Delisted

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

COJ Gunslinger has been delisted in NA. It's still available for purchase at gamestop.com, and (as of right now) is still available in Europe (And possibly other regions as well). It's no longer on the NA PSN store, XBL, or Steam. 

That's strange- is there any reason why they would delist it? This one doesn't even have online.

Thanks for the heads up!

Report it to Delisted Games while you're at it. Well i already have it from PS+ anyway.

EDIT: still available in Europe but exclusively through this: https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP0001-NPEJ00174_00-B000000000000517

EDIT 2: it's already listed in DG. They also delisted The Cartel for Steam and Xbox 360.

Edited by Lance_87

24 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

That makes very little sense. Once you buy a digital or physical game, you own it. Both can also be pulled from stores. Yes, physical has a used market so you can still purchase it after it's pulled, but before it's delisted it doesn't matter if you purchase it digitally or physically. Digital games have no more risk than physical in this regard. Your "glorified rental" analogy also doesn't make sense since you state you can still play games after they are delisted.

Thing is I can still play old games from past generations from someone online or on eBay. Sure it’s used but at least I can say I truly own the game because it’s physical. I don’t see the point since you just play on your computer via emulator or simply buy a rerelease if the game on a modern console. But both are digital. 

Buying digital is is a bigger risk. The option is there via link to download the games. Like the Adventure Time Games that were announced to get pulled. 

But if you wanted to add a game to your digital library that is delisted, then you’re screwed. If you want to play those games then you have to gameshare, and that is a even bigger risk since you are sharing account information. 

Whenever there is a physical copy of a game I will generally take that over a digital version available via the PS Store. I own Shovel Knight, Megaman Legacy Collection Vols 1 & 2 via physical. I will still own the copies of the games in years to come. 

With the internet anything can happen. Owning everything digitally is not the safest investment.

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

Do publishers have to pay Sony some kind of fee to keep a game on the store? If they do maybe at some point it's just not worth it anymore.

If the games have some licensing crap there's no "fee" that can keep them listed.

Also aren't there games made by companies that don't exist anymore? Or are they automatically delisted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 23/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, EqualityEarth said:

To clarify for anyone still looking, you won’t find it by searching the titles themselves, or even in the shooter genre. The compilation is listed in “all games” as Bundle CoJ Gunslinger + FC Blood Dragon.

I assume is only on UK Store? 

13 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

I don't know, I can't scratch my digital copies and make them unreadable, nor do they take up space.  just throwing that out there

I can't have my physical copies taken out of my download list (yes, this does happen) or lose them if I lose access to my account.  Has nothing to do with the topic, so what's your point?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

I assume is only on UK Store? 

It is also available in the Turkish store with Far Cry Blood Dragon. I advise using PsDeals website on web browser to check availability in other regions.

3 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

I don't know, I can't scratch my digital copies and make them unreadable, nor do they take up space.  just throwing that out there

The game is not available physically, what is your point lol

Edited by Fiercethetear
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...