Backlog Pyramid Challenge

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I actually own a physical version of the game so I will resell it. Only paid 20 euros for it will likely get something around 15 to 18 euros for it so I only paid a little bit for the game. And  i just counted the number of events I joined and for me it's currently three timed ones (spelling bee, trophophobia, Vita anniversary) and two with open ends (this one and the "what the hell" one). At least I can reuse a few games across some events otherwise it would be quite hard to handle.

I am in several events myself. The ones I have a deadline on are Summer Backlog 2018(must finish by August 31), Fall Backlog 2018(starts on Sept. 1, must finish by Nov. 30), Trophophobia(starts Sept. 1, must finish by Halloween), the Spelling Bee(must finish by September 30), the Vita anniversary(due Feb 9, 2019) and SURPASS YOUR LIMITS!!!(ends at August 1, 2019, so this is the longest timed event). This is the only event which doesn't have a deadline, but I do need to finish it for sake of cleaning out my backlog and because I wanted to prove I love Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest. (After all, I am going to try to preorder the physical copy of Dragon Quest XI at Gamestop tomorrow. ^_^)

The key here is trying not to take too many events that are have similar deadlines. Even if you cop out and use those "whore" games that take only 30 hours to complete if you don't rest at all, things may get in the way and prevent you from gaming non-stop. For me, I have to go to church on the weekend and do my gym and grocery shopping on Monday, and I also sometimes have dental appointments and haircuts so even without having a job(which I plan to do as a volunteer soon), I don't have the entire week to myself so you have to be sure to give time to play your games.

Hey guys that's game number 3 done. I got Ni No Kuni 2 finished up a few days ago. Decent game but way too much unnecessary grinding at the end and too many fetch quests. 

1Lb42902.png

One True King

(please note - There was no DLC on this game when I added it to my pyramid nor when I started playing the game, hence why it is at 95%) 

• Like 1

Got through Overcooked 2 (Platinum #100!) and God of War Ascension shortly thereafter.

Now I'm done with 6/10. Pyramid progress:

Sa4866e.png

S28fc79.pngS698de4.png

S67b633.pngSe109ed.pngS238a7c.png

Se5f7b6.pngS327a52.pngSc0f44a.pngSbd6a83.png

Ultra Rare: Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (Vita) <-- need motivation to get through that DLC

Very Rare: Tales of Xillia, Overcooked 2

Rare: God of War Ascension, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita), Uncanny Valley (Vita)

Common/Uncommon: God of War (PS3), Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita), Mecho Tales (Vita), Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden 

Will probably tackle God of War and Abyss next.

• Like 3

Some progress to report. :dance:

Spoiler

S63a110.png

Sd2d12c.pngSa3ff8d.png

S9e84a9.pngS193100.pngSc31f2a.png

S7f0c6b.pngS94f543.pngS5a61a4.pngS7e981a.png

Ultra Rare

Grid Autosport (Plat: 2.27% / 100%: 0.78%)

Very Rare

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Plat: 19.16% / 100%: 5.07%) Finished on 28th July 2018

Ys Origin (Plat: 7.30%)

Rare
Megadimension Neptunia VII (Plat: 13.20%)

Owlboy (Plat: 19.40%) Finished on 17th August 2018

Sundered (Plat: 12.44%)

Uncommon/Common

Muv-Luv (Plat: 39.42%) Finished on 5th August 2018

Muv-Luv Alternative (Plat: 55.95%) Finished on 1st September 2018

NieR: Automata (Plat: 32.57%)

Rime (Plat: 27.93%)

Finished Muv-Luv Alternative just recently. Overall it was a really enjoyable Visual Novel. The only thing I disliked was the rather abrupt ending and the fact that you have to restart from somewhere in the middle of the story to trigger some specific scenes which are tied to achievements. But otherwise I would say that the story was even more enjoyable for me than Steins;Gate, but that's no real surprise as it's more or less the blueprint for the story of Steins;Gate but with added elements like extraterristrials and mechas. :)

I might also consider swapping Megadimension against some other game in the Rare-category but I'm not entirely sure what to pick. Maybe I will swap it for the PS4-stack of Lacrimosa of Dana. :hmm: 

One down, Nine to go!

Spoiler

5032949567a60bd20fa5e5c84116eea5.png

Ultra Rare
Guitar Hero Live (0.94%) [current trophies: 46/50, 85%]
Very Rare
Skylanders: Spyro's Adevnture (8.98%) [current trophies: 14/38, 37%]
Wheel Of Fortune (5.17%) [completed 2nd September 2018]
Rare

The Adventures of Tintin (NA) (13.64%) [current trophies: 37/51, 62%]
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (13.04%) [current trophies: 9/33, 15%]
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (10.30%) [current trophies: 8/45, 11%]
Uncommon/Common

LEGO City Undercover (26.02%) [current trophies: 2/49, 3%]

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm (61.94%) [current trophies: 0/35, 0%]

Rango (54.17%) [current trophies: 15/47, 26%]

Virtue's Last Reward (NA) (37.92%) [current trophies: 7/33, 10%]

• Like 4

JKMMFM2.png

Finished my second and easiest game the other day: Eventide 2.

