The Code of the Elves!

11 hours ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

I would like to join if it's not too late. I don't have a list yet, but I'll figure it out if I'm allowed the last minute entry.

Hey! You can join up! I'll add you.

If any one needs a music game that's not really based on rythym timing etc., I stumbled across one. Snoopy's Grand Adventure. It has worlds based on the various kids in the Peanuts comic. One of the worlds is based on the kid that's always playing the little piano. That world contains several levels and the enemies are like statue busts of Beethoven, musical instruments etc. The game is a platforms and not completely centered on music but it can work. I got my copy at Wal-Mart on clearance for about $5. 

Edited by Toogie53

Ok, about time to announce my list :)

L172c11.png

Until Dawn

Plays on a snowy mountain. I started this already about a year ago, but earned only one trophy and also didnt get far into the story. I will start a new game, so i can enjoy the story more.

La82a5d.png

Pyre

This Category was the hardest to choose, because i try to not spoil myself on games i havent played yet, so i often dont know if the story contains some form of redemption or something of the kind, but i think this should fit, if i may use a quote:

"Your task is to put together a kind of mystical sports team to compete in an arcane ritual called The Trials, which are the only way for criminals exiled to a bleak frontier called the Downside to earn a pardon and return to the shining Commonwealth from whence they came."

This also will be the only game on my list i have not yet started.

Lb53d0b.png

Color Guardians

I also started this in january this year, so its about time to get on with it. Sits at 17% right now.

L0fc905.png

Song of the Deep

This i started quite recently, at the beginning of November, im at 10%.

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 2

FRIDAY UPDATE: This is one of my favorite things from the first event I held. One of the players gave an update every Friday and it was always interesting to hear what they were up to and how things were going. I encourage all of you to post an weekly update too.

23826291_277976842725755_307667490019648

I stayed up late, and in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning, I got going with my first game, Saints Row 4. I had started this way back in 2016. I completed the christmas DLC right away and dressed my character in an elf costume to do all the rest. I started working on some of the trophies from the main game after that. I don't have much left percentage-wise; however, there's one trophy that involves completing all challenges in the game and I think it will take me 15-20 hours for that SILVER trophy.

WEEKEND PLANS:

No big goal for me this weekend. I want to make a bit more progress on SR4 and get a start on Just Sing. I haven't played anything like Just Sing before so I want to get an idea of how much trouble its going to be for me. (I started Just Sing this morning and it looks like I won't have any difficulty. I got what I thought would be the hard trophy, as it involved having perfect timing, on my very first song. I think it's just a matter of singing 130 songs total now because the rest should unlock along the way.)

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

I like the idea of a Friday update so I'll do one as well.

FRIDAY UPDATE

Lfad333.png

25/79 - 26%

Although it was not on my original list, I found myself playing Horizon Zero Dawn as the event started and realized it fit the snow theme for this event. I'm nearly done with the main questline and only have about 4-5 quests left to complete the story. Then I have to do all the side quests, collect all the collectibles and other typical open world activities. I'm hoping to get the platinum by next Friday and buy the DLC to start working on that later down the line.spacer.png

L291728.png

12/17 - 69%

I've also been slowly working on Amplitude the last couple weeks and although I only have 4 trophies left, I still have a long way to go to the platinum. There is a trophy that requires you to complete a 15 song campaign run on expert difficulty without failing, quitting or retrying. I can easily beat every song in the game on expert, however, you need to earn enough points in the first 4 songs in a region to unlock the fifth bonus song, with there being 3 regions in the campaign. So I've been practicing every day and slowly getting better at the songs I struggle to get a high enough score in. 

WEEKEND PLANS: Keep practicing the songs in Amplitude and continue to work through Horizon's open world.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CjShai said:

@Toogie53, if it's ok can I change my category 4 game to FFXV (25%) as mentioned above instead of Song Of the Deep,

Many thanks ?

