Cj's Parting 8 - Game 1 Draw Coming May 14th New Poll/Thread for Game 2

7 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I voted for Nier Automata of course. I see Persona is winning & by all means, you could go & pick shit from menus for 80 hours but the Nier option means you could play something that's truly special. It has adjustable difficulty if the combat is being a bugger (I didn't use it but I'm sure it's helpful) & you can even buy the grindier trophies in-game. It also has this great opressive atmosphere leaving the player feeling totally down & empty afterwards which is something everyone could do with once in a while imo.

I see you haven't played Persona 5, that's pretty obvious from this post. I myself haven't played Nier yet so I will believe you when you (and many others) say it's something truly special. However, your statement on Persona 5 is simply incorrect, most likely because you haven't played it. Persona 5 is also something truly special. It's so much more than just ''picking shit from menus for 80 hours''. The story is immersive, the characters are memorable and you truly bond with them, the music is top notch and the combat is very good. Yes, it's turn-based and you might not be a fan of that but it's undeniably very good turn-based combat. I hope @cjshaitan gets to experience Persona 5, I hope I get to experience Nier soon and maybe you should try out Persona 5 as well ;).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks to everyone that has voted. Thanks also for the comments it is great to see everyone's votes and I look forward to playing whatever is chosen, everything on the list interests me. At this stage it looks like Persona 5 will get up which is great. I can't see myself doing the 2 playthroughs for the plat but definitely one, I am passed looking at guides for games I just want to enjoy. So a blind play through and we shall see where everything sits from there. Pretty sure the $100 PSN card is firmly in play here 263a.png

I will change up the list a bit for next month but most of the games will stay the same so there is a still a chance for FF and Nier, we shall see.

Firstly, thank you for your generosity. It'll be sad to see you go, I've always enjoyed chatting and playing with you. I'll probably vote for Rise Of The Tomb Raider later on in the year, I did promise I'd do the co-op with you.

Have fun with Persona 5, that's my vote this time. I'll soon be starting my Metal Gear Solid run ?

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

P5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I'll  always be choosing the long ones...for...reasons :P

Oh so the "parting" is you parting from your hatred for completion and actually finishing things that aren't VNs.  I knew you played very little of games I did think it would be more like 10-15 min though....I mean 5???

Edited by MrUnknown625
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

I see you haven't played Persona 5, that's pretty obvious from this post. I myself haven't played Nier yet so I will believe you when you (and many others) say it's something truly special. However, your statement on Persona 5 is simply incorrect, most likely because you haven't played it. Persona 5 is also something truly special. It's so much more than just ''picking shit from menus for 80 hours''. The story is immersive, the characters are memorable and you truly bond with them, the music is top notch and the combat is very good. Yes, it's turn-based and you might not be a fan of that but it's undeniably very good turn-based combat. I hope @cjshaitan gets to experience Persona 5, I hope I get to experience Nier soon and maybe you should try out Persona 5 as well ;).

Hey don't get too annoyed by my silly comment, I was really just popping in and saying hi to the OP. I've put a bit of time into the ps2 personas so I understand what's good about them. On the other hand I've always been action orientated so back in the day when I first played an RPG I thought the menu based battle systems were some kind of bad joke but what I did really like was the world building via exploring an overworld, finding new towns or a cave etc & eventually getting an airship or similar.

Of course there's none of that in a lot of RPG's nowadays & without that explorable overworld I'm always going to consider them as half a game. Persona was particularly bad for this, just a few screens to explore, tons and tons of repetitive dungeon exploration & can't even do the battles passively because there's always that elemental stuff to think about. I really loved the stories & social stuff but it's not possible to do it all in one playthrough which is something I take objection to. I believe most people who like the series feel there's enough there in the story & social links to provide adequate world building but I'm much harder to please where that's concerned & for me it's half a game that demands the play time of about four games. I don't think anything bad of anyone who considers what's there in Persona titles as enough to push through them though! I'll always respect someone who has put all the effort into getting the main Persona platinums don't get me wrong. Sorry my choice of words wound you up a bit! I was just exaggerating for my own amusement ;p

• Like 4

10 hours ago, readytofuky said:

Hey don't get too annoyed by my silly comment, I was really just popping in and saying hi to the OP. I've put a bit of time into the ps2 personas so I understand what's good about them. On the other hand I've always been action orientated so back in the day when I first played an RPG I thought the menu based battle systems were some kind of bad joke but what I did really like was the world building via exploring an overworld, finding new towns or a cave etc & eventually getting an airship or similar.

