Games that you can platinum without finishing the story

The_Kopite

I hear Undertale is the same situation, you can platinum the game without ever having to finish the story which is just stupid to me.

All games should have you beat the story at least once.

Teslagrad doesn't require you to beat to the story as all of it's trophies are tied to scrolls you can obtain throughout the levels.

Just now, GOZ_35 said:

Trine 2 if I do not remember wrong

Trine 2? Nope, at least on ps4...you have to finish all the 20 levels on hard with hardcore mode for the "walk in the park trophy" and grab all the collectibles too so...

Ups, sorry, i see the ps3 version is easier to plat, my bad ?

Edited by fabiansc83

7 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

Trine 2? Nope, at least on ps4...you have to finish all the 20 levels on hard with hardcore mode for the "walk in the park trophy" and grab all the collectibles too so...

The PS3 version is very different -- you can platinum it without even getting halfway through the game.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is another one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also Rayman Origins, but if memory serves that's just because of a beneficial glitch that lets you earn the same medallion repeatedly. There's no trophy for the final boss/completing the game specifically, just for earning all medallions, so you can avoid it by using the glitch.

• Like 1

Are you asking about games with platinum that don’t require to kill the final boss or the game?

Because if I remember correctly, Trine 2 can be platinum almost at the “beginning” of the game (level 6?), All other cases mentioned, you still need to complete almost 99% of the game, just a battle from platinum. So there is no compare a game that can be platinum in 5h instead of 10h to a game that you still need to play 10h instead of 10h and 10 minutes (a final boss battle or an epilogue sequence).

A way out is the same thing? Can you plat it under some of hours of finishing the story?

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I hear Undertale is the same situation, you can platinum the game without ever having to finish the story which is just stupid to me.

I can confirm this. I stopped after I earned platinum. I caught the rest of the story and various endings watching my kids play it.

I finished Jazzpunk, Teslagrad, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons after getting all of the trophies because I enjoyed those games but I had no hesitation when it came to turning off Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space because that game was garbage.

I do find it odd when a developer doesn't include a trophy for at least completing their game. If I were compiling a trophy list for a game I had created that would be the first one I'd make sure was included.

Funny you mention A Way Out, because the only other game the company who made that game has made (Brothers) has the same thing, althought it doesn't have a platinum, you don't need to finish the story to get the 100%.