The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

Digimon Adventure

Digimon Adventure

Episode 1-3

Since Crunchyroll expanded the regions for this some time ago, I think it's time I start watching this. It's been 20 years or so since I last saw this and I remember seeing the first three episodes. That, and some clips from other episodes. It feels nostalgic seeing this after so many years. Same can be said about Adventure 02 (when I get to that someday).

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist

Episode 11-13

I'm more than halfway done when it comes to reading the manga, but I've been rather lazy when it comes to watching the anime. I think it's time to fix that and resume this. I know Brotherhood is the better adaptation, but the first one is still good in some ways.

Also, I might as well say that I now have 999 completed entries on MAL which means the next one will be the 1000th. All I can say about it, I've been planning to start watching it for a long time. I'll keep it a secret as to what it'll be, but I'll give some hints about it. It's from the early 2000's and it's animated by Bones. Since I started my otaku hobby by watching Soul Eater (which was also from Bones), I might as well do that for this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

An anime that changed me after i watched it desite being quite old and animation limited for today's standards is Ashita no Joe or Tomorrow's Joe, a story and chars that bring life and emotion to the rough world of the slums' life where boxing becames ad inpiration for so many people struggling in their lifes and a it gives them hop to fullfill their inner dreams of a better life.

Tomorrow's Joe featured | Nefarious Reviews

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VisibleBanana said:

I got to episode 88 of Naruto (for the third time in like 15 years), but I fell off again. Someone convince me to get back into it. 

That's funny, it's almost the same point where I stopped watching and took a break as well. 

What makes me want to return is the beginning of the Sasuke vs Naruto rivalry, which is basically what the whole show is most famous for. I just want to see their first fight. It's supposed to be epic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slava said:

That's funny, it's almost the same point where I stopped watching and took a break as well. 

What makes me want to return is the beginning of the Sasuke vs Naruto rivalry, which is basically what the whole show is most famous for. I just want to see their first fight. It's supposed to be epic.

When does that truly start?

Finished Anime:

86 Season 1

113797.jpg

Episodes Total: 11

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis: According to the Republic of San Magnolia, their ongoing war against the Giadian Empire has no casualties—however, that is mere propaganda. While the silver-haired Alba of the Republic's eighty-five sectors live safely behind protective walls, those of different appearances are interned in a secret eighty-sixth faction. Known within the military as the Eighty-Six, they are forced to fight against the Empire's autonomous Legion under the command of the Republican "Handlers."

Vladilena Milizé is assigned to the Spearhead squadron to replace their previous Handler. Shunned by her peers for being a fellow Eighty-Six supporter, she continues to fight against their inhumane discrimination. Shinei Nouzen is the captain of the Spearhead squadron. Infamous for being the sole survivor of every squadron he's been in, he insists on shouldering the names and wishes of his fallen comrades. When the fates of these young souls from two different worlds collide, will it ignite the spark that lights their path to salvation, or will they burn themselves in the flames of despair?

Leon's notes: Adaptation of the Light Novel 86 and only Volume 1 of the said Light Novel, looking forward to Season 2(Where the Black Haired Red Eyed cutie will appear)

Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha/Hero Successor

114017.jpg

Episodes Total: 12

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis: Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha is set in a world where eons ago valiant heroes fought against the forces of "Destruction." While their deeds passed into legend, the power of these heroes was later inherited by "successors" who fought to protect the world. One day, Faria, a successor of the Seven Knights, saves an ordinary boy named Nemo from the forces of Destruction.

During the ensuing battle, Nemo summons the power of a hero and becomes a successor as well. However, Nemo's hero is a stranger that is unknown to history, and so an epic journey where the past and present collide begins.

Leon's notes: From what I understand the anime is based on the South Korea Mobile game Seven Knights not a adaptation so almost all characters is original to the anime(all heroes except Genius and Eunomia is from the Mobile game)

Waifus:

Spoiler

986a591cafc1fbd1a9032022bc2b5d8016284305

Shirley: One thing is sure is that I like Female Vampires that's not necessarily evil(well I'm fine with evil ones too at times) and is the only member of the "Seven Knights" I like.

