Camp Wannalottaplat

Oh, I totally want in on this. If you're still accepting entries my titles will be:

• Make Friends - Persona 4 Golden

L9ca196.png

• Hang out at the Lake - Monster of the Deep 

L44c5b3.png

• Play a Sport - Pyre 

La82a5d.png

• Make Something Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition

L890244.png

• Learn Something -  Never Alone

Lef6c16.png

• Put on a Show Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd

L417d3a.png

• Tell a Ghost Story - Paranormal Activity VR

L9f815d.png

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Friday the 13th

Lb233ab.png

(If anyone wants to buddy up to tackle any Friday the 13th Trophies, just let me know)

• Like 3

@Cassylvania There was a Survivor event last summer that worked out really well. I think there's supposed to be a Big Brother one this summer as well if you're interested. 

I personally wouldn't want this event to turn into a competition. The reason I like them so much is because of the casual nature of the event. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

Oh, hell yeah. @Drew-013 is taking the plunge with Friday the 13th. If I had any desire to play MP games, I'd be right there with you. Good luck!

@Kent10201 Interesting. I think I have more than enough planned for this summer (thanks to this event), but maybe in the future. I just thought that might be something people would be interested in.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:01 AM, Toogie53 said:

AAAAAAH! Peer pressure! What do I do?!

The only correct decision is to play Kingdom Hearts Toogie, Get around it

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Let's make it official then! (This will take the place of my original post

Pyre is such a great game! good choices all around.

Everyone has made some awesome lists while I've been out of town but let's see, My inital list will be...

• Make Friends -Lb5e3df.png (Kingdom Hearts II)

I'm currently working on prepping all the plats for Kingdom Hearts so this one may not get finished during the event but will definitely get to having only one trophy left... hopefully.

• Hang out at the Lake - L88f3a6.png

I believe this has a canoe at one point. Hoping to pick this up soon but may have to change it as I go.

• Play a Sport - spacer.pngLdaa4fc.png

Rayman Legends has a soccer style mode that you need to play for a trophy. The hardest bit of this trophy will be reaching the final level of awesome but I think I'll get there.

• Go Hiking - Ldf8263.png (Everybody's Gone to The Rapture)

A few people earlier in the thread have made the arguments about why this one fits here :) 

• Shoot Something - L5062f4.png

I really liked Metal Slug back in the day, hopefully this scratches that itch.

• Make Something - La24a2c.png

Lots of crafting in Dying Light. Been meaning to get back into it so hopefully this will be a good excuse

• Learn Something -  L50c47f.png (PS4)

I think I've said in previous events but I love Assassin's Creed and I've been looking for an excuse to go back and do 2 again so me and Ezio are gonna go learn about the past.

• Put on a Show - Patapon

Patapon's logo wont paste across but it involves leading your army by playing a drum. I may swap this out for Parappa the Rapper but we will see.

• Tell a Ghost Story - Lfd0311.png (Beyond Two Souls)

One of the main characters is a ghost...I think. I've not played this yet but I think it fits.

• Get Tested - L1a7bbb.png

The "Dark Souls of Platforming" as it was called in reviews on release. Its not too bad but still can be pretty testing when going for the time trials.

• Be a Hermit - L514e92.png

Forma 8 has some puzzles that you need to solve to finish the game.

• Survive - L765e87.png

What's the most important step when you want to Survive? Don't Starve!

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - L5fa32b.png

I'll be playing the remake of Farcry 3 on PS4 when it comes out. It starts with you and your fiorends on a summer vacation so I think this fits.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Dessane Loving your picks. Nice to see someone else joining me on the Rayman daily grind torture adventure.

Generally you're doing pretty damn well on the dailies though! your scores are often so out of my reach it isn't funny! It is such a charming game though, I'm really loving it and it will be a shame when I eventually hate it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Generally you're doing pretty damn well on the dailies though! your scores are often so out of my reach it isn't funny! It is such a charming game though, I'm really loving it and it will be a shame when I eventually hate it

Thanks, really appreciate that! I've been around 100 meters off from a diamond twice now which is slightly frustrating. I've gotten 2 diamonds, 12 golds, 3 silvers and a bronze so far so I'm getting there. I'm really loving it as well, has me in the mood for more 2D-platformers like Shovel Knight. Sadly, I don't own any more. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Thanks, really appreciate that! I've been around 100 meters off from a diamond twice now which is slightly frustrating. I've gotten 2 diamonds, 12 golds, 3 silvers and a bronze so far so I'm getting there. I'm really loving it as well, has me in the mood for more 2D-platformers like Shovel Knight. Sadly, I don't own any more. 

