What's Your Gaming Routine?

Kaiten_the_Hero

2 hours ago, Froopy said:

Your wife is lucky to have someone who can balance gaming and life.  Kudos!

just so there's no confusion...i love gaming as much as the next person and my lifestyle allows me to hop on my console on a somewhat daily basis but with regards to routine all the things i love and need are in the above post...without them my life would be a complete mess and quite chaotic...the "responsibilities" (for lack of a better word) are what allow me to call other luxuries "hobbies"...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

coffee, wife, washroom, work, kids and wife, eat (yep, only once a day), shower, possibly a little work here, and sleep...rinse and repeat most days of the year...gaming and other hobbies slide their way in when the above responsibilities have been met...

- Wow, quite a schedule! At least you have your priorities on point :)
Only eating once a day though? oof, I'd be dead on the floor hah

15 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

I usually don't play in the week as I am too tired from school so often just go to sleep in the evenings. If I'm not doing anything on the weekend I will usually play. When I do play however I find it very difficult to stop and often forget to eat which is a problem in the holidays when my mum is at work lol.

- Oh god, maybe you could put an alarm on your phone for every 3-5 hours, just to make sure you eat? :P

11 hours ago, black__bunny said:

I’m a shift worker and my shifts are long so usually only get time on my days off when everyone else is generally at work. Suits me that way as I can get in a good long session usually and uninterrupted by general life responsibilities 

- Yeah I can understand that, sometimes its better that way I suppose, makes it so you don't have to play in short bursts (especially if you play longer games, would be annoying having to stop after 2 hours of barely getting anything done in the game)! 

ALSO - JUST WANTED TO ADD; 
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO'S ADDED TO THIS TOPIC, ITS BEEN A REALLY INTERESTING CHAT! :)

• Like 3

Work, Gym, Gaming, Girlfriend ?. It all depends what shift I am on at work. Today I started at 6.30am so I will be done by 2.30pm and I can get home and play. My other shifts I sometimes start at 2.30pm and finish 10pm so I cant get online because I like to get a bit gym work done before I start work. 

• Like 1

i don't know why, but i'm always so exhausted when i get back from work, and my work isn't that hard (accountant), i wake up 6.30 am and get back home at 4.00 pm, eat and than all of sudden i'm sleep. don't get to play like i used to. i'm new to work so maybe i'm not used to it, hopping one day i get used to it ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mojtaba333 said:

i don't know why, but i'm always so exhausted when i get back from work, and my work isn't that hard (accountant), i wake up 6.30 am and get back home at 4.00 pm, eat and than all of sudden i'm sleep. don't get to play like i used to. i'm new to work so maybe i'm not used to it, hopping one day i get used to it 1f634.png 

- I'm sure its something your body will get used to, its a similar to what I'm having at the moment, been a few years since I last had a permanent job so it took me by surprise. Especially at the start I think its probably best to focus on the work side, because once you get used to it, you'll find yourself suddenly with the gaming urges hah :D

49 minutes ago, luckyluscombe said:

Work and kids mean I don't have as much time as I used to. Some days I just don't have the energy left after the kids are in bed to game. I have to do a fair few work trips so I am away a lot - those are normally the days I will game heavily in the hotel room.

- I can imagine that's stressful and time consuming! Good that there are times where you can relax and get some gaming done, even if its only small portions here and there :)
Especially this time of year, bet its hectic for you!

I work from 9 AM until at least 7:00/7:30 PM.

I'm usually at home an hour later and I'm often done with showering, cooking dinner, eating/watching something and ironing my shirt for tomorrow around 10:30 PM.

So that leaves me with around 1h/1h30 per evening, unless I'm too exhausted.

Friday evenings are good because I can play until 01:00 AM.

As well as Sunday afternoons.

Still, I'm frustrated because there are a lot of games I've bought over the past 2 years but haven't gotten the time to play them.

It depends. I'm still in education till July, so I have a fair bit of free time compared to when I have been working. The weekends do still generally tend to be the days where I have the most amount of free time though, aside from the weekends where I am actually working (and even then it's only up till 3pm). I tend to start new games during the weekends, or play those games that are only 8 hours long or less and complete them in a day or over the two days.

I generally always play at least 2 hours of something every day though, usually in the evening if I don't have much time during the day/afternoon. But like I said, it depends, some days I really don't have time to play anything, or I simply don't feel like playing anything.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:54 AM, black__bunny said:

I’m a shift worker and my shifts are long so usually only get time on my days off when everyone else is generally at work. Suits me that way as I can get in a good long session usually and uninterrupted by general life responsibilities 

Know exactly how you feel, work 12hr shifts myself

• Like 1

@topic: literally all the time :D

I'm between jobs right now since I quit  after 4 years in marketing feeling like I have no life at all...? I worked 10h a day plus 3h by train (to the office and back), played on my vita in lunch break and another 4h in the evening on ps3/4, rest of the time was evening routine and cleaning up, then 4h of sleep and that was fine as long as I was okay with my job.

when I started to hate all the collegues and my job and everything I quit. As a trophy hunter I planned my gaming sessions meticulous that days and that was fun too, but now I enjoy just to play what I like. I still hunt and I am very happy with it but less stiff planned.