2ea871ccef1e743437b85ec04c3fa28a16284302

b5420c5e56cb9623c62034ddc80c870316284302

Reda: Once the damn rock band black eyes makeup is gone and no longer on the "Dark Side", She turns out to be a real cutie.

89450c2071964fefd18128685048930016284303

Vanessa: Vanessa might get me to try the Mobile game.

Higehiro/After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway.

113477.jpg

Episodes Total: 13

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis: When regular salaryman Yoshida wakes up one Sunday morning after a long night at the bar, the last thing he expects to see is that his tiny apartment has a new resident—an unfamiliar high school girl.

The previous night, despite finally gathering the courage to confess to his boss and longtime crush, Airi Gotou, Yoshida was rejected. After drowning his sorrows at a bar with his good friend Hashimoto, Yoshida headed back to his home in a drunken stupor, only to run into Sayu Ogiwara, a runaway high schooler. She asked him to let her stay the night, and with his judgment clouded by alcohol, Yoshida complied.

Now, with his head on straight but with no memory of last night's events, Yoshida has Sayu explain just how she ended up sleeping at his apartment. Having listened to her story, Yoshida finds himself unable to kick her out—especially after learning that she came all the way from Hokkaido! So, despite his reservations about sheltering an underage girl, Yoshida allows her to stay, and their life together begins.

Leon's notes: I might be mistaken here, but the anime adaptation of the Light Novel might be a completed adaptation.

Hyouka + OVA

50521.jpg50363.jpg

Episodes Total: 22

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis (Main): Energy-conservative high school student Houtarou Oreki ends up with more than he bargained for when he signs up for the Classics Club at his sister's behest—especially when he realizes how deep-rooted the club's history really is. Begrudgingly, Oreki is dragged into an investigation concerning the 45-year-old mystery that surrounds the club room.

Accompanied by his fellow club members, the knowledgeable Satoshi Fukube, the stern but benign Mayaka Ibara, and the ever-curious Eru Chitanda, Oreki must combat deadlines and lack of information with resourcefulness and hidden talent, in order to not only find the truth buried beneath the dust of works created years before them, but of other small side cases as well.

Based on the award-winning Koten-bu light novel series, and directed by Yasuhiro Takemoto of Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, Hyouka shows that normal life can be full of small mysteries, be it family history, a student film, or even the withered flowers that make up a ghost story.

Synopsis (OVA): It's another regular day, with Houtarou Oreki sitting at home as usual; that is until his sister Tomoe ropes him into working as a lifeguard at the local swimming pool. Upon reaching the pool, Oreki coincidentally meets the other members of the Classics Club. Eru Chitanda notices that a white object that was on a woman's ear a while ago suddenly disappeared, which leaves her curious about the mystery behind it.

Hyouka: Motsubeki Mono wa features Oreki and the rest of the Classics Club as they have fun at the pool and solve the mystery that has piqued Chitanda's curiosity.

Leon's notes: Run into it while looking at Wakanim(aka Funimation EU) to see if they added more old anime, still had a interest in watching it.

Resident Evil/Biohazard: Infinite Darkness

114439.jpg

Episodes Total: 4

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis: Set between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, the series takes place in 2006 after a hacking incident is uncovered at the White House. Leon S. Kennedy is ordered to investigate the incident, but he encounters zombies when the White House is targeted in a mysterious attack. He later meets Claire Redfield, who's been investigating a strange drawing made by a child refugee while working on a TerraSave-led mission to oversee construction of a welfare facility

Leon's notes: Watching or Playing Resident Evil is always enjoyable for me. Too bad there's yet to be a new RE with Leon S. Kennedy as the MC or one of the lead characters.

Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken/The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

112268.jpg

Enjoyment Level 10

Synopsis: "Dear diary... I got reincarnated as a slime."

