Camp Wannalottaplat

4 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Will post my games by June 1.  Still can't figure out what I want to play this time.

There's no rush to provide a list. I think it was @Uchiha_Snake__ posted all of their games one at a time over a few weeks as the Love Boat event progressed. It's no big deal to me. You can post one to get started and then as you find other things and check out sales etc. you can add on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

There's no rush to provide a list. I think it was @Uchiha_Snake__ posted all of their games one at a time over a few weeks as the Love Boat event progressed. It's no big deal to me. You can post one to get started and then as you find other things and check out sales etc. you can add on. 

I've never had a full list by the time you post the theme until now ? but it was confortable to me, to play the games I'd like instead of felt I had to follow a list, besides it get's kind of mystery when you haven't post in a week and no one know what you will be playing next ?

Well, let's see how this goes.....

Go Hiking:  Limbo

Shoot Something:  LA Noire

Make Something:  The Unfinished Swan

Hang Out at the Lake:  Koi

Bonus:  Steamworld Dig 2....why?  Because it reminds me of rappelling, exploring, seeing exotic mines/locales.

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, Dessane said:

Spoiler

Everyone has made some awesome lists while I've been out of town but let's see, My inital list will be...

• Make Friends -Lb5e3df.png (Kingdom Hearts II)

I'm currently working on prepping all the plats for Kingdom Hearts so this one may not get finished during the event but will definitely get to having only one trophy left... hopefully.

• Hang out at the Lake - L88f3a6.png

I believe this has a canoe at one point. Hoping to pick this up soon but may have to change it as I go.

• Play a Sport - spacer.pngLdaa4fc.png

Rayman Legends has a soccer style mode that you need to play for a trophy. The hardest bit of this trophy will be reaching the final level of awesome but I think I'll get there.

• Go Hiking - Ldf8263.png (Everybody's Gone to The Rapture)

A few people earlier in the thread have made the arguments about why this one fits here :) 

• Shoot Something - L5062f4.png

I really liked Metal Slug back in the day, hopefully this scratches that itch.

• Make Something - La24a2c.png

Lots of crafting in Dying Light. Been meaning to get back into it so hopefully this will be a good excuse

• Learn Something -  L50c47f.png (PS4)

I think I've said in previous events but I love Assassin's Creed and I've been looking for an excuse to go back and do 2 again so me and Ezio are gonna go learn about the past.

• Put on a Show - Patapon

Patapon's logo wont paste across but it involves leading your army by playing a drum. I may swap this out for Parappa the Rapper but we will see.

• Tell a Ghost Story - Lfd0311.png (Beyond Two Souls)

One of the main characters is a ghost...I think. I've not played this yet but I think it fits.

• Get Tested - L1a7bbb.png

The "Dark Souls of Platforming" as it was called in reviews on release. Its not too bad but still can be pretty testing when going for the time trials.

• Be a Hermit - L514e92.png

Forma 8 has some puzzles that you need to solve to finish the game.

• Survive - L765e87.png

What's the most important step when you want to Survive? Don't Starve!

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - L5fa32b.png

I'll be playing the remake of Farcry 3 on PS4 when it comes out. It starts with you and your fiorends on a summer vacation so I think this fits.

Hey @Toogie53:), Just checking you'd seen this as my list was still empty on the OP. No worries if you have just wanted to make sure it hadn't been missed :)

@Toogie53 I just wanted to say that I think these seasonal events are pretty cool. I can tell you put in a lot of time setting everyone's names and games to make sure they are included in the OP. It looks like you have quite the crowd this time around and wish you the best of luck!

These are the community events that I like to see. A place where everyone comes together to discuss their games all connected by a theme or working together for a common goal. Pretty awesome IMO.

• Like 4

If anyone is still looking for a "Make Friends " category game I highly recommend Blue Reflection. Turn based, relationship builder VN. The art style is beautiful in the dungeons too. Am enjoying it  far more than persona, really like the lack of time limit for each chapter. Definitely worth a look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Yo yo, Firewatch friends! Remember when I said I'd only play this game if it went on sale? Well, it's 75% off for the next few days. You might want to check out the Flash Sale for other good deals. There's a couple Jak games. Tomb Raider, Limbo for $2, Trine if you don't already own the whole trilogy, a bunch of games I've already purchased and can't check the price on without looking them up online which we all know I'm not going to do because that would require opening a new tab on my browser and that's just too much effort when using a laptop... Good stuff.

Oh, and hey. 100% trophy completion. Whoop whoop.

Congrats on 100% Cassy, that's insane!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yo yo, Firewatch friends! Remember when I said I'd only play this game if it went on sale? Well, it's 75% off for the next few days. You might want to check out the Flash Sale for other good deals. There's a couple Jak games. Tomb Raider, Limbo for $2, Trine if you don't already own the whole trilogy, a bunch of games I've already purchased and can't check the price on without looking them up online which we all know I'm not going to do because that would require opening a new tab on my browser and that's just too much effort when using a laptop... Good stuff.

