Considering starting fresh, opinions?

bhaveshh

Cheers everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it. I've decided to take the plunge and make a new account, I may as well before it's too late. Now I just need to come up with a new name...

Edited by NuttyPyro
  • Like 1

Personally, I would never do that but that has to do with me being attached to my name. I can't play anything online unless I can use it.

Also, I wouldn't like to have a 100% completion because that would "force" me to keep it that way.

On top of that, I like looking back at it and remember the times when I played certain games, be it for a short time or long. Of course I don't have a bunch of whatever free games from PSN+ that don't mean anything to me, all I played was my decision and I bought them on my own will.

So, in short, I'll say do it if you don't care about your name and history, but be warned that you may feel "forced" to keep your new 100% completion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Good luck to you. Are you going to organize your titles to play in some order early on?

Yeah, I suppose while I have the chance to I'm going to make one of my favourite games like Red Dead Redemption one of my first plats or something like that

6 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Personally, I would never do that but that has to do with me being attached to my name. I can't play anything online unless I can use it.

Also, I wouldn't like to have a 100% completion because that would "force" me to keep it that way.

On top of that, I like looking back at it and remember the times when I played certain games, be it for a short time or long. Of course I don't have a bunch of whatever free games from PSN+ that don't mean anything to me, all I played was my decision and I bought them on my own will.

So, in short, I'll say do it if you don't care about your name and history, but be warned that you may feel "forced" to keep your new 100% completion.

I'm not going to aim for 100% completion because I don't want to not play certain games just because the plat is too hard or it's unobtainable but I'll probably aim for something over 50%

I did it before for similar reasons.

I had an old account lava_princeton, which had 4 pretty time consuming platinums: FFXIII, XIII-2, Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces. I just redid the platinums on this account as I loved those games anyway and did not mind doing them again. Maybe FF13 was a bit of a pain, but it was easier platinuming games the second time as you already know the roadmap, missables, things to look out for. You can also skip all the scenes and power through, so it's not actually that bad.

I still have that old account but haven't logged into in months. 

• 3 weeks later...

Im Actually gona start a new account with the almost the same PSN name as this one. I always wanted too have 100% completion account and going for Older series like God Of War/ Dead Space/ Hitman's and so on Agein. With this account I have too many closed games and a few titles i dont wanna bother finish like Uncharted 3 PS3 DLC I am Nr 1 in my country. So starting a new account. I may lose my Nr 1 spot about in a year or so. Who knows i might even catch my self in 4 or 5 years or so :) If i really gona play on the new account. As for this account i feel getting platinums now. is like nothing anymore, Nothing special about it. And if im gona make a new account i have to do it now. Cuz the PS3/Vita servers wont be open for too long maybe 1 or 2 years tops. So i dont wanna miss out the good ps3 online games. And i wanna do something that i dont know anyone else have done. Too start a new account when having a PSN level 77 with 449 plats And nr 1 spot in theyr country. Lets see how this goes :) 

Im not gona quit on this account. Just gona be a long pause and see.

Edited by Tomy_IV

7 minutes ago, Tomy_IV said:

Im Actually gona start a new account with the almost the same PSN name as this one. I always wanted too have 100% completion account and going for Older series like God Of War/ Dead Space/ Hitman's and so on Agein. With this account I have too many closed games and a few titles i dont wanna bother finish like Uncharted 3 PS3 DLC I am Nr 1 in my country. So starting a new account. I may lose my Nr 1 spot about in a year or so. Who knows i might even catch my self in 4 or 5 years or so :) If i really gona play on the new account. As for this account i feel getting platinums now. is like nothing anymore, Nothing special about it. And if im gona make a new account i have to do it now. Cuz the PS3/Vita servers wont be open for too long maybe 1 or 2 years tops. So i dont wanna miss out the good ps3 online games. And i wanna do something that i dont know anyone else have done. Too start a new account when having a PSN level 77 with 449 plats And nr 1 spot in theyr country. Lets see how this goes :) 

Im not gona quit on this account. Just gona be a long pause and see.

