The Love Boat

25 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I finally get the :platinum: for  Tales From The Borderlands so i will change my list as follows:

1- Gof Of War: Ascension

2- Tales From The Borderlands

3- Life Is Strange 

4- Final Fantasy XIII 

5- Borderlands 2

So please @Toogie53 update my list when you have the chance, I made it like that to make sure I complete the require games since Borderlands 2 + DLCs ended up being quite long (nothing too complain since the game is really good) and I'm not sure if I can :platinum: before the end of this event ?

Ok. I updated your list. 

8 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@Toogie53 Love the challenges you have set up that we can pick from for the next event!  Need to figure out which game I have for the Easter egg.  Plan on finishing RiME today and then on to Book of Tales 2.  Don't know if I can knock out my bonus game.

Good luck. I'm having trouble wanting to actually play my bonus game. Hopefully, the time limit will get me motivated this week. 

So with so little time left I have no chance of finishing my bonus, I finished Nier last night which is amazing and everyone should play it but I couldn't think of anyway to make it count. But then I remembered I have Doki Doki Universe started and it has an irish planet and a few irish summons so can I swap my boonus game to that please Toogie? I reckon it will take me a night or two but I should be able to make it :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

So with so little time left I have no chance of finishing my bonus, I finished Nier last night which is amazing and everyone should play it but I couldn't think of anyway to make it count. But then I remembered I have Doki Doki Universe started and it has an irish planet and a few irish summons so can I swap my boonus game to that please Toogie? I reckon it will take me a night or two but I should be able to make it :)

No problem!

• Like 1

Weekend update:

I was able to finish Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy, so that's another game down. 

Maybe it was just me but, unlike other Telltale games, I wasn't really feeling this one. Apart from the movies I'm not a big Marvel fan so the stakes weren't as important to me as, say, Batman. Still, it was pretty good! 

Other than that, I've making some major headway in Ratchet 3 but I don't think I'll make the deadline. As a last minute replacement for 'Friendship', I'm thinking I would like to replace it with Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Is that okay? 

The plan this week is to, of course, finish up my remaining games: Amy, Stardust Vanguard, and LiS:BtS

Good luck during the final stretch everyone! 

Edited by masaru-san
  • Like 1

Hey @Toogie53, I've finally finished all of my games on my list! I started / finished Dear Esther today and I actually really enjoyed playing it. It has a great story and a fantastic soundtrack which I could totally listen to all day ?! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an easy 1000G or 100% trophies, but only at a sale price as it's too short to be worth the full price. Anyway, I'm glad I could finish this event as I always enjoy these events and I love the little badges we get! Here are my final stats:

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - :platinum:

LEGO City Undercover - 1000G XBOX ONE

Yooka-Laylee - 1000G XBOX ONE

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition - 1000G XBOX ONE

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey @Toogie53, I've finally finished all of my games on my list! I started / finished Dear Esther today and I actually really enjoyed playing it. It has a great story and a fantastic soundtrack which I could totally listen to all day 1f603.png! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an easy 1000G or 100% trophies, but only at a sale price as it's too short to be worth the full price. Anyway, I'm glad I could finish this event as I always enjoy these events and I love the little badges we get! Here are my final stats:

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - :platinum:

LEGO City Undercover - 1000G XBOX ONE

Yooka-Laylee - 1000G XBOX ONE

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition - 1000G XBOX ONE

Awesome job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey @Toogie53, I've finally finished all of my games on my list! I started / finished Dear Esther today and I actually really enjoyed playing it. It has a great story and a fantastic soundtrack which I could totally listen to all day 1f603.png! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an easy 1000G or 100% trophies, but only at a sale price as it's too short to be worth the full price.

Nice job on getting the event done rizz. Dear Esther has been in my backlog for ages. You may have convinced me to get to it sooner rather than later. :)?

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Awesome job!

Cheers Toogie ?!

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

Nice job on getting the event done rizz. Dear Esther has been in my backlog for ages. You may have convinced me to get to it sooner rather than later. :)1f44d.png

Thanks donut ?! For me, it's actually one of the more recent purchases that hasn't been sat on my Xbox for months and months, which believe me is rare?! I'm glad I could be of assistance ?! It's a bit of a strange game though as you don't really get what your character is talking about until the end of the game. And even then it's still a bit sketchy?.

Picked up the 100 on Doki Doki Universe last night having had it on my profile for 3 years and 7 months. And with that I have cleared my list, phew. I left it to the last minute but we got there.

Not much to say about Doki Doki Universe, very basic game but its quick and it does a good job of figuring out your personality with the quizzes. Wouldn't say you should play it though haha.

• Like 1

Well there is no way I will be able to finish MKX in time for the contest to end so I need to find a new Irish game. Luckily I already platted one this month :) Observe Ann's hoodie in Persona 5. You will notice a 4 leaf clover (for some reason) on the back of her hood

ZTVlN2M0ZGEyMCMvMU02SzlPbGI0M25uVktQWXdE

So now I needed something to replace Persona which leads me to my newest plat Guardians of the Galaxy. So now it goes like this

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Walking Dead Season 2 - 100%. This could easily have been Partnership but after playing through it these people are more companions as they don't really care if you survive but they will help you out as long as you don't get in their way.

