Mein Leben Runs.

Made it up to Venus 2 last night after clearing the courtroom for the first time (it's so hard!) and then bit it because I was seen and droned to death sprinting for my life. Frustrating, but it's only motivated me more. The second half of the game is MUCH easier compared to the first because of the upgrades and there are a lot of areas where you can just sit back and let the enemies funnel to you if you're spotted.

I do wish we had the ability to skip cutscenes though. Absolute worst part of the mode.

EDIT: I made it to the encounter right before the final boss and then ran off a cliff because I panicked after being chased by a robot dog. Infuriated. The lamest way to die. This mode has nearly broken me.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

10 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Anyone know a great way to practice these harder parts? Im going to start soon but I kinda want to practice. If not im just going to wing it.

Go through on IADI and make saves at the start of areas before you trigger enemy movement. Like courtroom before you break out, final fight before you go up the elevator. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gage said:

I think you're gonna have a bad time then. :P But good luck. 

I just need to get motivated to start the crap. I don't think it will be too bad after a few runs though but I see it getting annoying at the courtroom. Thanks lol.

Ok yh this isn't bad tbh im just over an hr, I expect to die in courtroom but honestly even if I do I have a save at it to practice. Im gonna quit and do another run tomorrow.

Edited by lilpain97
Edit

On 12/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

EDIT: I made it to the encounter right before the final boss and then ran off a cliff because I panicked after being chased by a robot dog. Infuriated. The lamest way to die. This mode has nearly broken me.

How long would you say it took to reach this point from the very beginning of the game? 

I definitely want to play Wolfenstein II eventually, but I got far too much on my backlog as it is. 

7 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I just need to get motivated to start the crap. I don't think it will be too bad after a few runs though but I see it getting annoying at the courtroom. Thanks lol.

Ok yh this isn't bad tbh im just over an hr, I expect to die in courtroom but honestly even if I do I have a save at it to practice. Im gonna quit and do another run tomorrow.

Courtroom is basically the sticking point. If you can get past that the second half up to the end of the game isn't that bad compared to the start of the game where you have nothing and can get killed almost instantly. 

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

You guys aren't out of the woods yet... DLC is in the game, and oh look, another Mein Leben trophy: https://www.exophase.com/game/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-psn/trophies/

But you guys should be happy... it's a silver this time around ;)

DLC is generally a fraction of the base game. May take a hour or two depending on how long it actually is.

But yeah. Getting all three DLC packs done plus the base game would be a real accomplishment. Kudos and respect for those who will go after it.

I'm going to assume the other two DLC packs will have a "Mein Leben" trophy attached to them as well.

24 minutes ago, Gage said:

Courtroom is basically the sticking point. If you can get past that the second half up to the end of the game isn't that bad compared to the start of the game where you have nothing and can get killed almost instantly. 

Looks like you're real close to getting the platinum. Out of your 27,000 trophies you've earned it may be one of your proudest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

You guys aren't out of the woods yet... DLC is in the game, and oh look, another Mein Leben trophy: https://www.exophase.com/game/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-psn/trophies/

But you guys should be happy... it's a silver this time around ;)

Yes more mein leben trophies :) im close to the final part so tomorrow finally i can try this mode

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gage said:

This is easily doable... How people said its impossible

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

How long would you say it took to reach this point from the very beginning of the game? 

I definitely want to play Wolfenstein II eventually, but I got far too much on my backlog as it is. 

It took me 4-5 hours to reach it. I know the game very well up until the final level because I've had a LOT of runs at it and I tend to rely on pretty rock solid strategies to get me through most areas. The hardest part of the game is around the middle because so much can go wrong, but everything is doable. It's just that the game tends to throw a lot of nonsense your way in some cases.

Courtroom is indeed the sticking point. If you can survive that (and the beginning of that level is the hardest part in the game because the grenade spam is obnoxious), the rest is a lot easier because you have more health / upgrades for the rest of the game.

My deaths on runs where I've passed the Courtroom have never been in gunfights - just lame stuff like falling off the map or being shot to death by drones. I even had one instance on the conveyor belt on Venus 2 where the last enemy was behind cover and literally shooting UP THROUGH the belt itself to hit me - and I miraculously survived on 20 HP because all I could do was close my eyes and pray that it wasn't the end of my run.

I will get this done though. But another Mein Leben trophy? Come on, MachineGames. I'm already losing my mind over this one.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

3 hours ago, Dark said:

People said that before the game was even released. It’s just the nature of deathless that turns people off I guess.

True and its AAA so people instantly hate hard AAA games. Btw is your YouTube the same as psn name? Want to see what you do at courtroom/ final fight.

10 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

True and its AAA so people instantly hate hard AAA games. Btw is your YouTube the same as psn name? Want to see what you do at courtroom/ final fight.

It's funny that DOOM has something similar but i've never heard so much complaint like happen on this game! maybe because they were waiting to reload the last chapter as in the previous 2 games .... we are sorry! 

Es ist Zeit, besser zu spielen !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

This is easily doable... How people said its impossible

The first time in the courtroom was insane, but now it's actually one of the easiest parts, because there is no random involved (if you keep using the same tactics, this fight will never change).

I kept doing this and this turned out to be 100% win (mine video by the way):

Edited by MAKAPOB_
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

The first time in the courtroom was insane, but now it's actually one of the easiest parts, because there is no random involved (if you keep using the same tactics, this fight will never change).

I kept doing this and this turned out to be 100% win (mine video by the way):

Seeing your video pissed me off because I’ve been doing the exact same thing for the courtroom but there’s always that one fucking grenade that blows me to fucking bits.

3 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Seeing your video pissed me off because I’ve been doing the exact same thing for the courtroom but there’s always that one fucking grenade that blows me to fucking bits.

I was pissed off too, but they are really easy to avoid. I tried other tactics, but this one is still the safest.

Edited by MAKAPOB_

Died second to last fight! I am fucking pissed, confused and in disbelieve how this guy dropped my health from 300 to zero so quickly. Normally you have a little time to run away or just go behind cover since only my head was showing but somehow this fucking nazi tear through my health in a second, i know he had shotguns but still, the fucking guy killed me way too quickly. I am gonna try again later, i can almost smell the trophy right now, i am so close. Btw I use a lot the strats in Darksamurai's run, works really well for me.

4 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Its impossible remember ;)

5 hours ago, Dark said:

Skip to 4:36:20.

Cheers this is probably the only part that will be somewhat hard other than this its pretty easy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I will get this done though. But another Mein Leben trophy? Come on, MachineGames. I'm already losing my mind over this one.

Should be a lot shorter than the base game. May take 1 - 2 hours to finish but that's a lot easier to handle than to lose 4 - 5 hours of progress.

Thank god I'm playing Bloodborne right now. I'm on easy street compared to what you guys are going through.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Should be a lot shorter than the base game. May take 1 - 2 hours to finish but that's a lot easier to handle than to lose 4 - 5 hours of progress.

Thank god I'm playing Bloodborne right now. I'm on easy street compared to what you guys are going through.

Yeah it definitely won't be as long. I'm taking a bit of a break to try the Destiny 2 DLC and other games at the moment, so I'll be running at it a bit later. It's kind of mind-numbing at this point, haha.