Floorkiller74

Delisted

15 posts in this topic

COJ Gunslinger has been delisted in NA. It's still available for purchase at gamestop.com, and (as of right now) is still available in Europe (And possibly other regions as well). It's no longer on the NA PSN store, XBL, or Steam. 

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

COJ Gunslinger has been delisted in NA. It's still available for purchase at gamestop.com, and (as of right now) is still available in Europe (And possibly other regions as well). It's no longer on the NA PSN store, XBL, or Steam. 

That's strange- is there any reason why they would delist it? This one doesn't even have online.

Thanks for the heads up!

This is why I will always purchase physical copies over digital copies.

41 minutes ago, jdmcb7 said:

This is why I will always purchase physical copies over digital copies.

Doesn't apply to this game.

Do publishers have to pay Sony some kind of fee to keep a game on the store? If they do maybe at some point it's just not worth it anymore.

24 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

That makes very little sense. Once you buy a digital or physical game, you own it. Both can also be pulled from stores. Yes, physical has a used market so you can still purchase it after it's pulled, but before it's delisted it doesn't matter if you purchase it digitally or physically. Digital games have no more risk than physical in this regard. Your "glorified rental" analogy also doesn't make sense since you state you can still play games after they are delisted.

Thing is I can still play old games from past generations from someone online or on eBay. Sure it’s used but at least I can say I truly own the game because it’s physical. I don’t see the point since you just play on your computer via emulator or simply buy a rerelease if the game on a modern console. But both are digital. 

Buying digital is is a bigger risk. The option is there via link to download the games. Like the Adventure Time Games that were announced to get pulled. 

But if you wanted to add a game to your digital library that is delisted, then you’re screwed. If you want to play those games then you have to gameshare, and that is a even bigger risk since you are sharing account information. 

Whenever there is a physical copy of a game I will generally take that over a digital version available via the PS Store. I own Shovel Knight, Megaman Legacy Collection Vols 1 & 2 via physical. I will still own the copies of the games in years to come. 

With the internet anything can happen. Owning everything digitally is not the safest investment.

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

Do publishers have to pay Sony some kind of fee to keep a game on the store? If they do maybe at some point it's just not worth it anymore.

If the games have some licensing crap there's no "fee" that can keep them listed.

Also aren't there games made by companies that don't exist anymore? Or are they automatically delisted?

Accidentally bought 2 copies of this from gamestop.

Here's the extra code for whoever wants it.

BT6M-PENH-L74T

56 minutes ago, SajoAtine said:

Accidentally bought 2 copies of this from gamestop.

Here's the extra code for whoever wants it.

BT6M-PENH-L74T

Thanks SajoAtine  :D:)

Still delisted... Was there any physical copy released?

It looks like all the Call of Juarez games were delisted on PSN and still haven't been put back up. How lame.