I am pretty stressed by ppl in general, I hate to go out and just live with my husband. so at the moment I leave the house once a week for groceries or whenever I get a jobinterview. rest of the time is keeping the house clean, little bit of sports and gaming, since all my freinds live far away and we just chat every evening in ps4 chat.

so routine is get up at 12, shower, clean the kitchen, clean whatever I can find that day too, start gaming around 3pm, some zumba at 5pm, gaming again and preparing dinner for hubby around 7pm, gaming for the rest of the night, going to bed at 6am.

yep that probably sounds creepy to some ppl, but it is the happiest thing for me at the moment and will change again with my new job so I enjoy that as long as I can ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, omarbanzai said:

I work from 9 AM until at least 7:00/7:30 PM.

I'm usually at home an hour later and I'm often done with showering, cooking dinner, eating/watching something and ironing my shirt for tomorrow around 10:30 PM.

So that leaves me with around 1h/1h30 per evening, unless I'm too exhausted.

Friday evenings are good because I can play until 01:00 AM.

As well as Sunday afternoons.

Still, I'm frustrated because there are a lot of games I've bought over the past 2 years but haven't gotten the time to play them.

- Wow, yeah I can understand the annoyance with that. Its bad enough for me prior to getting back into work, I had a backlog of around 70 games, which now I've gotten down to around 15 (mainly via selling games I know I bought just out of impulse) - I'm now starting to realise how precious the little time you get is, and how often you WON'T be able to play the games you buy. 
Very stressful hah

9 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It depends. I'm still in education till July, so I have a fair bit of free time compared to when I have been working. The weekends do still generally tend to be the days where I have the most amount of free time though, aside from the weekends where I am actually working (and even then it's only up till 3pm). I tend to start new games during the weekends, or play those games that are only 8 hours long or less and complete them in a day or over the two days.

I generally always play at least 2 hours of something every day though, usually in the evening if I don't have much time during the day/afternoon. But like I said, it depends, some days I really don't have time to play anything, or I simply don't feel like playing anything.

- Oh that's not too bad then :)
Yeah weekends seem to be the biggest gaming time for almost everyone, you don't need to think about work/education so you can relax!

6 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

@topic: literally all the time :D

I'm between jobs right now since I quit  after 4 years in marketing feeling like I have no life at all...1f612.png I worked 10h a day plus 3h by train (to the office and back), played on my vita in lunch break and another 4h in the evening on ps3/4, rest of the time was evening routine and cleaning up, then 4h of sleep and that was fine as long as I was okay with my job.

when I started to hate all the collegues and my job and everything I quit. As a trophy hunter I planned my gaming sessions meticulous that days and that was fun too, but now I enjoy just to play what I like. I still hunt and I am very happy with it but less stiff planned.

I am pretty stressed by ppl in general, I hate to go out and just live with my husband. so at the moment I leave the house once a week for groceries or whenever I get a jobinterview. rest of the time is keeping the house clean, little bit of sports and gaming, since all my freinds live far away and we just chat every evening in ps4 chat.

so routine is get up at 12, shower, clean the kitchen, clean whatever I can find that day too, start gaming around 3pm, some zumba at 5pm, gaming again and preparing dinner for hubby around 7pm, gaming for the rest of the night, going to bed at 6am.

yep that probably sounds creepy to some ppl, but it is the happiest thing for me at the moment and will change again with my new job so I enjoy that as long as I can 1f607.png

- haha, that's not creepy! If you're happy then its awesome :D
Sorry you had a bad time at your last job, can imagine it was horrible when you started to hate people more etc. 
Last proper job I had I worked under my Father - who was an a*****e - made work horrible for me and when things went sour, he just told people at work that I "couldn't cope with it". Needless to say I don't regret never seeing him again. (sorry I know that was a bit out of left field, but it felt okay to say ha). Ever since then I've been gaming almost non-stop, until I got back into work, starting to miss the days where I could do whatever the hell I wanted haha

But yeah, as for the routine and the gaming habits etc, that sounds like you're having fun doing it :)
(Good luck with the Job Hunting too!)

