The Love Boat

Eh.. I might as well update this now. I think I put No Man's Sky off for too long since I didn't like it very much. It might be possible that I could finish this on time. However, I'm going to play it safe and make a last minute change up to my own list. @Dr_Mayus just happened to be perusing my trophy list when I sent him the badge for this event and pointed out that I may want to consider a game where the main character has a last name starting with Mc and an ancestor named Seamus. It 's confirmed in canon that Seamus is Irish born and lived in a lovely place called Ballybowhill. It's so very Irish and it never crossed my mind. It's also a game that came so very close to making my Spring Fling line up and I was a little sad to cut it today. So the timing of the suggestion was perfect and got me excited. Without any further delay... my game is... based on a movie... and... McFly... Delorean.. Great scott!!! It's... Back to the Future: The Game!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Eh.. I might as well update this now. I think I put No Man's Sky off for too long since I didn't like it very much. It might be possible that I could finish this on time. However, I'm going to play it safe and make a last minute change up to my own list. @Dr_Mayus just happened to be perusing my trophy list when I sent him the badge for this event and pointed out that I may want to consider a game where the main character has a last name starting with Mc and an ancestor named Seamus. It 's confirmed in canon that Seamus is Irish born and lived in a lovely place called Ballybowhill. It's so very Irish and it never crossed my mind. It's also a game that came so very close to making my Spring Fling line up and I was a little sad to cut it today. So the timing of the suggestion was perfect and got me excited. Without any further delay... my game is... based on a movie... and... McFly... Delorean.. Great scott!!! It's... Back to the Future: The Game!

Yeah, I watched all of the movies in that series and Michael James Fox was quite the looker. In fact I have a nephew named after him. xD Good luck.

Guess who bloody well finished his list (under the wire I might add).

Journey was a lot of fun but the game took way longer than I thought I should. Likely because the Companion trophy didnt pop until the 4th attempt at running through the game with a random.

Not sure why it didn't pop the other times but Im just happy it finally did.

@donut_plz

1. Journey - 0%  --> 14% --> 90% --> ?
  2. Firewatch - ?
  3. Never Alone - ?
  4. Unravel - :platinum:
  5. Burly Men at Sea - :platinum:
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I saw that you are 98% on your last game. I figured you were actively working on it. But then  noticed it had been at least 6 hours since you popped the second to last trophy. 

Yea, unfortunately, I'm at work.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Man, I did awful this time :( I've had a weird mental block on gaming lately, even when I have had free time I always chose to play something else. It was a fun event, though! Thanks again for another fun event (and for the help of course~).

You're welcome to the help. I don't think you're awful or anything ?. I personally find it more satisfying hearing that people had some fun and got a sense of community and shared experience versus them finishing all the games. If you're up for it, I'd be glad to see you in the Spring Fling!  

• Like 1

So I can actually complete this, can I just swap Blue Reflection in as my bonus game?  Started it last weekend and platted it early this week.  I'm calling it Irish because of its lack of potatoes, the existence of a luck stat and Lime's outfit is mostly green.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

So I can actually complete this, can I just swap Blue Reflection in as my bonus game?  Started it last weekend and platted it early this week.  I'm calling it Irish because of its lack of potatoes, the existence of a luck stat and Lime's outfit is mostly green.

Works for me. 

5 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Luck stat - 2611.png

Sounds Irish to me. 1f61d.png1f44d.png

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Leaving things to the last minute is my specialty.

• Never Alone - 100%
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2 - 100%
  • Oxenfree - :platinum:
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm - :platinum:

No bonus game, but I'm happy I managed to complete the event at all! 

I ended up enjoying the Foxtales DLC for Never Alone more than the base game, so thanks to Toogie for getting me to pick that up.  Meanwhile Oxenfree was very good and definitely my cup of tea - I probably wouldn't have played it four times in a week under normal circumstances, though!

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitzquaid said:

• Never Alone - 100%

I ended up enjoying the Foxtales DLC for Never Alone more than the base game, so thanks to Toogie for getting me to pick that up.  Meanwhile Oxenfree was very good and definitely my cup of tea - I probably wouldn't have played it four times in a week under normal circumstances, though!

The insights on Never Alone/Foxtales were really great, weren't they?  Nice game.

@Fitzquaid How is Oxenfree? I just picked it up and was gonna see if it'd be the type of 'slow-paced' game my girlfriend would like to play.

