Rankineer

What are you reading?

921 posts in this topic

514chZ6yyjL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just came in from Amazon yesterday. I really needed some 'new' Dresden.

51l5uYlU6pL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I haven't read anything in a long time (sadly) so I hoped this book would spark my enthusiasm again. It seems to be working as I started the book yesterday and I've read about 120 pages so far.

i'm in the middle of book 6 of the Wheel of Time Series.... called Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan

The Secret World of Oil by Ken Silverstein

41SUfl0vHGL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Really interesting look behind the scenes of one of the world's most crucial industry. Silverstein also investigates traders, fixers, American law firms, lobbyists and PR agencies that protect and whitewash the petroleum dictatorships. Especially when he gets these normally secretive people to talk open, you as a reader realize how shady these trading processes really are. 

Currently reading Exile by James Swallow Exile-by-James-Swallow-880x1277.jpg

Also, The Complete Poems of Anne Sexton 

61To5OfiOCL.jpg

Image result for doctor who diamond dogs

I've read Mike Tucker's other Doctor Who books (The Nightmare of Black Island, Snowglobe 7, & The Crawling Terror). Snowglobe 7 has been his best so far, we'll see if this one can top it. 

Savage Dragon

About 50 issues in. Right about where I stopped back in the day.

The_Outsider_by_Stephen_King.jpg

Edited by Jamescush147

I've been trying to read The Night Circus but I just haven't had time lately, I need to get back into it!

23559647.jpg

Just finished this. I was not a huge fan of the present tense but I found the world and the main character (who is mute) very intriguing.

The second part of a trilogy, the last volume will be out in August, a panoramic view of society and a fascinating study of human nature with a wide range of characters and never a dull moment (at least I see it that way :)).

h9TFny8.jpg

thebrotherskaramazov.jpg

This book has to be a classic for a reason so I decided to check it out.

61Z9HHQ3QqL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reading the individual issues of Green Lantern. just finished this storyline.

I've been juggling these 3:

833423.jpg

Wyrd Sisters (Terry Pratchett)

10313931.jpg

Quiet (Susan Cain)

1102118.jpg

Reading the Numbers (Mary Blocksma)

A little bit of fiction, a little bit of non-fiction.

Image result for the iron jackal

Picked this up several months back in the bargain section of the bookstore because I have a soft spot for steampunk. I'm only about 5 chapters in & already loving it! & of course I come to find out after I start it that this happens to be book 3 of 4. Never could read a series in order. 

Related image

An interesting title...Personally would have done some things differently, but it gets 3.5 stars overall. 

Image result for the american spirit by david mccullough

An average read...a lot of grand talk without any of the needed follow-up action...also, I found it rather funny that 1/2 of the speeches were at college commencement ceremonies and the speakers were repeatedly lambasting the lack of knowledge of American History known by the young attendees...you think that maybe they should have fixed that problem with the classes the college held??? Just Saying...

Image result for the little green book of chairman rahma

If you ever wondered what life would be like if the Extreme Left got everything they wanted and ran the world..It's right here in this book...Written by the son of Sci-Fi master Frank Herbert (Dune), this one is a must-read for anyone sitting on the fence of environmental protectionism....4.5 stars...

Image result for jacksonland

Here's some history you'll NEVER see in the American Educational System...If you aren't outraged enough to go burn down Washington D.C. after reading this book, you have no soul....4 stars....