Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

I'd like to delete Mayo & Massagy plats, pointless platinums, i did them just for the experience but i did not enjoy them.

I'd like to delete also Alien Breed, Moto GP 09/10, 10/11...Driveclub, Driveclub Bikes and VR, they are games i did not enjoy so i have no interest to play them.

But i don't believe the delete option will ever happen.

My brother put FIFA 15 on my list when he wanted to open some ultimate team packs on my profile, whilst my dad put the PS3 version of COD Advanced Warfare on my list when I let him borrow my PS3 and he did not realise I had it set to auto-log in. I'd like to remove things like that if I could but I don't think such a feature should be implemented beyond getting rid of 0% games.

I wonder how my post from 2018 was revived, anyway i don't care anymore if Sony allow us to delete or not the trophies. Right now, as many of you guys, i also think my trophy list represents my gaming history (or at least from PS3, PS4 and Vita for now).

I'm also a PC gamer, even i play sometimes with my PSP and PS1. Gaming has no limits, don't get stuck because trophies. I like to be a trophy hunter but before trophies arrived, i played a lot many games and completed them at 100% as i do now. Trophy list it's just an extra, and even an excuse to meet new people to share great moments.

• Like 2

From what I would consider a good bit of experience, trust me, you do not want to chase a 100 percent profile. For a long time I would have anxiety before starting a new game because I wasnt sure if that was going to be the one to break the cycle. While I did my best to keep it from changing my playing habits, it most likely did. Many games were scrutinized and researched long before they were ever bought. Some games werent played due to issues with glitched trophies etc. 

Finally a friend came over and popped the first trophy on sekiro. I have every confidence that I can plat the game, but I keep putting it off. As of now it is the only thing incomplete (with the exception of concrete genie vr). Leaving it there feels quite liberating. 

The other thing to be said, is removing those lists wont make your profile look that much better anyway. Youd also have to start investing heavily in the dlc of every game. Another choice that I begrudgingly make with seemingly every game these days...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zXShermanXz said:

From what I would consider a good bit of experience, trust me, you do not want to chase a 100 percent profile. For a long time I would have anxiety before starting a new game because I wasnt sure if that was going to be the one to break the cycle. While I did my best to keep it from changing my playing habits, it most likely did. Many games were scrutinized and researched long before they were ever bought. Some games werent played due to issues with glitched trophies etc. 

Finally a friend came over and popped the first trophy on sekiro. I have every confidence that I can plat the game, but I keep putting it off. As of now it is the only thing incomplete (with the exception of concrete genie vr). Leaving it there feels quite liberating. 

The other thing to be said, is removing those lists wont make your profile look that much better anyway. Youd also have to start investing heavily in the dlc of every game. Another choice that I begrudgingly make with seemingly every game these days...

It's also an expensive endeavor. DLC adds up in cost. Companies like Ubisoft and Activision still seem intent on shoving out loads of DLC that cost a lot of money.

A profile that someone worked thousands of hours with unobtainables gets more credit than a 100 percent profile that somebody likely cherry picked, and was often miserable in going after every single trophy.

I would only delete games were I never had an intention to play it but it somehow still ended in my list

assassins creed brotherhood (a friend of mine wanted help with oninentrophies but it turned out with my internet I was unable to play online anyway. Still got 1 trophy)

pinball games (got one trophy pretty much instant and then never played again)

other than that I would prefer to clean the games up

I think when I first started trophy hunting I would have deleted a couple of games I knew I couldn't 100%, but as time has gone on I'm not so concerned with the stats. I prefer to look at my profile as a gaming diary, each game with it's own story. Often the incomplete games throw up the more interesting stories.

• Like 2

It would be my dream, but unfortunately that will never happen. There's a lot of crap I would delete right away if given the chance. Easy games aren't shameful; the shame is in playing genuinely bad games, which almost aren't even games, because of a handful of trophies. it's low and dirty. and no, I don't give a damn about completeness and wouldn't use this feature for that purpose.

On 03/09/2022 at 0:37 PM, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

There's 10-15 completed trash games that i'd delete straight away, followed by a couple low % games i'd never actually go back to.

The only way i could see Sony ever implementing this is if they made it a paid service (and i'd happily pay to be able to alter my list in this way)
They'd need to sell £0.99 tokens or something with 1 token being used to delete 1 game along with a 30 second button hold to confirm deletion. 

This would massively cut down on the amount of accidental deletions and lower the chances of hackers bothering to remove trophies from accounts they've accessed.

I have not thought about it. the process of deleting an entire list of trophies should be a relatively complex thing to do, with some sort of authentication and backtracking, like a Facebook account that takes 30 days to permanently delete. interesting answer!

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, XOblivion100 said:

We already have the ability to delete trophy lists that are 0% and we can hide them from other players but is there a possibility that we will be able to delete trophy lists that are higher than 0% in the future? 

Trophies have been around a while now and even deleting 0% took some time, so I guess there's a possibility, but it's unlikely. If anything, it would just be to delete any game people from their trophy list because every single number from 1-99 would be arbitrary and any other limitations would similarly be arbitrary.

• Like 2

I don’t think it’s likely, but being able to reset a trophy list (which would achieve the same goal) is a feature I’d welcome. It would probably not be equally welcomed by players who put effort into high completion rates, though.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Trophies have been around a while now and even deleting 0% took some time, so I guess there's a possibility, but it's unlikely. If anything, it would just be to delete any game people from their trophy list because every single number from 1-99 would be arbitrary and any other limitations would similarly be arbitrary.

