The Love Boat

19 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I've updated lists and percentages etc. Let me know if you spot problems.

I switched Goosebumps with Demons Souls for the Be Irish category and got the plat for it. During the potato famine Irish people would eat grass to survive according to some stuff I found online. Your main source of healing is a variety of grasses in Demons Souls. 

• Like 1

Friday update: I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped, my sister was in town last weekend so I spent most of it doing vaguely sociable things. 

I did finish the base game of Never Alone (thumbs up for charm, art design and cultural insights - not for some of the gameplay though, I especially had a knack for glitching through platforms and falling to my death).  Does getting 100% of the base game count, or are we strictly green tick-marks only?  I don't mind buying the DLC for Never Alone, but I'll have to buy a whole PSN card just to add 6p to my wallet... :shakefist:

I've spent some time with Night in the Woods, as well; for anyone who doesn't know it, for one of the trophies you have to beat a retro dungeon-crawling minigame called Demontower.  Turns out, I'm absolutely terrible at it, so I'm thinking I might need a backup game unless I can git gud in the next week.

The next event sounds fun!  Great ideas for categories.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I switched Goosebumps with Demons Souls for the Be Irish category and got the plat for it. During the potato famine Irish people would eat grass to survive according to some stuff I found online. Your main source of healing is a variety of grasses in Demons Souls. 

I remember you talking about the grass thing, but I guess I didn't read close enough to understand you were swapping the game out. I got it updated now. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

Friday update: I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped, my sister was in town last weekend so I spent most of it doing vaguely sociable things. 

I did finish the base game of Never Alone (thumbs up for charm, art design and cultural insights - not for some of the gameplay though, I especially had a knack for glitching through platforms and falling to my death).  Does getting 100% of the base game count, or are we strictly green tick-marks only?  I don't mind buying the DLC for Never Alone, but I'll have to buy a whole PSN card just to add 6p to my wallet... :shakefist:

I've spent some time with Night in the Woods, as well; for anyone who doesn't know it, for one of the trophies you have to beat a retro dungeon-crawling minigame called Demontower.  Turns out, I'm absolutely terrible at it, so I'm thinking I might need a backup game unless I can git gud in the next week.

The next event sounds fun!  Great ideas for categories.

Unfortunately, I do only count the green tick marks. I don't have many rules but 100% or Platinum to count is one. You can get a plat without 100%, but if no plat, or you already earned the plat, it has to be 100%. I'd totally Shareplay this if guests could earn their own trophies. The DLC is only like 30-45 minutes long so it sucks to tell you that you must buy it. You can make changes to your list right up until the end though. It looks like you're working on Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time and only have a handful of trophies left there. Firewatch is great for this event fitting multiple areas. You can swap that in somewhere I'm sure. I think finishing What Remains of Edith Finch or Wheels of Aurelia can be short too. Just giving suggestions on games I recognize from your profile. Good luck. Let me know if I can help in some way. 

Hey @Toogie53, sorry I haven't updated you for a while but things have been pretty full on the past few days due to a hell of a load of problems all coming at me at once, and I've not made much progress in terms of Kingdom Hearts because of that.

If it's okay, I'll have to change Kingdom Hearts as I think I underestimated how long it would take me to do. I've finished my first playthrough now but I've got to get Sora up to level 100, fight some big bad bosses, and then I've got the grind the materials for the synthesizes which can apparently take FOREVER and then the rest of the side-stuff. So I'm going to have to change my game to Dear Esther: Landmark Edition on the Xbox as I've read that this is to do with the game exploring a couple's marriage so it fits in with the relationship element your going for. I'm going to be playing it on Monday and it shouldn't take me very long. Here are my new stats for you:

Skyrim - :platinum:

LEGO City Undercover - 1000G

Yooka-Laylee - 1000G

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition - Starting Monday!

