The Love Boat

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And I wrote that as I was going to bed.  But I've also heard that Companion can glitch if your partner has it already.

This might be awkward since we are going up vs each other in another competition, but I need a companion too, so I could help. I should be on most of tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday s my wedding anniversary so I am sure the wife wouldn't like it if I was playing video games.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

This might be awkward since we are going up vs each other in another competition, but I need a companion too, so I could help. I should be on most of tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday s my wedding anniversary so I am sure the wife wouldn't like it if I was playing video games.

I can be on tomorrow and Friday evening and really about anytime on Saturday.  But yeah, I saw in one guide that it seems that the trophy is an all or nothing, if both aren't going to get it, no one does.  Seems like it's a big pain in the butt trophy because there is no way to know who still needs it and it's not easy to keep up with someone in the last area.

And hey, no biggie to me if we help each other get one completion out of the way next month.  Looks like you still got most of the game left and I only have that one, though if we get Companion together you'd get three from that since you'd also get Rebirth and Crossing from it.  Crossing is easy since most people you find in the mountain area will stick with you to the end there, it's the summit area that is tricky to keep up with someone in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dessane said:

Been there brother, I'm sorry to hear that mate. It's wise not putting yourself in the spot to say something you regret but the feedback can be useful too.

I kind of got cornered at the end of the day and ended up having the discussion. It was just incidental, I walked into an area where she and I were the only two people there and I had to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Although I didn't avoid it completely, it was still better that it happened hours and not minutes after I found out who was hired. I was able to keep the tone friendly throughout. I called her on her bullshit and she couldn't explain it. She said the decision wasn't entirely hers; but also said she wasn't going to cop out like that and say she didn't agree to having it go down the way it did. She admitted there were office politics involved and she felt like she couldn't fight back against it without it seeming like nepotism on her end. She said I should not look at it terms of me not being enough, or him being superior in some way, and instead think of it like that it doesn't logically make sense for me to have that position with all my many qualifications and skills. Kind of like holding me back is doing me some kind of favor. She kind of hinted that something else may be closer than it seems and attempted to be encouraging and stated that her upper management is still very interested in me and are trying to find a way to bring me over. I said they had a way and if they are still "interested" they should put their money where their mouth is and bring me a fucking offer letter because they burned a bridge with me and I highly doubt I'd be willing to apply again. She kind of left it with a "I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully later we can sit down again and both be satisfied with what develops over the next couple of months." I said I wouldn't be holding my breath. Surprisingly though, we left things amicably. I think she understands that I was taken for a ride of sorts and am justifiably angry. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I said they had a way and if they are still "interested" they should put their money where their mouth is and bring me a

Had to cut it off there because I didn't want to quote the language(I apologize if I sound like a school marm but I just use too much vocal profanity while playing games that troll me to enjoy reading it ? though I do realize that if the Almighty didn't want to hear profanity, he should have never let the Devil get those words created in the first place ?), but I am glad you got things sorted out. Whatever happens in the future was their mistake - they should have negotiated directly with you instead of going behind your back, but that's how politics works, alack. :( If politics was kind, we wouldn't have a stupid multi-millionaire who thinks government is another type of business and made a stinking reality show which was a sleeper hit for some reason. The world is blind. ?

But anyways, I can't help but butt in on stuff like this. Since I completed the event a couple of weeks ago(maybe should have picked harder games? xD) I get nosy like that. I hope everyone else good luck on the efvent, since it's getting close to crunch time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I kind of got cornered at the end of the day and ended up having the discussion. Although I didn't avoid it completely, it was still better that it happened hours and not minutes after I found out who was hired. I was able to keep the tone friendly throughout. I called her on her bullshit and she couldn't explain it. She clearly stated, he's not better, he's not more qualified, there was no secret history where he has done this job for another company or anything like that. She said I should not look at it terms of me not being enough, or him being superior in some way, and instead think like that it doesn't logically make sense for me to have that position with all my many qualifications and skills. Kind of like holding me back is doing me some kind of favor. Hinting that something even better may be closer than it seems. She said the decision wasn't entirely hers; but also said she wasn't going to cop out like that and say she didn't agree to having it go down the way it did. She admitted there were office politics involved and she felt like she couldn't fight back against it without it seeming like nepotism on her end. She attempted to be encouraging and stated that her upper management is still very interested in me and are trying to find a way to bring me over. I said they had a way and if they are still "interested" they should put their money where their mouth is and bring me a fucking offer letter because they burned a bridge with me and I highly doubt I'd be willing to apply again. and that I am extremely disappointed with everyone involved. She kind of left it with a "I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully in a few months we can sit down again and both be satisfied with what develops over the next couple of months." I said I'm not holding my breath. 

Like you said mate, got to put their money where their mouth is. My situation is different since I'm only a few years into my field and have no family so I can move but it sounds like you have valuable experience and skills, are there competitors or anything in your area? If they don't show loyalty they aren't owed any.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Like you said mate, got to put their money where their mouth is. My situation is different since I'm only a few years into my field and have no family so I can move but it sounds like you have valuable experience and skills, are there competitors or anything in your area? If they don't show loyalty they aren't owed any.