Wow! That's pretty crazy to see a #1 rank do this. I think you'll find it fun to climb through the ranks again. 

• Like 1

I just do my own thing. I honestly couldn't care less about what anybody else thinks of my profile, I put the games I want to play and that's all there is to it.

I have a few alts I use mostly to try and test out games I already bought before I decide to put them on my account. One of my alts is just going to be used to platinum and finish games I enjoyed playing the first time around. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis is probably overall my favorite collection of games in years, it has an easy platinum and I grew up playing Sega Genesis games so this was a must have for me.

These days I just don't have time to start all over again, because replaying all the games I've completed would just be an absolute nightmare. Certain games, like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Magus, Welcome Park and others I have no intention of ever starting again because I did not enjoy them much at all. Other games like LA Noire, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Sleeping Dogs I do plan to play again at some point, because I really loved them.

With work, school and family to look after I can't start fresh from the very beginning. It's either I continue to play on this account or I completely move on to another hobby.

• Like 1

I also did the same thing back in 2014. And for the same reason like you but my account was huge, with few unobtainable games or games that i didn't bother to finish up. I do add games incomplete on my profile right now, but i always go after the online trophies first. So, i don't have to worry about that later on.

Your profile is luckily not that huge, so it is perfect to start over.

The only thing, that you might need to look out for is if you care about your % completion is researching each game that you put on your list, before earning a trophy. So you don't have to deal with games that are unobtainable etc.

Good luck.

If you go for 100%, you will always get screwed over in the end. It also becomes an obsession and you start picking games based on it and waste a lot of the time of your life on stupid trophies you're not having any fun getting, and you'll likely be screwed over in the end by something. If not a broken trophy, or unreleased DLC, then it might just be some DLC trophy that is simply way too difficult or impossible. It also just looks suspect.

You got 59 games on your profile. You can easily get like 80%.

1. Finish TWD.
  2. Finish the Sam & Max episode.
  3. Jetpack Joyride is just a grind, you may also just pay some few bucks for stuff that gives you a huge boost.
  4. You can definitely do better in LBP1.
  5. At least play Sonic Generations to the end.
  6. Finish your playthrough of KZ2.
  7. Finish Skyrim, do note that the game has some level up exploit and fortify glitch that can make you literally invincible.
  8. Finish your playthrough of Deus Ex Human Revolution.

etc etc, most of this will boost your completion.

• Like 4

You do what you'd like to do. I've considered it in the past for multiple reasons:

• My trophies per month graph that is on this site really shows when I was fairly inactive on playstation before grabbing a PS4.
  • Some of the games that are on my list that I played (mostly back then) but didn't like (7 Days to Die, Tricky Towers, The Killing Floor 2, etc.)
  • I'm not a huge fan of my PSN name, but hopefully we'll be able to change usernames by the end of 2018.

But, on the contrary, I've amassed a decent number of platinums. Some easy and some difficult / time consuming. While some games I wouldn't mind going for again, there are a few that I couldn't bear going for the platinum again (Overwatch, Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour, GTA V, etc). Also, I've purchased a ton of Rock Band DLC on this account, so it'd be too much for me to "abandon" this account.

Edited by ARB1992

I would probably use the search engine to find the dozens of threads all with the similar topic. Because that way you could see what every person has already typed in as it is always the same answers over and over and over.

