The Love Boat

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

Not part of the event but I started playing Nier this week and it is remarkable. An amazing soundtrack. Beautiful graphics and pretty cool gameplay. I'm only about halfway through but can see there's so much story and lore below the surface. Would say if you like RPGs and haven't played it you should definitely check it out

So tempted to pick this one up on sale right now as it looks fantastic. Hesitant to get into this as all the backlog games I wanted to play for various events will probably get pushed aside if I do. :facepalm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

So tempted to pick this one up on sale right now as it looks fantastic. Hesitant to get into this as all the backlog games I wanted to play for various events will probably get pushed aside if I do. :facepalm:

My thoughts exactly. It was on sale for even cheaper locally here a couple weeks ago. I was so close to picking it up. I even called and had a copy placed on hold for me, but never actually went to the store to get it. 

21 hours ago, Lorajet said:

OOOOOOO...Unravel.  Another one on my list for the future.  Come on Toogie, what is the next competition!  ?

Congrats on your progress!

I plan to create the official event thread next weekend. Here's the info for you. It will have three games and a bonus. The event will be called Spring Fling and the categories are phrases with the word spring at the beginning. Spring Cleaning (pick one of the oldest things on your profile that you haven't finished) Spring Forward (Play a game with time travel or futuristic setting) and Spring Chicken (Pick a game with a young, innocent/naive protagonist). Bonus game is to pick a game with a good EASTER Egg. I thought about Spring Rolls as a category too, but couldn't decide how to make that a category. Maybe something with cooking... anyway, I plan to have my format be three games and a bonus going forward so I realized I didn't need another category and left that one off.

Edited by Toogie53

4 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I plan to create the official event thread next weekend. Here's the info for you. It will have three games and a bonus. The event will be called Spring Fling and the categories are phrases with the word spring at the beginning. Spring Cleaning (pick one of the oldest things on your profile that you haven't finished) Spring Forward (Play a game with time travel or futuristic setting) and Spring Chicken (Pick a game with a young, innocent/naive protagonist). Bonus game is to pick a game with a good EASTER Egg. I thought about Spring Rolls as a category too, but couldn't decide how to make that a category. Maybe something with cooking... anyway, I plan to have my format be three games and a bonus going forward so I realized I didn't need another category and left that one off.

Sounds great!  Gonna have to look through my games and see what will qualify!  

Cool that you give us the info for your next event already @Toogie53 :)

I hope i'll finish the current though ?

But i have good news: i've completed the second Episode of Broken Sword 5 so i'm halfway through ?

But i have little time on my ps4 left so i'm not sure if i can complete both Journey and AC Freedom Cry...

Again looking around different games to complete but Thomas was Alone is not among them, i don't own it (too bad isn't it Toogie)

Played a bit more of Journey, still need all coop related stuff, but Toogie said we might get it tonight :) 

Journey: 0% --> 28%

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS4): 0%

Broken Sword 5 (Vita): ??

Hatoful Boyfriend: ?

• Like 1

@Toogie53 I quite like the idea of the Spring Roll category. Any chance we could have a bonus, bonus game? xD

In other news, I finished Wolfenstein yesterday. It was a fun, easy, straightforward plat. I think the story could have been a little more fleshed out considering how great of an idea the series is but other than that not many complaints. Onto my final game! 

19 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Played a bit more of Journey, still need all coop related stuff, but Toogie said we might get it tonight :) 

Journey: 0% --> 28%

I'll be online later and this weekend if you want to try some Journey.  

6 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Toogie53 I quite like the idea of the Spring Roll category. Any chance we could have a bonus, bonus game? xD

Hmm... I don't like the bonus bonus idea. However, maybe I can do a pick three categories from five options. "Spring into Action" could be any big action game.  "Spring Rolls" could be Cooking or Asian inspired. What do you think about that? 

Spring Loaded for getting drunk. haha

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hmm... I don't like the bonus bonus idea. However, maybe I can do a pick three categories from five options. "Spring into Action" could be any big action game.  "Spring Rolls" could be Cooking or Asian inspired. What do you think about that? 

I think that sounds like a great idea!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

For Asian inspired you may want to set some guidelines there or some of us might pick a random JRPG from our backlogs.  Set in Asia or based off Asian history/mythology could be a good guideline, so a game like Persona 5 that's set in Japan could work, but a fantasy world JRPG like a Final Fantasy game wouldn't.  If you include this, maybe I'll try and be nuts and finish Muramasa Rebirth.

