3 Big Games Being Released on February 22nd, 2019

SuperSaiyan3985

3 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL Days Gone and Metro are both post-apocalyptic shooters.

While both being post apocalyptic, I wouldn’t say that they are close to being the same. Different setting, different camera view and vastly different enemies among a long list of things.

Saying that they are the same is like saying that Fallout 4 and Dead Island are the same, just because they both share the post apocalyptic theme. It’s just untrue. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Already? Isn’t a little early to judge Anthem we haven’t even seen that much? It looks good thus far.

Yeah already. I'm not into the whole "you can play on your own but it will be harder" so they're pretty much forcing you to play online. Just not interested in that, I prefer singleplayer games.

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

From first impressions it just gives off too much of a The Last of Us feel to it.

We got more than enough post apocalyptic games on zombies, aliens and what have you. 

I have absolutely no doubt that it will be a solid game worthy of purchase. But graphics don't determine how good a game actually is.

Here we go again saying it’s “too much like TLOU.” Man, I hate whenever people say that. The game plays waaaay different than TLOU and the enemies react much differently too. The story is going to be different as well so I don’t see why people have to be so condescending on these post-apocalyptic games. 

10 hours ago, Lilseb93 said:

I know that. I was referring to Crackdown. 

Days Gone already got delayed. Getting delayed again to get out of this date sets a bad narrative that there could issues with the game. I feel like they will stay put. 

Must I remind you how many times Uncharted 4 was delayed?

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Days Gone is going to get absolutely obliterated.

It’ll be less than half price before April if this ends up being the case.

LOL that’s completely false. Sales will be inhibited sure but it won’t be sub-50% by April. That’s stupid, and impossible.

7 hours ago, Intresseklubben said:

While both being post apocalyptic, I wouldn’t say that they are close to being the same. Different setting, different camera view and vastly different enemies among a long list of things.

Saying that they are the same is like saying that Fallout 4 and Dead Island are the same, just because they both share the post apocalyptic theme. It’s just untrue. 

They fit within the same genre is what I’m saying. I think Days Gone will have the advantage over Metro because it has a bigger marketing budget; it seems not all that many people are familiar with Metro.

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Yeah already. I'm not into the whole "you can play on your own but it will be harder" so they're pretty much forcing you to play online. Just not interested in that, I prefer singleplayer games.

Good point there. I’m on the borderline of getting it or not, it all depends on how they treat SP gamers. 

8 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Must I remind you how many times Uncharted 4 was delayed?

Uncharted is a well established franchise and Naughty Dog is a well respected developer. Days Gone is a new IP. SIE Bend Studio hasn't made a game in 7 years. Uncharted 4 had the benefit of the doubt. That doesn't mean Days Gone will be bad though. I think they'll stay put. 

Edited by Lilseb93

metro exodus is a buy from me, considering the books and previous two games were solid IMO. Anthem is hyped up and im worried for Bioware.  I don't really care for days gone, it looks like a generic zombie game (im buying the last of us two and the resident evil 2 remake though.)

I guess most people thought, myself included, Feb 22nd was a good release date for Days Gone. Then all these other titles get the same date. *sigh

Out of the 4 games (including Crackdown 3), only Days Gone is day one purchase for me. All the other games I'd only buy if they went on sale maybe, I'm kind of interested in them but I can pass on them for a while... a long while.

And about Days Gone, to me it seems more like Mad Max meets zombies than TLOU (I don't like TLOU).

• Like 1

I mean they're smart for releasing it next year because October is literally a fuckfest, especially if you've got multiple consoles.

Megaman - October 2nd

Forza Horizon 4 - October 2nd

Assassin's creed - October 5th

Super Mario party - October 5th

Black Ops 4  - October 12th

Starlink - October 16th

Battlefield V - October 19th

Just Dance 2019 - October 23rd

Red Dead - October 26th

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - October 30th

These are all going to be $60 games releasing the same month.. I'm pretty sure three $60 the same day isn't too much imo. The best solution imo is just buy the one you're most confident with, wait for reviews for the others and from there make a decision if you want to purchase them now or hold off for a sale. If I'm not mistaken Wolfenstein II released the same day as another big game as I remember selling multiple $60 games to people who were buying Wolfenstein II when it originally came out. I honestly don't think any of these games are going to be pushed back.. especially Days Gone imo because it's been kicked back a couple of times now. I think it's release date is done running away.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 5:17 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm glad about not being interested in these games. It would've been a huge dilemma otherwise about deciding which game to play :lol: . Though I do expect the release date to change a bit.

Same on both accounts. Actually I expect Anthem to be delayed till April or May 2019.

On 6/18/2018 at 0:34 PM, kittygirl2010 said:

Man I'm glad that I'm only interested in one game from those three. Even then, gonna wait for reviews cuz Anthem is being published by EA. RIP wallet for anyone buying all three. That's rough!

Money isn't even the main issue it's time for me LOL. Mechanical Engineering demands so much of my attention.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:28 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Wow.

:)

After decades of gaming I don't really get that excited. I loved JC2, not so much JC3 but am looking forward to JC4. The rest? They can wait, particularly RDR2 since I found RDR kinda boring.

On 6/14/2018 at 0:32 AM, DuckSwimmer said:

I mean they're smart for releasing it next year because October is literally a fuckfest, especially if you've got multiple consoles.

Megaman - October 2nd

Forza Horizon 4 - October 2nd

Assassin's creed - October 5th

Super Mario party - October 5th

Black Ops 4  - October 12th

Starlink - October 16th

Battlefield V - October 19th

Just Dance 2019 - October 23rd

Red Dead - October 26th

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - October 30th

These are all going to be $60 games releasing the same month.. I'm pretty sure three $60 the same day isn't too much imo. The best solution imo is just buy the one you're most confident with, wait for reviews for the others and from there make a decision if you want to purchase them now or hold off for a sale. If I'm not mistaken Wolfenstein II released the same day as another big game as I remember selling multiple $60 games to people who were buying Wolfenstein II when it originally came out. I honestly don't think any of these games are going to be pushed back.. especially Days Gone imo because it's been kicked back a couple of times now. I think it's release date is done running away.

are the games you listed going to be released this for this year or next?

Just now, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You just called RDR boring...are you hearing yourself?

Yes the game to me was and is pretty boring so I have no interest in a sequel. I think if you googled rdr is boring you'd get a similar response, I don't think the theme is going to interest people with no connection to the supposed location or history.

• 4 weeks later...