But seriously it is your games, do whatever you want to do.  I mean you have 9 plats and they are in games that you could replat in like 2 weeks...tops. So I don't know if this really warrants a thread where you are unsure of what to do. Especially when your goal is "over 50% completion"

Also I have worked with people with legit OCD...where they can't leave a room without washing their hands exactly 22 times, so I get a little annoyed when people claim to have "OCD" when they really mean "I wish I could have a higher completion %"

Edited by Dr_Mayus

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also I have worked with people with legit OCD...where they can't leave a room without washing their hands exactly 22 times, so I get a little annoyed when people claim to have "OCD" when they really mean "I wish I could have a higher completion %"

I once helped a certain person with some difficult game, like guiding him. (No, to all you obsessive haters, it wasn't Demon's Souls, I don't even consider that game difficult, and I didn't get paid.) He would often comment on my profile, how I wasn't going for 100%. How I should go back to certain games. How I probably wish I had done so before, but that it looked like I was doing this more recently. Maybe I could do it with PS4. etc etc. Seemed pretty obsessed with it, and I was just frank with him. I just don't care that much, but he would continue making these kinds of comments from time to time. Anyway, that's the kind of person who got "OCD".

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I once helped a certain person with some difficult game, like guiding him. (No, to all you obsessive haters, it wasn't Demon's Souls, I don't even consider that game difficult, and I didn't get paid.) He would often comment on my profile, how I wasn't going for 100%. How I should go back to certain games. How I probably wish I had done so before, but that it looked like I was doing this more recently. Maybe I could do it with PS4. etc etc. Seemed pretty obsessed with it, and I was just frank with him. I just don't care that much, but he would continue making these kinds of comments from time to time. Anyway, that's the kind of person who got "OCD".

I just don't get. I am enjoying trying to get my completion up and playing old games on my account but I know there are some games I can't 100% or don't want to so I will never get 100% completion...but I will get it as high as I can.

34 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I just don't get. I am enjoying trying to get my completion up and playing old games on my account but I know there are some games I can't 100% or don't want to so I will never get 100% completion...but I will get it as high as I can.

Yeah same for me. I got Sly Cooper Thieves In Time on VITA witch i really hate to play. And started to cross save a few trophies on the PS3 version (autopopping them from my Vita playtrough). My playtrough will be on the VITA since that has normal time stamps earned on the trophies.

But everytime when i play it i quit the game after an hour because i got so bored of it. Same thing for Metrico (VITA) and The Hungry Horde is too challenging for me, or maybe i need to get into it that game is hard as shit. But i don't think i will get a 100% account either.

But i do have have no unobtainable games, witch is good. So i'm not worry about my completion rate.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, MMDE said:

If you go for 100%, you will always get screwed over in the end. It also becomes an obsession and you start picking games based on it and waste a lot of the time of your life on stupid trophies you're not having any fun getting, and you'll likely be screwed over in the end by something. If not a broken trophy, or unreleased DLC, then it might just be some DLC trophy that is simply way too difficult or impossible. It also just looks suspect.

The highest I can possibly go for is 95 percent completion. Anything beyond that is just extra credit.

Since this website has gotten a lot more relaxed towards people getting the Run Like the Wind trophy in the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto, I guess I'm technically not locked out on any trophies.

But things like getting 100 percent in Uncharted 3 is virtually impossible for me. I absolutely hate boosting and generally avoid it unless I feel I absolutely have to do it.

Sometime this summer I'm going to go back to Brotherhood, Revelations, III, Black Flag and Unity and try to get all the online trophies done. I may not get everything but I'll try my best.

It's more important to just enjoy the games you have at your own leisurely pace.

On 4/28/2018 at 0:58 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

Yeah same for me. I got Sly Cooper Thieves In Time on VITA witch i really hate to play. And started to cross save a few trophies on the PS3 version (autopopping them from my Vita playtrough). My playtrough will be on the VITA since that has normal time stamps earned on the trophies.

The loading times suck. Thieves in Time definitely wasn't good on keeping good loading times, plus the game isn't all that great in my opinion. I was glad to get it done.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/04/2018 at 1:42 PM, NuttyPyro said:

Cheers everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it. I've decided to take the plunge and make a new account, I may as well before it's too late. Now I just need to come up with a new name...

I went from (Big_Ass_DSP) to (Classic-DSP) there is nothing wrong with that - and good luck with your new account.