The Love Boat

Final update: I've finished both Journey and MLB The Show 17. 

I was another player that got annoyed by "Companion" - on my first try for this trophy, my companion faded out on the final stage; in other try I got disconnected from my companion on the ending part of the snowy level; in the following attempt I spent too much time waiting somebody in the temple level that when both us cleared the game, the time spent waiting someone was still bigger than the time spent to clear all tower, snow and summit levels - due to that, I had not gotten this trophy that moment... But finally I found someone at the tower level yesterday (due to previous experience, I was "restarting" the tower level every after 1~2 minutes - luckily I didn't need to wait somebody for a long time...), we've completed the game together and the trophy finally pops.

About MLB The Show 17, I had lots of fun in Conquest Mode (the "Ultimate Team" mode of MLB The Show) - basically it's a Risk-like game, where you expand your "fan base" over all US territory (if I would be better at baseball games, I could try to conquer the entire map, instead of just conquering all "open slots" and five enemy strongholds - the requirement for a trophy). However, some MP trophies are a lot boring - all MP trophies were self-boosted, but a specific MP trophy had required me 5~6 full 9-inning games... Another thing that I can mention is a risk to have this game "unplatinumable" - this game features time-sensitive events (like some NBA 2k or FIFA games, that make their Platinums unachievable due to some events that are not updated anymore when a new version is released), and I was unaware about a trophy that demands "completing an event"; luckily for me, the producers/developers have activated a "Forever Event", which can be completed while the servers remain online...

Now I can proudly say I've finished all my listed games for The Love Boat. Let's continue to enjoy this trip!!

On 04/03/2018 at 11:57 AM, PermaFox said:

@Toogie53  Loved this event!!  Now, that I'm done, hope you are planning on doing another event soon so I can sign up! ?

Can't wait to decorate my signature with a badge!

Me too!! ?

• Like 3

On 3/3/2018 at 0:34 PM, donut_plz said:

You guys all got me thinking I should bust out Journey now too. Not sure I’ll have time though as I already strayed from my list by playing through Unravel. :P

Screw it. I'm booting up Journey tonight since everyone else played through it for this event. I can swap it into my list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Screw it. I'm booting up Journey tonight since everyone else played through it for this event. I can swap it into my list.

Do it.  Kick back, don't sweat it if you have to amuse yourself waiting for another player.  Good luck!

On 3/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, PermaFox said:

@Toogie53  Loved this event!!  Now, that I'm done, hope you are planning on doing another event soon so I can sign up! ?

Can't wait to decorate my signature with a badge!

Favorite event so far on here. Badge isn't a motivation for me though. But its great to see others working on similar games and getting them busted out too.

35 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Favorite event so far on here. Badge isn't a motivation for me though. But its great to see others working on similar games and getting them busted out too.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I decided to do the badges because I figured some would be motivated to try my crazy Halloween event if they had something to show for it. Also, I saw people used other badges in signatures and post them in their trophy checklist things. But it sounds like you appreciate the actual reason I created these. I made the events hoping for these micro-communities that could enjoy shared game experiences. Even if its not the same game, I feel like we can appreciate what a grind feels like, or the rush that happens when you finish something difficult. When I first started trophy hunting, it was kind of odd to have no one that could actually appreciate it. Even my gamer friends don't seem to get the trophy hunt mentality or why I'd replay games on harder difficulties etc. So I really like having people to talk with. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Thanks. I need the motivation to redo most of the game to get the last trophies as I got caught by the save corrupt glitch on this one.

That sucks! But the trophies you need don't take too long to get. Iplayed through the game once, then went back after I declared myself a trophy hunter to get the 100%. I think it was roughly 90 minutes investment for the DLC trophies. 

Just now, Toogie53 said:

That sucks! But the trophies you need don't take too long to get. Iplayed through the game once, then went back after I declared myself a trophy hunter to get the 100%. I think it was roughly 90 minutes investment for the DLC trophies. 

Yeah I was counting on 2hrs or so. If only Id stayed up that extra 20 mins Id not have to replay this for the 3rd time. :dunno:

10 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Yeah I was counting on 2hrs or so. If only Id stayed up that extra 20 mins Id not have to replay this for the 3rd time. :dunno:

The first playthrough of Firewatch felt pretty special. I really enjoyed talking with Delilah. The way the conversation flowed felt great. I thought the paranoia story was a bit weak though. However, even a couple months later I didn't feel invested at all the next time. Journey kind of felt the same way. Really enjoyed that first playthrough. Doing collectibles and chapter specific trophies the next time helped it feel different enough to still be pretty interesting. However, by the time I got companion trophy done, I was so bored with it! I eventually made my daughter playthrough it so she could be my companion (we have two ps4s). Since that trophy was such a pain in the ass for me, I've left it installed to help people in this event. But so far, there was just that time where I attempted to help@ShakeNBake663 and things got weird.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

The first playthrough of Firewatch felt pretty special. I really enjoyed talking with Delilah. The way the conversation flowed felt great. I thought the paranoia story was a bit weak though. However, even a couple months later I didn't feel invested at all the next time. Journey kind of felt the same way. Really enjoyed that first playthrough. Doing collectibles and chapter specific trophies the next time helped it feel different enough to still be pretty interesting. However, by the time I got companion trophy done, I was so bored with it! I eventually made my daughter playthrough it so she could be my companion (we have two ps4s). Since that trophy was such a pain in the ass for me, I've left it installed to help people in this event. But so far, there was just that time where I attempted to help@ShakeNBake663 and things got weird.

