“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

22 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Those are tough to choose between, both series are great for different reasons. I'd put a vote down to suggest Lost Legacy if you end up playing Uncharted; or, one of the Revelations games for Resident Evil. 

& who knows, maybe the kitties will make great gaming buddies 1f604.png

The thing about Uncharted is i hate Collectibles. I really enjoyed playing the Ps Vita game but every time i'm tryin to start Uncharted again i get annoyed from this treasures really fast. 

I like the gameplay though so might just end up playing through them casually and don't bother bout the Trophies. 

I played a bit of Revelations on the Switch and Revelations 2 on the Ps4 and i liked them. But everytime i started them there was a new game releasing and i droped it. 

But if I'll start with resident evil it shoild be Revelations 2. Or 6...just to get it out of the way :D

• Like 1

On 2021-05-17 at 9:18 AM, Aviditas90 said:

Also i really wanna jump into a series of games. Thinking about Resident Evil or Uncharted since i have most of the games in my backlog or at least own them but never earned a trophy which kinda is a shame. 

If you do Resident Evil I’d recommend:

Resident Evil 4, RE2Remake, RE7 & RE Village (RE8). 
7 had some annoying things required for 100%, and Madhouse might give you a run for your money, but overall it wasn’t too bad. RE2 takes many play throughs, speed runs, specific restraints, but overall besides the DLC trophy for killing 100 zombies in the gas station I’d say it isn’t bad overall. 

For Uncharted I’d pass on the first 3, they’re more linear than the later games, but personally I think the gameplay hasn’t held up the best.

I’d say play Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

Released May 2016 & August 2017 means they’re the newest, were natively built for PS4, are playable on PS5 and the gameplay has gotten some nice improvements from the first 3. That’s assuming you don’t care for 100%, Uncharted 4’s Survival mode is an insane grind (you can get people to carry you), the base game’s multiplayer trophies take about an hour and are a walk in the park, and Lost Legacy has no online trophies (you can actually earn the online U4 trophies in Lost Legacy).

• Like 3

@Aviditas90

Yeah, it gets boring having to follow a collectible guide for a day. I usually try to combine my collectible run with a hard playthrough or some other special one (like a high accuracy run), that way it doesn't feel a complete waste. But the Uncharted game on Vita was RNG based for bounties if I remember right. I could have been lucky as that one didn't seem to take that long to complete. 

Best of luck with Relations 2's special episode challenges. I was able to finish the story on the Vita edition, & while I appreciate they released it on the handheld, it admittedly doesn't play well. Attempting the medal list sounds difficult enough on a console version. 

@OmegaRejectz

Recommends a third of the RE franchise ?

Fortunately, that 100 zombie trophy is in a DLC. That was more nerve wracking than getting chased around the police station by Mr. X. It certainly takes equal measure of luck & planning. Easier to complete compared to Revelation's list though. 

58 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Aviditas90

Yeah, it gets boring having to follow a collectible guide for a day. I usually try to combine my collectible run with a hard playthrough or some other special one (like a high accuracy run), that way it doesn't feel a complete waste. But the Uncharted game on Vita was RNG based for bounties if I remember right. I could have been lucky as that one didn't seem to take that long to complete. 

Best of luck with Relations 2's special episode challenges. I was able to finish the story on the Vita edition, & while I appreciate they released it on the handheld, it admittedly doesn't play well. Attempting the medal list sounds difficult enough on a console version. 

@OmegaRejectz

Recommends a third of the RE franchise 1f602.png

Fortunately, that 100 zombie trophy is in a DLC. That was more nerve wracking than getting chased around the police station by Mr. X. It certainly takes equal measure of luck & planning. Easier to complete compared to Revelation's list though. 

I personally mentioned every game I’ve played (minus RE3R, I don’t recommend it. And I haven’t played RE8 yet but I have it on my list). I didn’t even know that was a third, I always thought there was more than 12 RE games (spin offs and whatnot).

Yeah, I never thought I’d manage to get that DLC trophy. If someone doesn’t care for DLC I’d recommend 2 Remake & 7 even more so.

• Like 1

Just a quick note that i'm not sure if I'll get a game done next month. 

Technically i could just end up throwing a Ratalaika game in here but tbh that's not what i would like to do. 

Reason might just be Biomutant. I'm really hyped and not sure if i'm gonna end up playing something else. 

But guess i'll find something nice to finish. 

As for a game series I'll start with darksiders. Might get darksiders 1 done for next month but we'll see. 

Also working on hotline miami / super meat boy on my Vita but here i'm not sure if I'm able to plat them :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You have 2 games which you can definitely finish quite quickly, if you wanted to.