You quoted me seconds before I committed some edits. Oh well. lol. There are some competitors. Ironically, it was kind of brought up that her manager thought I was likely to jump ship later on as a justification for preemptively protecting themselves. This is kind of why I found it hard to believe that anything is on the horizon. Also, I told my friend she knows me better than that and that this question was asked in the interview and that what I want is job satisfaction and a fair salary and if I got it from our company, I'd have no reason to leave. I do have both in my current position, so apparently upward mobility is a factor too. ?

The reason her manager suspected this is that my degree is in healthcare administration and not business administration. I don't work in the healthcare industry. However, the difference is literally six courses. Take a few courses like Human Relations in Business and replace them with things like Healthcare Research and Evaluation Methodologies or Public Policy and Ethical Considerations. I'm not saying the business courses are not useful, or the healthcare ones were better. I  went with where my interest was and felt like I took valuable classes that apply to more than just the healthcare industry; even if that was the focus. Hell, once I'm on top of my student loan debt, I'm considering returning to take the courses on the other side of the line and earning the other degree too. 

Edited by Toogie53

33 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

You quoted me seconds before I committed some edits. Oh well. lol.

Tht's my secret Toogie, I'm always here...

Yeah i get you, it sounds like a similar situation to one of my degrees so i get ya. Sucks to be in that position though dude

• Like 1

Just now, Dessane said:

Tht's my secret Toogie, I'm always here...

Yeah i get you, it sounds like a similar situation to one of my degrees so i get ya. Sucks to be in that position though dude

Yup! Anyway. I'm going to try not to grump about my career for a while and get back to talking about video games. We need like a swear jar or something. So I can put a dollar in when I screw up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I can be on tomorrow and Friday evening and really about anytime on Saturday.  But yeah, I saw in one guide that it seems that the trophy is an all or nothing, if both aren't going to get it, no one does.  Seems like it's a big pain in the butt trophy because there is no way to know who still needs it and it's not easy to keep up with someone in the last area.

And hey, no biggie to me if we help each other get one completion out of the way next month.  Looks like you still got most of the game left and I only have that one, though if we get Companion together you'd get three from that since you'd also get Rebirth and Crossing from it.  Crossing is easy since most people you find in the mountain area will stick with you to the end there, it's the summit area that is tricky to keep up with someone in.

Awesome. I'll look for you, and hopefully we'll be able to join up and get this trophy.

I found out there is indeed Irish material in Borderlands 2 so I was thinking about playing the game + DLCs for both my Relationship  game and the bonus feature but danm I have been super busy at work and I don't feel like playing when I get home I hope I can make good progress this weekend, also my profiles is not properly updated, I currently really close of the end of the game but the DLCs will require more hours, don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying the game I just wish I have mor etime to play it xD

Update

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, wrapping up my list for the Love Boat. My last trophy for this game was "kill 1000 demons", and this game does not have a stat tracker. So not having any idea of how many I needed to kill I spent about 3 hours grinding this one out. Towards the end I found myself dozing off while trying to keep going, and missed the last trophy and Platinum pop. :|

4 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I found out there is indeed Irish material in Borderlands 2 so I was thinking about playing the game + DLCs for both my Relationship  game and the bonus feature but danm I have been super busy at work and I don't feel like playing when I get home I hope I can make good progress this weekend, also my profiles is not properly updated, I currently really close of the end of the game but the DLCs will require more hours, don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying the game I just wish I have mor etime to play it xD

I'll be updating everyone's percentages in the morning. You must have made some good progress this week. Congrats!

I finally finished my bonus game to complete my list. The story wasn't too bad but I found myself taking multiple breaks because I got super bored and some what annoyed with the game play.. >.< Back to 'trying' to dwindle my backlog down now though. ? The event helped me finish 5 of them and I even did some Monster Hunter World grinding and finished RiME too. :P  So thanks @Toogie53 for hosting this!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Update

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, wrapping up my list for the Love Boat. My last trophy for this game was "kill 1000 demons", and this game does not have a stat tracker. So not having any idea of how many I needed to kill I spent about 3 hours grinding this one out. Towards the end I found myself dozing off while trying to keep going, and missed the last trophy and Platinum pop. :|

Hooray for finishing Dragon Age! I know it's a big time investment. LOL at missing the trophy popping. 

13 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I finally finished my bonus game to complete my list. The story wasn't too bad but I found myself taking multiple breaks because I got super bored and some what annoyed with the game play.. >.< Back to 'trying' to dwindle my backlog down now though. ? The event helped me finish 5 of them and I even did some Monster Hunter World grinding and finished RiME too. :P  So thanks @Toogie53 for hosting this!

Wow! That's really good. It's always nice to get some things off the backlog. Too bad you finished Rime which could have been a good one for next event. I'm going to start working on Mafia 3 again and wrap up that platinum. Hopefully there will be plenty of time for finishing No Man's Sky before the end too. 

