Metal Gear Survive Trophy Thoughts?

Nexuds121

18 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

No offense. But every people have the rights to be mad at. You think it's good? We all say MGS Survive is a failure and a trash game.

Impossible to offend me bro :) No worries.

I am having a great time with it :)

If I like a game, I don't care who created it.

Why you so mad tho lol.

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

If anyone playing this game could explain the survivalist trophy that would be great.  Wondering how much of a pain it will be before purchase.  I wouldn't mind playing this game but I don't want to be stuck on it forever.

unlike some of the previous messages it is surviving 140 days "and" 15 hours without dying in a single life. a minute passes every few seconds of in-game time. You can instantly fast forward time instead of waiting the whole 140 days 15 hours in gameplay by sleeping as long as you have enough water and food in your inventory. Basically if you build farms for food, water carriers for water, and stockpile enough going through the rest of the game, you can just use the shelter to fast forward through all 140 days and 15 hours without waiting or doing anything. That way if you die working your way through the story mode it doesnt matter

• Like 4

10 hours ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Why you guys so mad?

I just got the game. My friends and I are having a blast!

To my knowledge Kojima is a Jesus like figure and apparently made metal gear by himself. Seriously tho I don’t get why everyone is mad. Do you guys have some sort of personal attachment to Kojima? 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

To my knowledge Kojima is a Jesus like figure and apparently made metal gear by himself. Seriously tho I don’t get why everyone is mad. Do you guys have some sort of personal attachment to Kojima? 

Exactly. I mean, you of all people, should know Griffith that did nothing wrong. So what about Konami?

xD

Having played the beta and watched the first hour of the game I'm actually a lot more interested in it than I was when it was announced. I expected plot to be very minimal but there was a surprising amount of time spent in that first hour focused on setting a narrative with a lot of questions to with actual characters involved not just generic MSF grunts which was what I expected. I've also seen pictures floating around of all kinds of monster hunteresque creatures and giant cthulu kaijus that make me wonder why weren't they showing those off instead of the more generic zombies? I mean look at this I think would have been way more interested if they were showing this off:

hhn80uu4rah01.gif

I know its super popular to hate on Konami and worship the ground that Kojima stands on which for the most part there's good justification for doing so but I'd implore people to try not be too much of a hardcore fanboy that completely dismisses the game and at least take a look because it seems like there could be some interesting stuff going on. It seems that a lot of people who have been working on the MGS franchise for a long time are still involved with this title and there's clearly way more effort put in than anyone actually thought so just like give it a bit of a chance you know Kojima wasn't a one man team. Always online is complete crap though I'll say that much hopefully that's something that can change in the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

It's what too much video game journalism does to people. They begin to think they're personally involved and project their own story, or the story told to them by journalists who never even visited Japan, for what happens behind the scenes. I would like to remind that people (including myself) who supported Metal Gear games, were at the same time preventing other projects like ZoE 3 from becoming a reality. Metal Gear was by nature an unhealthy franchise since it was too reliant on one person. There are no AAA-series that can live like that. Or this is my view as an old MGS and Kojima-fan myself. But entitlement never cared for facts, only wants.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

unlike some of the previous messages it is surviving 140 days "and" 15 hours without dying in a single life. a minute passes every few seconds of in-game time. You can instantly fast forward time instead of waiting the whole 140 days 15 hours in gameplay by sleeping as long as you have enough water and food in your inventory. Basically if you build farms for food, water carriers for water, and stockpile enough going through the rest of the game, you can just use the shelter to fast forward through all 140 days and 15 hours without waiting or doing anything. That way if you die working your way through the story mode it doesnt matter

Thanks for the response. good to know.

11 hours ago, Jon-Patrick-S said:

Having played the beta and watched the first hour of the game I'm actually a lot more interested in it than I was when it was announced. I expected plot to be very minimal but there was a surprising amount of time spent in that first hour focused on setting a narrative with a lot of questions to with actual characters involved not just generic MSF grunts which was what I expected. I've also seen pictures floating around of all kinds of monster hunteresque creatures and giant cthulu kaijus that make me wonder why weren't they showing those off instead of the more generic zombies? I mean look at this I think would have been way more interested if they were showing this off:

hhn80uu4rah01.gif

I know its super popular to hate on Konami and worship the ground that Kojima stands on which for the most part there's good justification for doing so but I'd implore people to try not be too much of a hardcore fanboy that completely dismisses the game and at least take a look because it seems like there could be some interesting stuff going on. It seems that a lot of people who have been working on the MGS franchise for a long time are still involved with this title and there's clearly way more effort put in than anyone actually thought so just like give it a bit of a chance you know Kojima wasn't a one man team. Always online is complete crap though I'll say that much hopefully that's something that can change in the future.

I agree I don't think kojima would give a rats ass if I got fired from my job so I'm not sure why I'm suppose to be concerned about his career.  If the game is good it's good if it's not well then lets hope they pull it together for a future game that is more in line with the Metal Gear storyline.  When I view the end credits in games there seem to be about a thousand of people's names I can't pronounce accredited for the game development and kojima is only one of them.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 8:26 AM, Rrorkk said:

im super rich and im buying a million copies just to piss off the clowns who keep saying "dont buy this"

Same. But I will see your million, and raise it to two million!

Shame there isn't a $150 Collector's Edition, I would buy a million of those too!

• Like 4

On 2/20/2018 at 7:56 PM, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Impossible to offend me bro :) No worries.

I am having a great time with it :)

If I like a game, I don't care who created it.

Why you so mad tho lol.

Lol you crack me up ☻

I mean I love Kojima, he's the man, but Metal Gear Survive isn't that bad a game. Matchmaking could be quicker, but apparently it didn't sell well. 

Meh.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Shame there isn't a $150 Collector's Edition, I would buy a million of those too!

Haha I bought 2 copies to boost myself only to find that 4 man lobbies are required...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BlueFireReaper said:

I’ll probably either wait for the price to drop and/or buy it used. I do want to try it out, but I don’t want to support Konami in the state that it’s in.

Just rent it at redbox. 

If you "can" handle the AI voices(specifically the male voice).

Then make a decision on purchasing used/new. 

If you can't handle the AI voices like I can't (drill in the back of the head please). Then at least you only spent like $2.

The volume is low on the clip from whadhebreak sorry

https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedJoyousOysterPupper?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

11 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Is it true that you pay for save slots?

Apparently if you want an extra save slot that's what I heard. But you already have 1. It's weird as hell, but not game breaking. 

Here's the thread for it

3 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Just rent it at redbox. 

If you "can" handle the AI voices(specifically the male voice).

Then make a decision on purchasing used/new. 

If you can't handle the AI voices like I can't (drill in the back of the head please). Then at least you only spent like $2.

The volume is low on the clip from whadhebreak sorry

https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedJoyousOysterPupper?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

Apparently if you want an extra save slot that's what I heard. But you already have 1. It's weird as hell, but not game breaking. 

Here's the thread for it

Domo arigato! And here I thought Konami was dead, but boy was I wrong! They're more dead than Donald Trump's hair follicles with this game! Sorry Konami but ironically this title will NOT survive...

On 22-2-2018 at 4:01 PM, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

Bless your soul for taking the piss out of some of the cringe fanboys. Fuck Konami for charging 10 dollars for an extra save slot, though. 

• Like 2