Spring Fling!

Really late update

@Toogie53please pull the unfinished swan from my list. Somehow it has become impossible to play. Out of nowhere playing that game just makes me dizzy and sick. I've tried playing different times of day, adjusting brightness settings, playing on my Vita and it's not happening. I find it kinda weird since I was able to play the game just fine years ago on PS3 on the same TV.:hmm:  Either way I'll be doing either Flower, which I haven't been able to get into, (really hard to play a relaxing game while watching playoff hockey every night) or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for my bonus game.

• Like 1

Well I think I would give this one a shot if its possible. At least I think I might come up with 3 games :P One even fits so literal... I almost have to try it.

And it gives me some time to prepare the beast called Skyrim (which I could shoehorn into several categories which is kinda funny :D ).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Hopefully this is a summer-long event.

I have been debating timeline, but I did decide to have this be all summer (end mid August) since it works nicely with the Halloween one which I want extra time for since I am going to be encouraging 13 plats again. I want that one to start Sept. 1st and go to early November like last year. Hopefully this allows people to deep dive into some longer games this summer without time crunch pressure. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I have been debating timeline, but I did decide to have this be all summer (end mid August) since it works nicely with the Halloween one which I want extra time for since I am going to be encouraging 13 plats again. I want that one to start Sept. 1st and go to early November like last year. Hopefully this allows people to deep dive into some longer games this summer without time crunch pressure. 

Awesome, definitely going for all 13 categories then. I'll start working on my list on the train. 

On 5/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, Toogie53 said:

Alright, I think it's time that I can tell everyone the full concept. As stated, it is things you can do at summer camp. I wanted to cap it at eight categories but it was really hard to think of what to cut out, so I kept all 12 of them! I'll add some example games when I make the sign up post for the new event this Friday. That will be titled Camp Wannalottaplat. Let's not hi-jack this thread much. So if you want to opt-in early and reserve your spot in the sign-up order go ahead and say you want in below. However, please save game choices etc. for the new thread.

I definitely want to join the next event! Will it be as flexible as this one if we have to swap games? I'll be abroad for most of the event, but I will have my VITA. I'm hoping to also remote play some games and possibly getting PSNow while I'm gone, but I don't want to commit to a game and then not be able to finish it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I definitely want to join the next event! Will it be as flexible as this one if we have to swap games? I'll be abroad for most of the event, but I will have my VITA. I'm hoping to also remote play some games and possibly getting PSNow while I'm gone, but I don't want to commit to a game and then not be able to finish it.

All Toogies events are flexible and game swapping is allowed at any time. ??

• Like 1

As always, I want in...and I apologize for not progressing further on the Spring Fling list...MLB The Show 18 and Mein Leben Wolfenstein II run have been using up all of my time lately. I just recently started with Telltale Batman for another event as well after not earning trophies for nearly a month because of the aforementioned time consumers. So hopefully the summer months will be much more productive.

50 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

All Toogies events are flexible and game swapping is allowed at any time. 1f601.png1f44d.png

This is true. I don't intend to suddenly be hard-nosed about game swapping in the upcoming event. 

43 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

As always, I want in...and I apologize for not progressing further on the Spring Fling list...MLB The Show 18 and Mein Leben Wolfenstein II run have been using up all of my time lately. I just recently started with Telltale Batman for another event as well after not earning trophies for nearly a month because of the aforementioned time consumers. So hopefully the summer months will be much more productive.

No worries about how much you finished in Spring Fling. I don't have any personal stake in how much you do or do not play the games you specified. To me, it's simply whether or not I send out a badge to you at the end. I like having you around and seeing you post occassionally. Checking your profile for updates isn't difficult or anything so its worth the price of having you here. I know priorities change or stuff comes up. Mein Leben sounds like a rough ride. I hope it pays off for you eventually.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

This is true. I don't intend to suddenly be hard-nosed about game swapping in the upcoming event. 