2. PARTNERSHIP - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor -85% - The bond between Ranger and Wraith is a strong one as they hope to bring peace to Middle Earth (or whatever the story was about...I lost track)

3.  FRIENDSHIP - Guardians of the Galaxy -100% :platinum: -They are an unlikely group of friends but friends nonetheless. 

1. RELATIONSHIP -  Life is Strange -100% :platinum: - While Max and Chloe aren't technically dating I think I can put them in the relationship status. I mean based off my ending choice I think it is only a matter of time before this takes on a new level.

1. BONUS: BE IRISH!- Persona 5 - 100% :platinum: - As mentioned above I am using Ann's shamrock for this one. 

What is funny is Persona 5 really can be used for every single one of these events. You have your companions like Hifumi or the Gun guy, you have your partners like Sojiro or Sae, you have your friends in the Phantom Thieves and of course you can pick someone to have a relationship with. 

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Infamous: Second son is loaded with Easter Eggs. I plan on playing that as I really need to get that one off my backlog.

I know about the Easter Egg referencing Sucker Punch's previoous IP in that game, but i already started that game and plan to plat it for my Spring Backlog challenge. Besides, I want to try a new game. :)

Does the bonus game need to have a plat? I found some stuff in a video about Abzu.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

30 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I know about the Easter Egg referencing Sucker Punch's previoous IP in that game, but i already started that game and plan to plat it for my Spring Backlog challenge. Besides, I want to try a new game. :)

Does the bonus game need to have a plat? I found some stuff in a video about Abzu.

No. You can 100% things instead of earning platinum. This also means you can revisit things you have the plat in if you 100% it.

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I have two ideas for games but the third is elusive and I don't know about many games with Easter Eggs that I would like(though it's from lack of research). I'm looking through Youtube videos now, will be getting back when I find a game I like. :)

Kind of interesting. i see games with Easter eggs everywhere. I am having trouble narrowing down which one I am going to use. I'm thinking either Ghost Recon Wildlands or Dying Light. And those two mostly because they are stuffed with Easter Eggs. I'm leaning towards Ghost Recon though because it's already on my backlog and I have a friend and his brother that are also playing it currently. So I might be able to get some co-op play which will be more fun. 

@Dr_Mayus I love how your Irish pick ended up being a giant game that you randomly found a four leaf clover in.

Edited by Toogie53

6 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@Dr_Mayus I love how your Irish pick ended up being a giant game that you randomly found a four leaf clover in.

I know :P Especially since (as I mentioned) it perfectly fits the theme of this event and I end up using it for the goofy bonus plat instead ^_^

Just when I sat in class the first time and saw Ann in front of me wearing that Four Leaf Clover (and you see it in every classroom scene) I was like "what are the odds I would play this game during this event"

I'm done hurray :D

Finished AC: Freedom Cry just recently... really feels like small version of AC IV which is/was a great game but for the sake of this event Freedom Cry was the better choice obviously :D ... i think it's a good expansion but it has the same flaws as the big game too (i.e. walking up somewhere you don't want or even can't)...

I'm happy i completed 4 games for this event now even none of them were planned at the start :D ... maybe more luck next event?! :D ... i have to get Bleach out of the way next or the next event will be a similiar case too :D  ... thx @Toogie53 for hosting this, it's been a turbulent month with many surprises in my gaming experience :)

Journey ?

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4) ?

Broken Sword 5 (PSV) ??

Hatoful Boyfriend ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 4

@evil_

19 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@Toogie53   Latest update as the boat is roaring toward the harbor!

1. Never Alone - ?
  2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness - :platinum:
  3. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - 13%
  4. Rime - :platinum:

Oooh. I hope you make it. I'm trying to rush through No Man's Sky to finish the bonus game. I'm less confident that I'll finish it than if you'll finish yours. I think you'll pull it off. 

@Evil_Joker88 AWWWW YEAHH! Time to get SCHWIFTY!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Walking Dead Season 2 - 100%
  2. PARTNERSHIP - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor -100% :platinum:

3.  FRIENDSHIP - Guardians of the Galaxy -100% :platinum: 
  4. RELATIONSHIP -  Life is Strange -100% :platinum: 
  5. BONUS: BE IRISH!- Persona 5 - 100% :platinum: 

What...what is this feeling? I don't know. After battling my way through hordes of zombies, orcs, twisted shadows, dead birds, and rock eating worms...after dealing with pedophilia, sadism, masochism, suicide, betrayal, murder, rape...after seeing my wife and child die...my friends die...after seeing my friend's wife and child die...after my friends kill themselves...and then I rewound it and watched them kill themselves again...and then I kept rewinding it and it kept happening over and over and over and over....after a tornado destroyed my village, after we flew out of a worms anus...after I smeared the guts of the dead on me...after I manipulated the hearts of men to bend to my will...is this Love I feel? 

Do I truly know the meaning of love? Or through out all the destruction and mayhem...does Love know the true meaning of me? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:o So I still haven't learned what love is. 

Damn this boat and the lies it fed me.

Don't worry, you'll find what love is someday... just not with those titles. :D I didn't really like Life is Strange so I won't be playing it again.

Anyways, great job on completing the challenge. Are you going to participate in the next Toogie challenge?

Edited by CJ_Mystery