World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

49 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

I sympathise with anyone who just sat through the entirety of that France vs Denmark game. I've honestly seen snails with more pace than those Danish players during that second half. Why park the bus when Australia are 2-0 down.

As a Dane, who just sad through that whole game, i get where you are comming from. 
However, the danish players told the journalists afterwards that they did not know the outcome of the Australia vs Peru game until after they where done with their own game (the coaches did know though). I feel like that's a mistake on the coaches part, when the game is 0-0 with like 10-.15 minuts left. But i also honestly believe the Danes where tired in the end, and just wanted to get the result they needed. 
I somewhat get why they played like they did - afterall, they knew they just needed the 1 point to be sure no matter what. Anf or a team, who haven't gotten to a knockout stage since EM 2004, it matters alot - and deffently alot more than what the viewers/fans thought of the game :)

The Danes didn't shine today, I agree. Happy to see Cornelius delivering though. Delaney, Kjær, Cornelius, Zanka and Fischer were good. Eriksen? Not so much. In overall, we saw a match with two teams that didn't play very well. Hoping to see better matches with both national teams. Congratulations to France and Denmark!

That Messi goal was classy af. The first touch, the second touch and then that finish on his weak weaker foot. GG. The young Nigerian keeper has really impressed me though so far this World Cup. Good save from Messi's free-kick as well to knock it onto the post.

Edited by Zolkovo

6 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

That Messi goal was classy af. The first touch, the second touch and then that finish on his weak foot. GG. The young Nigerian keeper has really impressed me though so far this World Cup. Good save from Messi's free-kick as well to knock it onto the post.

Really? I thought he didn't touch it. It went straight to the post. I have to double check ?

Now that's BS. Yesterday Cedric slightly touched the ball with his arm after the ball bounced from his head = penalty. Today Rojo does the same and it's not a penalty smh.

Now Rojo scores... Argentina saved by the referee! lmao

Edited by Raitandrul

A penalty similar to yesterday without being marked. Argentina name has a lot of weight in fifa! as a result 1-2 .. maybe they are might be massacred by France! and there is still someone who thinks portugal is a lucky team LOL when fanaticism goes to people's heads

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Here are my predictions for the games that will matter:

• Nigeria (0) vs. Argentina (2)

Damn!!! I almost got the prediction correct.

EDIT: that replay where it showed Rojo touching the ball with his hand after he used his head wasn't done on purpose, so I definitely agree with the ref not giving the penalty to Nigeria.

Edited by GarciaFever

10 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

so unfair to Nigeria to be out.. but i guessed that result correctly so 3 points, that Iceland goal cost my 2 points but i guess 4 points from today ain`t bad 

They had their chance.They could have scored 2 more times but they blew it.Football is fair most of the times

10 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

EDIT: that replay where it showed Rojo touching the ball with his hand after he used his head wasn't done on purpose, so I definitely agree with the ref not giving the penalty to Nigeria.

The happened to Portugal and a penalty was conceived to Iran... Nigeria deserved to win, Argentina hasn't played anything "special" for a while now...

• Like 1

This has to be the most thrilling world cup I've been alive for. So much drama!

South Korea were absolute garbage in the final third but their goalkeeper was MOTM for me. 10/10 positioning, handling and reflexes during the entire match even though Germany didn't really give him too much trouble. South Korea had a lot of decisions go against them but so glad their goals stood. It seems like Germany sorely miss the leadership of Lahm.

I can't believe Mexico could have been so easily knocked out on goal difference despite winning their first two games convincingly! Shows just how tight and unpredictable this group really was, much to everyone's surprise.

Anyway sorry to all the Germans out there but you guys didn't really deserve to continue in the tournament based on those poor displays out there, and end the tournament bottom of the group table rightfully so.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

OMG Germany in last place of Group phase ahahahah, I can't believe this actually happened :o

I'm gaining no points or what so ever with these last 4 games... the "underdog" teams are ALL winning their matches, which is incredible to watch, but I wish I was making more points ahah

What happened to germany is what i often say: don't laugh because later you will cry .. they laughed at the last world cup because of the 1-7 against to Brazil, now they have been humiliated by a weak team like Korea. 

This is what happens when a 
coach doesn't call to this world cup one of the best young german players: leroy sané
Auf Wiedersehen :D

• Like 2