No worries about how much you finished in Spring Fling. I don't have any personal stake in how much you do or do not play the games you specified. To me, it's simply whether or not I send out a badge to you at the end. I like having you around and seeing you post occassionally. Checking your profile for updates isn't difficult or anything so its worth the price of having you here. I know priorities change or stuff comes up. Mein Leben sounds like a rough ride. I hope it pays off for you eventually.

I hope so too. I am actually thinking of earning the rest of the trophies first and saving Mein Leben for last. I also heard the 1.07 patch helps with Mein Leben in that they lowered the damage rate a bit. So hopefully that makes it more doable.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3631cd/L479a37.png

Easter Egg: Day of the Tentacle Remastered

0% → 100% :platinum:

I was craving some gaming after spending many hours on homework (four essays, one powerpoint, four extra credit assignments, please help me) so I just went ahead and took the couple of hours that Day of Tentacle takes. It's a very cute point-and-click, so go ahead and whip that guide out if you haven't played this gem yet~

• Like 1

IAfter a long session yesterday i got another trophy in Adventure Capitalist and got finished Earth finally. Around 4.500 newspaper printers and car washes companies progress were really slow and i saw that buying boosters to increase income (x3 mostly) is very much needed. I rebuild my empire 3 times yesterday to claim more angel investors and didn't want to go to sleep at 99% progress towards the 626th ingame achievement (for which the trophy unlocks).

Sadly i need 100 more laser cannon upgrades on the moon :(  and boy it is going soo slow on Moon... Not sure if i can finish it today but hopefully by the end of the week...

Adventure Capitalist is now 90% :D

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to swap out Skyrim. I don't want to have to rush through it and I've not left myself enough time to not rush. I'll put life is strange in instead for spring forward. I can do Skyrim in the next event which I will definitely be signing up for.

Edit- just realised I already had gotg as my spring forward. I will think of something else to swap in for a different category.

Edit 2- decided on one more dungeon as a spring into action game (going through dungeons battling monsters must count as action?)

Edited by wolverine123

Second to last update: I got all but one level of Flower done- the second-to-the-last level has a dreaded 'no damage' trophy. For some reason, when I first played it, it also didn't register any of my bonus flowers :hmm:Hopefully that doesn't become a big issue.

You can remove Yasai Ninja from my list, I don't think I'll be returning to it until after this summer. Hopefully, enough time will past and I'll forget how awful it is :P 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

Second to last update: I got all but one level of Flower done- the second-to-the-last level has a dreaded 'no damage' trophy. For some reason, when I first played it, it also didn't register any of my bonus flowers :hmm:Hopefully that doesn't become a big issue.

You can remove Yasai Ninja from my list, I don't think I'll be returning to it until after this summer. Hopefully, enough time will past and I'll forget how awful it is :P 

Tip for the no damage level. First part ignore any flowers except the ones to progress the level and when you get to the canyons with the electricity and falling towers most of the time its safest high up on the left side. If you cant get it there are youtube vids I believe that will show you what i mean. 

• Like 2

I've completed my 3rd game from the main categories now :D ...

Adventure Capitalist is ? now :)

After completing the Earth this morning i bought some permanent boosters for 8 out of 10 moon companies which didn't vanish after reseting my progress to get some more angel investors ? ? ... just 3 time jumps more and i had enough money to buy the dreaded remaining upgrades for my moon canon and got all companies above the needed amount of 777 :D

I will play Killzone 2 next up but i doubt i'll finish it within the remaining days.... no time for ps3 or ps4 until Sunday so maybe i'll finish 1 but certainly not 2 playthroughs of Killzone... especially when the 2nd one is on the highest difficulty without any cheat or glitch or another exploit ?

• Like 2

Finally came up with a new list that I'll be able to complete it time. :D

Spring Cleaning: Abzu - 0%

Spring Chicken:  Megatagmension: Neptune+Blanc vs Zombies - 74% 

Spring Loaded: Mary Skelter Nightmares :platinum:

Bonus Game: Forma.8 ?

Megatagmension should be done tomorrow if everything goes according to plan and I'm about to start Abzu now to see if I can finish it today. I've got a list made up for the new event as well but I'll wait for the thread to go up. 

• Like 1