I normally do two playthroughs in hidden object games, the first on normal and the second on the higher difficulty. This time I had to start a third for one collectable I forgeot in my second playthrough even with a guide. :facepalm: Fortunately it was one near the beginning of the game.

I'm not sure which game I will play next from my list. It's either Far Cry Primal or South Park: The Fractured but Whole. I think I will go through the games from bottom to top.

• Like 2

Sfce5a1.png

Sc2d69f.pngSe3f6ed.png

S8396eb.pngS0e99ec.pngS414f9d.png

S896c74.pngSf8ba9e.pngSfe8d23.pngSd3d10d.png

Ultra Rare: Puppeteer - 0%

Very Rare: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 76%, Darksiders II - 100%

Rare: Kingdom Hearts II - 0%, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - 52%, Dead Space - 5%

Uncommon/Common: God of War - 100%, Until Dawn - 0%, PaPo & Yo - 100%, rain - 100%

Edit: Apparently it has been a loooong time since I last posted, I do apologize. Looks like I also completed rain along with Papo & Yo since I last posted.

Been a while since I posted. Making very slow progress, but just have two trophies from the main story of Tomb Raider left before hammering out the online. Currently lvl 23/60

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 1

Up to 7/10! Never thought I'd 100% 1/2 Genie Hero but I did it! Thanks for setting up this event to motivate me to finish.

I only need to finish my speedrun for God of War PS3 and Abyss should be quick and easy. Xillia will be the wall for a while.

Sa4866e.png

S28fc79.pngS698de4.png

S67b633.pngSe109ed.pngS238a7c.png

Se5f7b6.pngS327a52.pngSc0f44a.pngSbd6a83.png

Ultra Rare: Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (Vita)

Very Rare: Tales of Xillia, Overcooked 2

Rare: God of War Ascension, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita), Uncanny Valley (Vita)

Common/Uncommon: God of War (PS3), Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita), Mecho Tales (Vita), Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden 

• Like 2

Two down now ?
...not bad considering I've been spending 95% of my time boosting Crysis 2!

Spoiler

63957931077658ce9bb79b8ebdfcb052.png

Ultra Rare
Very Rare
Rare

The Adventures of Tintin (NA) (13.64%) [completed 14th September 2018]
Uncommon/Common

Rango (54.17%) [current trophies: 15/47, 26%]

I had some extra time today, so I looked around and scrubbed the list.

So how am I doing. Well primarily when I have time, I whittle away at GOT, with only now two chapters to go. I did some good work on Uno a few days ago, to bring it up about half way. since I will be stuck at home recovering in about a week I think I am going to be able knock out a few of these. When I am not playing Dragon Quest which I am picking up today.

Ultra Rare: 

Diablo 3  04%

Very Rare:

Tokyo Xanadu 94%

Uno  42%

Rare:

Yonder  100%

Furmins  11%

Lego Marvel 1  100%

Uncommon/Common:

Murdered Soul Suspect  100%

Lost Sphear  50%

Adventures of Mana  05%

Game of Thrones   63%

Wow, Rango really was an easy game! I've no idea why I gave up on it last time and didn't see it through!
Anyway, Plat #3.

Spoiler

1f41ab7076abc68ad5391d9822cd7f9e.png

Ultra Rare
Very Rare
Rare

The Adventures of Tintin (NA) (13.64%) [completed 14th September 2018]
Uncommon/Common

Rango (54.17%) [completed 16th September 2018]

Finely managed to clear a 2nd game from this list (since I have been playing others..). Next will be Modnations Racers or Fallout, since everything else is in my "to only setup the platinum" list, to pop up after I setup/get my 200th Plat milestone. 

As for Rivals, it's not that good and a total technical mess on ps3 (I heard it's not as technically messed on ps4), so, just avoid this and play it on ps4 if you want to experience one of the worst NFS in the last 2 generations.. 

Ultra Rare

Lc7950b.pngL36d2b1.pngLe66070.pngL09417c.png

Dirt 3, Fallout Shelter, Driver San Fransisco, Modnations Racers

Very Rare

La9ed37.pngL927b2d.pngL8c7ff1.png

Dirt Showdown, Split Second, Need For Speed Rivals

Rare

L5fdbe8.pngL4e9aa2.png

Shining Resonance, Kingdom Hearts 2

Common

Lc9ecd0.png
XBlaze: Lost Memories

• Like 1

It's been too long. My Pyramid needs to get an update now. :(

So I earned a cuppa of trophies in Ratchet and Clank PS4 by clearing the objectives in Aridia and grabbing the Magneboots from the space base to get that Gold Bolt in Veldin. I am not progressing further right now, though, as I have to cheese a cheap game so this one can be my 60th platinum. Once I get that other game platinum, it'll be go mode and I won't play any more games and focus entirely on Ratchet and Clank PS4 until I get the platinum. :)

Once I beat Phil's Epic Adventure with a stinky stick and get the platinum there, I'll get back to Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, I really need to get that last treasure key and beat that ugly frog. :P I haven't forgotten about the other games either, I plan to do some marathon weekends to get more trophies in all the other games as KH3 hype is getting real.