Even in another world, lives aren't always on the line. There's plenty of work to be done, from feeding the community and forging the items the community needs; as well as plenty of play ...and hijinks throughout! Join Rimuru and friends as they kick back and enjoy their daily lives.

Leon's notes: It was nice to see the daily life of Rimuru and the others.

Also being a Spin-off, gives them a good excuse return dead characters as ghosts

Spoiler

0e7b508c908c580226aab2bb515c1e9916284343

cfdde76a2c638e03090903d787b4354a16284343

Now i can just picture the bunny outfit Rimuru was forced to wear on Shizue instead

39528fe3e85fb99a0a861918e298a3a516284343

49dbdd3e8d6e25f869a045d5be602c0316284343

Bem Movie: Become Human

108925.jpg

Enjoyment Level 7

Synopsis: Take place 2 years after the last episode of the TV series.

Detective Sonia Summers are tracking Bem and the others. She reunited with Belo, who is fighting a dark organization alone. He brought her to Bem, but Bem doesn't remember anything and living in the city as an ordinary employee... or that is what he thought he was.

Leon's notes: I liked the anime that aired 2 years ago, so good thing the movie was on Wakanim otherwise it would take me quite some time to watch it elsewhere.

Goshuushou-sama/Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun

75603.jpg

Enjoyment Level 9

Synopsis: Shungo Ninomiya is just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill high school student who lives at home with his older sister Ryoko—at least when she's not away doing her job as a mercenary. However, Shungo's life ceases to be normal the moment a cute girl named Mayu Tsukimura descends into the middle of his school's campus in a military-grade helicopter. It turns out Ryoko sent this girl, along with her older brother Mikihiro, to live at the Ninomiya household.

But the newly-arrived siblings are a little special: Mayu is, in fact, a succubus and her brother, an incubus! And as if the circumstances are not problematic enough, Mayu is crippled with androphobia—the fear of men—and it's up to Shungo to help her overcome this at the behest of his sister. Ryoko plans to force Mayu to be closer to Shungo, and to do this, she’ll employ some questionable methods such as having them share the same bed and even take baths together.

The situation further complicates when student council president Reika Houjou arrives as the new maid of the Ninomiya family, and she will stop at nothing to thwart Shungo and Mayu’s sexually-geared training. With the sudden arrival of all these oddities, Shungo's ordinary life is about to be thrown into utter turmoil.

Leon's notes: like Hyouka, run into it while looking at Wakanim.

Dragon's Dogma

109068.jpg

Episodes Total: 7

Enjoyment Level 7

Synopsis: Based on a world-famous action RPG set in an open world, Dragon's Dogma from Capcom will be brought to life as a Netflix original anime series. The story follows a man's journey seeking revenge on a dragon who stole his heart. On his way, the man is brought back to life as an "Arisen." An action adventure about a man challenged by demons who represent the seven deadly sins of humans.

Leon's notes: Finally went back to finish it, I'm more likely to like the game more then I did this "Netflix Anime" but at least it was enjoyable.

Hortensia Saga

113940.jpg

Enjoyment Level 8

Synopsis: A violent rebellion in the capital led by Duke Rugis Camellia wreaks havoc on the Kingdom of Hortensia, leaving every member of the royalty either dead or missing. Barely escaping with his life, knight Maurice Baudelaire flees the ensuing chaos after his brother, Fernando Albert, is killed by a werewolf in battle.

To honor his legacy, Maurice treks to Albert's house and delivers his son, Alfred Ober, his father's sword. Despite his grief, Alfred is reminded of a vow he pledged with his father—to become a knight so that he could protect his land, the Albert Dominion.

Under Maurice's tutelage, Alfred hones his combat skills to fulfill his promise. Training alongside him is Marius Casterede, an intriguing boy whose age seems to be more than meets the eye. Elsewhere, Pope Alexi Valdebron delivers the order to capture the missing princess and crowns Charlot D'Hortensia as the new king. Hortensia Saga is a tale of camaraderie and determination as Alfred, Marius, and Maurice work together with friends of past and present to bring forth light amidst Hortensia's dark times.

