The Love Boat

8 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Don't worry, you'll find what love is someday... just not with those titles. :D I didn't really like Life is Strange so I won't be playing it again.

Anyways, great job on completing the challenge. Are you going to participate in the next Toogie challenge?

Well maybe I will have to pull out my copy of We Dare and figure it out :P

jL6Mc.png

Anyways I might skip the next one as I have been involved in contests since like September (Plat Rain, New Years Event, Persona 5 event and Love Boat) so I do want to play through some games to complete my ultimate challenge...platting the Ultra Rare Alphabet :o 

I will be checking out future contests though :D

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Small update as the boats about to dock...

Spent 4 hours last night on Journey and 3 of them was faceplanting while waiting around for someone to do companion and crossing with.

Did get matched with a good player early on at the beginning of the snow levels and completed the game with him/her with no issues. Crossing popped but Companion didn't. *sigh*

Two and a half hours later I packed it in as not a single soul dropped in my game at the snow gate. May just try hook up with someone in the desert tonight and roll through the whole game with them as I want to be sure its going to pop this time. On the plus side its the only trophy left now....

@donut_plz

1. Journey - 0%  --> 14% --> 90%
  2. Firewatch - ?
  3. Never Alone - ?
  4. Unravel - :platinum:
  5. Burly Men at Sea - :platinum:
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

Small update as the boats about to dock...

Spent 4 hours last night on Journey and 3 of them was faceplanting while waiting around for someone to do companion and crossing with.

Did get matched with a good player early on at the beginning of the snow levels and completed the game with him/her with no issues. Crossing popped but Companion didn't. *sigh*

Two and a half hours later I packed it in as not a single soul dropped in my game at the snow gate. May just try hook up with someone in the desert tonight and roll through the whole game with them as I want to be sure its going to pop this time. On the plus side its the only trophy left now....

Congrats on your progress!

2 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Heard about the same issue in the Spring Backlog thread from another guy who whined about it. I have no idea why Companion didn't pop, must be a glitch, because that should have worked. I think I'll avoid Journey now. :(

Anyways, I've got a skeletal idea for the games I want to use for the next event but I am going to wait until the official thread comes up. I put in a nice tough game in the list because I think I dashed through this event a little too fast so I wanted to have something to drag the next list down a bit. Of course, since I have a few other games for other events, I might be shooting myself in the foot. :D

@Toogie53, is an idiot hero considered young and naive? Because after checking TV Tropes for young and naive, I haven't found any good video game examples. Seriously, we need to have some people set up a list of games for each theme. :|

Edited by CJ_Mystery

17 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Anyways, I've got a skeletal idea for the games I want to use for the next event but I am going to wait until the official thread comes up. I put in a nice tough game in the list because I think I dashed through this event a little too fast so I wanted to have something to drag the next list down a bit. Of course, since I have a few other games for other events, I might be shooting myself in the foot. :D

Just curious CJ but how many hours a day do you game?

Just now, donut_plz said:

Just curious CJ but how many hours a day do you game?

Usually a few hours, unless I get dog-tired and take a nap that lasts two or three hours. I don't really have any job and am living off of the government. xD I do leave the house to go to church on Sunday and do my grocery shopping on Monday, most of the week I am home playing games or watching Youtube videos. The games I picked for this event are pretty easy to plat, though.

46 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

@Toogie53, is an idiot hero considered young and naive? Because after checking TV Tropes for young and naive, I haven't found any good video game examples. Seriously, we need to have some people set up a list of games for each theme. :|

I think an idiot hero probably works. It's kind of strange because I've learned the definition of the phrase "Spring Chicken" more by people saying what it isn't. If you're talking about someone being old, you might say "They are no spring chicken." The few times I've heard it said to describe someone directly, it has been to call them inexperienced, foolish, immature etc. I think it's strongest connection is referring to youth. If it makes sense to you to have an idiot hero as a spring chicken then go for it. Also, I usually give a few examples for games in each category. I guess I'll work on that post now. Waiting until tomorrow was kind of arbitrary. I just wanted it to be towards the end of this event. 

Edited by Toogie53

I still haven't looked through my games and seen what could fit into at least two of the categories. :P Think the one that's gonna be hard to determine (at least for me) is the Easter egg. I don't have a clue what games I have that have Easter eggs in them. >.< 

22 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I still haven't looked through my games and seen what could fit into at least two of the categories. :P Think the one that's gonna be hard to determine (at least for me) is the Easter egg. I don't have a clue what games I have that have Easter eggs in them. >.< 

If by literal Easter eggs, I can't think of one. But if by Easter egg, we mean something left by the developers that is embedded in a game, most games have them.

50 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Any of the Borderlands games for example, there are a lot of easter eggs in those, also there are many in Fallout 3/4  and Skyrim there are even some in the Arkham series of Batman. Still I'm sure when the time comes we all will be asking for suggestions lol ??

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

If by literal Easter eggs, I can't think of one. But if by Easter egg, we mean something left by the developers that is embedded in a game, most games have them.

I'm meaning little things embedded by the devs. They might be tributes, pop culture references, secret areas, etc. Like Jak and Daxter dolls in the The Last of Us. Hidden classic levels in the modern DOOM. A sword in a bonfire in Overwatch etc. or see below...

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

It's officially up.

@Dr_Mayus Guardians of the Galaxy had that stuck in my head a few times as I played it when each episode released. Mafia 3 also got many songs stuck in my head. That game wasn't short so it lasted days and days.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Once people lock in their own choices you will have more and more examples to choose from as well. And freedom to change is always there if a better one for you comes up.

Okay, thanks. I have an idea for "Spring Action" but I don't know if it really counts since there is more platforming that action in the game I am looking at. I already have an idea for "Spring Rolls" and "Spring Cleaning." I might just put a pass on the bonus game unless I find a good game. I have a very limited desire for games only preferring a few genres, and most of the games I saw Easter Eggs in were in genres I didn't like. Yes, you told me about Second Son but I am already working on that for the Spring Backlog challenge.

51 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

It's officially up.

Okay, thanks, I'll be leaving now and checking the new thread out. Cheers! ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Any of the Borderlands games for example, there are a lot of easter eggs in those, also there are many in Fallout 3/4  and Skyrim there are even some in the Arkham series of Batman. Still I'm sure when the time comes we all will be asking for suggestions lol 1f602.png1f602.png

I've finished every Borderlands game, Skyrim (besides on PS3), Fallout 3/4 (besides DLC on 3) and I can't get myself to finish Batman Arkham Asylum or City because the challenges drove me bananas. 

2 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Not literal Easter eggs lol. Though I'd pick Spyro if it existed right now. :P I remember a few games that I've already finished that have some but atm, I have no idea what in my backlog has any. :( 

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay, thanks. I have an idea for "Spring Action" but I don't know if it really counts since there is more platforming that action in the game I am looking at. I already have an idea for "Spring Rolls" and "Spring Cleaning." I might just put a pass on the bonus game unless I find a good game. I have a very limited desire for games only preferring a few genres, and most of the games I saw Easter Eggs in were in genres I didn't like. Yes, you told me about Second Son but I am already working on that for the Spring Backlog challenge.

Why don't you just use it for two events? Most people overlap the games they're playing for the people who are in multiple events. It's not like you're copying the entire list. 

• Like 3