Phew, finished just in time!

Completed Stardust Vanguards a couple days ago.

It was a pretty fun, fast-paced multiplayer game and the survival mode was actually pretty challenging too. Also, as a fan of Gundam, I can't help but admire the sprite art. I think I'll try unleashing it during Easter dinner.

On the other hand, Amy almost killed me with how janky it is.

At one point I took the wrong path and missed a key item. When I doubled-back enemies respawned in their original spots so I had to restart the level. On top of that, the last boss was near-impossible on hard mode until I looked up a strategy.

Terrible game; glad to have finished it.

All done now:

1. Amy - 1f4af.png
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy - :platinum:
  3. Life Is Strange: Before the Storm - :platinum:
  4. Stardust Vanguards - :platinum:

Thanks @Toogie53 for hosting yet another great event!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, Fitzquaid said:

• Never Alone - 100%

Woot! Congrats on wrapping it all up. It sounds like we feel the same about Never Alone and Oxenfree. I'm glad you enjoyed the DLC that I forced you to buy. 

22 hours ago, masaru-san said:

All done now:

1. Amy - 1f4af.png
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy - :platinum:
  3. Life Is Strange: Before the Storm - :platinum:
  4. Stardust Vanguards - :platinum:

Thanks @Toogie53 for hosting yet another great event!

Woot to you too! Wrapping it up! The events are nothing without the people participating making them worthwhile. I'm glad you enjoy them. 

I've got 3 of 5 episodes done for Back to the Future. Still plenty of time for the other two. I think I'd be done already. However, I'm had to do some logo design work earlier for a family member and even now I'm trapped at my sister's house. I might get to finish tonight. If not, its for sure in the bag tomorrow. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

I made it just in time! :D

1. Nier Automata - :platinum:
  2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - :platinum:
  3. XBlaze: Lost Memories - :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein The New Order - :platinum: 
  5. Demon's Souls - :platinum:

I played some really awesome games this time around so I'll give some of my thoughts on each of them.

Nier Automata is one of the best games I've ever played and managed to creep it's way into my top 5 favorite games of all time. This game has everything from an intriguing story, loveable characters, a beautiful soundtrack, gorgeous graphics, smart, fun and fast paced gameplay and an overall sense of charm you don't find in that many games. If you haven't picked this up and played it yet all I have to say is, what are you doing with your life? :dunno:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy was also another great experience. There is no doubt that the Uncharted games have always looked beautiful but this one brings it to another level. The lush scenery was something that would make my mouth hang half open in awe. Playing as Chloe was a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed seeing more of Nadine as well. I'd love to see more Uncharted games that focused on other characters in the series because this one showed how much potential they could have.

XBlaze: Lost Memories was boring and left everything to be desired. I have nothing good to say about this game other than I was glad when it was over.

Wolfenstein The New Order was a pretty fun experience but I wish the story was fleshed out a bit more. The characters had so much potential and it just left something to be desired for. The gameplay mostly made up for it though because there's nothing more fun than shooting Nazis on a Saturday night. xD

Demon's Souls is my first Soul's plat and despite the fact that I got the weapon drops from someone I'm still proud of this plat. Despite the fact that it came out nine years ago, the game still looked pretty good and the gameplay was great, as is with any Soulsborne game. I've tried Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne and have stopped halfway through in both so I'm glad I stuck this one through. I enjoyed it so much that it's inspired me to go for the entire Soulsborne series so I'm looking forward to doing that later on in the year. 

As always thanks for hosting another great event @Toogie53. Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PermaFox said:

The insights on Never Alone/Foxtales were really great, weren't they?  Nice game.

Yeah, I haven't watched them all yet but they all seem like interesting mini-documentaries, it's a nice bonus feature.

8 hours ago, masaru-san said:

@Fitzquaid How is Oxenfree? I just picked it up and was gonna see if it'd be the type of 'slow-paced' game my girlfriend would like to play.

It's definitely slow-paced - basically an adventure game with the focus on the narrative rather than puzzles.  Most of the gameplay is wandering around 2.5D environments while talking to other characters. 

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Woot! Congrats on wrapping it all up. It sounds like we feel the same about Never Alone and Oxenfree. I'm glad you enjoyed the DLC that I forced you to buy.

Thanks for running the event!

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1