Camp Wannalottaplat

@DoctorDrPepper I gave a lot of thought to this before. What to do between events has come up a couple of times. This particular decision is more about my own preference than anything else. And I decided that its nice to have some time where there is nothing going on so I can look forward to the next one, play something just because it caught my attention that day etc. I think if its always event time, I'll get tired of it.

I could live with allowing people to complete the bonus badge between the events if they want to work on something. Fair compromise?

Oh I just thought this would a fun but totally 100% unofficial thing. I’m gonna play this game anyway because it’s been sitting shrink wrapped on my shelf for like a year and it seems like a good thing to play while I waited for June. I just also realized it kinda fit in the theme of waiting for summer. 

Didnt mean to cause any trouble.

Just now, DoctorDrPepper said:

Oh I just thought this would a fun but totally 100% unofficial thing. I’m gonna play this game anyway because it’s been sitting shrink wrapped on my shelf for like a year and it seems like a good thing to play while I waited for June. I just also realized it kinda fit in the theme of waiting for summer. 

Didnt mean to cause any trouble.

No trouble at all. We can see what other people think. I don't have any problem with people working on the event games in between. I am just a stickler about finishing during the event so I don't get weird game swaps as time runs out. I'd relax it for the bonus category, if people want to dive on and also complete a game in the interim period.

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey Dragon is in :D

Enjoy Adventure of Mana. Fun game with only a mediocre grind at the end (some people complained but it is seriously nothing)

Thanks, it looks like a fun game and the grind doesn't seem that bad when looking at the guide. I've seen way worse.

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@Dessane I messaged someone else who had Far Cry 3 on their list but just in case I’ll put this out there too. I’ve had everything in FC3 except the multiplayer maps done since the game came out but could never find an online partner. Whenever you get to that part of your plat, please HMU. I would love to finally clear that out of my backlog. Plus I could use it for the make friends category. Because I had to make actual real life connections to finally get it done.

Hey mate, sorry for being unclear I'm going to be playing the PS4 version as I got it when I got the gold version of FC5 and the remaster for 3 comes out on the 29th of may, so just in time for this event. Sorry I cant be any help

Of course I'm going to join! After Spring Fling, it's time to hit this one!

Since the event starts the 1st of June, it is probable that I might platinum/100% what I'm going to list, but if I end up finishing one of these, I'll do the update

Updates: Removed Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth since I got it platinumed in May.

Make Friends

Sd51b30.png

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Vita - 19%)

The story of this game is about the Battle Royales between girl shinobi's schools. Despite the people inside each school already know each other, some characters end up meeting and fighting each other. Even though they are against each other, Kanzo and Gessen Academy become friendly towards each other since they are both "good shinobi" academies.

Shoot Something

Sc2d69f.png

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4 - 46%)

I'm in the middle of the story and already did half the grind necessary in Multiplayer. This game is in my backlog for a long time, and it's time that I should platinum this.

Get Tested

Sfc51d8.png

Ratchet & Clank HD (Vita - 2%)

Already halfway through the story. The reason I think this fits the "Get Tested" is because most of the trophies are based on the Skill Challenges, which are available on the second playthrough. By completing these challenges, trophies will be popped. I heard a couple of them might be a little challenging.

Go Hiking

Image result for joruney game logo

Journey (PS4 - 14%)

Journey is about.. Well, a Journey, where you can either walk or fly temporarly... It's almost like a pilgrimage... Despite not being in a forest/camp, it's in the desert.

Bonus Game

S2badc4.png

Deadpool (PS4 - 34%)

Everything about Deadpool is funny and summer "vacationish". The game levels are designed to be funny and different. There are lot of attraction and carnival references in the game, which many of them are composed of mini games you have to do to progress. I already finished the story once (had to change to Easy mode to finish the story and do lots of Upgrade). Just need to finish the story in the hardest difficulty now and some miscelleanous and challenge trophy.

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Also @Toogie53 I just had an idea that I wanted to throw past you. Everyone seems really hyped for this to start but it’s still three weeks away. And just like a real summer camp vacation we’re now all stuck in the final days before “school” gets out. So how about a pre-event challenge?