Yeah. I'm going through the posts now and updating the main thread. I'm sorry if I posted it wrong, but I was having trouble with the editor so I had to commit the changes before I was 100% ready. I'm still missing most of the participants at this point. I appreciate you speaking up though. I want to make sure everyone's list is accurate. 

Oh I also bought FFXV on a Black Friday sale. Since I have my picks for this event already going, I'm letting my wife wrap it up to be under the tree. It sounds like you really like this game since you've platted it twice. It makes me excited to give it a go. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Hey @Toogie53, I'm sorry I haven't seen this sooner as I've been busy at home and such. I'd love to join this event, if I can still join! I've been super excited to see what was happening with it. Could I update you with my list tomorrow as I'm currently not able to get to my games to make a game plan :( I'm going to pick up a new console for Christmas tomorrow so when I get back, I'll definitely do my list for you. 

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Hey @Toogie53, I'm sorry I haven't seen this sooner as I've been busy at home and such. I'd love to join this event, if I can still join! I've been super excited to see what was happening with it. Could I update you with my list tomorrow as I'm currently not able to get to my games to make a game plan :( I'm going to pick up a new console for Christmas tomorrow so when I get back, I'll definitely do my list for you. 

I had reserved you a spot from the when we messaged at the end of the last event. I just need your games. I already have you on the participants section. 

The Friday update thing is definitely a good idea. Think I tried to do that during the Halloween event; also gives me practice to get used to the keys on my laptop :P 

I was supposed to work today but my boss told me to stay home because the store wasn't busy. :o Surprising, I know. Sort of think Black Friday is too overrated now anyways when Cyber Monday and/or Boxing Day usually have the same deals or better. So, I've just been slowly plugging away at FFXV. I've only ever played FFVII out of the whole series but XV is seriously amazing so @Toogie53, waiting till Christmas to play it sucks but I promise it will be worth it! 

FFXV is still going to take a while for me to finish (even though I've already sunk 42 hours into it), I might start and finish one of the other games on my list as I get closer to the platinum. Since I hit platinum 165, I made it a goal to make FFXV 175 and get it (and possibly a few more platinum's) before the year is out. On track so far! With certain sales though, the back log list is like a neverending story.. >.<  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

The Friday update thing is definitely a good idea. Think I tried to do that during the Halloween event; also gives me practice to get used to the keys on my laptop :P 

I was supposed to work today but my boss told me to stay home because the store wasn't busy. :o Surprising, I know. Sort of think Black Friday is too overrated now anyways when Cyber Monday and/or Boxing Day usually have the same deals or better. So, I've just been slowly plugging away at FFXV. I've only ever played FFVII out of the whole series but XV is seriously amazing so @Toogie53, waiting till Christmas to play it sucks but I promise it will be worth it! 

FFXV is still going to take a while for me to finish (even though I've already sunk 42 hours into it), I might start and finish one of the other games on my list as I get closer to the platinum. Since I hit platinum 165, I made it a goal to make FFXV 175 and get it (and possibly a few more platinum's) before the year is out. On track so far! With certain sales though, the back log list is like a neverending story.. >.<  

LOL. Grats on the laptop by the way. I'm at work today but it's totally dead for me. I do online retail stuff, but I should only be busy if stuff is broken. So the fact that I'm not busy is really good. I'm trying to line up plat #50 right now. I think I want to do Uncharted 4 for it. I feel the back log pain too and I just keep piling on the long games lately. You're free to swap your games around whenever you have decided on something that works better for you.

Edited by Toogie53

23 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I had reserved you a spot from the when we messaged at the end of the last event. I just need your games. I already have you on the participants section. 

