What's with all the privacy settings?

DARKB1KE

It's getting a bit ridiculous trying to organize sessions when people have privacy settings turned up so high you can't even add them as friends or send them messages or add them to a boost chat....

I'm getting close to the point that they can just get banned or kicked from session, I mean what's the point of joining a gaming session if nobody can reach you?

COMMUNICATION is huge in boosting, that's the whole point of all of this is being able to communicate to your other boosters and get them all together and establish a plan.

A leader needs to take control and the only way they can do that is communication, be it chat or voice.

So if you are blocked off from the world, how is that helping you or anybody?

FYI I'm hosting 3 different sessions right now and in every one of them, 1 person in each of those is max-privacy....

Anybody else run into this issue?  How do you manage it?  Do you just ignore the people you can't reach?  

Edited by DARKB1KE

Haven't had this kind of problem with boosting sessions but it can be frustrating.

I remember how I was trying to add random players to a group when I was playing Smite during "double XP weekend for 2+ players" and couldn't reach out to anyone ?

14 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

apparently receiving "hi" from random strangers is traumatic enough to warrant such isolation ?  i just act like those ppl dont exist (they essentially don't)

I'd wager it's more along the lines of trying to block those webcam bot messages. Had my own messages set like this for awhile due to those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaco said:

I'd wager it's more along the lines of trying to block those webcam bot messages. Had my own messages set like this for awhile due to those.

yeah but i was under the impression those bots only said "hi" unless they're entertained with a reply. never heard of any other sort of unsolicited spam

1 minute ago, Thropy_Hore said:

yeah but i was under the impression those bots only said "hi" unless they're entertained with a reply. never heard of any other sort of unsolicited spam

That does seem to be true.. You can usually tell when it's one because of that. Plus, the no avatars/trophies earned. Which is why mine are back to normal. That, and they're not nearly as frequent as they once were. 

Or people who say add them as friends etc. say your from here blah blah in the friends add ps4 threads but their fking privacy is set to the maxed. Gtfo!

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't Playstation recently (Probably end of 2017~) change the privacy settings, making the user change it back if they wanted to receive messages from players not on their friends list? Can't find anything online, but I'm pretty sure that happened. Some users probably haven't been bothered, or know to change it.

It's the responsibility of the individual to change their privacy settings if they're expecting to boost, either send them a message on here or ignore them.

Some people don't like being called a ♥ or being told that their family is going to be raped and murdered every five minutes from people that lost games. /shrug

21 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

It's the responsibility of the individual to change their privacy settings if they're expecting to boost, either send them a message on here or ignore them.

Some people don't like being called a 2665.png or being told that their family is going to be raped and murdered every five minutes from people that lost games. /shrug

OH man, those messages are the best, I love sharing them :) 

13 minutes ago, DJbruce92 said:

What bothers me is people adding me and not saying why, Like if you're from a boosting session please say so.

That makes me mad too. I have it in my "About me" too that I will deny blank friend requests but I still get them all the time.

• Like 1

I can't speak for anybody else, but there was a time I received 10+ random friend requests and messages a day, without any context or a reason for adding me, especially when I was playing Call of Duty regularly. I was so annoyed by it that I changed my privacy settings. I still play a few rounds of Black Ops 3 now and then, so everything's strict.

However, whenever I intend to join a boosting session I open everything up to ensure that people are able to add me.

Edited by Izul

Are you sure every one of them have their privacy settings maxed? Over the last few days I haven’t even been able to search for profiles in the friend or message search that I know for a fact are open. They don’t show up at all, either spelling by PSN Name or their Real Name, on PS4 or the official PS and PS Messenger apps. Instead I sometimes get a random person pop up with similar spelling for a few letters then it’s zero. Even on profiles here from the add friend threads, not to mention profiles already on my home console or even friends list!