Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

Nothing above 10%, but the main one I'd like to delete is Free Realms...you couldn't earn trophies in that game unless you paid the monthly subscription to it. But I somehow earned a single trophy when I was playing the free version of it, leaving it at 1% on my list when it never should be there to begin with. 

Street Fighter IV and Max Payne 3 (which are both below 5%), I wouldn't mind either. 

48 minutes ago, Ashande said:

This is the first I’ve heard of this “wrong game glitch.” What’s that?

I have never heard as well. More likely someone was messing with custom firmware. Never ever i have heard of anything like that during 10+ years if trophy hunting

My OCD would love it if I could delete some lists. Like games played by other people on my account 8+ years ago and games I don't like but tried out. These all got added to my account before I cared about trophies.

I also have a bug in my account that causes 4 games to be hidden and I can't unhide them, no matter what I do. So I've just accepted that and I now use the hide feature to remove the things I would want to delete.

1 hour ago, Ashande said:

This is the first I’ve heard of this “wrong game glitch.” What’s that?

Never happened to me, so this is hazy from memory, but IIRC, it was this:

very very early in the PS4 release (literally in the first few days, I think,) there was an incredibly odd, incredibly rare console software glitch, where two different games downloaded at the same time could end up getting their trophy lists “crossed” - unlocking one lists trophies would unlock the other one instead.

It’s notable, because a lot of folks’ first trophies popped on PS4 were an auto-popped stack of Sound Shapes -since that was free to folks who bought the previous version (again, IIRC)

A very small number of folks ended up with crossed-wires, and popping that list, instead Auto-Popped an entire list for some other new game they had downloaded at the same time.

• Like 3

Most of the time I'd like to just play games for fun. Sometimes I push myself to get 100% for games I love. However, even some of those, I'll never get 100% due to lack of online players or online servers being retired. I understand the need to retire servers, but these trophies should be in a separate list allowing gamers to at least get the platinum after the servers are taken offline. I think Sony should implement a standard that all online trophies are in their own lists for this very reason. This makes it so people can still feel the achievement of earning the platinum, but still gives ranking a purpose on sites like this for the S rating. This doesn't mean that platinum won't be difficult, I remember plenty of trophies that didn't require online servers that were quite difficult.

As for deleting trophies, this could be useful. Generally, I wouldn't want this, I'd prefer to own my shortcomings. However, there are a few games that I'd prefer to completely delete because I hated them. I know Sony allows you to delete trophy lists for games that you have 0% in. I think they should expand that to something like 10% or less. This would allow gamers that start a game and hate it to delete it completely from their history.

Another thing that I believe could use some better programming are the DLC trophy lists. I realize that these have a place, but not always. I have plenty of games where I didn't purchase the DLC, so why do these trophies apply to me? Honestly, this is nothing but a way for Sony to push DLCs on players, It's one thing to promote DLCs, but another to make users feel like they are required to purchase this content. Yes, I understand the difference, but there are plenty who don't. In particular this applies to kids who don't understand the difference between wants and needs. There are already cases where tech companies are in trouble for not understanding the mental implications for their wanton need for profits.

Sorry for the rant, hope someone enjoyed my opinions. ?

• Like 1

It would be good, I think, if Sony allowed us to delete perhaps up to 5 lists only or something (excluding 0%). That way it wouldn’t get out of hand and be abused but it would be there in “emergencies” like if you get a hacked trophy on your account for example. 

There are actually one or two 100% games on my profile I’d like to delete because of getting hacked trophies online or because a friend played a game on my account way back. Silly things like that I’d love to get rid of. I’ve hidden them but would much rather them gone completely. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 1:51 AM, AN0n1m8 said:

What about if Sony allows you to delete trophies on your account? Would you delete your incompleted games? Those 100% impossibles? Or just keep 'em all? I know that most of the players have an annoying PES, FIFA, NBA or any sports game that can't be completed because servers closed.

In my case, i only have three games that i can't complete at 100%. Killzone 2 (VGC), GTA V (Run like the wind) and Gran Turismo 5 (circuit and photo share). I have GTA V near the 100% and i really think that Rockstar will fix it one day, so i would only erase the other two.

By the way... do you think that this will be possible someday? Or the trophies will be earnables in the future (without being flagged)?

I know what i said is crazy, but dreaming is free, you know...

I would not no matter if they're forever unobtainable

Whilst being able to delete games with a low % (other than 0%) would be a nice feature to have for those who want it, I don't think I'd be able to make use of it. I'm a big believer in being proud of your profile and having your achievements on display, the good and the bad, the complete and the incomplete, for better or worse. Deleting stuff I've already earned trophies in wouldn't sit right with me. It feels like cheating to me. 

There are definitely some benefits. Being able to delete games with unobtainables, permanently glitched trophies, or perhaps even deleting a bunch of ezpz completions because you no longer want to play those games or be associated with them. But there are also some drawbacks imo, drawbacks which outweigh the benefits. I think the current system where you can delete 0% lists is enough. You didn't earn any trophies, no harm, no foul. I think for the overall integrity of the trophy system it should stay like that. 

• Like 3

Yes, I’d delete a whole load. Mostly free to play online games that I’m never going to have the time or skill to 100% that keep releasing new trophy updates! Also several titles that I started and didn’t enjoy like shadow of Mordor. I wouldn’t delete the one game I have which has an unachievable plat because I enjoyed playing it and like having it on my profile. 

I'd delete the ones I already have hidden, so stuff like Sing Star with one trophy from back when I didn't care about trophies and popped it by accident, that Soul Calibur online game. 2 or 3 gaming mistakes, as in games I expected to like but they turned out to be torture to play so I hid them instead of forcing myself to finish them. 

I'd leave everything else alone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

I'd delete the ones I already have hidden, so stuff like Sing Star with one trophy from back when I didn't care about trophies and popped it by accident, that Soul Calibur online game. 2 or 3 gaming mistakes, as in games I expected to like but they turned out to be torture to play so I hid them instead of forcing myself to finish them. 

I'd leave everything else alone. 

That's what I'd do as well, but I don't mind hiding my barely played games. My profile is more for myself and looking back at the games I liked rather than a bragging showpiece of my gaming.

On 23.3.2018 at 7:51 AM, AN0n1m8 said:

Would you delete your incompleted games?

I would delete games with only one trophy that I thoroughly dislike.

Examples:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3091-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth/R4M_Razr

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2240-need-for-speed-rivals/R4M_Razr

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1656-retro-city-rampage/R4M_Razr

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10876-whiteboyz-wit-attitude-the-pursuit-of-money/R4M_Razr

Other than that, no, I wouldn't delete anything. This would eventually result in limiting myself based on which games can or cannot be completed. I'm not willing to jeopardize my hobby for bullshit reasons.

Edited by R4M Razr