4 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Nothing wrong with being nocturnal and getting up at the crack of lunch :)

Couldn't agree more :D

• Like 1

• Turn on TV
  • Turn on Playstation 3 or Playstation 4
  • Pick up controller
  • Start game
  • Earn trophies and enjoy game
  • Plat game, then any extra non-trophy related stuff if it's available
  • Post plat on Recent Plat Thread to get validation from strangers and feel somewhat accomplished, yet mostly empty and lost and dead inside and ...?
  • Remove disc or delete game
  • Turn off console and TV or start a new game.

That's my routine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Primeape said:
  • Turn on TV and Playstation 3 or Playstation 4
  • Pick up controller
  • Start game
  • Earn trophies and enjoy game
  • Plat game, then any extra non-trophy related stuff if it's available
  • Post plat on Recent Plat Thread to get validation from strangers and feel somewhat accomplished, yet mostly empty and lost and dead inside and ...1f62b.png
  • Remove disc or delete game
  • Turn off console and TV or start a new game.

That's my routine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Nice and simple lol

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 9:59 PM, FilmFanatic said:

Other than watching a movie every Friday and Saturday night, I spend all my spare time gaming. I work 40 hours a week and probably game for around as many hours a week as well. None of this causes my backlog to decrease however.

Hehe same here.  I'm starting to make a dent in my physical disc backlog, but digital backlog is building up ?

16 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

- haha, that's not creepy! If you're happy then its awesome :D
Sorry you had a bad time at your last job, can imagine it was horrible when you started to hate people more etc. 
Last proper job I had I worked under my Father - who was an a*****e - made work horrible for me and when things went sour, he just told people at work that I "couldn't cope with it". Needless to say I don't regret never seeing him again. (sorry I know that was a bit out of left field, but it felt okay to say ha). Ever since then I've been gaming almost non-stop, until I got back into work, starting to miss the days where I could do whatever the hell I wanted haha

But yeah, as for the routine and the gaming habits etc, that sounds like you're having fun doing it :)
(Good luck with the Job Hunting too!)

Couldn't agree more :D

Oh my, I totally feel you! I broke contact with my family too, sometimes its for the best. Same for the job: it's not healthy to try cope with everything even if you totally could. but endure something like that with family is even worse. important is that we are happy in our situation now and decided to go on in life instead of beeing stuck in crap like that.

And I am glad I left my company on time. When I realized my collegues are complete a***** when under pressure and a few nice collegues quit their jobs after 4 years bc of the new a*** collegues, there was nothing left for me to look forewards everyday and soon after the last nice one left with myocardium inflammation (stress) they came after me. It's funny to see the company now, bc they had 16 employees and now they have 7 employees left, 2 of them are new, I don't know them but they are on the team website...

And thank you xD I totally need it ^^"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Oh my, I totally feel you! I broke contact with my family too, sometimes its for the best. Same for the job: it's not healthy to try cope with everything even if you totally could. but endure something like that with family is even worse. important is that we are happy in our situation now and decided to go on in life instead of beeing stuck in crap like that.

And I am glad I left my company on time. When I realized my collegues are complete a***** when under pressure and a few nice collegues quit their jobs after 4 years bc of the new a*** collegues, there was nothing left for me to look forewards everyday and soon after the last nice one left with myocardium inflammation (stress) they came after me. It's funny to see the company now, bc they had 16 employees and now they have 7 employees left, 2 of them are new, I don't know them but they are on the team website...

And thank you xD I totally need it ^^"

- Oh crikey, sorry to hear that! But as you say, sometimes its better to let go and just escape from that environment (whether its Family or Work related). 
Arrghh, hate people who deliberately target someone, such a******s!

Nah you'll be great! :D Just keep your chin up and don't get put down if something does go wrong, the next Job will jump out of nowhere! :D

According to my stats, I get most of my trophies between 4-7 PM and 11PM-3 AM and I only don't play a bunch on Thursday and Friday. Sounds about right. I prefer playing in the evening and night because there's fewer distractions and I have other stuff I do during the day. I always make sure I have a snack and something to drink nearby. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

According to my stats, I get most of my trophies between 4-7 PM and 11PM-3 AM and I only don't play a bunch on Thursday and Friday. Sounds about right. I prefer playing in the evening and night because there's fewer distractions and I have other stuff I do during the day. I always make sure I have a snack and something to drink nearby. 

- Yeah that's understandable, sometimes its best to play at night, quieter as well like :)

• Like 1

I work 40 hours and my girlfriend is pretty busy with her study this year.

My weekly routine is usually:

Work 07:00 -> 15:30

Go to the gym ~ 1 hour

Enter my gaming cave around 18:00 and game till 23:00 / 23:30

Wednesday seeing my girlfriend after work

Friday mostly weekend around 15:00 and game till easy 04:00 - 06:00(yeah I have issues)

Saterday evening: quality with girlfriend

Sunday girlfriend usually stays till 18:00~

and repeat

so yeah I can game a lot xD 

• Like 1