That's right :facepalm: My mind's a complete mush today. I'll get my list to you for tomorrow afternoon at the latest! I think I'm already doing one of the games that I'm going to put in my list anyway so I'm participating without knowing it haha :) 

• Like 1

Okay, so I've had a quick look through my games and I have three games for three challenges but the thing is that I don't have anything for the singing challenge but I have games for the rest of them. Is that okay? I don't expect a bonus badge for completing the 4th challenge as I'm hopefully going to do that for my 3rd instead, if that makes sense. Here's my list for you to look through:

TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Dead Rising 4 (Xbox One)

header.jpg?t=1509468627

Pretty obvious one as it is set at Black Friday/ Christmas time and the game is covered in snow and Christmas Trees! I may do the DLC for Dead Rising 4 as well as I got the Season Pass the other day for £3.20 but this is dependent on time :D. I might chuck in The Escapists Santa's Workshop DLC as well if I have time to finish the main game as well as the DLC.

THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Fable 2 (Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Fable_II.jpg

Another simple one as you have to make moral choices throughout the whole game and your decisions change the game. I'm already about 35% into the game achievements wise and I have a journal with all the collectables and achievements in so I should be able to bash it out in a week or so. 

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! 

This is the only one that I don't have a game for :( 

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Bioshock 1 (Xbox One) (Subject to Change though)

Bioshock-1-04.png

I'm not sure what Dad element this has as I don't want to read any plot points or anything to find out but I saw someone has put this in their list for this challenge so I figured I'd put it in as I don't really have anything else either for this one.

My GamerTag is AshesToAshes97 and the link to an achievement tracking website is in my signature so it would be super simple for you to track :).

Count me in! :D???☃️❄️

I'll be playing:

Saints Row IV - How the Saints save Christmas DLC, I mean it’s Saints Row and a Christmas dlc, it couldn’t be better! 

Bully - I conviniently played the game up to the start of chapter 3, and shall be completing all the miscellaneous trophies possible during the chapter, as well as the chapter it self :)☃️❄️ 

Assassin’s Creed 3 - Just for the story, as it’s one I’m fond of, and Boston during the snow and the homestead couldn’t have a more festive vibe if they tried.

Harry Potter Collection - A two for one, but it’ll be done nether the less. My favourite movies for this time of the year, and what better way to relive them than alongside the games Remastered ?⛄️?

On the side I’ll also be playing some world of Warcraft, which is again another game great at capturing the christmas spirit, so I’ll definitely be frequenting this game. Mafia 2 and Skyrim (despite having the S rank for Skyrim and the plat for Mafia 2) are two of my most fondest games, and shall be getting played regardless on Christmas Eve, which is just a tradition. I’ll probably deck out a house on minecraft whilst I’m at it :D?❄️?⛄️???.

Edited by Wxddlindan

Hello,

If I'm able to join, I'd like to get in on this too!

If so, here is my preliminary list!

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - 

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (DLC) - 85%

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - (moral choices)
    Beyond: Two Souls - 25%

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! -
    Beat Sketcher - 0%

4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - (if I'm not mistaken, the Prince is trying to help the amnesiac King by restoring his memories)
    Katamari Forever - 16%

How does that look?

I'm so sorry, I only just now got the notification for this event D; I am still totally in, but I still need to think of a good pick for the third category. Other than that...

TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!

South Park: The Fractured But Whole. It's in Colorado and it is always snowing in South Park.

THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST!

Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy. Choices and consequences are a thing in Telltale games, so I think this fits~

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!

???

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!

Child of Light. This was about saving your dad, wasn't it?

Edited by ShakeNBake663

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

LOL. Grats on the laptop by the way. I'm at work today but it's totally dead for me. I do online retail stuff, but I should only be busy if stuff is broken. So the fact that I'm not busy is really good. I'm trying to line up plat #50 right now. I think I want to do Uncharted 4 for it. I feel the back log pain too and I just keep piling on the long games lately. You're free to swap your games around whenever you have decided on something that works better for you.