It's been a little while isnce I was able to update, but I am making progress.  I've been working on Crash Bandicoot Warped (I have Crash Bandicoot 2 for the Tropophobia event so I'm using Warped as a sort of stepping stone up to that) and I'm just about done.  I believe last I checked I was at 82%, with mostly gems to go back and get (have a Sapphire onc on most levels but I'm slowly but surely getting there).  Not sure what from my pyramid will be next but my goal for the end of the year is looking less and less likely (at least with Star Ocean at the top).  No biggie though. 

1 hour ago, willythom88 said:

It's been a little while isnce I was able to update, but I am making progress.  I've been working on Crash Bandicoot Warped (I have Crash Bandicoot 2 for the Tropophobia event so I'm using Warped as a sort of stepping stone up to that) and I'm just about done.  I believe last I checked I was at 82%, with mostly gems to go back and get (have a Sapphire onc on most levels but I'm slowly but surely getting there).  Not sure what from my pyramid will be next but my goal for the end of the year is looking less and less likely (at least with Star Ocean at the top).  No biggie though. 

Yah I may have been overly ambitious on my timeline as well. Diabo is going to take alot longer than I thought. I am getting to my stuff as I feel like it right now. Just enjoying playing differant games.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

@DragonQuest238

Well good luck with all that. There is no rush. I know I am just playing what I want right now. 

On a side note surgery went well. I will hopefully go home today if the meds wear off in time so I can attempt to walk. I have my vita if I have to stay the night. 

Feel better! Glad the Vita is there to ease the pain a bit :).

There seems to have been a broad slowdown in progress in everyone's pyramids. I'm sure it's some combination of everyone playing the slew of awesome new September games + people not in the mood to play the specific games on their pyramids. I had a quick thought: what if everyone could have >1 game swap per pyramid (not sure what the right number is...3?). The 1 swap right now feels really precious, and we'd probably get a lot more activity in this thread as people get more excited about the games on their pyramid.
This is obviously  your event and your call but just tossing my two cents in. Hope your recovery goes well!

15 hours ago, sundrew said:

There seems to have been a broad slowdown in progress in everyone's pyramids. I'm sure it's some combination of everyone playing the slew of awesome new September games + people not in the mood to play the specific games on their pyramids.

Another thing that surely influences the event is the fact that there's also a few timed events running right now (spelling bee and trophophobia come to my mind). They surely also take their toll on some people. At least I can say that they influence my playing habits a bit right now. 

Well, got 1 more done, so 3/10, but I think that I will not advance much any time soon, since Fallout Shelter will be my last Plat in a while.. But I'm currently settling up XBlaze Lost Memories Plat. 

Saying that, how are the rules to change games? Still 1 per pyramid? 

I would swap Fallout Shelter for Dark Cloud 2 (I'm close to Fallout Shelter Plat, and it's my next one, but I would feel bad for getting it counting as UR nowadays..) 

If more then 1 change is allowed, I would put Dark Cloud 1 somewhere, just so that it doesn't feel like I dropped the pyramid in forever (this also has to do why my milestones). 

Ultra Rare

Lc7950b.pngL36d2b1.pngLe66070.pngL09417c.png

Dirt 3, Fallout Shelter, Driver San Fransisco, Modnations Racers

Very Rare

Dirt Showdown, Split Second, Need For Speed Rivals

Rare

L5fdbe8.pngL4e9aa2.png

Common

Lc9ecd0.png
XBlaze: Lost Memories

24 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I know alot of people have asked me about rule since the event began. The point though is to make things fun. So if people want a more lenient system, yah I can get behind that. If players want to swap games more that is fine as long as it fits the requirment for that level.

OK, cool! 

I then I will change Fallout Shelter for Dark Cloud 2 and XBlaze Lost Memories for Dark Cloud 1 (this is actually counter work on both games for me, since I'm currently working on the 2 that I'm taking out ?). 

As I said the changes is just that 1 got quite common and the other is because it's part of my planned milestone.

Ultra Rare

Lc7950b.pngLeef6d4.png

Le66070.pngL09417c.png

Dirt 3, Dark Cloud 2, Driver San Fransisco, Modnations Racers

Very Rare

Dirt Showdown, Split Second, Need For Speed Rivals

Rare

L5fdbe8.pngL4e9aa2.png

Common

L5aaef8.png

Dark Could

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, willythom88 said:

S6865d3.png
                                                                                    S33d920.pngS87b4a9.png
                                                                       Sb19caa.pngSaacf5e.pngS812a98.png
                                                         S94357e.png                                               S9c6201.png

Went ahead and used my change to get rid of Eekeemoo.  I can't stand the game and I'm not too keen on wrapping it up.  Set my current pyramid up above.

• Like 1