Mein Leben Runs.

2 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I'm crying because I haven't done it and I've had nearly 50 attempts at it...

Yh but you aren't asking for a change and are actually attempting it I mean those who haven't bothered :P

Edited by lilpain97
Typo

Just now, lilpain97 said:

Yh but you aren't asking for a change and attempting it I mean those who haven't bothered :P

I actually love the challenge. The only bothersome thing is the inability to skip the cutscenes. I've mastered 90% of the game at this point and I can always reach New Orleans / Venus before I bite it to something stupid.

Like someone said previously, I don't find the game "hard" anymore - it's just a matter of doing every encounter perfectly and not dying to nonsense.

• Like 1

Just now, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I actually love the challenge. The only bothersome thing is the inability to skip the cutscenes. I've mastered 90% of the game at this point and I can always reach New Orleans / Venus before I bite it to something stupid.

Like someone said previously, I don't find the game "hard" anymore - it's just a matter of doing every encounter perfectly and not dying to nonsense.

See you are making a good point, just make the in game scenes skippable. 

I had 1 run made it an hr in an decided to call it quits, I don't think it will take too long before I get it. Gl with your runs dude.

23 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

did you post in the wrong thread by accident?...and do you see the hypocrisy of yelling at people in an off topic manner to stop doing something while in essence doing the same thing yourself?...history has taught me that if a thread needs policing like this then the "report" button is the way to go...otherwise, it's all fair game I reckon...

i've been following this topic out of curiosity as I intend to pick this game up at some point...there have been a lot of useful,  encouraging, and somewhat frustrating to read posts...thanks guys and gals...good stuff...and "good luck"  to the ones in the middle of an attempt...

Yeah hey, not sure you read MY post from start to finish, i don't think it's right putting people down for having a hard time and posting about it.

Don't quote my post if you don't understand the reason behind it, i'm not bad mouthing anyone, so read my post again SLOWLY and point out where the "hypocrisy" lies...

It better not be about 'complaining about complainers complaining' cause it's not the same, mine is a stern request, not a complaint.

So go ahead...

8 minutes ago, ABBUemo said:

i don't think it's right putting people down for having a hard time and posting about it.

I don't see much of that is this thread...i do see a lot of useful tidbits and people offering encouragement...i.e. on point with the topic...but I'm guilty of lazy skimming so perhaps overlooked it...or perhaps just thought it was silly so skipped over it...again, did you post in the wrong thread by accident?...getting personal between us serves no purpose with regards to this thread so perhaps we could take it to pm if you feel the need to discuss the troll trolling the troller concept...otherwise we risk derailing what appears to be a pretty positive, constructive thread... 

side question: are you a new site mod?...usually they're the ones who bust in and ask people to be civil...again, the "report" button for offensive posts seems to be the way to go...something tells me that's not what you're after though... 

1 minute ago, Mi2Lethal said:

Finally got Mein leben!!! Holy shit!! Took me 15 attempts, the final run took 4.5 hours.

Something I found interesting was that the majority of my deaths happened in the first few levels in fact I only made it past the courthouse 3 times including the successful run. Hell, I'd say about half of my deaths occurred during the wheelchair section just because you are so vulnerable at the beginning. Anyway I am just glad it's over, it was driving me insane.

Congratz i hope soon get this trophy too :D

9 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

Finally got Mein leben!!! Holy shit!! Took me 15 attempts, the final run took 4.5 hours.

Something I found interesting was that the majority of my deaths happened in the first few levels in fact I only made it past the courthouse 3 times including the successful run. Hell, I'd say about half of my deaths occurred during the wheelchair section just because you are so vulnerable at the beginning. Anyway I am just glad it's over, it was driving me insane.

You hax it.  I thought it was impossible.  Lies bruh

15 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

Let's go!! Hopefully I'll have the same amount of luck over the next few days. Was the final boss battle tough, or did you use a strategy for that (like Kreeper's)?

17 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Let's go!! Hopefully I'll have the same amount of luck over the next few days. Was the final boss battle tough, or did you use a strategy for that (like Kreeper's)?

Convenient video I just uploaded to youtube with details in the description, I used a combination of Dark and Kreeper's strat, worked 9/10 for me during practice runs. Video is from my practice runs but i used the exact method in Mein leben. Good luck! 

31 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

Congratz i hope soon get this trophy too :D

Thanks and good luck ?

Edited by Mi2Lethal

54 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

Mmmm....why use Panzerhund at all?

My panzerhund lasted the entire thing, until I got off at the sewers. If you’re safe with it then it won’t get destroyed. Especially as the area before the warehouse is completely clear as the enemies despawn.

38 minutes ago, Dark said:

My panzerhund lasted the entire thing, until I got off at the sewers. If you’re safe with it then it won’t get destroyed. Especially as the area before the warehouse is completely clear as the enemies despawn.

