“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

13 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

A bit of both honestly. I'm still missing gear and I can't find it. I also can't find a way to buy or craft what I'm missing, so it's just luck?

Collectibles are the worst kind I've seen in a video game so far. If the internet is right, and it always is :D, other people in a random lobby can steal them from you. If they even spawn in the first place that is.

It’s best to find a farmroute and then just reload the world and go throught it again and again. The game is absolute hell

3 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

It’s best to find a farmroute and then just reload the world and go throught it again and again. The game is absolute hell

Agreed, but as long as I still need two pieces of Intercepter gear and god knows how much Ranger gear I'm missing I'm happy with getting whatever I can grab on my way through missions, at least I've hit level 30 yesterday so I can use my embers and coins and try my luck in the tomb.

Most of the time when thinking about why a decision was made in a meeting during developement I can kinda come up with a reasonable idea why someone would think idea XY would be a nice touch and could play out well in the finished product.

But then there's RNG collectibles and I can't wrap my head around it, You know the meme with the guy getting thrown out of a window for suggestion something? Those collectibles would be an idea of the other two persons in that meme, while a better idea was thrown out.

34 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Finished this one... does this really count ? Has it's own list with current completion rate of 2.61% 1f914.png

S114bca.png
All 7 Trophies
25th January 2022  Completed in 6 months, 2 weeks

its up to you in such cases. killing floor 2 also adds trophies every now and then and i dont make it count every time^^

• Like 4

4 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Finished this one... does this really count ? Has it's own list with current completion rate of 2.61% 1f914.png

S114bca.png
  All 7 Trophies
  25th January 2022  Completed in 6 months, 2 weeks

Up to you. Hitman II has an additional trophy list people have counted before. 

• Like 1

Greetings all

I come to you in need of guidance, if you take a look at my account I am sure you'll see many many games that need to be completed, ranging from games that require maybe a few trophies to games like Metal Wolf Chaos XD and Watch Dogs that have only 1 trophy collected in total. The problem I am having at this current point in time is I find it increasing hard to pick a game and sit down to play it for more than a few minutes, let alone hours so I want some help picking games I have in my collection that people feel I should work on for the coming months.

I already picked a handful of games that count towards the backlog event such as: 

A Hat in Time

Amnesia Collection

Batman: Arkham City

Cat Quest II

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Darksiders

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Horizon Zero Dawn

Kingdom Hearts

Monster Hunter World

Murdered: Soul Suspect

PC Building Simulator

Rogue Trooper Redux

SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics

Sonic Mania

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced  (Not totally sure if this one would count as it's just the dlc that needs to be finished to 100% this)

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Those are the ones I currently have downloaded onto my PS5 at the moment but actually sitting down to play them is what gets me, if you saw this list I put forward now and had to finish one which would it be? (also suggestions of games in my library to finish soon would be nice as well)

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sylvanticore said:

I already picked a handful of games that count towards the backlog event such as: 

Cat Quest II

Horizon Zero Dawn

From your list (and games I've played aswell) I´ve enjoyed the most. Cat Quest and Murdered Soul Suspect aren't too long or hard either, just a few tricky collectibles in the second one.

I think Bugsnax is an underrated game. I had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, it's not up there with the best games, but a solid 7/10 for enjoyment imo.

Sekiro is always worth playing, took me a while to get into the deflecting coming from Dark Souls, but once you get it, the game is a lot of fun. And it's beautiful from start to finish, amazing landscapes. (Same for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, but I'm a FromSoftware fanboy)

Can't comment on the other unfished games, haven't played most of them or didn't like them :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

From your list (and games I've played aswell) I´ve enjoyed the most. Cat Quest and Murdered Soul Suspect aren't too long or hard either, just a few tricky collectibles in the second one.

I think Bugsnax is an underrated game. I had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, it's not up there with the best games, but a solid 7/10 for enjoyment imo

Having just had a great time with Cat Quest II, I also think you should play this one (for the puns alone). I also think Bugsnax is underrated, agree it's a great game and I think it's got a good and enjoyable trophy list.

2 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Horizon Zero Dawn

These two would be other potentials for me as well, because I went back to finish Frozen Wilds DLC this month and honestly I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the combat in HZD. Am now early on in ultra hard new game + and it's not too bad so far.

And for Tomb Raider, I guess I would recommend starting the grind to Multiplayer Level 60 soon if you haven't already, because although the solo method to get there is effective, I can't stand doing it for much more than an hour at a time ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Greetings all

I come to you in need of guidance, if you take a look at my account I am sure you'll see many many games that need to be completed, ranging from games that require maybe a few trophies to games like Metal Wolf Chaos XD and Watch Dogs that have only 1 trophy collected in total. The problem I am having at this current point in time is I find it increasing hard to pick a game and sit down to play it for more than a few minutes, let alone hours so I want some help picking games I have in my collection that people feel I should work on for the coming months.

