Platinum now stuck behind a pay wall??

Ripper

The issue regarding the Prestige Raid trophy should be fixed in a few weeks. Not sure how that will work for the Trials of the Nine trophy as such competitive mode always has remain as part of the latest expansion (unless Bungie does an exception here). We should found out tomorrow if the Trials of the Nine will remain as part of the latest expansion.

Trophies and Achievements

We are aware that there are some Destiny 2 trophies and achievements that have become unavailable to players who have not purchased Curse of Osiris. We are committed to fixing this issue, and are currently investigating a solution. Please stay tuned for more updates on this topic as progress is made.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46526

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 2

The bastards at Bungie strike again.  I knew it was just a matter of time before they pulled the same stuff they did with the first game.  I'm so glad I did not buy this game.  And in the future, I'll go out of my way to avoid their games.  Too many other quality games out there to put up with this nonsense.

• Like 2

Well, Bungie just posted a fix to this trophy issue.

Basically they're moving the prestige raid back to 300 power so it won't require the expansion. The prestige nightfall will stay at 330 power so that'll require CoO still. Trials of the Nine on the other hand will only require CoO if it's on a map that requires the expansion.

However, they also said they'll change the phrasing of the prestige trophy to reflect this change, so that it'll say it requires completion of the prestige raid. Their phrasing however makes it a bit unclear if they'll also change the requirements so that you can no longer get the trophy at all from doing the prestige nightfall. If that is indeed the case, it's going to be a bit of a pain to get the trophy now since the prestige raid is about 30 times harder than the prestige nightfall.

• Like 1

Apparently this is being fixed today. The Light requirement for the base-game raid is going to be patched back down to the level achievable with the base game. Just FYI for everyone. 

Source.

the Prestige raid will drop back down to Power level 300 - so you no longer require Curse of Osiris to access it, get the achievement/trophy, or complete the Legend of Acrius exotic questline.

14 hours ago, IDiivil said:

However, they also said they'll change the phrasing of the prestige trophy to reflect this change, so that it'll say it requires completion of the prestige raid. Their phrasing however makes it a bit unclear if they'll also change the requirements so that you can no longer get the trophy at all from doing the prestige nightfall. If that is indeed the case, it's going to be a bit of a pain to get the trophy now since the prestige raid is about 30 times harder than the prestige nightfall.

I'm going to assume that they will change it so that only the Raid counts, however, since they didn't clarify (as it typical with Bungie) you just never know. If they do change it so that only the Raid counts then the trophy will become harder to obtain, since completing the Prestige raid is harder, overall, then completing the Prestige Nightfall.

While I think it's a good thing that they are addressing this problem, to me it points to a systemic issue within Bungie where they do something that's somewhat brain dead, act surprised when the community gets mad at them, claim ignorance/stupidity/bugs and then roll back or change things (while not putting things back to the way they were originally) to "fix" the problem they created.

I originally had some faith (pre-launch) that Destiny 2 might actually be a good game, however that feeling rapidly evaporated once I completed the campaign and played through their "end game" (which is now very obviously supposed to be a spend-game). Beyond being bored out of my skull with the game by early October, after all the nonsense of the past few weeks and their very obvious desire to use the game as a vehicle to deliver microtransactions vs worthwhile content, I'm done. No more Destiny for me, no more glorified patches "expansions", no Bungie games period. There are so many other good games out there, solo and online, that provide a substantially better gameplay experience so I see zero reason to waste my time with this game or this developer. They've turned a promising franchise opportunity into a complete pooch screw, so as far as I'm concerned this franchise is dead (to me anyway).

Edited by Swotam

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why you guys are surprised. They've been doing this since Halo 3. They lock base modes out when DLC releases. Shouldn't be allowed, but they've been doing it since 2007 so who's gonna stop them?

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 0:47 PM, Swotam said:

Agreed, I don't see them changing anything in the current release, however I think they will have to change something about the vanilla D2 trophy list since I don't think Sony will like them locking the base-game Platinum (intentionally or otherwise) behind paid DLC. I suspect they'll nerf the requirements for the Prestige and Trials trophies or something like that.

They have increased the power level for the Prestige Raid and Nightfall to 330, something you cannot achieve without owning the DLC. It's not something you can eventually get just by waiting for a non-DLC map or something like that.

