Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

Just now, VeldinX said:

An option to avoid this would be to allow deletion of only 0% or 100% lists. It wouldn’t help people with broken, unobtainable trophies, but would at least allow people to delete games they hated or are embarrassed about without “cheating” their way to a perfect profile. 

Another safe guard to avoid abuse of the system could be if you wanted to delete a game neither 0% nor 100%, you would have to wait five years, let’s say, to do so. That way cheaters would be disincentivised as they usually want instant gratification. There also could be a system in place where you need to ask permission from Sony to do so and give a good reason. However, that is unlikely as it gives them more work. 1f602.png

First one is a good idea, but I don't agree with it because I'm part of the people who accept their whole gaming history, including games I played/platted despite not enjoying.

In general, I think the hiding feature is way more than enough. People may think you are a cheater, but I don't care about it. I have hidden a Trophy list from my profile and the fact that I know I did not cheat is more than enough. It should be that way.

This seems impossible but who knows, maybe in late future they would add this feature. But if they ever add this, the game that needs to be deleted should be in someone’s profile for minimum a year also 100% completed games should not be able to be deleted. 

Also I’d rather prefer to being able to change the country of my profile before this. They added nickname changing, why not changing the country once in every 5 years? I think this would work perfect with profiles being created minimum 5 or 10 years ago. 

Maybe you should only be able to delete games you’ve earned Bronze trophies in.

As soon as there’s a S/G/P trophy that game ‘locks’ and can’t be deleted.

Would allow people to delete games they bounced right off without having the ‘hacker could delete all your platinums’ worry. 

39 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

This seems impossible but who knows, maybe in late future they would add this feature. But if they ever add this, the game that needs to be deleted should be in someone’s profile for minimum a year also 100% completed games should not be able to be deleted. 

Also I’d rather prefer to being able to change the country of my profile before this. They added nickname changing, why not changing the country once in every 5 years? I think this would work perfect with profiles being created minimum 5 or 10 years ago. 

I would love to delete the 100% shovel wares I have, I would do that in a heartbeat, they actually bother me more than half completed games which I don't hide and surprisingly incomplete games do not bother me as much as 100% shit games. As much as I like sushi and tofu as food, I don't like their jumping games and regret playing them. 

I still cannot believe they haven't given region change, you can go it with Apple etc. so it is entirely possible. I used to have a Irish account when I studied there years ago as a student and earned 4 plats, then left the country forever. PSN cards for that region cannot be purchased online on third party sites like they can for regions like US, Japan, UK etc. so I had to abandon that account and started this one, re earned those 4 plats (which were long, as it was ff13, 13-2, tales of vesperia and graces, so not exactly short). I do not understand why they cannot do this is Apple and Google can. If they do not allow region change, they should at least allow you to make purchases with a foreign credit card, like normal online shopping like amazon. 

Regardless, PSN is lacking many features, in addition to not being able to delete trophy lists, you cannot customise the order at least. You have to have it by last played or alphabetical, so no choice to have all you favourite games at the top and dump the crap at the bottom. 

Being able to hide games and lists from yourself as well would be helpful if they don't allow us to delete lists, all these seem like simple features that would make the user experience better overall. They have already gotten rid of themes, avatars and manual trophy sync like ps3 and vita. What is wrong with these sony people... they do the same with their other stuff like headphones etc. always two steps forward one step back. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vigilantony said:

Maybe you should only be able to delete games you’ve earned Bronze trophies in.

As soon as there’s a S/G/P trophy that game ‘locks’ and can’t be deleted.

Would allow people to delete games they bounced right off without having the ‘hacker could delete all your platinums’ worry. 

'Games' that most people would want to delete from profile have 10 golds and plat.

I would never want an option to delete 100%s. I would have to guard my unobtaiables like a bank account. I don't want stress of possible loosing All trophies by some accident or server problems 

Edited by WiktorM101

I have three games that I'd like to delete from my profile, Uncharted 3, which I platinumed, but never bothered with the 100%, Star Wars Republic Heroes, which I played for a few minutes and a trophy popped and Modern Warfare, which was one of the first games that I played back when I bought my PS3, but it wasn't really my thing, so I hope they add the option to delete any game you want from your trophy list, but knowing Sony, they'll never bother doing it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthPaul93 said:

I don't really see any downside to this option being added though.

You can fell asleep and wake up without your trophies you can't earn back, like the guy who bought tens of years of ps+ asleep but here i wouldn't count on sony's help to take this back.

