Will you buy a PS4?

skinner49

Will you buy a PS4?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a PS4?

• YES! At launch!
    • Maybe at launch, it depends on price/games.
    • Within a year of launch.
    • Maybe within a couple years after launch.
    • Not interested yet.
    • No, never will.

I voted for within a year of launch.

Quite simply because the PlayStation, the PS2 and the PS3 all launched in Japan and then in North America months before its launch in EU. I and have seen nothing to suggest that this will be any different.

So whilst I expect to my my PS4 a few weeks after it goes on sale here, I can see that being up to 6 months after it goes on sale in Japan.

I have never understood this as EU sales for consoles are at the very least 1:1 comparable with North American sales and both have always exceed Asia region sales.

I voted for within a year of launch.

Quite simply because the PlayStation, the PS2 and the PS3 all launched in Japan and then in North America months before its launch in EU. I and have seen nothing to suggest that this will be any different.

So whilst I expect to my my PS4 a few weeks after it goes on sale here, I can see that being up to 6 months after it goes on sale in Japan.

I have never understood this as EU sales for consoles are at the very least 1:1 comparable with North American sales and both have always exceed Asia region sales.

Well, you can take the poll as the "day one" being the release date in your country, regardless of how much time it has been out in other parts of the world :)

I think that European and North American gamers deserve a worldwide launch, but the translation stuff would be massive (specially for Europe). Anyway, we don't know what is going to happen yet, this console is supposed to be promoting "connection with the world", maybe they'll make it global, fingers crossed :)

Well, being as it won't play PS3 games (not the discs at least), I am not going to get one at launch.

I will wait for some good games to come out on it that make me think "I must have one".

If it is out in the UK this side of xmas, I might ask for one for xmas.

If not I will just wait and see. Buy one when I feel the time is right.

I will get one eventually. Just not straight away.

Will also give Sony chance to iron out any issues that arise with it.

Yup, should be out here this year.  I read Sony are apparently doing the first PS4 advert during the Champion League final which makes me think that it will be this year in the UK.

Well I hope so!

f it is out in the UK this side of xmas, I might ask for one for xmas.

If not I will just wait and see. Buy one when I feel the time is right.

I'd say within a year of launch or maybe a bit after. I like to hang on for a while and as im still left with a backlog of games ( bloody plus doesn't help lol ) and it not being backwards compatible I do not feel the need to rush out for it.  Although on the other hand Ive always preferred the first release cycle. They always seem to be the better looking consoles and I really dislike the "tacky looking" slim models that release sooner or later as the trend seems to be. Will also be interesting to see how they handle pricing not just for the hardware but also when it comes to the online features and PSN Plus. If there changing it to different membership tiers or if its the same pricing structure they currently have.

Edited by allsop1986