8 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey @Toogie53, sorry I haven't updated you for a while but things have been pretty full on the past few days due to a hell of a load of problems all coming at me at once, and I've not made much progress in terms of Kingdom Hearts because of that.

If it's okay, I'll have to change Kingdom Hearts as I think I underestimated how long it would take me to do. I've finished my first playthrough now but I've got to get Sora up to level 100, fight some big bad bosses, and then I've got the grind the materials for the synthesizes which can apparently take FOREVER and then the rest of the side-stuff. So I'm going to have to change my game to Dear Esther: Landmark Edition on the Xbox as I've read that this is to do with the game exploring a couple's marriage so it fits in with the relationship element your going for. I'm going to be playing it on Monday and it shouldn't take me very long. Here are my new stats for you:

Skyrim - :platinum:

LEGO City Undercover - 1000G

Yooka-Laylee - 1000G

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition - Starting Monday!

No problem. I remember beating Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 and stumbling across the hidden boss in the Alladin area. He owned my face. It was like I didn't even have a chance. Maybe you can put it back on your list for the upcoming event. I think Sora is great for the "Spring Chicken" because he starts out so young and carefree. Also, kind of funny. Kingdom Hearts was the only game ever taken away from me because I got too frustrated with it and was yelling and crap. The part that got me wound up was the platforming vine-swingy section in the Tarzan world. 

Edited by Toogie53

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

No problem. I remember beating Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 and stumbling across the hidden boss in the Alladin area. He owned my face. It was like I didn't even have a chance. Maybe you can put it back on your list for the upcoming event. I think Sora is great for the "Spring Chicken" because he starts out so young and carefree. 

Thanks :). I could put it on my list for the next challenge, have you decided what the challenges are going to be? If you've said it already, then I apologise, I haven't read much of what's been going on.

10 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thanks :). I could put it on my list for the next challenge, have you decided what the challenges are going to be? If you've said it already, then I apologise, I haven't read much of what's been going on.

Yeah, I've said it. But I totally understand that you can't keep up with everything. The official sign-up post goes out next weekend. The games are based around phrases that start with spring. The bonus game is something with a good easter egg. We are going to just say pick 3 of the following or suggest your own

• Spring Forward (Time Travel or Futuristic Setting)
  • Spring Rolls (Cooking or Set in Asia or Based on Asian Mythology)
  • Spring Cleaning (Something Old in your back log)
  • Spring Chicken (Young, innocent, naive protagonist)
  • Spring Loaded (Play something where you can get drunk or think the devs were drunk when they made decisions)
  • Spring Flowers/Blooms (Games where you are helping out nature like making flowers bloom)
  • Spring Action (Action game duh!)
7 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

@Toogie53  I was going to ask to use Seasons after Fall for the Bonus game, but it might be more appropriate for the Spring challenge?

It's your call. What's the Irish connection that would make it fit the bonus for this event? I don't know the game well. Just that you are a fox that runs around very pretty naturey areas.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

@Toogie53  I agree with you.  Figured that it had alot of green scenes and find a four leaf clover!  But I think I'll save it for the Spring Event!  Thanks!

Oh yeah, lots of green in there. I was just curious. The bonus game category is meant to be very loose. You can pretty much pick anything. 

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Unfortunately, I do only count the green tick marks. I don't have many rules but 100% or Platinum to count is one.

Yeah it's fine, I'll pick the DLC up - that's what I expected the rule to be, honestly, it just made me laugh to see my wallet value so close and yet so far.

Thanks for the suggestions - I have Oxenfree in my 'bought on sale, never started' backlog of shame, so I'm giving that a shot for Friendship.

Edited by Fitzquaid

52 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Yeah, I've said it. But I totally understand that you can't keep up with everything. The official sign-up post goes out next weekend. The games are based around phrases that start with spring. The bonus game is something with a good easter egg. We are going to just say pick 3 of the following or suggest your own

• Spring Loaded (Play something where you can get drunk or think the devs were drunk when they made decisions)
  • Spring Flowers/Blooms (Games where you are helping out nature like making flowers bloom)

They all seem like great ideas :)! I'll look forward to seeing what games I have to fit those. I better get on that now though so I can see what's going to be achievable and what's not.