Agree with you!  I have kept Journey loaded on both the PS3 and PS4 to help people out with some of the trophies.  Still enjoy the game, but is definitely more fun with a companion than just doing a run by yourself.  I can remember we used to face plant in the snow and draw hearts and infinity symbols at the end.  Nobody does that anymore.  I also send a PM thanking someone for the journey, but nobody does that anymore either! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

Agree with you!  I have kept Journey loaded on both the PS3 and PS4 to help people out with some of the trophies.  Still enjoy the game, but is definitely more fun with a companion than just doing a run by yourself.  I can remember we used to face plant in the snow and draw hearts and infinity symbols at the end.  Nobody does that anymore.  I also send a PM thanking someone for the journey, but nobody does that anymore either! 

No idea what Im getting into for Journey so will see if I need help to finish it. Good to know there are a few that still have it ready to go.

Face plants in the snow sounds hilarious. Those are the kinds of things that make or break your game experience. If you rush it for trophies you miss those great moments.

P.S. With all the snow we had here on the weekend I could do that IRL too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, donut_plz said:

No idea what Im getting into for Journey so will see if I need help to finish it. Good to know there are a few that still have it ready to go.

Face plants in the snow sounds hilarious. Those are the kinds of things that make or break your game experience. If you rush it for trophies you miss those great moments.

I ruined a controller with the faceplants (joystick) but it was worth it!  Fun to do - freaked out the people that had never seen it before!

Just now, PermaFox said:

I ruined a controller with the faceplants (joystick) but it was worth it!  Fun to do - freaked out the people that had never seen it before!

I had no idea this was a thing. How do you do it? Sounds pretty fun. 

4 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

I had plenty of time to stop and smell the roses. But after a while you just want it done. Also we got like 18 inches over the weekend. However, its so warm today, its mostly melted already. 

In Journey, when walking forward with the joystick, quickly pull the stick back and forth 2 times and your character will trip and fall face down in the snow!

@Toogie53 Have you ever entered the glitches on the broken bridge, sunken city and snow levels?  They are pretty neat, but sometimes you'll hit a black area and will need to restart the game.  In the broken bridge area glitch, the developers have all the graphics that you will see during the course of the game.  Next time I play, I'll try to get into the glitch and get you a screen shot.  You really need to be a white cloak to do the glitches.

Edited by PermaFox

3 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

In Journey, when walking forward with the joystick, quickly pull the stick back and forth 2 times and your character will trip and fall face down in the snow!

I guess I could have googled that. Thanks for telling me though. If I end up helping anyone with the trophy, I'll try it out. Eventually, I need to resub to PSnow and get the PS3 trophy since I started that version during a free one week trial a couple of years ago. . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Someone sent me a PM with a thank you, and a friend request after we both popped Companion on the PS4. It was one of the rare times I added a random not from PSNP. But I felt a connection with this user. We shared in a Journey together...and he/she was willing to be so patient with me when I'd get stuck...and he/she also took the hits when it came to the Guardian so I wouldn't tear my scarf. 

• Like 1

@donut_plz Takes a little practice, but once you've got it, you are golden!  Good Luck!

@Toogie53 Good luck on that!  

The developer, That Game Company, had a forum we used to all meet at (they have disabled it now), and plan our meets in Journey (level, time, etc).  Gom was an artist that did a group drawing each year of all of us, and made us custom GIFs per our interests. 

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

I also send a PM thanking someone for the journey, but nobody does that anymore either! 

I most definitely sent a PM to the person who stuck with me through the snow and summit levels and helped me get Companion at last.  I'd had so many bad experiences that I felt someone who gave me a good one deserved a thanks for being a good player.  There are just too many lone wolf types playing on there which made that trophy way more frustrating than it needed to be.

And on the earlier note about trophy hunting, I do agree there.  Most of my friends never go for platinums or 100%s and it just drives me nuts to see unearned trophies or achievements.  It's even worse among some of my Steam friends because Steam tends to have a lot more people who collect games for fun and never play them,  PSNP is probably the best trophy/achievement hunting community I've found, but I also think Steam is better for casually competing with like minded individuals via the friends feed.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

I most definitely sent a PM to the person who stuck with me through the snow and summit levels and helped me get Companion at last.  I'd had so many bad experiences that I felt someone who gave me a good one deserved a thanks for being a good player.  There are just too many lone wolf types playing on there which made that trophy way more frustrating than it needed to be.

Nice! ?

I got the plat for Lollipop Chainsaw this evening and finally completed my list! Somehow that game was harder than expected. Stupid mini-games and timed stuff like shooting down a helicopter in 5 seconds gave me more trouble than it should have. But overall it was still very fun and had a pretty unique style. The story was great too, not to mention the wacky Starling family. Big thanks to @Toogie53 for this event. I had so much fun and I'm already looking forward to the next one :D .

• Like 1

Good news from me, i finished Episode 1 of Broken Sword 5 :D will start Episode 2 right away....

It is a beautiful graphic adventure and i don't feel like left behind story wise as it's the 5th game in that series. Sometimes it was a bit hard to tap the correct button screen when they were close to each other, but it feels good to use this feature of the Vita :)

I made progress in Bleach too, got one trophy for killing 10.000 Arrancars and reached lv max with one more character. One Character is 1/3 towards lv max, 6 are still waiting :( Plus i don't know when i'll get the trophy for killing 33k Hollows :( (100 enemies killed most missions). This really is a long grind. By now i am sure i won't finish it anymore

I will look through my games list to see what i can swap around, i need a game without a plat (decided against your suggestion @Toogie53:P )

Journey 0%

Broken Sword 5 ?

Bleach 80%

Hatoful Boyfriend ?

The Little Acre 0%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2