I'll go ahead and spill the gist of the games now so you guys can plan around it. They are something with time travel or futuristic setting, something with a young innocent protagonist, something old from your profile that you need to finish. Bonus is something with a good Easter egg. Please don't post lists yet. I'd like for you to wait until I create the separate forum post for that particular event. I'm just saying this now so you can watch sales, or plan what to play in between events, etc.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

@Toogie53 I needed to play other things in between BUT I have lots to choose from for future events (if I decide to participate). So, I'm not too worried. I could try and find some games in the mean time that fit that description. Have one in mind already but we'll see.

I'm sure you'll get them done soon. :) Haven't played either of those so I can't really say much lol

Edit: I thought of a second game that I haven't touched yet for 'innocent protagonist' but it's a super dark story from what I read. I'll just wait for details in your next event post. xD 

Edited by xMissFantasy
  • Like 1

Friday Update: I finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and started Lollipop Chainsaw, which is the last game I need to plat. I'm liking it so far, although I'll keep playing it wrong. Have to get better with the combos after my first playthrough instead of just mashing buttons most of the time xD .

1. Metro Last Light Redux - :platinum:

2. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - :platinum:

3. LEGO Marvel's Avengers - :platinum:

4. Lollipop Chainsaw - 28%

5. Mafia III - :platinum:

9 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'll go ahead and spill the gist of the games now so you guys can plan around it. They are something with time travel or futuristic setting, something with a young innocent protagonist, something old from your profile that you need to finish. Bonus is something with a good Easter egg. Please don't post lists yet. I'd like for you to wait until I create the separate forum post for that particular event. I'm just saying this now so you can watch sales, or plan what to play in between events, etc.

Some very interesting themes. It'll be fun to find suitable games. Picking something old could be a problem, but we'll see. If the Resident Evil 7 DLCs would be a bit cheaper, or if Telltale would finally release the last episode for Batman: The Enemy Within, then I could pick one of those games for the category.

• Like 2

Well, I did talk to Toogie about his next seasonal challenge and he mentioned the bonus theme to me, so I wasn't surprised by that. I am a bit surprised at the other parts of the theme but they should be doable, I think. I'll have to check my backlog when the thread goes up after this event is over. :D

4 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Friday Update: I finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and started Lollipop Chainsaw, which is the last game I need to plat. I'm liking it so far, although I'll keep playing it wrong. Have to get better with the combos after my first playthrough instead of just mashing buttons most of the time xD .

1. Metro Last Light Redux - :platinum:

2. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - :platinum:

3. LEGO Marvel's Avengers - :platinum:

4. Lollipop Chainsaw - 28%

5. Mafia III - :platinum:

Some very interesting themes. It'll be fun to find suitable games. Picking something old could be a problem, but we'll see. If the Resident Evil 7 DLCs would be a bit cheaper, or if Telltale would finally release the last episode for Batman: The Enemy Within, then I could pick one of those games for the category.

I think we are supposed to see Episode 5 sometime this month, so I think the Batman one will work out for you.

14 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, I did talk to Toogie about his next seasonal challenge and he mentioned the bonus theme to me, so I wasn't surprised by that. I am a bit surprised at the other parts of the theme but they should be doable, I think. I'll have to check my backlog when the thread goes up after this event is over. :D

There isn't much of a theme, but they are based around the topic. I used phrases that start with the word Spring: Spring Forward, Spring Chicken, and Spring Cleaning. There were a few other phrases that I thought about, but these ones seemed to translate most readily into video game categories. I like that they are bit random and I feel they offer a wide variety of choice. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

Not much to update for me as I been sidetracked with Unravel lately. (Not sure it would fit any of the themes for a swap even :dunno:)

Should hopefully finish that up tonite and get back on track with the games Im needing to finish.

Edited by donut_plz

FRIDAY UPDATE:

I platted Ratchet and Clank last weekend. After that I got way distracted by job stuff. I played through Transistor which suited my broody mood. I dind't feel like Mafia 3 or No Man's Sky the next night, so I also played Yorbie, which is just something that I wanted to wipe off my backlog. I've basically cleaned up all the easyish trophies and beat the game. The sloppy controls and other various glitches left me feeling like it wouldn't be worth attempting the no death trophies. It's not good enough for me to do the grindy trophy. The rest don't seem like they are worth the time investment. I brought it up from Rank E to Rank A, so I'l just have to leave it at that. This weekend, I think I'll be pretty busy, but it's possible something might fall through. If so, I'll get back into second playthrough of Mafia 3. 

• Like 1

So last night and this morning I have done well, finished off Psychopass last night after giving up on the actual story and just skipping through. I have decided I don't like VNs on the otherhand I finally sat down to finish Mass Effect Andromeda, I was going to run through on the story because I assumed the multiplayer would be dead but I went into the MP just in case it was completely empty and ended up staying with the same 3 guys through 5 gold extractions to get the last trophy I needed for the plat. So that means I have officially finished my main list. Going to knock out a game for monthly madness and will then jump into borderlands 2 for my bonus, maybe...

1. Fallout 4 - :platinum:
  2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness - :platinum:
  3. Mass Effect: Andromeda - :platinum:
  4. Assassin's Creed Origins - :platinum:
  5. Borderlands 2 - 19%

I really didn't think I'd get these 4 done but I'm proud of myself

• Like 3