A Hat in Time

Amnesia Collection

Batman: Arkham City

Cat Quest II

Darksiders

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Horizon Zero Dawn

Kingdom Hearts

Monster Hunter World

PC Building Simulator

Rogue Trooper Redux

SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics

Sonic Mania

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced  (Not totally sure if this one would count as it's just the dlc that needs to be finished to 100% this)

Those are the ones I currently have downloaded onto my PS5 at the moment but actually sitting down to play them is what gets me, if you saw this list I put forward now and had to finish one which would it be? (also suggestions of games in my library to finish soon would be nice as well)

Thank you.

I would pick: 

Cat Quest II

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, I'll go through the short ones people suggested, @damage_6-9 when I get round to them I will message you :)

So I went and got Terminator Reistsance Enchanced out of the way today, it is nowback to being 100% however I am unsure if it counts and I kind of need @Gretchen27 to confirm if it's allowed or not, see the reason I ask is because when I played it originally 8 months ago I got the platinum in 1 day and 6 hours, DLC came out a while ago and I only got it today and took me around 3 hours to complete. Because of the DLC though the game is now got a 100% marker and because of the space of time between it now has the 100% at being over 8 months. Does it count at all? I'll let you decide and will wait for your answer before putting it on the form.

L092e3e.png

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced

Time to 100%: 8 months, 1 week, 1 day

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Greetings all

I come to you in need of guidance, if you take a look at my account I am sure you'll see many many games that need to be completed, ranging from games that require maybe a few trophies to games like Metal Wolf Chaos XD and Watch Dogs that have only 1 trophy collected in total. The problem I am having at this current point in time is I find it increasing hard to pick a game and sit down to play it for more than a few minutes, let alone hours so I want some help picking games 

Cat Quest II

If you are having trouble sitting down and committing time to a game I'd say start with something easy to get the ball rolling. Like others have already said, I'd start with these two. Once you've sat down and popped a few plats, tackling the longer games won't feel as daunting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Peeps, it happened! I've finished a backlog game :dance:

Feeding Frenzy 2 has been completed after 6 months, 2 weeks. It's a non-platinum PS3 game, that's rare for me to complete. & yes, as with the recurring theme here lately, it shouldn't have taken me this long. I was playing it off & on couch coop, which with 60 levels did actually take awhile to beat. We had some good laughs along the way. Though I wouldn't recommend this game for solo players as cleaning up was boring & glitchy. 

Currently, I'm bouncing between visual novels on my Vita & Switch (one on here has been stealing most of my time & I did pick up today the new Pokémon game). I'll try to finish Muv-Luv soon, though February's game is probably going to be another close one with Vita Pets. There's a lot of back tracking to do before I can figure out the collectibles I missed. & it's slow traversing the map...

@Sylvanticore

Terminator counts. It happens plenty a game comes out with DLC after people have had time to earn the platinum. 

In the spoiler below are the Form submissions for January (ignore the terrible formatting, its the best that can be done from a phone). I'm on vacation next week for my birthday, so I'll update the usual stuff & add people for the challenge when I get back. 

Hide contents

AUSTRALIANDJ Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics January

damage_6-9 Radio Squid Football: Breakthrough Gaming Arcade Jan

damage_6-9 Minecraft • Set 2 Capcom Arcade Stadium Jan

JayDeLosDioses Salt & Sanctuary Jan

JayDeLosDioses Rune Lord Jan

JayDeLosDioses Anthem Jan

KingHayes9000 Borderlands (PS3) inFamous 2 Jan 2022

KingHayes9000 LittleBigPlanet 2 Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Vita) Jan

KingHayes9000 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita) Jan

kissoon32 Hue January

kissoon32 Fez (PS4) inFamous: Second Son Jan

kylebaptie Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Jan

kylebaptie LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Jan

Lojtana MediEvil Jan

Pieroluc MotoGP 15 (PS4) January

Psy-Tychist Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Jan

Summers_day122 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered Dec

Summers_day122 Tales from the Borderlands Jan

syiaris Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Jan

Sylvanticore SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Arcade Archives: King of the Monsters 2 Flower Jan

willythom88 Expand Monsterbag Jan.

willythom88 Seasons After Fall Jan.

Zbir_Vladimir Twisted Metal Dec

Zbir_Vladimir Resistance Burning Skies   

Nice job! I will put my games into the form later today or tomorrow

• Like 1