Are you Ready Player One?

2 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

@ProfBambam55 The whole idea of the contest is you have a riddle, which relates to a game. You have to guess the answer to the riddle, and if you're correct Phy will send you a message with the "Gate" or challenge for that riddle. It will be in the form of another riddle, but how to solve it is pretty straight forward and will have to do with the game the first riddle was based on, in this case you need to play MGS and get the Fox codename (It's a bitch to do). If 10 people solve the riddle, then Phy will release the answer in order to keep it fair and more in line with the book, since normally after it was solved a few times, everyone flocked to the right answer. In order to prove you did the challenge, you're probably just going to have to take a picture of it or prove it in some other manor, such as the possibility a later challenge will earn you a trophy or something. That's the basic gist, 3 riddles and 3 challenges, whoever finishs the last challenge first of course, wins. 

brilliant...thanks for explaining...a couple decades ago, I might've attempted this challenge...good luck to all...

side question : is mgs even available on ps4?...i know it got a ps3 release...great game for its time...

15 hours ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Finish MGS1 on Hard Difficulty with 4 alerts or fewer, 25 kills or fewer, no continues, while consuming 1 ration or none at all and reaching the end game within 3 hours..

Thats what I believe too. I'm still debatimg on if I'm gonna go for it or not. I'm an MGS noob so it wont come easy for me.

2 hours ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Oh, I was under the impression I had to wait for the next riddle to be able to join since the current riddle has already been guessed and the challenge riddle was already posted.

Nope. Once you complete this challenge you will be given the riddle for the next game. 

@Psy-Tychist - you're a credit to the force my friend, I whole-heartily applaud this effort. Never read the book, but the movie was Sick, and I am a sucker for riddles.. so consider my name in the running! As a caveat (should it actually come down to it ofc) I don't want your games or money etc upon victory. Nothing personal, just weird about that kind of thing. Furthermore, the Armada would like to donate some stuff to the contest if that's cool. Given the amount of time the book challenges took, hoping this IRL one will take awhile to complete too, and people might need some modular incentives to stay interested? Might be wrong though.. Regardless - cool format, mad props, and keep up the great work!! -Jaeson

• Like 2

On 4/20/2018 at 5:43 AM, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Too bad I'm gonna have to skip all cutscenes and conversations...

I feel the same way about a different game, or at least a series. While I do really love the dialogue and cutscenes in the Kingdom Hearts series, my plans to get the platinums in it do not involve deep worthy plot or the scenes involved in such plot. You have to make sacrifices to get the games done fast so you can get that shiny platinum trophy or title. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuming everyone has the second riddle figured out, it's just completing the challenge that is the problem. I've been giving it a go every weekend, I haven't been able to complete it though. Always go over the allotated time, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

A note to anyone wanting to try or still wanting to try this event:

• Anyone can join in at any time.
  • To win the event, you will have to complete each challenge with proof available.
  • The race to complete the challenges will be longer than most people expect, so take your time and don't fret too much over the game and try and enjoy the challenge.

Also some info on the Big Boss Rank for each MGS game (not quite FOX or FOXHOUND) and gives you an idea at which might be easier.

MGS1 Big Boss

• Beat the Game in Extreme Mode
  • Finish the Game In 3 Hours or Less
  • Use No Continues
  • Use One or No Rations
  • Kill 25 or Less
  • Found 4 Times or Less

MGS2 Big Boss

• Chapter: Tanker/Plant
  • Mode: Extreme
  • Time: Under 3 hours
  • Damage: No Requirement