Leon's notes: What mostly made me this anime was mostly due to a Black Haired Red Eyed Beauty(which unfortunately she don't show up much).

Started Anime:

Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru./The Detective Is Already Dead

115815.jpg

Leon's notes: Came for the White Haired girl and stayed for Black Haired Red Eyed girl. besides the joke(with some truth to it), The title made me interest so how this anime adaptation will end and how much I enjoy it only time will show.

Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid/The Duke of Death and His Maid

115593.jpg

Leon's notes: Don't mind CGI anime at times.

Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!/The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!

115599.jpg

Leon's notes: Jahy-chan kinda remind me of Beelzebub(from Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita/I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level) well they are both demons and happen to have tan skin color, The anime itself reminded me of other Maō/Demon Lord anime/manga like The Devil is a Part-Timer and There's a Demon Lord on the Floor

Meikyuu Black Company/The Dungeon of Black Company

116290.jpg

Leon's notes: This anime started out fun and funny, with that kind of MC, the rest might be as just as fun and funny.

Kageki Shoujo!!/Opera Girl!

114427.jpg

Leon's notes: This be interesting.

From now on I just post the last anime/s I have started and finished.

• Like 2

Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash

115685.jpg

I do love old school Gundam, but this is going to be another waiting game. I'm glad Sunrise seems to have finally decided to throw their anime=canon philosophy into the trash can and adapt the parts fans actually like. Maybe well get something cool like Katana, Crossbones or the SEED Astray's someday.

5 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

113270l.webp?_gl=1*rpbjsa*_ga*NDA5NDk1MS

Shaman King 2021

English Dub for this is finally available. 1 ep in and it's already better than the original. Some new voices/names I'll have to get used to (damn you 4Kids for conditioning me) but Manta's is the same it seems.

Regardless gonna love watching this again ?

One of my favorites of all time. Waiting for the Netflix release this Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

ughoBNz.jpg

Takarajima (Treasure Island), pretty sure it's one of the oldest anime series I've watched. I rarely rewatch series, but this is the 3rd time I am watching this one, once when I was a kid, it was already old back then, 2nd time was about 10 years ago, and a week or so ago I was in the mood for a good adventure story, so why not just watch one of the best ones again. Imo, even if it was released in '79 it still holds up today, it's got a great villain plus some likable characters, an intriguing story, it also manages to be incredibly atmospheric at times, and some really beautiful artwork.

This year I watched Cobra, started Gamba no bouken, and now rewatching this...I am really starting to appreciate Osamu Dezaki's work a lot, I will definitely check out more of his anime.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Anime:

Toji no Miko/Katana Maidens: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi OVA

108306.jpg

Episodes Total: 2

Enjoyment Level 10

Synopsis: Several months have passed since the End-of-the-Year Great Disaster caused by Tagitsuhime. A new spring has come, and the greatly damaged Tokyo area is recovering.

However, after the End-of-the-Year Great Disaster, with Aradama appearing more frequently than ever across the whole of the Kanto area, cases requiring the strength of the Special Task Team—of Toji, are never ending.

During this tense state of affairs, an extremely powerful Aradama signal is measured at Enoshima, the place linked to both Toji and Tagitsuhime.

Leon's notes: The last Katana Maidens anime so far.

Zettai Shougeki/Master of Martial Hearts: Platonic Heart

24959.jpg

Episodes Total: 5

Enjoyment Level 7

Synopsis: The story centers on the Platonic Heart, a jewel that—according to an old urban legend—can grant any wish when collected. Only a chosen few are allowed to compete in the Platonic Heart hunt, and high school junior Aya Iseshima is one of 11 girls and women who are taking part.