Sounds great. And again, I love how developers layed out all levels. Play how you want.

9 hours ago, EgoMagnaSum said:

Yes, walking in this corridor ends up being heard by the Kommandant behind the door. He then shoots at you with his Kampfpistole through a little window in the door.

yeah i thought the walking might have cause it, stayed crouched during mein leben and it didn't happen.

20 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

side question: are you a new site mod?...usually they're the ones who bust in and ask people to be civil...again, the "report" button for offensive posts seems to be the way to go...something tells me that's not what you're after though... 

No i'm not, i'm just guilty of having a hard time on more than one game in regards to difficulty related trophies and then getting slammed by people who have done it by saying to git good!

or harden up and get over it. I guess i just wanted to back them up, if you are great at a game, percaviered through it, or struggle to the end don't trivialize it, a lot of effort goes into committing to a game, trophies and all. What i mean in the end is venting is the way i get through my games, talking mostly to friends about it, some people don't have friends who play games and this is their outlet, I Support That :D

But maybe this wasn't the right outlet for my frustration...

1 hour ago, ABBUemo said:

i'm just guilty of having a hard time on more than one game in regards to difficulty related trophies and then getting slammed by people who have done it by saying to git good!

or harden up and get over it. I guess i just wanted to back them up.

then wouldn't a thread like this be beneficial to you?...here I see a bunch of gamers having a hard time on a difficulty not saying "git gud" but backing each other up, sharing strategies, patting each other on the back for successes, and some pretty humble gloating...i don't see much slamming aside from your first post which appears to have come straight out of right field...i mean the first guy who achieved the trophy was even accused of hacking so no surprise people came to their defense...

the sense of community is strong in this thread from what I can see...i'm a big fan of it...i understand your frustration but I don't think the people here deserve any kind of criticism for helping each other out with a trophy that seemed borderline impossible at first...nothing says they are above average gamers but the general attitude here might suggest that they are above average human beings if being helped and helping others in return is a common practice in their lives or if they see a hefty challenge and take it on with an attitude of "let's do this" and persevere till the end...

might I suggest having a look at the posts of the people who are attempting/have attained this trophy one more time without the cloud of frustration...are they not the kind of people you'd like to have in this community?...again, I'm a big fan and am sure all the tips, strategies, and support will be much appreciated when it's my turn to give the mein leben difficulty a shot... 

• Like 3

This is the most supportive thread I've read thus far for this trophy and reading about others' attempts is part of what's keeping my head in the game. There are a lot of strategies here and everyone is contributing to the discussion / helping each other out in positive ways, and it's wonderful to see the strength of the community here. It's a rough challenge for sure, but I haven't seen all that much whining. People seem to be genuinely keen to share their tips and methods and congratulate others on their achievements and success.

It's okay to comment on how tough the trophy is, but there are plenty of other games to earn Platinum in if the challenge of Mein Leben is too intimidating. Not earning this one isn't the end of the world and it's a challenge that requires skill, time and dedication - and if a player isn't willing to invest the hours needed to learn the game and play through the mode as it's intended, they won't earn the trophy (and that's fine).

Personally, I'm sticking this out until the end and I'm going to earn it - even if it takes me 100+ attempts. I've come too far and learned too much about the game to give up now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

I believe I have one of the best strats for the final fight if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/nNN6mxZFMLI

Standing up top like that shooting the two big robots is real risky, as at that point when you kill all the heavies you have all the soldiers running at you. To me at least it seems like it was just straight luck you didn't die when you were running away as you got pummeled hard twice to under 50/0 which is basically 1 or 2 normal bullets and you die. I'll still probably do it my normal way now where I camp behind the outside front corner on the ledge. 

I'm ready for round 2. ?

zPKhtGZ.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

Standing up top like that shooting the two big robots is real risky, as at that point when you kill all the heavies you have all the soldiers running at you. To me at least it seems like it was just straight luck you didn't die when you were running away as you got pummeled hard twice to under 50/0 which is basically 1 or 2 normal bullets and you die. I'll still probably do it my normal way now where I camp behind the outside front corner on the ledge. 

I'm ready for round 2. 1f601.png

zPKhtGZ.jpg

I’ve done it countless times and it always works but yeah it definitely isn’t the safest. Plus I got unlucky on that one, the guards shot me up to shit. Plan on doing the German version myself. Good luck with it again. 

1 minute ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Runs #51 and #52 have both ended with horrible luck in the Courthouse. I'm starting to think I'm never going to earn this. I think it's time I take a break and try something else. It's so frustrating.

Yeah man that’s what I did. Took like 2-3 weeks off but I kinda regret it cause now I’m not as consistent with the good runs like I was before. I’d say continue or at least do a run or two everyday while playing something else in between.