Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

There's a few games I'd like to delete from my profile, but my motivation wouldn't have anything to do with upping my completion percentage or concerns about unobtainable trophies. I would delete games that I detested, either because they were inherently bad, or they just didn't click with my personal enjoyment at all, even if those games are generally considered to be good by many others. If I got even a little bit of enjoyment from a game, I wouldn't delete it. It would be more about eliminating my personal eyesores, rather than trying to bolster my trophy hunting prowess.

For me, those games would be:

Call of Duty: Black Ops (I am aware this game has a rabid fan base; I am not among them)

Mighty No. 9

Bombing Busters

Dead Rising (I just don't get the appeal at all)

Adam's Venture: Origins (I'd be forfeiting a platinum with this one. My most regrettable plat by far)

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Shake Spears!

The Outer Worlds (Another game that really didn't jive with me for whatever reason)

Momonga Pinball Adventures

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only lists I would perma-delete if given the chance, are the 0% ones for games I bought but ultimately gave up on for whatever reason and never got beyond the first save point.

You can already delete 0% games.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

I would only delete Terraria, cause its unplayable on console the controls legit cramp your hands in 5 minutes and are just completely aids. I have over 2k hours on Steam with Terraria, I love the game.

Everything that isn't completed or platinumed, are my own mistakes and I have no regrets about those titles, and no complaints either.

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only lists I would perma-delete if given the chance, are the 0% ones for games I bought but ultimately gave up on for whatever reason and never got beyond the first save point.

On PS4, you have been able to delete 0% lists for many years. Simply go to your trophy section, highlight the game in question, press the OPTIONS button and get rid of the list. Easy.

Edited by R4M Razr

5 minutes ago, R4M Razr said:

On PS4, you have been able to delete 0% lists for many years. Simply go to your trophy section, highlight the game in question, press the OPTIONS button and get rid of the list. Easy.

I thought all that option did was hide the list from public view whilst keeping it intact when viewed locally?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

huh?

this has been a feature for years

I'm genuinely surprised u don't know about this 

There's 10-15 completed trash games that i'd delete straight away, followed by a couple low % games i'd never actually go back to.

The only way i could see Sony ever implementing this is if they made it a paid service (and i'd happily pay to be able to alter my list in this way)
They'd need to sell £0.99 tokens or something with 1 token being used to delete 1 game along with a 30 second button hold to confirm deletion. 

This would massively cut down on the amount of accidental deletions and lower the chances of hackers bothering to remove trophies from accounts they've accessed.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've known about this feature since it was added but never used it, because I was under the impression it only hid the lists rather than deleting them.

It fully deletes 0% lists, but 0% lists are the only ones you can delete. For any list at 1% or higher, hiding is your only option.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Never happened to me, so this is hazy from memory, but IIRC, it was this:

very very early in the PS4 release (literally in the first few days, I think,) there was an incredibly odd, incredibly rare console software glitch, where two different games downloaded at the same time could end up getting their trophy lists “crossed” - unlocking one lists trophies would unlock the other one instead.

It’s notable, because a lot of folks’ first trophies popped on PS4 were an auto-popped stack of Sound Shapes -since that was free to folks who bought the previous version (again, IIRC)

A very small number of folks ended up with crossed-wires, and popping that list, instead Auto-Popped an entire list for some other new game they had downloaded at the same time.

Yep, that's  the one. Thanks for stepping in with a clearer explanation then I could give. It wasn't a whole list for me, and it wasn't sound shapes related, but I have 1 trophy from a game I never played. It happened just like you said, I was downloading 2 ps plus games for the month and one finished first, I started playing it, and ended up popping a trophy in the other one.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone would delete their trophies just so they could go back and earn them all again? I can see a certain appeal to that, though I can’t think of any games off the top of my head I would do that on. (Maybe Binding of Isaac?)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashande said:

I wonder if anyone would delete their trophies just so they could go back and earn them all again? I can see a certain appeal to that, though I can’t think of any games off the top of my head I would do that on. (Maybe Binding of Isaac?)

I would love to do that for fallout 3 and new vegas, south park, and several others

As for deleting to clear from my list, I have two extremely low % games hidden I'd love to permanently get rid of, but I'll keep my 3 unobtainables

49 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've known about this feature since it was added but never used it, because I was under the impression it only hid the lists rather than deleting them.

its says delete tho, not hide :P

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

It would be nice if there was a '1 hour trial' period where it gave you the option to delete any trophy (lists) earned in your first hour of playing, or perhaps if you could delete lists where you had only earned up to 2 trophies, or something along those lines.  I think most of my hidden trophies are from games where I only got 1 or 2 trophies and didn't continue playing after the first hour or so.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

8 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

It fully deletes 0% lists, but 0% lists are the only ones you can delete. For any list at 1% or higher, hiding is your only option.

7 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

its says delete tho, not hide :P

To be fair, I assume Sony is still keeping track of it but yeah, when deleting 0% games your PSN profile will look like you never played them.

On topic: No, I wouldn't. I see my profile as a real trophy log. In hindsight and if I could go back in time I wouldn't play certain games though but now it is what it is and changing up my milestones would bother me more, that's why I also will never hide any game.

Edited by woggly4

If it were structured like deleting a guide on this site where you get a delay of multiple weeks in order to change your mind and with prominent warning text every time you view the list so that you don't accidentally delete something at 3am or fall victim to malicious hacking? Yes, absolutely. I'm okay with just hiding certain games from my profile to "clean it" of garbage like Injustice and Rayman 3 that I'm never, ever, EVER going to go back and complete...but it would be much more satisfying/thorough to delete those lists off my profile forever so that I also don't see them when scrolling through my lists on my PS3/4/5 trophy screens.

8 hours ago, Ashande said:

I might for a couple games, but certainly not over and over on repeat.