Spring flowers could be another possibility though.  People could pick games about flowers or that have flower related themes.  Offhand two possible fits there could be flower by the same devs as Journey or Eufloria.

13 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

For Asian inspired you may want to set some guidelines there or some of us might pick a random JRPG from our backlogs.  Set in Asia or based off Asian history/mythology could be a good guideline, so a game like Persona 5 that's set in Japan could work, but a fantasy world JRPG like a Final Fantasy game wouldn't.  If you include this, maybe I'll try and be nuts and finish Muramasa Rebirth.

Spring flowers could be another possibility though.  People could pick games about flowers or that have flower related themes.  Offhand two possible fits there could be flower by the same devs as Journey or Eufloria.

I agree with you. The idea behind "asian inspired" made me think of games like Persona 5, Yakuza, and Nioh. Not really like Final Fantasy or Secrets of Mana etc. How should I phrase it so it makes that distinction without just putting in a list of excluded games or something like that. I like to guide people in the right direction and not enforce rules about what games they pick. 

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I agree with you. The idea behind "asian inspired" made me think of games like Persona 5, Yakuza, and Nioh. Not really like Final Fantasy or Secrets of Mana etc. How should I phrase it so it makes that distinction without just putting in a list of excluded games or something like that. I like to guide people in the right direction and not enforce rules about what games they pick. 

What I said of set in Asia or inspired by Asian history or myth probably is enough and you might just want to specify that being made by a developer in Asia isn't "Asian inspired".  Yeah, those ones are good examples, some good history based ones could be stuff like the Hakuoki games, Muramasa Rebirth or stuff like Dynasty Warriors.  A good example of based off Asian myth but isn't in an Asian setting could be Touhou.  An Asian location though really should have plenty to choose from since there are a lot of games set in Japan.

• Like 1

Makes sense. I was just overthinking it. I suspect we'll get a few random JRPGs anyway though. I get surprised every event with some game choices. However, I think people revealing their lists is pretty fun, even if I shrug when I wonder how it fits the category. I'm satisfied to think, "It makes sense to them."

Friday morning update. Feels good to finally have Firewatch back at 100% after they added the dlc trophies and my original run through save corruption bs.

Down to Journey left. Going to leave it till Monday/Tuesday so I can get the Return trophy legit without having to adjust my console clock.

Should be able to mop it up in a day or so to make the deadline. ???

@donut_plz

1. Journey - 0%  --> 14%
  2. Firewatch - ?
  3. Never Alone - ?
  4. Unravel - :platinum:
  5. Burly Men at Sea - :platinum:
  • Like 2

Friday Update:

I was thinking I would not be able to finish off Mafia 3 until late Sunday night because I have a busy weekend coming up. However, Wednesday my wife felt super crappy and asked me to call in to work and stay home with her. Her pain level was too high and she thought she'd want me to take her to the doctor. I called in, but she ended up falling asleep and stayed asleep for the entire day. This meant I had several unscheduled hours that I normally wouldn't. I spent pretty much the whole day playing Mafia 3 and wrapped it up that night. Now I just have my bonus game. I'm not sure how fast I'll have that wrapped up, the sooner the better though. The event is almost over!!

1. Journey - 1f4af.png
  2. Ratchet & Clank - :platinum:
  3. Mafia III - :platinum:
  4. Uncharted 4 - :platinum:
  5. No Man's Sky - 7%
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Im not as smart and started with my bonus game. :lol:

Me too actually. Mafia 3 was my original bonus game because of the ties with the Irish and some mentions or the I.R.A. (Irish Mafia). After the first playthrough took me so long, I knew I needed to make some changes. I dropped Final Fantasy XV from friendship and put Mafia 3 into its place. No Man's Sky was my new bonus game after that because of the creator being Irish. 

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'm working on RiME.  Besides being a really sad game, I'm trying to get the one bubble trophy.  Having some problems with this one!

@Toogie53  Congrats on your Maifa III plat!

That one bubble trophy is kind of a pain in the ass. It is at one of the least fun parts of the game so I remember just wanting to get it over with. You'll get it done soon I'm sure. 

• Like 1