Someone with access to your account and bad will can destroy your achivements. Or can do this by accident.

Trophy speedruns can be easly exploited.

You can't even come close to fastest achiver legit. Top would always be cloud saves after deleting trophies. Similar to autopops but for every game ever.

We can't find cheaters easly anymore. Wrong timestamps/order always can be defended with "I got plat, put saves on USB deleted trophies and got it that way" or anything similar.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

You can fell asleep and wake up without your trophies you can't earn back, like the guy who bought tens of years of ps+ asleep but here i wouldn't count on sony's help to take this back.

Someone with access to your account and bad will can destroy your achivements. Or can do this by accident.

You can't even come close to fastest achiver legit. Top would always be cloud saves after deleting trophies. Similar to autopops but for every game ever.

We can't find cheaters easly anymore. Wrong timestamps/order always can be defended with "I got plat, put saves on USB deleted trophies and got it that way" or anything similar.

I would assume making you do two step verification in addition to re inputting your password prior to deleting the list would prevent accidental deletions and also give more security, esp. with the two step. 

With all being said, this debate is clearly split into the crowd who want trophy deletion vs, the crowd who don't, and then there are those that don't care, like everything else in life. I think adding it would allow people who want it to be happy, and those who don't can simply just ignore the feature and not use it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrmivo said:

I don’t think it’s likely, but being able to reset a trophy list (which would achieve the same goal) is a feature I’d welcome. It would probably not be equally welcomed by players who put effort into high completion rates, though.

Yeah, same here.

It's incredible, we've lost the right to fully restart games from scratch without using multiple accounts and sharing features...

It will never happen, anyway. Just like when you're forced to have followers even after you unfriend someone on PS4 or PS5. You have to manually contact everyone, and in most cases, nobody respects your decision, or have privacy settings and you cannot contact them anymore. And sometimes they glitch your What's New section of the dashboard unless you block them and wait a month.

14 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Not everyone (in fact hardly anyone in the grand scale) thinks about 100% completion. Most of the people suggesting have already said they have a game or two they want to remove, not every game that’s not 100%. 

What?? Where is your source for this hot take?

This reminds me of the idiots from the PS3 heydays and Terminator Salvation/Hannah Montana: The Game.

You hid trophies = You had these games, according to them...

Edited by Lance_87

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

This reminds me of the idiots from the PS3 heydays and Terminator Salvation/Hannah Montana: The Game.

You hid trophies = You had these games, according to them...

Yes, unfortunately some people have incredibly tiny world views and all things must fit into their cognitive bias or else it will be outright rejected and those are the stances the rest of us will continue to be subjected to. 

58 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I would assume making you do two step verification in addition to re inputting your password prior to deleting the list would prevent accidental deletions and also give more security, esp. with the two step. 

I just pointed out problems with assumption everything works tip top 100% fool proof.

In real world with software and hardware issues, server issues etc. just wait for accidental account wipes or specific games disappearing. If some people have problem with actually having games they paid for in library (licence restore helping or not) just imagine case where you write to support to get your game back.

If they have no stored info then you will get cheater bagde for obtaining Max Payne 3 in 2025. Good luck with that. Simple blue H solves all the problems we don't have to have.

Edited by WiktorM101

1 hour ago, WiktorM101 said:

Sony could add extra safety measures, but they won't waste their time on something like this.

I would love the option to delete any trophy list without any limitations. Mostly because that would make me not care about completion percentage, much like shovelware made me not care about my position on the leaderboards or amount of platinums.

• Like 1

I really dislike this idea.  Deleting games for what reason?  Because you are unable to get the platinum?  Because your 'embarrassed' by a game for some reason lol.  It's absurd.  The list should be and is a history of the games you've played and trophies you've earnt, good or bad, it should not be messed with.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, CabDK said:

What would happen then, all your trophies will be gone forever. Seems like a bad idea to me.

You just claimed that we forgot. We haven't.

People get hacked and their whole account is gone forever right now. Nothing changes about the possibility of getting hacked if this were implemented. The risk of having an account hacked hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

You just claimed that we forgot. We haven't.

People get hacked and their whole account is gone forever right now. Nothing changes about the possibility of getting hacked if this were implemented. The risk of having an account hacked hasn't changed.

You can get your account back we all know that, but with this option you could potentially get it back with all the trophies deleted. Maybe people did not forget and think it's a risk worth taking. I do not.

Edited by CabDK