Vergil

Server shutdown 27/08/2018

75 posts in this topic

Damn. No more Motorstorm online then? When the fuck are we getting a new game? Best arcade racing series ever.

 

Edit: the USA store doesn't say that yet, but it was also the last store to update the message for Starhawk. It's just messed up that there's basically no announcement and very little notice. 

Edited by Phil
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was already down :o I heard something like a couple of years ago along with Pacific Rim.

 

Man, I need to get these online trophies done as well.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Damn. No more Motorstorm online then? When the fuck are we getting a new game? Best arcade racing series ever.

 

Edit: the USA store doesn't say that yet, but it was also the last store to update the message for Starhawk. It's just messed up that there's basically no announcement and very little notice. 

 

I agree, if they are shutting this down then bring us a new one. Hell, i'd even take a trilogy collection of the PS3 ones. Only time will tell.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And braindead people will still defend Sony, no matter what, with retarded replies like "who cares? they make good games". 

 

They are without a doubt a top 3 greediest company in gaming by far in my opinion. Want to know what your PS+ price increase was for? "Improved quality of service". I think reducing shutdown announcements from 90 days to 12 days is a superb start on making that pledge come true tbh :)

 

EDIT: I forgot the best part. Sony now add another award to their trophy cabinet alongside "First ps3 server closure", "First ps4 server closure", and "Most closed games on PSN":  The shortest server closure announcement of all time!  Dead Star was the former winner at 14 days, but now Sony have swooped in and claimed that accolade.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Damn. No more Motorstorm online then? When the fuck are we getting a new game? Best arcade racing series ever.

 

Edit: the USA store doesn't say that yet, but it was also the last store to update the message for Starhawk. It's just messed up that there's basically no announcement and very little notice. 

The developmental studio was shut down.  It's the same company that developed DriveClub.  Onrush is the next game.  Same company who many MotorStorm.  It came out earlier this week.  Gonna buy this week.  @Potent_Delusions the game has been out seven years.  Fortunately, the grind isn't too bad.  Well, IDK about the servers now.

Edited by grimydawg
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for info, we had 7 years to do those online trophies which is more than enough so I can understand the shutdown. If only Pacific Rift had so much time -_-

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite online multiplayer in a game ever... R.I.P. You were fun while you lasted

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

And braindead people will still defend Sony, no matter what, with retarded replies like "who cares? they make good games". 

 

They are without a doubt a top 3 greediest company in gaming by far in my opinion. Want to know what your PS+ price increase was for? "Improved quality of service". I think reducing shutdown announcements from 90 days to 12 days is a superb start on making that pledge come true tbh :)

 

EDIT: I forgot the best part. Sony now add another award to their trophy cabinet alongside "First ps3 server closure", "First ps4 server closure", and "Most closed games on PSN":  The shortest server closure announcement of all time!  Dead Star was the former winner at 14 days, but now Sony have swooped in and claimed that accolade.

 

I agree that the shutdown notice was too short, but the game has been out for a long time for over seven years and I'm pretty sure the online barely had any people on it. It costs money to run servers and if enough people aren't playing online, then there is little to no incentive to keep the servers open.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

 

Still doesn't excuse a 12 days notice though does it. They could have posted this in April, not June 10th.....

I agree, luckily those online trophies can be done within one day.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah giving only 12 days notice is real bullshit, but as said above good thing this online is very easy to do.

 

just makes you wonder if the motostorm franchise is now dead :hmm: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I can understand why it is closing. It's been out ages and it's one of the games that me and a few friends predicted would close this year or next. No issue with it shutting....but 12 days notice for such a big company is absolute horseshit as far as i'm concerned. Short notices are more fair enough for indie companies where a matter of weeks can be make or break, but there's zero reason for Sony to have gone from 90 days to 12 day notices, other than greed, which they're very good at.

 

EDIT: @Conker, yes...it is dead. They have killed most of their franchises now: Resistance, SOCOM, Buzz, Modnation, and Motorstorm to name but a few.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

 

Still doesn't excuse a 12 days notice though does it. They could have posted this in April, not June 10th.....

 

Well technically they haven´t made any announcment. We probably should start going through all games from A-Z to see if we find other games with surprises.

Edited by DPatriot
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They give no notice because nobody cares about MSA or Starhawk anymore. It literally takes more effort to put up a post on the ps blog than ignoring all 3 people who tweet at them. I made a tweet about Starhawk at Sony and nobody else did. Nobody retweeted it either and I left the link on this site.

 

So, don't pretent like any of you actually give a shit. If you did, you'd be bugging Sony on their twitter. Takes 5 minutes to make an account and 2 minutes to write a question. So, don't act all pissed off about no announcement when you can't be assed to address them directly.

Edited by Phil
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody knows if the notice on the Store was added today, could've been added a week ago or even before.

 

The grinding for the trophies is not long, the problem is that most vehicles and customisation parts are locked behind online. I completed all Part Challenges and eventually reached Rank 80 all by myself, it can be done with two controllers and accounts, but only if you have plenty of free time and patience (and a stable connection)

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this time for reals? 

Guess the first one was a test.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil said:

They give no notice because nobody cares about MSA or Starhawk anymore. It literally takes more effort to put up a post on the ps blog than ignoring all 3 people who tweet at them. I made a tweet about Starhawk at Sony and nobody else did. Nobody retweeted it either and I left the link on this site.

 

So, don't pretent like any of you actually give a shit. If you did, you'd be bugging Sony on their twitter. Takes 5 minutes to make an account and 2 minutes to write a question. So, don't act all pissed off about no announcement when you can't be assed to address them directly.

 

 

Because why would anyone question it? We've seen the trend with Starhawk: the warning starts on EU stores and then eventually goes on the NA store. There's nothing we can do about it, they are not interested. Thousands of people tweet them everyday. They are not going to delay the server closure either, the best thing to do is just get the trophies done.

 

Anyway, what does tweeting them have to do with them not being assed to have the decency to give 90 days warnings? It's too late, they've given the warning. Tweet them all you like, it doesn't change the fact that they've gone from a very decent 90 days policy to a 12 days policy. Anyone who doesn't do these trophies then complains that they thought the warning was fake when the servers do close is a dumbass anyway.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issues with old game's servers being closed because hey, they have had their time and are more than likely dead. But the decent thing to do is give people a heads up when you're shutting something down. Even if you aren't a trophy hunter, fans of a series might want to be able to play it before it's gone for good. 

 

As for the trophies, i'm glad it doesn't take too long and most people will be able to do it within the 12 days. I only have one MP trophy left to do anyway and thats reach lvl 40. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang. Haven't even started this since I bought it from that sale in 2015 for $2.25. Glad they extended it till Aug 27th. Guess I'll give it a play soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, G_B0mb--8 said:

 

I trust the official website more than the store for this. The official website certainly takes less time to update than the store and you can also refer to that link to inform them that they've been misleading customers about server shutdowns if they do shut it on June 22nd. I won't do the game, but if you want it then just do it before June 22nd so you truly don't have to worry. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sergen said:

 

I trust the official website more than the store for this. The official website certainly takes less time to update than the store and you can also refer to that link to inform them that they've been misleading customers about server shutdowns if they do shut it on June 22nd. I won't do the game, but if you want it then just do it before June 22nd so you truly don't have to worry. 

The official Website doesnt say anything about Starhawk though. I will definitly do it before June 22nd^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.