Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

6 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

I completely understand what you mean, but when I was referring to "True 100% account", I was referring to those accounts that actually have a decent amount of games, that are actual games & not just shovelware or VNs. & When I was referring to the hiding games I was more referring to when people run into a game that's too difficult/they don't want to finish so they hide it to maintain 100%. I guess by your logic though my list would perfectly fit your definition of "impressive" though since I got all the KH plats (minus some PS4 stacks).

I see, I suppose then there shouldn't really be a problem with hiding games if people want to hide shovelware/VNs/Japanese girl games, since those wouldn't decrease a completion %. I think it is totally fine to hide games like shovelware if one does not want to show them. I usually don't look at other peoples profiles so I never pay much attention to other peoples profiles other than my own profile, but when I do look, I look at what platinums they have rather than completion %, no. of platinums/ quality of platinums always just seems more impressive than a high completion % which is super easy to do by just avoiding games one is not good at. You do have a lot of good also time consuming platinums on your profile. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with starting a game and not finishing it, why would one want to torture themselves to continue a crap/difficult/boring game just for completion % is beyond me, although for me gaming is simply a hobby on the side.  I do not compete or do online or anything, I know that with the millions of profiles out there and all those leaderboard people with thousands of plats, no one is going to bother with my little profile with less than 100 plats. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I wonder if deleting lists would cause issues with flagged games on here? 

I would assume if this feature ever did become a reality, the CRT team would have an internal system to record instances of cheating, to prevent those accounts from being on the leaderboard. I'd also assume they already have a resource that we can't view that records this info.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

• 9 months later...

I would never delete anything because it was too difficult or required a massive grind to complete like White Knight Chronicles or Star Wars Pinball for example.

I would get rid of the ones with 1 or 2 trophies that auto-popped soon after installation until I was ready to play them. 

I'd also get rid of a few games that I really have no actual interest in from a time when I played whatever I could get my hands on like Sideway of Foosball 2012, but there's only about 3 or 4 of those.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! So I noticed Sony has been asking players for feedback on there satisfaction with the trophy system. This led to me and some friends chatting about the changes they could implement. The main one we spoke about was the ability to delete trophy lists from your profile and it was divisive.

I’m just wondering what are your thoughts on the ability to delete trophy lists from your profile?.

Im on the fence about the idea but leaning on the don’t allow it side as I feel it will make the completion rate stat completely redundant and ultimately misrepresent profiles and blur the line of who is truly a completionist and who isn’t. 

I my self have manny unobtainable trophy’s due to servers going of on some older titles and games I just straight up didn’t enjoy. It bugs me a lot I’ll never be able to get platinums and 100% on some games and I want them so bad but I’m looking at the bigger picture here and am not going to push Sony to change things just so I can personally achieve 100% on my profile. I do believe a lot of people who would push for this Delete lists feature are looking at it from the point of view of “Then I can finally get 100% completion rate” but I think we need to look at the bigger picture.

But once again I’m on the fence and pretty neutral and am really interested to here and take in what others think and will take it all in. 

on the flip it would solve the issue of dead online trophies but there’s pros and cons to all of it on both sides.

Remember we’re all on the same side here guys and that’s PlayStation so let’s try keep it respectful as we’re talking for the greater good here hopefully.

what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I couldn't care less either way since I'd never use it but if this was to be implemented, there would have to be strict security measures and restrictions added to ensure hackers and family members couldn't do it without you knowing about it. A cool off period would be needed as well for at least 7 days so if you either change your mind or some little bastard manages to hack your account (or your little brother/sister somehow manages to do it) you have a chance of getting any missing trophies back.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

If this is implemented, what's the point in the whole trophy system because nearly all profiles will have 100% completion list instead of showing the timeline when playing games while earning trophies and those you haven't got 🤷.

I have games that I have unearned trophies for which I'll never get the platinum/100% and I wouldn't delete them just because I haven't got that shiny platinum as I see the trophies on my profile as part of my gaming journey

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 3

You can hide trophies. I don't really see a big difference to be honest. If anything, hiding is better because playing those games is part of your gaming history and should be part of your profile - even as hidden games others can't see.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I couldn't care less either way since I'd never use it but if this was to be implemented, there would have to be strict security measures and restrictions added to ensure hackers and family members couldn't do it without you knowing about it. A cool off period would be needed as well for at least 7 days so if you either change your mind or some little bastard manages to hack your account (or your little brother/sister somehow manages to do it) you have a chance of getting any missing trophies back.

this would be pretty easy.just do what steam does with deleted games, remove them from the owners list but keep them connected on the back end so they can be reinstated.

personally i'd just want to remove the games i actually just hated rather than whatever i might not be able to complete, i don't care much for 100% completion.

and i guess the 3 vita trophy sets that came with the used vita i bought.

Edited by KirbyLlama
  • Like 1

I think it's a dumb idea because adding the ability to delete trophy lists is a recipe for disaster unless Sony adds some kind of security measure like huntingfever said. Imagine someone "accidentally" deletes your hard earned trophy list that you spent months on.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

All this feature would do is make the trophy community more toxic than it already is and increase the amount of elitists that exist.

If you boot up a game and fail to plat it then you should own and accept that or strive to get better and one day overcome it

Unobtainables due to online are obviously a case of the risk you take when you play a game with online late into it's lifecycle again something that should be owned

Even the hide feature I have only used for games that younger family members booted up on my account.

Hunters should own their lists both their successes and their failures

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Totally against it. Everyone would get a 100% profile, lmao.

Why? Anybody can still get 100% all you have to do is hide the game and you can get 100% So makes no difference??? I think games that pop a trophy right when you start the game is nonsense cause 5 mins in you may be thinking I will never play this game again but your stuck with that 1 trophy!! so, your statement is wrong just hide all the games and you have 100% 

6 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Why? Anybody can still get 100% all you have to do is hide the game and you can get 100% So makes no difference??? I think games that pop a trophy right when you start the game is nonsense cause 5 mins in you may be thinking I will never play this game again but your stuck with that 1 trophy!! so, your statement is wrong just hide all the games and you have 100% 

Difference being that if you hide a game, you have the blue H telling everyone, so it's kinda obvious it would be a "false" 100% profile. If you could hypothetically delete a list, no one will ever know.

Regarding the fact you may earn Trophies so early in the game that you don't know you would enjoy it or not... Well, if you really care that much about your precious 100%, you should know there are risks to take to keep it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Get close look at videos of the game, a look at the Trophy list and guides, and you should know if a game is worth risking your 100% for. Trophies easy to earn early on are a factor to consider.

By the way I have already said multiple times how 100% profiles, while technically impressive, are more trouble than worth. Deleting lists would make them less impressive to me. I'm more than happy with my 95-99% range.

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think you overestimate how many people would care enough to do that.

Well maybe you're right. Not "everyone" but definitely a lot of folks would do it.

I don’t really see deleting lists as being something needed, considering you can already hide lists, or delete 0% ones…

…but if they were to allow deleting list with above 0%, I would think the best way to implement it wouldn’t be a “fixed” percentage of trophies, but a timed limit from list installation on the profile. 

If you could delete a list up to 48 hours after first loading the game, for example, it would let people delete a game they just don’t jive with, but would avoid any of these “hackers deleted my trophies!” or “everyone has a 100% Profile” type concerns.

• Like 2