3 Big Games Being Released on February 22nd, 2019

SuperSaiyan3985

So apparently Metro Exodus, Days Gone, and Anthem all release on the same day...what the heck. Is this a complete coincidence or was it intentional, because I hate that all these games are so crammed together when I'm interested in all three. I think I'm gonna buy Days Gone day one, then after I'm done with that buy Metro Exodus, and if Anthem's good that too.

What're ya'll's thoughts on this? Do you think any of the games will be moved?

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The-Sigma-Alpha said:

I think Days Gone will be moved. Anthem will sale a bunch based on hype and is on 3 platforms. Regardless of whether its good or not, that's what most people will be talking about and I don't think that's good for Days Gone. Sony should move it.

Another delay? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I get everyone is trying to avoid Red Dead, but damn the same exact day? If you include Crackdown 3, that makes it 4. Man... something is probably getting pushed back. Anthem is probably the big dog of that day based on the hype. I'm not really into it so I think I'll pass. Days Gone seems like a game I would get day 1, but I'm iffy on it. Metro really intrigues me, but IDK if I'd get it day 1. And I don't really play Xbox. 

Sony probably doesn't to delay Days Gone again since it gives off a bad narrative. Metro might be moved.. maybe not. I think Microsoft just wants to get Crackdown 3 over with already and it won't affect things that much. Very interesting. 

I think Days Gone is the game I'd most likely buy first on that day. 

It's actually 4 games. xD Crackdown 3 releases that day as well. I don't see why that's such a popular date to all of the developers but it can't possibly be a coincidence. I'm almost certain we'll see delays for at least one or two of them. 

• Like 1

We are packed with games starting with Spiderman in September all the way through March when the Division 2 releases.  

Spiderman

BO4

Assassins Creed 

Battlefield V

Red dead redemption 2

Just cause 4

Metro Exodus

Days Gone

Anthem 

the division 2

with the exception of anthem I want all of these.  Most are a grind so I will start by getting multiplayer/ co-op games and then buy the single player games at a later date on sale

Edited by steel6burgh

On 6/12/2018 at 3:54 AM, Happy said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out in October so a lot of publishers are releasing their games in February in an attempt to dodge it.

Well Sony exclusives and other SP-focused games usually don’t release in the fall regardless because there are so many multiplat AAA games that come out during that time. I.E. COD, AC, BF, and now RDR.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:21 AM, The-Sigma-Alpha said:

I think Days Gone will be moved. Anthem will sale a bunch based on hype and is on 3 platforms. Regardless of whether its good or not, that's what most people will be talking about and I don't think that's good for Days Gone. Sony should move it.

I agree. If Sony has a half brain they’ll delay it at least a month. It wouldn’t make sense to release it in January either seeing as how that’s when KH3 & RE2 Remake come out.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:38 AM, Spaz said:

Days Gone doesn't impress me enough to buy it day one. Didn't meet up to my standards.

Then again I haven't bought anything day one since the mid 2000s.

Why hasn’t it impressed you? I think it’s looks superb.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:14 AM, Lilseb93 said:

I get everyone is trying to avoid Red Dead, but damn the same exact day? If you include Crackdown 3, that makes it 4. Man... something is probably getting pushed back. Anthem is probably the big dog of that day based on the hype. I'm not really into it so I think I'll pass. Days Gone seems like a game I would get day 1, but I'm iffy on it. Metro really intrigues me, but IDK if I'd get it day 1. And I don't really play Xbox. 

Sony probably doesn't to delay Days Gone again since it gives off a bad narrative. Metro might be moved.. maybe not. I think Microsoft just wants to get Crackdown 3 over with already and it won't affect things that much. Very interesting. 

Gives off a bad narrative? Elaborate on that.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:31 AM, NaseemJohn said:

I’ll be getting all three of em day one but now I’m just hoping at least one of em gets delayed cause at this point I really don’t know which I’ll play first. 

I’ll definitely be getting Days Gone day one but there’s no point in buying Metro the same day if I’m gonna be trying to finish Days Gone first, might as well get it once I’m done with DG so that it’s cheaper. Anthem is currently lowest priority. 

On 6/12/2018 at 5:51 AM, communistwookiee said:

Hard pass on Anthem. I feel like Metro Exodus needs/deserves the most love, getting it day one for sure. Probably grab Days Gone day one too.

I won’t be getting Anthem day one that’s a fact, but I will be sure to start with DG. Although I do agree Metro needs the most support so it need some to be saparated from these other games.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:59 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

I don't think the playerbase is the same for these games so I doesn't matter that much if they are released the same day or not. As far as I'm concerned I'm only interested in Days Gone so no dilemma for me :P 

Well Metro & Days Gone are both post-apocalyptic horror shooters.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:03 AM, Intresseklubben said:

Metro Exodus is the only one i’m remotely interested in so I’m good, and it looks real nice.

I think the games are different enough so (hopefully) none get buried.

LOL Days Gone and Metro are both post-apocalyptic shooters.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:07 AM, Feral said:

Anthem is just a no. I'll definitely get Metro Exodus and Days Gone though.

Already? Isn’t a little early to judge Anthem we haven’t even seen that much? It looks good thus far.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:01 AM, steel6burgh said:

We are packed with games starting with Spiderman in September all the way through March when the Division 2 releases.  

Spiderman

BO4

Assassins Creed 

Battlefield V

Red dead redemption 2

Just cause 4

Metro Exodus

Days Gone

Anthem 

the division 2

with the exception of anthem I want all of these.  Most are a grind so I will start by getting multiplayer/ co-op games and then buy the single player games at a later date on sale

TELL ME ABOUT IT. RIP wallet and time.

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Why hasn’t it i pressed you? I think it’s looks superb.

From first impressions it just gives off too much of a The Last of Us feel to it.

We got more than enough post apocalyptic games on zombies, aliens and what have you. 

I have absolutely no doubt that it will be a solid game worthy of purchase. But graphics don't determine how good a game actually is.

21 hours ago, Lilseb93 said:

Metro is multiplat. 

I think i'm gonna maybe buy Metro and Days Gone. More likely Days Gone as I still need to finish the first two Metro games. Anthem looked generic and boring.

I'm in the small pocket of players that's probably going to get all three... on top of Kingdom Hearts 3 a few weeks before, and The Division 2 month after that. RIP wallet, indeed. But in the grand scheme of things? An absolutely fantastic time to be a gamer.

Is this the part where I confess some sort of addiction, or something?

Metro is multiplat.

I think they were referring to Crackdown, which is Xbox, also releasing that day.

Edited by Xannic

32 minutes ago, xKrAzY_8sx said:

Metro is multiplat. 

I think i'm gonna maybe buy Metro and Days Gone. More likely Days Gone as I still need to finish the first two Metro games. Anthem looked generic and boring.

I know that. I was referring to Crackdown. 

42 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Gives off a bad narrative? Elaborate on that.

Days Gone already got delayed. Getting delayed again to get out of this date sets a bad narrative that there could issues with the game. I feel like they will stay put. 

• Like 1