Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Will you buy a PS4?

Will you buy a PS4?   286 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a PS4?

• YES! At launch!
    • Maybe at launch, it depends on price/games.
    • Within a year of launch.
    • Maybe within a couple years after launch.
    • Not interested yet.
    • No, never will.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

173 posts in this topic

Pre-Ordered!!!! I wants it! :)

Edited by skinner49

Will be buying it day-1 with a bunch of games ! 

:D !  

Yeah, I'll definitely be buying one :D As long as I have the cash for it anyway.

Meh.  Just got a PS3 a couple of weeks ago, so I have a looooooooot of games to catch up on before I even think about getting a PS4. I'll probably end up making the jump when a big franchise I like (say, Final Fantasy) puts their next iteration out on PS4 only.  I'd make the jump for a new Mega Man game too.

I have a feeling that I could probably get one on the week it launches or something.

Yes! For sure but I probably won't be buying it within the first year. I've learned my lesson with adopting the Vita early(lack of games)

i'll probably wait until price drop or when they release a better version of it. still have lots of games to finish too

I want to see launch games and launch window games first

Sony only goes to crappy slims after awhile. And they all have way more problems then the release systems. There noticably slower, they constantly freeze, and they dont put in a better fan to keep it cool. Launch systems were better for Ps1 Ps2 and Ps3

i'll probably wait until price drop or when they release a better version of it. still have lots of games to finish too

not gonna buy one, but I am sure gonna get one, no matter the means!

Sony only goes to crappy slims after awhile. And they all have way more problems then the release systems. There noticably slower, they constantly freeze, and they dont put in a better fan to keep it cool. Launch systems were better for Ps1 Ps2 and Ps3

I disagree with that. I have launch systems for all the PlayStation systems and each one still works perfectly, and I also have all the "slim" versions of each and they run just as well, if not better than the launch systems. I have never had a problem with any of my slim systems.

To answer the threads question, yes, I'll be buying a PlayStation 4 on launch. I have with the other three and don't intend on stopping with this one.

Parker

Maybe at launch, it depends on price/games.

I might wait a couple months afterwards to make sure theres no bugs, besides I also want to buy a couple games around the same time for the PS3. Although if I have the extra money, I'll buy it on launch day.

Edited by Noire_Symphony

Slims will always be crappier; in materials. What did you expect for a cheaper price? Now with the noticeably slower, there has be some comparisons sorta and some slim games load faster than phats and vice versa so its kinda hard to say. But most new ps3 games will work with the new Slims but might have chances of not working with some phats. Its kinda stupid how these days buying a game for a specific system doesnt always mean you can play on it, with the many different versions of a system. You think all Ps3 games work smoothly on all Ps3, guess not. And I totally agree with leaving out the good fan to keep it cool. Why does jpn ps3 get the better fan!? It's like Sony wants our system to overheat. "It's nothing personal, ____ - it's just good business"

Slims will always be crappier; in materials. What did you expect for a cheaper price? Now with the noticeably slower, there has be some comparisons sorta and some slim games load faster than phats and vice versa so its kinda hard to say. But most new ps3 games will work with the new Slims but might have chances of not working with some phats. Its kinda stupid how these days buying a game for a specific system doesnt always mean you can play on it, with the many different versions of a system. You think all Ps3 games work smoothly on all Ps3, guess not. And I totally agree with leaving out the good fan to keep it cool. Why does jpn ps3 get the better fan!? It's like Sony wants our system to overheat. "It's nothing personal, ____ - it's just good business"

What are you talking about? I have my fair share of PS3 games and I have played every single one on my launch 60gb system as well as my slim and have never had an issue. What games don't work on the older PS3's?

Parker

Nope. I might not buy PS4 for a long time for there might be still bugs on the  first release of the system and there aren't any games that interested me. I'm still having so much fun playing PS3 I personally think that it's too early for a ps4.

What are you talking about? I have my fair share of PS3 games and I have played every single one on my launch 60gb system as well as my slim and have never had an issue. What games don't work on the older PS3's?

Parker

Well you are lucky then. There are people with games that experience difficulties with certain Ps3 models. Games like Uncharted 3? Twisted Metal? of course its not just the older Ps3, but the majority is. just go to their forums and read the issues. David Jaffe even admitted over his twitter that TM might not run on all Ps3 models especially older ones.

Highly unlikely.

Don't get me wrong, graphics are great and all but there are only a few games I actually enjoy on the PS3. I'll most likely stop at the PS3 and head back to the Playstation One/2, Wii, NES, SNES, and all those great consoles.