Of course there's none of that in a lot of RPG's nowadays & without that explorable overworld I'm always going to consider them as half a game. Persona was particularly bad for this, just a few screens to explore, tons and tons of repetitive dungeon exploration & can't even do the battles passively because there's always that elemental stuff to think about. I really loved the stories & social stuff but it's not possible to do it all in one playthrough which is something I take objection to. I believe most people who like the series feel there's enough there in the story & social links to provide adequate world building but I'm much harder to please where that's concerned & for me it's half a game that demands the play time of about four games. I don't think anything bad of anyone who considers what's there in Persona titles as enough to push through them though! I'll always respect someone who has put all the effort into getting the main Persona platinums don't get me wrong. Sorry my choice of words wound you up a bit! I was just exaggerating for my own amusement ;p

Nah, don't worry about it, I'm not annoyed. I just don't like it when people judge games when they haven't even played anything of the game yet :P.

I understand why you wouldn't like the turn-based combat, yeah. To each their own. I personally don't like real-time combat in RPGs but I think the turn-based combat in the Persona games is really good :lol:.

I see what you mean with the 'repetitive dungeons', yeah. Persona 5 sort of ''fixed'' this, though, with no more randomly generated floors like in the previous games but with carefully worked out design, different puzzles and every floor being completely different. If you like an explorable overworld, I think you might actually like the dungeons in Persona 5.

Also, it is very much possible to do all ''social stuff'' in one playthrough. It's even possible to do all social stuff, max out all your social stats AND do miscellaneous stuff like reading books and playing games in one playthrough ;). The latter does require some planning, but it's possible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Nah, don't worry about it, I'm not annoyed. I just don't like it when people judge games when they haven't even played anything of the game yet :P.

I understand why you wouldn't like the turn-based combat, yeah. To each their own. I personally don't like real-time combat in RPGs but I think the turn-based combat in the Persona games is really good :lol:.

I see what you mean with the 'repetitive dungeons', yeah. Persona 5 sort of ''fixed'' this, though, with no more randomly generated floors like in the previous games but with carefully worked out design, different puzzles and every floor being completely different. If you like an explorable overworld, I think you might actually like the dungeons in Persona 5.

Also, it is very much possible to do all ''social stuff'' in one playthrough. It's even possible to do all social stuff, max out all your social stats AND do miscellaneous stuff like reading books and playing games in one playthrough ;). The latter does require some planning, but it's possible.

It's not that I don't like or won't do turn based stuff it's just not my first preference, certainly in Persona 3 & 4 I found it to be a very good system but it's the frequency of it that usually makes fatigue set in & then I get distracted, play 10 other things etc. Deliberating about limited social links definitely is a personal problem that ruins progress. I was really enjoying Tokyo Xanadu last year & I just stopped because the social stuff was doing my head in & I couldn't remember exactly who I'd done bonds with, then I played a bunch of other stuff & TX became lost in the pile.

I didn't know P5 scrapped the random dungeons that sounds really good actually as does the max social in one playthrough. I'm sure the story, sound & atmosphere is probably pretty high level as it has been in past games. I might have to put it on the to-buy list knowing that now. Please note I really appreciate your mature thoughtful response to my prior antagonism :)

• Like 2

On 4/12/2018 at 7:02 AM, cjshaitan said:

Thanks to everyone that has voted. Thanks also for the comments it is great to see everyone's votes and I look forward to playing whatever is chosen, everything on the list interests me. At this stage it looks like Persona 5 will get up which is great. I can't see myself doing the 2 playthroughs for the plat but definitely one, I am passed looking at guides for games I just want to enjoy. So a blind play through and we shall see where everything sits from there. Pretty sure the $100 PSN card is firmly in play here ☺️

I will change up the list a bit for next month but most of the games will stay the same so there is a still a chance for FF and Nier, we shall see.

Just a heads up if you basically grab everything BUT the three trophies exclusive to NG+, you can actually finish the game with only a partial second playthrough.  I think my second "playthrough" only lasted a few hours since I skipped the cutscenes the second time through and wasn't smart about selling everything I owned at the end, so I didn't have enough money.  And I know quite a few people that finished it way faster than me.

