Oh dear

40 minutes ago, Stardew Shelly said:

In this case it's actually not a matter of agreeing to something or somebody, I couldn't care less if someone has a different viewpoint. I talk about a lot of games with a lot of people on here and we basically never have the same opinion on a game. That doesn't matter.

But to say you have to be a creator of something to be able to criticize it is just a dumb thing to say, there's no arguing that.

Like say you want to buy a couch. You, having never built a couch, are not allowed to have negative feedback on a couch then? This is absolute nonsense and I don't want to believe that you are actually this stupid. I have more faith in you.

And please, spare me with ''But this is different''. No, it's not. It's just nonsense to say this in the first place. No one has to be a creator of anything to know, just to SEE that Ride to Hell: Retribution for example sucks ass. Or that Battlefront II has overdone it with the microtransactions. Or about a thousand other examples.

And to be on topic for once: It's a horse games for people who have played The Sims for about 4000 hours and want something different. Or course it sucks for most people. I mean look at the game. But if someone is having fun with it I'm happy for them. Other opinions mean nothing for personal enjoyment.

J

Amen brother, you need to be careful on these threads though, you don't want to argue logic against some of these people. and go easy in Fisty it seems he likes it both ways, his problem is no one is left to listen anymore.

Edit : And for the record as a working professional creative I don't have the arrogance to assume my work can only be judged by other similar. I learnt long ago who pays my bills, and the insinuation that only one creative had the capacity to understand another creatives works is beyond insulting both to any dev/artist/creator and any consumer.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Edit : And for the record as a working professional creative I don't have the arrogance to assume my work can only be judged by other similar. I learnt long ago who pays my bills, and the insinuation that only one creative had the capacity to understand another creatives works is beyond insulting both to any dev/artist/creator and any consumer.

Quite right - I’d go further and suggest that others in the same creative field are often the least able to judge an artistic endevour objectively, for two reasons. 

Firstly, the rather cynical ‘future-job’ idea - no one wants to bash another creator, for fear they might actually meet them or, god-forbid, want to work with them in the future.

Secondly, the less cynical ‘too close to the trees’ idea - if you are a creative, you tend to view other artistic endevours in terms of very narrow aspects of them - they have the knowledge of how it is put together, and so become bogged down on the merits or limitation of very specific aspects of the thing, eschewing the ability to step back and view it as a whole and judge it so. They become so obsessed with how beautiful one particular tree branch is, that they don’t recognise the forrest is dying.

Both those reasons, by the way, are why awards like the Oscars (which can only be voted on by other creatives in the same field) tend to laud very different sets of films than the general public do.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Well I was certainly happy to see this game listed this week. My 6 year old daughter loves horses. So long as the gameplay isn’t too complicated and she can manage I’m sure she will love this game. Thanks to the developer for making games that appeal to different audiences. As to graphics I can attest to my daughter doesn’t care she just likes what she likes. Her favorites at the moment Celeste, shovel knight, crash bandicoot and super Mario world. Looking forward to getting her this and Spyro when it comes out.

12 hours ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Like say you want to buy a couch. You, having never built a couch, are not allowed to have negative feedback on a couch then? This is absolute nonsense and I don't want to believe that you are actually this stupid. I have more faith in you.

And to be on topic for once: It's a horse games for people who have played The Sims for about 4000 hours and want something different. Or course it sucks for most people. I mean look at the game. But if someone is having fun with it I'm happy for them. Other opinions mean nothing for personal enjoyment.

You don't see too many people reviewing the couch until you have actually sat on it or designed your own one in the first place.

The statement was more linked to have you played it or designed a game yourself not just "be a game designer" yes I should have went into more details with that in my first post and I am apologize both to yourself and @Jill__VaIentine for the way I wrote my first post.
But I would never listen to anybody's feedback on a just about anything unless they have tired it or made one themselves.

I do agree with you on the game it might not look too flash in the graphics department but depending on how long it is I might give it a go as game to play for an hour or two here or there.