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

They all seem like great ideas :)! I'll look forward to seeing what games I have to fit those. I better get on that now though so I can see what's going to be achievable and what's not.

Just want to make sure you saw that you just need to do three of those and not all of them. 

21 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

Yeah it's fine, I'll pick the DLC up - that's what I expected the rule to be, honestly, it just made me laugh to see my wallet value so close and yet so far.

Thanks for the suggestions - I have Oxenfree in my 'bought on sale, never started' backlog of shame, so I'm giving that a shot for Friendship.

Oxenfree is a great choice for the friendship category. I had the Matchmaker trophy glitch on me and it took me five whole playthroughs to get the trophy. So I'd suggest as you're getting near the end when going for that trophy that you make a copy of the save on a USB drive or cloud save. So that you can try it again without repeating the whole game. Other than that though, I really liked Oxenfree. it's a great indie game. 

Well, I am very much doubting I'm going to finish my bonus game in time, but hey at least I've made a tiny bit of progress in it with two new trophies.  Will it be all right to use unfinished stuff from this event for the next one?  Time and Eternity would be a great fit for the Spring Forward category since it involves time travel too and if I'm not going to finish it here, then may as well do it for the next event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, I am very much doubting I'm going to finish my bonus game in time, but hey at least I've made a tiny bit of progress in it with two new trophies.  Will it be all right to use unfinished stuff from this event for the next one?  Time and Eternity would be a great fit for the Spring Forward category since it involves time travel too and if I'm not going to finish it here, then may as well do it for the next event.

For sure. You can add it to the spring event if that's what you want. Are you going to replace it or be satisfied with finishing this event with no bonus game?

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

For sure. You can add it to the spring event if that's what you want. Are you going to replace it or be satisfied with finishing this event with no bonus game?

Can't think of anything else, so I'll probably just go with satisfied I got the 4 games for the main challenge and make any progress I can in the bonus.  I think 3 plats and a 100% is pretty good for a month for me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Can't think of anything else, so I'll probably just go with satisfied I got the 4 games for the main challenge and make any progress I can in the bonus.  I think 3 plats and a 100% is pretty good for a month for me.

I agree. Be proud of what you did. Also, make sure you leave a trophy in Time and Eternity for April. You need to finish it during that event to count it. 

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Well, it looks like there are a lot of options here. I need time to think about this... :o

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Looks great Toogie! I might try and finish a game for every category because I should have more time to game next month :D. Really looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

I finished Journey just moments ago ?

sadly i couldn't connect to @Lorajet but i found a different player with whom i completed lv 7 and 8 to get Wonder, Reflection, Crossing and Companion :D ... after that i had to pick up a few more collectibles... could have done that a bit faster, bu i fell asleep a few times in level 7 when i was looking for my last glyph ? ...

Strangely i didn't get a trophy for playing  again after a week even though i manuially changed my date on the ps4 by 2 weeks ahead.... only when i changed +1 month the trophy unlocked ?

Feels good to have done 3 of 4 games by now and i have some hours free tomorrow to start with AC Freedom Cry so i say i will complete the event - even if it's already close to the end ? and is completely different from what i had pllaned ?

Journey ?

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4) 0%

Broken Sword 5 ??

Hatoful Boyfriend ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

I finally get the :platinum: for  Tales From The Borderlands so i will change my list as follows:

1- Gof Of War: Ascension

2- Tales From The Borderlands

3- Life Is Strange 

4- Final Fantasy XIII 

5- Borderlands 2

So please @Toogie53 update my list when you have the chance, I made it like that to make sure I complete the require games since Borderlands 2 + DLCs ended up being quite long (nothing too complain since the game is really good) and I'm not sure if I can :platinum: before the end of this event ?