Oh, and hey. 100% trophy completion. Whoop whoop.

After reading those highlighted words i thought of this music here :P:D ... nice work for 100% trophy profile :)

Oh and i think it isn't enough to open a new tab. You're still logged in in your account. I use a second browser in this case...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

I'm thinking my list will be something along these lines:

Play a Sport: Pyre

Magical sports are the best sports.  (Hockey is also acceptable.)

Shoot Something: Horizon Zero Dawn

Shooting with a bow, meet Aloy.  Aloy, meet shooting with a bow.  Yup, no explanation needed...

Learn Something: Everything

I can't think of any other games where the collectibles are excerpts from philosophy lectures.

Tell a Ghost Story: Soma

More than spooky enough for me, I don't know about you guys.

I might add more games later and figure out something for the bonus category, but I don't want to go overboard before we even get started.

Finally i have pick the games that I will Play trough the Event.

It was a really hard decision but now the pick ups are finished; hurray ^_^

--

Make Friens: Dragons Crown Pro...

Go Hiking: Horizon Zero Dawn

Make Something: Atelier Sophie....

Tell a ghost Story: Night in the Woods

Get Tested: Nier Automata

Be a Hermit: 2064: Read only Memories

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dessane said:

Hey @Toogie53:), Just checking you'd seen this as my list was still empty on the OP. No worries if you have just wanted to make sure it hadn't been missed :)

I am just being slow. I've only gone through just the first few pages and was adding lists as I came across them. I dont think I got to where you posted yours yet.

@Beyondthegrave07 Thank you. These events are nothing without the people joining and sharing so I owe a lot of the credit to those that have participated and continue to do so. I'm glad I was able to set up a framework for it that works well. 

2 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Learn Something: Everything

I can't think of any other games where the collectibles are excerpts from philosophy lectures.

Wow. Ive never heard of this game before at all, but I think you nailed it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koromaru said:

Get Tested: Nier Automata

Just curious how it fits the Get Tested. I don't mean to imply it doesn't fit. Im interested in this game but haven't tried it out yet and just wondering if its really hard or has challenge modes or what. 

Some games are a Little hard for me with the pad cause I always Play chill games or classic rpgs/ jrpgs were you can have your own tempo.

And games like Nier are also often a Little hard with many obstacles for me but I try it ... or should I`ll better choose another game?

20 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Just curious how it fits the Get Tested. I don't mean to imply it doesn't fit. Im interested in this game but haven't tried it out yet and just wondering if its really hard or has challenge modes or what. 

Test of courage perhaps? I think the game has tough choices to make as it has several endings (both good and bad), but I could be wrong. @Koromaru. Maybe someone else can confirm that. I think regardless, you could make it fit somehow.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

14 minutes ago, Koromaru said:

Some games are a Little hard for me with the pad cause I always Play chill games or classic rpgs/ jrpgs were you can have your own tempo.

And games like Nier are also often a Little hard with many obstacles for me but I try it ... or should I`ll better choose another game?

Your choice of game is fine! It was a curiosity question and not a criticism of the choice. I agree that if you dont play that type of game often its probably really hard. Sounds like a good challenge for you. I hope you pull it off!

12 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

it's another of those Hack'n Slash games made it by Platinum Games, event thought is not as hard as Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence   (in my opinion) Nier: Automata demands you to learn the controls to use properly the combos (you don't beat the game just by pressing random buttons like in some other games from the same genre) and also get used to the changes of the camera's angles, because you might be playing a Hack'n Slash section and then suddenly be changed for a Shooter section or some other thing (it's really fun to play actually) 

• Like 1

Haha; thanks.

Like my first platinum trophy was Gravity Rush Remastered and yes at the time challenges I often get in rage cause they are so redicoulos...

But I`ll try my best like in the past to beat the games!

• Like 1

I started Pyre recently too. It seems really good. I was debating pushing through it quickly or saving it for one of these events. I'm not 100% sure the christmas one will be the exact same, but if it is, it looks like this would fit the redemption category that was hard to pick from last time. The local multiplayer is really fun though. My daughter and I played it for a couple of hours that first day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I started Pyre recently too. It seems really good. I was debating pushing through it quickly or saving it for one of these events. I'm not 100% sure the christmas one will be the exact same, but if it is, it looks like this would fit the redemption category that was hard to pick from last time. The local multiplayer is really fun though. My daughter and I played it for a couple of hours that first day.

Definitely suits redemption from the christmas event. Or the make friends, sports, hang out at the lake and maybe even ghost story from this event all fit it though :P 

Yeah the local multiplayer is good fun for sure

• Like 1