Whispering Willows (Vita) can be done in about 3 hours blind, just check on the missables.

Grim Fandango can be done in about the same time with a guide, unless trying to do it blind.

I have my game for the month as a game I platted a while ago, but haven't got around to the DLC. 

S0b6750.png
All 79 Trophies
19th May 2021  Completed in 4 years, 2 months
PS4
S
RANK
100%

spacer.png
30.85%4.41%

Only took me about 8 hours to go from the start the end cutscene in NG+ on Ultra Hard. Lots of running.

Onto Control and flOw (Vita) for now...

On my PS I'm currently addicted to Atelier Ayesha, but Whispering Willows is actually a really good suggestion. I haven't even thought about that game in a while. I play my Vita before bed a lot so that may actually be doable, thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aviditas90 said:

Just a quick note that i'm not sure if I'll get a game done next month. 

Technically i could just end up throwing a Ratalaika game in here but tbh that's not what i would like to do. 

Reason might just be Biomutant. I'm really hyped and not sure if i'm gonna end up playing something else. 

But guess i'll find something nice to finish. 

As for a game series I'll start with darksiders. Might get darksiders 1 done for next month but we'll see. 

You have some great games on PS3 you seem to have started without getting that far on them (Dead Space, God of War 3, L.A Noire, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum to name a few) but there are definitely a few games you can finish before May has ended.

Valiant Hearts - The whole game can take maybe 4 hours including collectibles. The story is also really good yet quite sad.

Never Alone - Cute little platformer puzzler with minimal collectibles. About 3-4 hours and the DLC is normally cheap if you want the full 100%.

The Unfinished Swan - Quirky little walking puzzle sim with one or two mildly annoying trophies (excellent guides online though). About 3 hours too (and 3 stacks for free).

Thomas Was Alone - Quick and quirky puzzle game which can be finished in about 3 hours. Has great narration by Stephen Merchant. 

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - A bit longer than the others mentioned but much more forgiving than the original. About 12-15 hours to complete but so much fun.

Apotheon - Don't let the rarity fool you, this 2D platform brawler is not very hard at all considering. There are just a fair few missables but the game can be completed in 8-10 hours. It also has a very beneficial difficulty glitch.

I don't know if that helps, but just some recommendations to keep the streak alive.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You have some great games on PS3 you seem to have started without getting that far on them (Dead Space, God of War 3, L.A Noire, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum to name a few) but there are definitely a few games you can finish before May has ended.

Valiant Hearts - The whole game can take maybe 4 hours including collectibles. The story is also really good yet quite sad.

Never Alone - Cute little platformer puzzler with minimal collectibles. About 3-4 hours and the DLC is normally cheap if you want the full 100%.

The Unfinished Swan - Quirky little walking puzzle sim with one or two mildly annoying trophies (excellent guides online though). About 3 hours too (and 3 stacks for free).

Thomas Was Alone - Quick and quirky puzzle game which can be finished in about 3 hours. Has great narration by Stephen Merchant. 

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - A bit longer than the others mentioned but much more forgiving than the original. About 12-15 hours to complete but so much fun.

Apotheon - Don't let the rarity fool you, this 2D platform brawler is not very hard at all considering. There are just a fair few missables but the game can be completed in 8-10 hours. It also has a very beneficial difficulty glitch.

I don't know if that helps, but just some recommendations to keep the streak alive.

Thanks! 

Yeah i alway forget about non plat games but thomas was alone is a good call. Definitly working on that as a backup game for next month. 

As of now i take a break from Ps3 games but definitly will go back to them. 

God of war and ratchet and clank are definitely some series i wanna jump into. At least trying to finish some more ps exclusives in the near future 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

A very noob question, but how do you guys get the layout for the games that you post here? (The photo to the left with the relevant information to the right of it)

My guess would be that it's just a simple Screenshot from your normal profile page.

Without the Rating and completion %

Looks like I'm only going to finish one game this month.

Depression setbacks are kicking in hard, no real help either that my usual therapist went on vacation for two weeks and the replacement guy, I don't trust him enough to really wanna talk about myself.

Not even a game prepared for next month yet.

It's F1 2020 or Demon's Souls though, I'm pretty sure about that. Maybe both.

Been mostly playing newer games, not wanting to go back to the past really.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

A very noob question, but how do you guys get the layout for the games that you post here? (The photo to the left with the relevant information to the right of it)

I don't use it myself, but I think just copying & pasting from your profile page should work. You might have to add the percentage in if the formating gets wonky because of the progress bar. 

• Like 1