Jak IV Rumored to be in Development.

Nexuds121

Please for the love of god, I hope this is real. The reason why I got PlayStation 2 and inadvertently joined the PlayStation Family (my first console was an Atari 2600) in the first place was because I wanted to play Jak 2 which my cousin introduce me too back when I was Nine years old. I played them on my PlayStation 2 and platinum the original trilogy on my PlayStation 3. I haven't gotten the PlayStation 4 versions yet but I am planning to get them. I want this.......I NEED THIS!!!

Edited by TheVader66

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Meanwhile in 2008.

PS if you're craving more Jak action, Daxter on PSP is fantastic and Jak 4 already happened on the PSP, "The Lost Frontier" or something like that. 

Oh yeah, The Lost Frontier. IIRC it was a flop and wasn't developed by Naughty Dog, so it's easily forgotten.

Umm...you guys that don’t seem to know who owns the rights to Jak and Daxter, think...It’s not Naughty Dog, Sony owns the rights, seeing as the series was first party developed. Anyway, why can’t you people let Jak 4 go already? It’s probably gonna happen. These are all just rumors (although I haven’t heard of the “rumors” you speak of.

As long as Naughty Dog doesn't touch it, I don't think they have what it takes to make a game like that anymore. Their concept art for Jak PS3 is evidence of that. They completely went against what made the series great. And I don't mean the edgy shift from J&D to Jak 2. I can accept that. But the realistic designs were horrendous.

I'd prefer we get Sly 5 and Ape Escape though.

39 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:
  Hide contents

It explains how and why Mar/Jak ended up in the past, where he could grow up without the threat of the Metal Head leader.

An explanation is not a prequel. They gave the characters some backstory, but the game's story didn't take place in the past.

I'd always rather know what happens next than more about something that is inconsequential when the main goal is to tell a story.

21 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Jak is the only IP from Naughty Dog I care about (since Activision now has Crash) so I hope this is true. I don't believe it though because you listed no sources.

I guess you forgot about Uncharted and Last of Us? Both are light years better than the Jak games, to say otherwise is just silly.

1 minute ago, Elvick_ said:

As long as Naughty Dog doesn't touch it, I don't think they have what it takes to make a game like that anymore. Their concept art for Jak PS3 is evidence of that. They completely went against what made the series great. And I don't mean the edgy shift from J&D to Jak 2. I can accept that. But the realistic designs were horrendous.

I'd prefer we get Sly 5 and Ape Escape though.

They could do Jak 4, they’re just better than just a simple Platformer dev now. How dare you act like they couldn’t do it.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I guess you forgot about Uncharted and Last of Us? Both are light years better than the Jak games, to say otherwise is just silly.

They could do Jak 4, they’re just better than just a simple Platformer dev now. How dare you act like they couldn’t do it.

Do you mean light years behind? Because if so, I'd agree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soniq said:

An explanation is not a prequel. They gave the characters some backstory, but the game's story didn't take place in the past.

I'd always rather know what happens next than more about something that is inconsequential when the main goal is to tell a story.

Lol Jak 2 is technically a prequel if you look at the overall story.

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Do you mean light years behind? Because if so, I'd agree.

Lol we got a Joker over here. Both Last of Us and Uncharted are objectively better. I mean just look at them. There’s no way you can look at the old Jak games and look the uncharted games (or Last of Us) and think Jak is better. Uncharted and Last of Us are better games in every department.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, soniq said:

That's why I said "somewhat of a prequel". Btw don't get me wrong, I prefer sequels over prequels too for the same reason.