10 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

My next game will be MotorStorm RC on PS3 as it won the poll by quite a large margin. I might not be able to play this on PS3 as it turns out that the version listed in my download list that is labeled as PS3/PSVita is actually only the Vita version, though there's an included PS3 demo version along with an item that supposedly unlocks the full version, so we'll see if I'll be able to play it on PS3 or if I'll have to grab my Vita. 

As MotorStorm RC is a Cross-Buy title you should be able to play it on any of the two system. The Demo + Unlock Key is a rather typical thing for PS3-games.

Be warned though:

The saves are automatically uploaded to the servers for the Cross-Save-functionality but that might not work always. I mainly played the game on the Vita but for some stages I prefered the controller of the PS3 as the Vita's analog sticks are horrible and sometimes I had lost a bit of progress as it didn't sync the progress properly. And I don't know if you care that much about it but the PS3- and PS Vita-version have different trophy stacks, but trophies autopop once you start the other version and fulfilled the requirements. Have fun with the game. IMO one of the more enjoyable games with RC-cars.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fidel said:

L36d2b1.png

Day 1- Fallout Shelter

So yeah, not really feeling this one. Lol. If it wasn't for the timeskip exploit, I don't know if I'd even bother trying to complete it. 

Time played: No idea. 4-5 hours maybe.

Trophy progress: 8/35 for 15% and a D rank.

Sounds like I should start this, before they fix the glitch xD  .

6 hours ago, Fidel said:

Lol. Well, it's something they never fixed on other platforms, so I doubt they will here. But you never know. 

Well, it's a Fallout game so it would be a first for the franchise, if it ever got patched. Nonetheless, better safe than sorry. It'll also keep me busy until I start the 4th game, as I believe I'm almost finished with Fe (except for the collectible grind).

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

I've been enjoying Fallout Shelter without timeskipping or gaming crates or any other manipulations. I've just been popping into it, setting it back into a wait state then popping out to play something else.

If you don't mind taking months to finish, that's probably the right way to go about it. It doesn't seem like the type of game you want to play for many hours in a row. I'm just not that patient. :lol:

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

This sounds more funny to me than it should be. :D Just had to do this:

Hide contents

2dmj8d.jpg

I would say: Go for it. :D

Replace Catherine with some creepy thing from Bloodborne and Motorstorm RC with the Fallout guy, and you have me. :P And I don't know if I needed convincing, but Ys Origin will be bought from this huge sale we have going on. 

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

This sounds more funny to me than it should be. :D Just had to do this:

Reveal hidden contents

2dmj8d.jpg

I would say: Go for it. :D

I had a good laugh thanks to that, I guess my careful choice of words did not go to waste on you. :D 

I might actually switch back to Catherine at some point... I'm almost done collecting medals but the last few challenges are way harder than my lousy racing skills can manage. I've come to a point where I'm spending 20-30 minutes replaying a 11 second lap in order to knock .032 seconds off my time, while either waiting 10 seconds for a retry or just driving through the whole map again despite knowing that I have no chance of making up that time again after I mess up at the start of the course. It's starting to get very frustrating, but I'm at least gonna finish all of the challenges. I don't know how much time I'll end up having to shave off all courses for the final set of trophies but I'll have to wait and see once I've got my medals.

12 hours ago, Fidel said:

Replace Catherine with some creepy thing from Bloodborne and Motorstorm RC with the Fallout guy, and you have me. :P And I don't know if I needed convincing, but Ys Origin will be bought from this huge sale we have going on. 

Just be warned though. Ys Origin can be very repetitive. If someone aims for the plat, they have to do at least 6 playthroughs, with three of them being on the highest difficulty and unlike Celceta or Lacrimosa of Dana your stats don't carry over to a new run so you have to play that difficulty from level 1 onwards, which can be quite annoying. One playthrough isn't really long though. I read that people may only need 6 hours if they are familiar with the game and up to 10-15 hours if they have to level up and struggle a lot.