11 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

and go easy in Fisty it seems he likes it both ways, his problem is no one is left to listen anymore.

I never knew you liked to talk about your self but add in other users, remember your the one who keeps pushing others away unless they are an elite trophy hunter just look at the amount of times you kept pulling out of comps and chat rooms.
Or are unable to think back that far as its a long way down from the fake pedestal you put yourself on with all your trophies

Don't really care who wants to listen to me, I have never been a person to play or talk about games for others to notice how good or bad I am, I play games because I enjoy them, I am just over these "This game is terrible topics" that keep starting up before the game is released.

Yep what I said in my first post came out not how I meant it and I should back down as I am in the wrong but I still stand by its hard to give feedback on a game without it being released or played it yourself. So I shall go back to my gaming now, and enjoy my solitude that you believe I have.

11 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Both those reasons, by the way, are why awards like the Oscars (which can only be voted on by other creatives in the same field) tend to laud very different sets of films than the general public do.

Can't disagree with that, Any big awards event that is decided by peers in the same environment is like you mentioned most of the time its never won by the one that deserves to win.

Edited by fisty123

4 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I never knew you liked to talk about your self but add in other users, remember your the one who keeps pushing others away unless they are an elite trophy hunter just look at the amount of times you kept pulling out of comps and chat rooms.
Or are unable to think back that far as its a long way down from the fake pedestal you put yourself on with all your trophies

You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you. Totally irrelevant to the statement that got you into this mess. I respect you admitting you didn't bring your point across correctly, I am not really surprised you back pedalled. The rest of your message is just thinly veiled hate. Grow up.

55 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you. Totally irrelevant to the statement that got you into this mess. I respect you admitting you didn't bring your point across correctly, I am not really surprised you back pedalled. The rest of your message is just thinly veiled hate. Grow up.

Oh so your allowed to say things like "and go easy in Fisty it seems he likes it both ways, his problem is no one is left to listen anymore." But when someone goes back at you its time to have a cry and call them a nasty piece of work. Works both ways mate, So in your words the rest of your first post was just " thinly veiled hate. Grow up."
You had no need to add that to your post but you did. Why you did I don't know perhaps it makes you feel warm inside.

But thank you for the respect you felt on my actions in relation to the issue at hand.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Honestly, so long as the gameplay itself is fine and not all that bland, as in, having to do repetitive things over and over again before you can do something else in a game is not fun.  So long as there's at least a bit of variety, I'd be willing to see what the game is all about.  Well that and the price of it, so long as it's not that expensive, about $20 would be fine.

But hey, at least the platinum has a proper title, not just calling it "Platinum" or some variant as such.

On 2018-06-05 at 9:57 PM, RunItsAShark said:

It's just a port of the 2014 steam game. The reviews are very passionate from seasoned horse lovers. 

Some of my favorite reviews:

"the horse models are much better than much recent and bigger budget games like The Elder Scrolls" -  what?

" the horses look better than in any other horse game I've played. their heads actually look pretty. Their legs don't look all wonky and weird." -  what?

"I bought this game for my Fiancee ...to get her something for rainy days" -  lol

"You have to earn money from winning competitions, massaging horses" -  massaging what you say? lol

Loooooooooooooooooool 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone wants to know, this game is a very easy plat. I found a disc version to rent and beat this in one sitting. The game is really bad all it is staying on a little plot of land with ps2 era graphics and move back and forth cleaning your horse, racing, and making money via giving Horse massages. To get the platinum you start by trying to unlock the massage parlor as soon as you can then stock pile money (I saved until 30k but this is a little over kill).  Then once that is done you can stock pile buying medicines, food, and all the books you need to buy for 3 of the trophies. And then start doing all the star tasks and skipping each day until it's Saturday and clean up your horse, give it medicines, then train for a race. Then skip until the next day win the Sunday race then rinse and repeat until you win all the races there are 9 in total. Then after that you can skip all the way until you've done 12 weeks without doing anything. 

