Server shutdown 27/08/2018

Vergil

Game is pretty damn easy and the online is rather short. You can boost the level up rank stuff with two controllers online, but IIRC "Where's My Money?" and "Where Do You Put Them All?" requires another real online player.

So glad I platinumed this one about a year ago! I missed out on the online of Pacific Rift as I didn't own a PS3 before that got shut down, so I'm glad now that I got onto Apocalypse sooner rather than later. Really awesome game I thought, although I didn't really enjoy the online portion.

But for anyone yet to start, it's not too bad to get all trophies done legit - if I can manage then anyone can! Haha. I think it took me a month, maybe 2 of playing a few hours a week. Best to get started now though I'd suggest, if doing it legit :)

>Sad that it's happening

>>Sad that it's happening to MotorStorm, one of the few games I played online (albeit the PSP one)

>>>Sad that it's happening on my birthday no less

>>>>Sad that there probs won't be another MotorStorm for a gooooooood long while

In short, am sad.

• 1 month later...

Unable to connect for the last week or two. Sony keeps editing their notices and MotorStorm Apocalypse is now officially under "decommisioned", after being moved to "shut down June 22" in the middle of last month. Not sure what is going on exactly, but I keep getting "Communicating with server..." until an eventual error from PS3 itself every time. If any reader is able to connect, please post your status here (and any other findings) until the imminent "original" shutdown date of August 27. According to PSNProfiles, people keep earning online trophies still. How exactly? Beats me. Perhaps it does work at random hours or for certain users.

This is the exact same arguement people are getting in to as the crysis 2 thread,

The game has been out for 7 years not 7 months but 7 years, now that they announced it you shouldnt drop your nukes at sony for shutting down the servers.

Besides it's not like most of you would continue to play this game after they got the platinum?

One of the few multiplayer I enjoyed to play.Easy enough trophies to get,good variety of challenges.Collecting cards/weekly challenges.Multiplayer was great except when you get in matches with clans that just wanted to wreck you,could still rank up in private matches.A game the family can play together.

I played online with my 2 grandsons many a Saturday night which was most enjoyable.It was fun with headsets & chatter between us.

They told their grandmother I wasn't very good because I didn't win too many races.

Another one bites the dust,R.I.P.

• Like 2

A simple concept to achieve, no doubt. Turns out Special Events are also largely tied to online connectivity as well (Hardcore Festival unlocks aside), and the quickest way to get those tasks is Time Attack, but you have to connect and post lap times for it to count (or remain stuck at "Synchronising" for all of eternity). If you can't find the DLC events in the store, check if you have the latest patch, they are a part of it, should be installed by default (this allows for some progress on Rank 5, 15 etc. trophies if you are in a similar position). Possibly going to have to drop the idea, unless the game suddenly decides to stop thwarting my attempts to connect before the end, tried everything I could come up with. Disappointing on the whole, trophies in the game are largely quick, fun and inoffensive.

Edited by Creciente

So its just only 10 online trophies that must be done prior to shutdown right? Everything else can be acquired without server?

If you can't connect for whatever reason, you can still get rank 5 and (likely) 15 MP trophies via doing special events solo (they were added in a patch), as they reward you with chips (you will make progress toward do XYZ special event trophies as well, though those are easier to do in Time Attack if you're able to connect to post your lap times).

I'll probably start this thursday and focus on the online stuff. I read just do the dlc stuff to rank up helps. Which I'll probably do. But I worry more about the accolades and medals. Will those really just come naturally by playing mp to rank 40? Or can there be a boostable way. I do have extra controllers and extra ps3s if needed. And if so what is the best way?

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

21 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I'll probably start this thursday and focus on the online stuff. I read just do the dlc stuff to rank up helps. Which I'll probably do. But I worry more about the accolades and medals. Will those really just come naturally by playing mp to rank 40? Or can there be a boostable way. I do have extra controllers and extra ps3s if needed. And if so what is the best way?

The best to get to rank 40 is going to into custom private matches with a second controller that is logged in with another account then set the game modes to elimination 10 sec. Then keep betting chips(xp) every match so you can get to 40 in a day.

Accolades and medals how ever can only be done in matchmaker so if you need a partner for this pm me because I also need it

22 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

If you plan to do it legit the accolades and medals come naturally and more than that they help a lot to lvl up and I mean a lot.About the DLC special events you can earn around 600k chips there which would lvl you up a lot but beware cuz they are glitched.For me only the 1st 3 events of the special event that is already in the game worked and that's that,the other ones never worked anymore and yes I tried all the things you could imagine to get them to work so beware and if it happens to you it'll be like this:You'll come in 1st as it asks you to but you'll still get "event failed" if that happens just give up and go play online.The online of Apocalypse is buggy as hell just saying.

Too bad both the Gold & Red Joker event packs are unavailable in most (if not, all) of the EU reigons (including Australia & New Zealand). I managed to find both packs free on the US PlayStation Store but unless you’re playing the North American digital or physical copy of the game (I’m very sure the NA disc copy is only playable on the NTSC/NA disc based consoles that cannot play PAL/EU discs), the event packs won’t install onto your game/console, which really sucks.

11 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

Accolades and medals can only be done via matchmaker so if you need a partner for this pm me because I also need it

Both medals & accolades can be earned from private/open game lobbies. Medals can be easily obtained by using two controllers/accounts but accolades can only be awarded to you when a player using a seperate console from yours is present in the match. The only trophy for which users will have to earn via a matchmaking game is the “Where’s My Money?” trophy. 

So alternatively, if you own two PS3 consoles you can just boost the accolades by having the player on your first PS3 be present in a match with the second PS3’s account. You will want to make sure you have the digital version of the game downloaded & installef onto both PS3s or obtain a second disc copy of the game if you already own the physical version.

The dlc events and all that is rough!! Barely could get first in them for a super crapper casual racer like me. Well theres goes the plan to use those extra chips to rank up.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:39 PM, Phil said:

Damn. No more Motorstorm online then? When the fuck are we getting a new game? Best arcade racing series ever.

Edit: the USA store doesn't say that yet, but it was also the last store to update the message for Starhawk. It's just messed up that there's basically no announcement and very little notice. 

Late reply, but likely never. Evolution owned and developed MotorStorm, and that studio has closed down.

Got all the online trophies done. Thx goodness. Now to go back to story and collectibles but those arent affected by server so, woot! can relaxe now. lol Kinda stuck on the story mode though...cant beat End of the line...-_-. Tried 6x+ ><.

edit: Is there a super easy option somewhere I dont know about??

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

23 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Kinda stuck on the story mode though...cant beat End of the line...-_-. Tried 6x+ ><.

Speaking of that track, one of the 4 collectable cards located half-way through the race was a real pain in the a55 to collect. I had to repeat 2 or 3 laps of the track for this road-ramp to appear as this ramp is the only way you can access it. One mess-up and you will have to start the track all over again.