10 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I might actually switch back to Catherine at some point... I'm almost done collecting medals but the last few challenges are way harder than my lousy racing skills can manage. I've come to a point where I'm spending 20-30 minutes replaying a 11 second lap in order to knock .032 seconds off my time, while either waiting 10 seconds for a retry or just driving through the whole map again despite knowing that I have no chance of making up that time again after I mess up at the start of the course. It's starting to get very frustrating, but I'm at least gonna finish all of the challenges. I don't know how much time I'll end up having to shave off all courses for the final set of trophies but I'll have to wait and see once I've got my medals.

IIRC some of the challenges can be a PITA because you have to drive with some of the faster cars and it just felt like you were sliding/bouncing from one corner to another but I'm sure you will get used to it. But be glad that those laps and races are rather short. Now imagine you would play a "real" racing game and had to do a good time on a longer track which takes about 2 to 3 minutes (or the Nordschleife, which can take from 6 to 8 minutes depending on the vehicle). ^^

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

IIRC some of the challenges can be a PITA because you have to drive with some of the faster cars and it just felt like you were sliding/bouncing from one corner to another but I'm sure you will get used to it. But be glad that those laps and races are rather short. Now imagine you would play a "real" racing game and had to do a good time on a longer track which takes about 2 to 3 minutes (or the Nordschleife, which can take from 6 to 8 minutes depending on the vehicle). ^^

Yeah, that's exactly where I'm struggling right now. The last 16 challenges require you to do hot laps with the supercar which is extremely fast and slows down to a crawl whenever you touch a wall. Now with the rather extreme nature of the courses and the shitty camera angles it's next to impossible not to hit any of the barriers in your turns, which would be fine if the ghost times weren't that precise. If you mess up a single turn it's basically over for any of the short courses, even if you only touch a barrier slightly it's almost impossible to make up the difference afterwards. If this happens at the start of the race you're faced with the decision of restarting or just keeping going as both take a similar amount of time. The annoying thing about restarting is that you're just sitting there waiting for that damn traffic light to count down. Keeping going is equally annoying as I tend to ace the rest of the race, nearly catching up to the damn gold time, cursing at myself for messing up the beginning. On the longer courses a single mistake doesn't make that much of a difference and it's often possible to win even after making a minor mistake.

I guess the most annoying part is that I spend as much time, if not more, waiting and/or doing useless things as I do for meaningful attempts to win. This leads to a bunch of frustration and my usual comparison to Super Meat Boy, the only game I know of where you can die countless times and still have a fun experience because each death loses you seconds and you can instantly start over. No need to wait for an arbitrary countdown or to finish a lost race. Of the 40 minutes I spend on a single challenge, I spend around 20 waiting and that's just not fun, especially if you've been repeating the same 11 seconds over and over again during those 40 minutes. 

Anyways, I hope you're having fun with Ys, I've been considering some of the earlier games of the franchise for a while.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just be warned though. Ys Origin can be very repetitive. If someone aims for the plat, they have to do at least 6 playthroughs, with three of them being on the highest difficulty and unlike Celceta or Lacrimosa of Dana your stats don't carry over to a new run so you have to play that difficulty from level 1 onwards, which can be quite annoying. One playthrough isn't really long though. I read that people may only need 6 hours if they are familiar with the game and up to 10-15 hours if they have to level up and struggle a lot.

Well, I'm not super obsessed with Platinuming every game I play, though I do often try. Lol. If I don't feel like playing it 6 times, it'll just meet the same fate as Chain of Memories. :P But I haven't been one to shy away from a challenge as of late. 

I gotta say, if Bloodborne gets a sequel, I might actually buy it. And I'll probably grab the DLC if it goes on sale again. Liked it way more than I thought I would, and am currently one trophy away from the Plat. Although, that trophy is probably the hardest one in the game..

16 minutes ago, Fidel said:

I gotta say, if Bloodborne gets a sequel, I might actually buy it. And I'll probably grab the DLC if it goes on sale again. Liked it way more than I thought I would, and am currently one trophy away from the Plat. Although, that trophy is probably the hardest one in the game..

Sounds like you'll have some catching up to do and blast through the other Souls games :P .