But enjoy regardless, Persona 5 is amazing

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that voted for game 1. I never really got into Persona 5. I know it is a great game, I think it just came at the wrong time for me. Was always going to be tough trying to play anything until I finished the main story in Final fantasy XIV which ended up taking longer than I thought. I think the last 20 or so missions of Stormblood and then the new free missions probably sucked up a good 30hrs which was more than I expected but no complaints fantastic game. Amazing to see them still supporting it with another round of main story missions later this month. Hopefully I get back to Persona 5 one day, but if not I did enjoy the first 15hrs and I can live with that.

I will add the following 79 players to the random draw on the 14th of May for the $100 AU (or equivalent) prize. Have not figured out how to video the random name draw thing but sure it can't be that hard. Will get it sorted this weekend and contact winner. I also noticed a few people got in a little late so sorry but everyone is free to have a go again for game 2 currently up in the poll. Some of the same games, some new ones. 

As per last month, any vote counts, comments are totally optional but not necessary.

Look forward to seeing what Game #2 is, I am feeling a strong performance this time ?

Happy gaming

Cj

8 to go

April/May Draw Names to enter into Random Draw

Dragon-Archon 

Snitsky1

Izul

Kent10201

Starrk_01

Lucas

Terra

soultaker655

VASORAT13

Arctic Cress

FreddySM14

Zolkovo

Griffon234

Audioworm

A-Brawl3r

donut_plz

TugaSonic

Walt the Dog

Fitzquaid

DrMontez

monkeydluffy512

simpgraus

olimoo101

Mike13858

EpicNogg4

Cisele80

Dessane

Spyro

MattyH16

MrUnknown625

Alternatewarning

Demon--Prototype

Ratchet2425

ladynadiad

Mesopithecus

Leaderboards

FrenchDevil54

readytofuky

adam1984123

Squirlruler

nicklesminer

Cleggworth

xZoneHunter

ArtikSkarab

ShakeNBake663

Lagoon Aris

Ethan

Rafi_004

Sir Eatsalot

AydenBonnette

Atom1cMoose

CJ_Mystery

xMissFantasy

stupid0089

fisty123

HcG Clawz

beatn_u_silly

TazDevilz1986

Feral

Crazy

patrickogorman19

PerryToxteth

The Spark

No_Heart_Wesley

FlyingDutchmen85

Xannic

AvengedEvil

FilmFanatic

Evertonian

Iiah

PSXtreme_

Gibbo_0113

Whyfire

damage_6-9

turpinator1986

ZombHunter13

BigBossImBeamer

Milktastrophe

zadorvp

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

Is it just me or is it not possible to vote on this poll? All I’m seeing are the results which are all at 0%. My vote goes to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I’ve been thinkng about picking this game up but am still undecided so another opinion wouldn’t hurt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Is it just me or is it not possible to vote on this poll? All I’m seeing are the results which are all at 0%. My vote goes to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I’ve been thinkng about picking this game up but am still undecided so another opinion wouldn’t hurt.

Apologies, I don't know why it didn't let you vote but have registered your vote. Kingdom Comes Deliverance does look very interesting, the person at EB actually warned me I would have to stick with it for at least 10 hours as apparently opening is a bit rough. They are well aware of my gaming habits but this is the first time they have warned me, lol obviously I was instantly more interested ?

If the poll is being silly for anyone else just leave your choice in a comment and will add you to draw, thanks

Edited by cjshaitan

7 minutes ago, Jens said:

I was able to vote and I picked Ys 8. It won't win I guess, but it seems like that game is so overlooked that I tried it at least. It wouldn't definitely be worth it and reasonable within a month :P 

I’m using Safari on my iPad thiugh whether that has anything to do with it. At the top it says 85 people have voted, changed to 86 after your vote. And when clicking on your vote it shows 16 people having voted which is from the previous polls votes.

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Apologies, I don't know why it didn't let you vote but have registered your vote. Kingdom Comes Deliverance does look very interesting, the person at EB actually warned me I would have to stick with it for at least 10 hours as apparently opening is a bit rough. They are well aware of my gaming habits but this is the first time they have warned me, lol obviously I was instantly more interested 1f61c.png

Yeah I’ve heard the game can be a bit of a chore, literally. If the bugs have been fixed and the trophies aren’t glitchy then I’d definitely be picking it up.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...