Leon's notes: It was somewhat fun still the best part was the MC in a Cat Maid outfit

Started Anime:

Shaman King (2021)

113270.jpg

Deatte 5-byou de Battle/Battle Game in 5 Seconds

115565.jpg

Bokutachi no Remake/Remake our Life!

112772.jpg

Sonny Boy

117149.jpg

Seirei Gensouki/Spirit Chronicles

116276.jpg

Vanitas no Karte/The Case Study of Vanitas

115541.jpg

Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore/Cheat Pharmacist's Slow Life: Making a Drugstore in Another World

115817.jpg

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-

116474.jpg

Shiroi Suna no Aquatope/The Aquatope on White Sand

114952.jpg

Campione!

75662.jpg

Moeyo Ken TV

3461.jpg

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica/Puella Magi Madoka Magica Gaiden S2 - Kakusei Zenya/The Eve of Awakening

116424.jpg

Now I have finally started/returned to some of my Never-Ending Backlog of anime but I limit myself to three already finished airing anime while watching the current season of anime.

Now I have slowly started the next season/related to/Anime Adaptation of a light novel I'm read at least one Volume of so far.

Also waiting for Netfilx's "Season 2" Episodes of Shaman King (2021)

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone

74975.jpg

I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion just over a year ago, but haven't watched the rebuild movies until 3.0+1.0 has come out outside of Japan. The final chapter of the beloved franchize has been taking over anime-related media and socials everywhere, and it got me hyped. So I thought it was finally time to catch up. All I knew about the rebuilds previously was that they are remakes with better animation and some story changes, but at the same time, not really. I heard they were more than just remakes. Well, it's time for me to find out. I'll do two reviews per post so I don't spam too much. 

Eva 1.11 is a pretty faithful full feature adaptation of the first 6 or so episodes of the show. I'd say they retold the events of those episodes as close as they could while still staying true to the film format. Some small story moments were left out, but all the important parts were shown. Same is with the visuals, all the iconic shots are still there, but with updated animation. Everything looked gorgeous. Many CGI shots were added to make Tokyo-3 and other things feel more alive, and none of them felt out of place for me.

The culmination of the first movie was entirely familiar, but it was filled with more details and directed in such a way that it managed to bring emotion out of me. All of Tokyo-3 was with Shinji in that moment, and I felt like I was one of the people who kept him in his thoughts. Even though I knew what was going to happen. But there were some new story moments of course. The ending kind of turns everytning upside down and makes you wonder what is going on, and where the story will go next.

Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance

74983.jpg

From the very beginning, you notice that this movie is defferent from 1.11. You get a new character, a new story moment that was not shown in the show, and an insane action scene. I'll start with the animation. It's amazing. 2.22 doesn't try to look exactly like the show. We see fewer static shots and get many more wild-looking brilliantly-animated dynamic scenes. The battles feel full of energy, angels and Evas feel super powerful. It was a welcome change for me. The quiet, peaceful moment looked beautiful, and the funny fan-servicey scenes looked very cool too. Visually, everytning was remarkable.

Story-wise, the movie diverges from the original more than 1.11 did. The storyline is still mostly the same, characters are the same, but the events were changed around significatly. For example, pretty much everything involving Asuka was different, including her introduction. Nevertheless, I was still satisfied with how they managed to translate 18(?) episodes into 110 minutes of movie screentime. Some secondary characters received less attention this time, but as a person familiar with the show, I didn't mind. Their scenes were still fun to watch. The new character, Mari, was very cool. Her scenes were wild. But at the same time, I didn't feel like I got to know her. In this movie, she was kinda filling up the blank spaces left out by the rearrangements of the story, or at least that's what it looked like to me. I guess, I will learn more about her in the 3rd film. The ending, once again, surprised me and made me excited for the next chapter. 

3.33 is the lowest-rated Eva film as of now, I'm interested to see why. If I had to give a score to the filmes I've watched so far, 1.11 and 2.22 would both be somewhere around 8/10 (NGE and EOE were 9/10).

• Like 3