If that’s not possible then I hope they will give us the ability to hide trophy lists from ourselves. There’s games that I played a few years ago that I don’t want to reminded of when scrolling through my list.

• Like 1

I would like this feature, but I can't see Sony implementing it as it was mess up all the trophy rarities on PSN, and with the number of games and users, if everyone was messing around and deleting trophies and things, would the server handle this?

Another issue would be if a hacker got into your account and just deleted all your trophies. 

But... I feel this would work if they just did it properly, like when you go to delete a trophy list, have it input your password and do two step verification with your phone, and requiring you to have 2 step verification to delete trophies. That would create some kind of security should a hacker get in. 

I hide number of trophies as I only want games I like on my profile, 15 platinums to be exact. The hidden games are shovelware food games that I obviously want to hide as I cannot delete them. I don't care about the whole accused of cheater thing or whatever, as I know myself I don't cheat, I do not participate in any leaderboard or competitions or other things as I only game as a persand also my account is a reflection of my proper games, so I kept them hidden as it was a mistaken misadventure of the past where i bought them to try increase my completion %. Although I do not care what others think, it would be nice to have more control of our trophy lists, as it looks messy and cluttered if you have tons of random games. 

On 28/03/2020 at 8:39 AM, Arcesius said:

Putting aside that it is not feasible, as stated above... I honestly don't think that Sony cares enough about trophies to make any changes to the system. Hell, if anything, they don't care at all about them, or there would be a better quality control. 

Also, most of the players don't hunt for trophies, so this implementation would be welcome by a very small percentage of buyers. 

Personally, I am against a feature like this. A high-completion profile requires effort and commitment, and would be basically "for free" with this feature. 

Completion % is a thing on this site by the way, it doesn't exist on PSN itself. So as far as Sony is concerned, they would not account for completion % feature or what players who put effort into it have to say since they don't have it, and yeah most people do not hunt trophies so would not care. Plus the % of people who are on this site and using completion % is tiny, considering this is an english site and hence excludes a lot of the non english speaking players, and further limited to just trophy hunters. 

19 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I would like this feature, but I can't see Sony implementing it as it was mess up all the trophy rarities on PSN, and with the number of games and users, if everyone was messing around and deleting trophies and things, would the server handle this?

Another issue would be if a hacker got into your account and just deleted all your trophies. 

But... I feel this would work if they just did it properly, like when you go to delete a trophy list, have it input your password and do two step verification with your phone, and requiring you to have 2 step verification to delete trophies. That would create some kind of security should a hacker get in. 

I hide number of trophies as I only want games I like on my profile, 15 platinums to be exact. The hidden games are shovelware food games that I obviously want to hide as I cannot delete them. I don't care about the whole accused of cheater thing or whatever, as I know myself I don't cheat, I do not participate in any leaderboard or competitions or other things as I only game as a persand also my account is a reflection of my proper games, so I kept them hidden as it was a mistaken misadventure of the past where i bought them to try increase my completion %. Although I do not care what others think, it would be nice to have more control of our trophy lists, as it looks messy and cluttered if you have tons of random games. 

Completion % is a thing on this site by the way, it doesn't exist on PSN itself. So as far as Sony is concerned, they would not account for completion % feature or what players who put effort into it have to say since they don't have it, and yeah most people do not hunt trophies so would not care. Plus the % of people who are on this site and using completion % is tiny, considering this is an english site and hence excludes a lot of the non english speaking players, and further limited to just trophy hunters. 

How do you handle being able to see them when you look through your own trophy list? I’m currently struggling with this lol

• Like 1

all of you guys worried about people being in your account if this gets added?

You guys are the real trophy hunters since you are more worried about your trophies being deleted rather than someone being able to have your personal info, payment on the account, and all the games you have bought digitally over the years (so all the hundreds and hundreds of stacks for press the breakpoint b )

I hide games that I for one reason or another know I will never complete and rather not look at, I dont shoot for a 100% profile anyway I rather just not see games I know I cant plat (looking at you RTS genre)

sort of related: at what point do people stop assuming hidden trophies = cheater? If there is 50 trophies hidden that sort of makes sense but if someone had 1000 trophies hidden I would question how their profile wasn't removed at some point lol 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

You guys are thinking the wrong way...

They should let us upload the trophy list manually if we want to. 

So you can play any game and if you cant 100% it and give up. You can just delete the Game and Profile data and the trophies will be gone. 

Oof I really like this idea. I wonder how it’d work with online trophies though.

I'd like to be able to delete trophies if only because I like keeping things tidy at somepoint.

The actual solution would be to have an option to hide trophies not just from others but yourself. Which doesn't seem like it would be a problem to implement, we can already do it with games/apps etc so why not trophies? Then I can hide that trophy list from myself and keep things more tidy. Out of sight, out of mind as it were. This is not a mindset I imagine is the least bit uncommon either.

Edited by BlaizeV
  • Like 4

Not gonna happen unless you can explain how it is a privacy issue.

Hiding a game/trophy was made because some people play those pervy games and need to hide them...

So with hiding there wasn't really a reason why Sony need to go further and allow deleting.

Maybe if one day Sony release a official site like PSNP, to track and have a community etc, then maybe we get delete.