It took me about 8 hours to plat but can be done in 6 hours if you know what you are doing and don't take breaks. But warning this game is a huge drag to get through and is very boring. You basically do the same thing over over and over again. I would only recommend this for the trophies and nothing else if you want a farming or Animal sim. Harvest Moon and Farming sim is way better and much more enjoyable plats to get. But if you want and effortless platinum in a day or two then by all means it's worth it. There also is a great guide over on PSTrophies a speed run like guide that i used to get through this game as quick as possible. But honestly you can figure out very easy what to do on your own as there is no time limit or game overs in this. It seems to go on forever so you don't have to sweat if you miss a day or a Sunday race.

Edited by KTILLA23
  • Like 1

Just now, Upendo_Vitani said:

Every time I see this game I want to buy it so bad. I am in need of a horse sim game. Honestly the best one I ever played was a Barbie horse game on the PC back when I was a young girl. I just think the $40 price tag is too much. I seen it on sale for $20 once and I kinda regret not buying it. 

Yes there is no way this game is worth $40 bucks. I would have a hard time even buying this for $10 honestly. This game is very bad i can't even believe this got a disc release. I have also played the Barbie Horse game on PSX  and ps2 and those ones were way better even.  There really isn't much to this game at all and the racing isn't even racing all it's an on the rails qte while hammering the X button and you win every time. There really isn't much sim challenge here either as i said you just stock pile money for 2 hours then just keep skipping days. There is no consequence for not taking care of your horse just clean him up the day before hit the track one. Then you will win every time lock him up for 6 days then rinse a repeat. Even $20 is very pricey for what you get out of it. I would highly recommend if you want a game like this one PS4 to get the Harvest Moon PS2 on PS4. It's not a horse sim no but even for a ps2 game that game looks and plays way better then this which is quite amazing . 

1 minute ago, KTILLA23 said:

Yes there is no way this game is worth $40 bucks. I would have a hard time even buying this for $10 honestly. This game is very bad i can't even believe this got a disc release. I have also played the Barbie Horse game on PSX  and ps2 and those ones were way better even.  There really isn't much to this game at all and the racing isn't even racing all it's an on the rails qte while hammering the X button and you win every time. There really isn't much sim challenge here either as i said you just stock pile money for 2 hours then just keep skipping days. There is no consequence for not taking care of your horse just clean him up the day before hit the track one. Then you will win every time lock him up for 6 days then rinse a repeat. Even $20 is very pricey for what you get out of it. I would highly recommend if you want a game like this one PS4 to get the Harvest Moon PS2 on PS4. It's not a horse sim no but even for a ps2 game that game looks and plays way better then this which is quite amazing . 

That's fair. Its a shame that there isn't a decently put together horse sim game on PS4. I do have A Wonderful Life on PS4 which I played to death on the GameCube back in the day maybe I will just start that one up again and save the $$.

Just now, Upendo_Vitani said:

That's fair. Its a shame that there isn't a decently put together horse sim game on PS4. I do have A Wonderful Life on PS4 which I played to death on the GameCube back in the day maybe I will just start that one up again and save the $$.

For sure it's a shame for sure there is no good animal sims on the ps4 as of right now and with this being one of the only ones is a sad joke. Unless of course you want an easy platinum and got the extra funds by all means go for it  or can find the disc version to rent like i did ?. And yes A Wonderful life is an awesome game i still have my gamecube copy from back in the day i should grab it on ps4 one day when it goes on sale again to grab the platinum and relive some relaxing gameplay. :)

• Like 1

Here we go again. Trophy hoarders know no shame. They play everything to feed their addiction. Look at the leaderboards and you'll the see the usual suspects. And you always see people justifying why they played games like this, making up stuff and praising irrelevant details. This is getting tiresome.

9 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Here we go again. Trophy hoarders know no shame. They play everything to feed their addiction. Look at the leaderboards and you'll the see the usual suspects. And you always see people justifying why they played games like this, making up stuff and praising irrelevant details. This is getting tiresome.

Well it's a shit game and I would never play it because I'd feel ashamed but you know what? It shouldn't bother you what others do. Live and let live.

• Like 1