The first game locked content behind paid expansions, which is crappy for sure. It did not lock base-game trophies behind DLC content, probably because the original trophy list for Destiny didn't include any difficulty-specific trophies

This simply isn't true, you absolutely need The Taken King DLC to platinum Destiny 1:

Suited Up

Suited for War trophy_silver.png
Have all armor and weapon slots equipped with Legendary or Exotic gear. comments.gif (11) 

*Requires The Taken King*

This will take a while to acquire Legendary or Exotic gear in all slots because of how random drops can be. As of the release of The Taken King, you must be level 40 to be able to equip Legendary (purple) or Exotic (yellow) gear in all slots. You are only allowed to have at most one Exotic weapon and one Exotic armor equipped at a time. The rest of your gear must be Legendary. 

Exotics can be acquired in a variety of ways. See The Life Exotic for more info.

Legendary gear can be acquired from faction (Vanguard, Crucible, New Monarchy, Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, and Gunsmith) packages as well as being purchased from the Cryptarchs for Legendary Marks. Legendary class items can also be purchased from the Speaker for Legendary Marks and Motes of Light. 

You will need to have Legendary or Exotic items in all of the following slots:
Primary Weapon
Special Weapon
Heavy Weapon
Ghost Shell
Helmet
Gloves
Chest Piece
Boots
Class Item
Artifact (unlocked at Rank 40)

Friendly amendment to your comments about the Suited for War achievement in Destiny. You are correct that Taken King DLC (patch 2.0.0.3) is a must: Only way to acquire and equip the purple artifact...and legendary ghost, added requirements in that patch. So, currently, the Destiny platinum is locked behind a paywall.

My raid team recently tried to assist someone to get platinum who couldn't afford the Taken King DLC. You will run into a wall with Suited for War. You can equip legendary gear and exotic guns at level 20 (I recently did another platinum run on my alt and got a level 20 Mida, for instance), and you can equip 2 exotic armor pieces (level 25 faction exotic class items and a level 20 exotic). You can farm purple gear from Vault of Glass in vanilla Destiny (will take many runs). But, alas, you will be stuck with no purple artifacts and a blue ghost.

Edited by bigrake1
Extra Information

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Corcevado said:

Did they update this issue? I believe that we are still locked behind the payment wall. This week nightfall strike needs the newes5 DLC..

Nah, it's the same shitshow. But technically it's not unobtainable since you can just wait a week and do another nightfall.

1 minute ago, SevenStars94 said:

Nightfalls Prestige runs don't count anymore for this trophy. Only Leviathan Prestige.

There's a trophy for completing a nightfall strike though, which is technically unobtainable this week as you can't play the current nightfall without owning the DLC.

• Like 1

Just now, IDiivil said:

There's a trophy for completing a nightfall strike though, which is technically unobtainable this week as you can't play the current nightfall without owning the DLC.

You're right (for the normal nightfall) ?

Yeah, you can only wait for another week ?

9 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

That was what I was askng, thanks! Ill wait one week then. Is it true that it will be easier to achieve trophies if I buy DLC (higher light level and level cap)? Or will the difficulty be adjusted to your strength?

51 minutes ago, Corcevado said:

That was what I was askng, thanks! Ill wait one week then. Is it true that it will be easier to achieve trophies if I buy DLC (higher light level and level cap)? Or will the difficulty be adjusted to your strength?

D2 has a difficulty scaling system where things get harder if you're below the recommended power level for the activity. However, once you're at or above the recommended power,  you don't see things getting easier. So you can't really overlevel the content and roflstomp it.

I believe the nightfall recommended power is at 270, which means that as long as you're 270 power you won't really see any difference in difficulty. The base game has a power cap of 300 (305 with mods).

The second DLC puts you at around 330 power when reaching max level, while having a cap of 380 (385 with mods).

So if you just want to do trophies, it's definitely doable with just having the base game. But Destiny 2 is one of those games where it's kind of hard to just jump out of nowhere and complete the prestige raid for example, as it takes some getting used to the game's nuances.

Also I think it might be  easier to reach 300+ power while at least having the first DLC. If I remember correctly, the prestige mode of leviathan has a recommended power level of 300, with the last boss being at 310. So if that's your goal, it may be worth it to get the DLC if money isn't a huge issue.

Edited by IDiivil
It's called power in D2, not light.
  • Like 1