me a german master :D

Btw i completed the first part of the game and died on roswell (mein leben) need to be more calm next time lol

4 hours ago, Gage said:

I've been doing that and can't really get it 100% consistent, but it is definitely the best way to do it without a doubt. Last couple times I've got there I got shot over the box by guys who go up top on the pulpit but that's more my error because I'm not sucking down into the cover. 

I've been getting to to that point using silenced nailgun SMG as recommended in Kreeper's guide, you think disabling that and just using stock SMG would work better? 

I take back what I said, going to the other side is better. 

Got to Courtroom (again). Went to SMG box side and died (again). Went to my IADI save, went to the right side behind that box, did courtroom three times in a row without being close to dying. The AI doesn't run directly up to you as often, and you can peak out and the turret guy on the far side wont even shoot you. Kill the couple guys up on the stand then run up and grab more health and ammo for the Gewehr, then you're set.  You can even instantly kill the second heavy when it drops because you can hit it's tank and the first guy is really slow and isn't even close enough to shoot yet, and you can hit him in the head over top of the wood walls. 

5 hours ago, Gage said:

I put more trust in bullets, because they travel a lot faster.

42 minutes ago, Gage said:

The AI doesn't run directly up to you as often

If you continue to look in the same diraction, the enimies will follow the same rout every time. I actually died in the last time, because I looked in different ways and enemies flanked me easily.

Tha is how I did all successful attempts:

Edited by MAKAPOB_

5 hours ago, Gage said:

I got shot over the box by guys who go up top on the pulpit but that's more my error because I'm not sucking down into the cover.

If this one guy spots you, he will shoot you over the box, even if you hide as precisely as possible. But I mannaged to carry all my armor from the previous level (very easy to do).

Edited by MAKAPOB_

5 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

If this one guy spots you, he will shoot you over the box, even if you hide as precisely as possible. But I mannaged to carry all my armor from the previous level (very easy to do).

I've been doing that, but I mean I was getting shot by the random soldiers who will run up to the first and second level of the cover. I'm going to do the other way this time by going to the right and using the gewehr, see how that goes since I did it easily three times just before. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gage said:

I've been doing that, but I mean I was getting shot by the random soldiers who will run up to the first and second level of the cover. I'm going to do the other way this time by going to the right and using the gewehr, see how that goes since I did it easily three times just before. 

It's a pretty effective method. All you need to worry about is the 2-3 grenades that will ALWAYS appear next to you in the first 30 seconds of the encounter if you're holding there. Once you've taken those out, you just pick off enemies until Engel starts talking.

I actually just reached the Courthouse again and forgot about the three heavies spawning after all of the enemies. One of them rushed me and killed me in one hit even with near-full overcharged HP and armour. Kind of falling to really pathetic deaths lately rather than difficult sections or gunfights.

EDIT: On my next run I died randomly while riding up one of the pistons in the first level. I must have been crushed somehow. I'm so over this game - the mental strain caused by dying to stuff I shouldn't die to is not worth the trophy.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

1 hour ago, Gage said:

I thought you said you were going to finish Mein Leben a few days ago...

Almost planted the nuke. I basically screwed the area cause I failed getting a robot stealthy down: I pressed R3 behind him but instead of put him down I just scratched him. 

Anyway, I think I'll get there again since it's kind of easy 'til there. The hardest part imho it's the stealth area before going to the subway in Manhattan. The AI always acts randomly and they got me everytime, but you can actually run that part so it's not really a problem. The area before the giant robot is a problem 'cause I always have to rush to him (even if I always managed to) since the drone got me but I think I can do it without any problem-- just need to be patient. Never died in the mentioned areas, tho.

I'd like to practice and perfect the courtroom since it's the next tough fight but I don't really want to start another IADI campaign. Just want to finish Mein Leben. Don't know if I'll manage to do it but I'm definitely improving and I'm sure I'll make it to the courtroom in the next days. 

BUT PLEASE BETHESDA LET US START FROM THE FUCKING WHEELCHAIR.

Edited by JackShephard__

7 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

That sweet hatchet in Frau Engel's face...

I sat through and savored that credits song too, all the way through to the main menu being busted.  ?

1 minute ago, Dark said:

Congrats! I knew you’d do it since you seemed to be one of the most motivated here, great work. You plan on doing the dlc?

Definitely, and the German version as well. I loved this game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gage said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeh I don't think I want to spend another 30ish hours learning that game inside out. :P 

May be I'll give it a try, since I'm planing to do Mein leben in The Old Blood (this is not going to be nearly as difficult as The New Colossus).