I’d like to propose the “Last week of school,” bonus challenge. Between now and June 1st, when the event starts, try to get one Platinum or 100% in any game that takes place in or revolves around a school or college. The only twist? You can only earn trophies on weekdays. Schools out Saturday and Sunday, and so is this challenge. 

I’m going to try this and finally play a game that’s been on my shelf for almost a year, Life is Strange.

Lol I was planning a  Back to School event in early August to run until Mid Sept. A tiered event to see how many school related games you could get. Each participant would get a Hogwarts Acceptance Letter. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Kind of drawing a blank with the themes: Hang out at a lake, Learn something, and Put on a show. I was wondering if someone could have a look at my backlog list for me.

My suggestion for you:

Hang out at a lake: Horizon Zero Dawn

There are many parts of the environment that involve passing through water. You can also fish stuff to get resources.

Learn something: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

It is inspired on Norse mythology and some of the characters and events are based/inspired on it.

I honestly don't know what to suggest you for "Put on a show" based on your list, but Don't Starve Giant Edition would be a nice addition for the "Survival" category.

Edited by Caju_94

6 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Kind of drawing a blank with the themes: Hang out at a lake, Learn something, and Put on a show. I was wondering if someone could have a look at my backlog list for me.

Hang out at a lake: what better lake than an ocean of stars :awesome: .

Learn something: LBP teaches how to build levels.

Put on a show: Puppeteer is presented as a puppet show. Rocksmith is a concert .... sort of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caju_94 said:

My suggestion for you:

Hang out at a lake: Horizon Zero Dawn

There are many parts of the environment that involve passing through water. You can also fish stuff to get resources.

Learn something: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

It is inspired on Norse mythology and some of the characters and events are based/inspired on it.

I honestly don't know what to sugges you for "Put on a show" based on your list, but Don't Starve Giant Edition would be a nice addition for the "Survival" category.

I have the book Norse Mythology by Neil Gaimon, and I've read bits of the Poetic Edda, so I'm not sure if I'll learn anything more. Will definitely include Horizon Zero Dawn though.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hang out at a lake: what better lake than an ocean of stars :awesome: .

Learn something: LBP teaches how to build levels.

Put on a show: Puppeteer is presented as a puppet show. Rocksmith is a concert .... sort of.

Those 4 games! Really, Dragon?! Really? It would take me the whole 11 weeks just to do 1 of them...not sleeping, no breaks. Though I think I can get by doing SO5 ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, I was thinking Puppeteer or Rocksmith for Put on a show, as well. As for Learn something or Hang out at a Lake, I think Uncharted 4 would work for both? Unless all that historical stuff is made up, then maybe not. :lol: But I know there are some water segments, including one where you drive a boat around.

17 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Put on a Show - Puppeteer

Make Friends - Oxenfree

Shoot Something - Horizon Zero Dawn

Get Tested - Mugen Souls Z

Ghost Story - Infamous: FoB

Some ideas...

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Put on a Show - Puppeteer

Make Friends - Oxenfree

Shoot Something - Horizon Zero Dawn

Get Tested - Mugen Souls Z

Ghost Story - Infamous: FoB

Some ideas...

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

:awesome: 

Puppeteer can easily be done in a week or two though.

Can Puppeteer be done in a week? I raged quit after a few hours because I couldn't control the scissors to cut the balloons during a boss battle. I haven't played the game after that.

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Can Puppeteer be done in a week? I raged quit after a few hours because I couldn't control the scissors to cut the balloons during a boss battle. I haven't played the game after that.

Yeah, you get better just by playing the game. Cutting all balloons during a boss battle requires some practice though, I did it after beating the story. I got all but 6 trophies in a little over 2 days and saved the rest for a trophy hunting competition.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

It can be. You can take it slow to start with. Once you get the boost cut and the hookshot the enemies are easier and so are the levels.

One caveat if you do it, the collectibles only stay if you complete the section without dying. 

Oh and spreadsheet it :)

2 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I played it an entire 6 days, so probably. Depends how much time per day you're able to play, but it's an estimated 35 hour Plat.