Thanks xD I work retail as well. Uncharted 4 would be a good one for 50. I say do that one :) I have yet to get it and play it myself. Wanna get it cheaper than it is right now lol

I can finish my 3 games by next year for sure. I'm just hoping I can find one for the optional category that is super cheap :P I've already gone crazy spending for Christmas gifts and a few games for myself, which I think I've only finished one.. >.>

So much for Friday updates. I've made too much progress to not a post an update today.

spacer.pngLfad333.png

Platinum #82 - Horizon Zero Dawn 

1Lf9f2b0.png

I ended up powering through all of Horizon the last two days. That being said, it's pretty obvious that I enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite game of this year (although that might change once I get to Persona 5). So I have completed the first code of the elves.

L291728.png

14/17 - 81%

I also made some pretty good progress in Amplitude. I managed to unlocked Super difficulty and got two trophies while doing so. I've been playing through all of the songs again on Super to get the trophy for beating all the songs on super. I have currently beat 7/30 of the songs. Then I have to go back and do that horrible expert, no fail, high score campaign run.

I'll probably play The Little Acre tomorrow and get that done because it should only take about an hour. I'll make post another update when I do.

Well, still without internet connection at home  ? I'll probably end up using my phone to upload my trophies when the time comes (if my ISP providers doesn't solve the problem first), but I will enter the event with Final Fantasy X I'm been playing it for this month but since I won't be able to plat it before November 31st since I still need 20 hours or more in full farming mode, and also I will need another half palytrought to get one trophy (wich is about 20-40 hours just because I missed some collectables, why? because I did not have internet to look for a guide ?). Anyways... there's snow in one part of the game, but the important feature is that it fits the optional category BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!

Note: for those who haven't play it but will do someday, this is not a big spoiler or something, the game itself is not about find your dad but it comes along the way as a part of the story

My weekend went pretty well gaming-wise. I didn't make as much progress in Saints Row as I wanted. However, I got much farther along with Just Sing than I thought I would. In Saints Row I got stuck on the hard version of Genki's Mind Over Murder. Even after several attempts, I wasn't even close to the gold time.  I needed to blow off some steam,  so I decided to bake some gingerbread men. 

23926388.jpg

@Pikachu I got your games added. I'm trying to think of what to suggest for #3 for you. The one I chose, Just Sing, is super simple and was less than $5 at my local Game Stop. (I just looked it up at GAME and it's £4.50 on PS4 but £30 on Xbox One. Really strange!) After goofing around with it for a while now, I've found that it's not checking your pitch, or even that you are singing the right words. It mostly the rhythm that you sing into the microphone matches up with the song. i.e. You're singing when you're supposed to be. I think you could plat it even if you're tone deaf.

@Wxddlindan Nice choices. You make a good suggestion when you were talking about what else you're going to do for the holiday. Minecraft can be themed to work with most holidays; Christmas included. It could work well for Treat Everyday Like Christmas. 

@masaru-san Of course you can join! I added you to the list. Katamari Forever sounds like it works. It's less about physically locating and more about restoring memories. It's an interesting take on the concept. 

@ShakeNBake663 I updated your games. I don't know the plot of Child of Light but I know others selected it. So it expect that it fits the category quite well. 

@xMissFantasy I ended up picking up a few games on the weekend too. But on the plus side, I've pretty much done all my Christmas shopping already. I need to get my wife something to read, since it's our tradition; but that's really all that's left. Everyone else is crossed off. The Little Acre goes on sale a lot and it's a plat that only takes an hour or two. It's about $10 normal price so even if you don't find it on sale, it could probably work for your budget. 

@monkeydluffy512 I've updated your games. Funk of the Titans looks interesting. Please let me know what you think of it. It's been in my backlog for a while.

@Kent10201 Nice going! The first platinum of the event. I think my wife bought this for me for Christmas. When I finish the plats for this event, I will be at 49. So if get Horizon Zero Dawn, it's very likely it will be my 50th. If not, I plan to do Uncharted 4. 

@Uchiha_Snake__ I'm sorry to hear about all your internet issues. That really sucks. Just post when you can. I'm really flexible. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2