Killing it dude, that's awesome I got real close to a diamond once and only once. Yeah me too! I'll definitely have to pick up some more at some point.

• Like 1

@Evil_Joker88 Thanks for the info on Ni no Kuni! I thought a lot of it took place on foot, but then I saw you could ride a dragon so I wasn't 100% sure. And no worries ?. I can see how you would think of the new God of War, I did the same thing when the new Ratchet & Clank game came out and thought people were talking about the new one when they were talking about the original. I don't get this new trend of giving new games the same name as the original. 

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I think Kent's been recruiting for more than just this adding to this event. I've gotten several nudges to switch to Kingdom Hearts. So I'm going to give in and make the change. Looking forward to it!

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

015ee9e3e18880ec6f173a2fd1b3fcee.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dessane said:

I'm currently working on prepping all the plats for Kingdom Hearts

I wanted to do this too, but real life and other games ruined the chances, so I am just happy with Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep for now before KH3 comes out. Speaking of RPGs, RPG Limit Break is running their 2018 charity marathon right now if you are into speedruns!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Actually, the cabin idea is pretty cool. What I'm about to suggest is probably beyond the scope of what @Toogie53 wants to do for the event, but it might be something worth looking into next year. This could be something like Survivor or Total Drama Island, where participants are broken up into teams and they compete against each other for...whatever. I don't know exactly how it would work, but maybe each week (or every two weeks, or whatever works) would be an event -- say, water sports -- and each team could get points based on how many water-related games are completed within that time frame. Thus, it would be kinda like a friendly competition, and it would encourage teamwork.

Again... Just something to think about for future events.

This is what I was thinking almost. We'll be in different cabins (maybe have 1 or 2 games in common, or something else), and we'd "compete" with other cabins to see how many plats we can do. Or a great way to help my cabin mates with their respective plats. I was thinking of doing it just for fun on the side, but I didn't want it to supersede this event. 

8 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

This is what I was thinking almost. We'll be in different cabins (maybe have 1 or 2 games in common, or something else), and we'd "compete" with other cabins to see how many plats we can do. Or a great way to help my cabin mates with their respective plats. I was thinking of doing it just for fun on the side, but I didn't want it to supersede this event. 

I thought you probably meant something like this. I don't think it's a good fit for the events I do. That's not to say that I think this is a bad idea. I think it is very interesting and would make for a fun event. It's just not the style of event I've been running. I am way to casual about things and designed these events around attacking the backlog and being able to chat about it with other people. So at the end, it's kind of like "Hooray we finished some games!" instead of "Yes! I won!!" I think I've attracted a lot of my people here because there isn't some kind of pressure to perform or other people relying on you for their success. Also, if I shuffle it around to be competitive in someway, I'd have to rethink allowing previously played games, different genres, and a bunch of other things like that because fairness would become a hot topic pretty much immediately. 

• Like 2

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I thought you probably meant something like this. I don't think it's a good fit for the events I do. That's not to say that I think this is a bad idea. I think it is very interesting and would make for a fun event. It's just not the style of event I've been running. I am way to casual about things and designed these events around attacking the backlog and being able to chat about it with other people. So at the end, it's kind of like "Hooray we finished some games!" instead of "Yes! I won!!" I think I've attracted a lot of my people here because there isn't some kind of pressure to perform or other people relying on you for their success. Also, if I shuffle it around to be competitive in someway, I'd have to rethink allowing previously played games, different genres, and a bunch of other things like that because fairness would become a hot topic pretty much immediately. 

Okay, thanks for replying! I'm also glad that I asked first as well. :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Okay, thanks for replying! I'm also glad that I asked first as well. :D 

You're welcome. I really appreciate feedback and suggestions. So feel free to bring up anything else that comes to mind as this progresses.

@Dessane I messaged someone else who had Far Cry 3 on their list but just in case I’ll put this out there too. I’ve had everything in FC3 except the multiplayer maps done since the game came out but could never find an online partner. Whenever you get to that part of your plat, please HMU. I would love to finally clear that out of my backlog. Plus I could use it for the make friends category. Because I had to make actual real life connections to finally get it done.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

Also @Toogie53 I just had an idea that I wanted to throw past you. Everyone seems really hyped for this to start but it’s still three weeks away. And just like a real summer camp vacation we’re now all stuck in the final days before “school” gets out. So how about a pre-event challenge?

I’d like to propose the “Last week of school,” bonus challenge. Between now and June 1st, when the event starts, try to get one Platinum or 100% in any game that takes place in or revolves around a school or college. The only twist? You can only earn trophies on weekdays. Schools out Saturday and Sunday, and so is this challenge. 

I’m going to try this and finally play a game that’s been on my shelf for almost a year, Life is Strange.