11 hours ago, Myu said:

Day 3 - Chaos;Child

*snip*

I can only agree with your opinion. I also wanted to enjoy the game but all these delusions annoyed me. Not only did they ruin some scenes (especially the more tense ones) but they also felt rather unpredictable. Story-wise it felt like a mix between Steins;Gate and Xblaze Code: Embryo for me and the main protagonish of CC felt too much like the one in XCE. Overall I didn't really like it and after seeing all endings I didn't really care for the VN anymore. At least it was better than the anime, where I already felt annoyed after watching one episode.

Well, that's unfortunate... I just finished Steins;Gate, and hoped all their games would be that good. Think that game effectively broke me. :/ Horizon has not been holding my interest since I finished it. 

10 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm skipping the 2nd one and moving on to the third (at least I think it's the third), just because this one was already installed. I don't care much for the story in these games to begin with so I don't think it'll matter, if I play them in order or not.

You monster! :P The second game was my favorite in terms of story. Gameplay is all roughly the same between the first 3, though. Although, I played the Vita versions of 1 & 2 which were remade with Victory's battle system, so that's probably why. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Well, that's unfortunate... I just finished Steins;Gate, and hoped all their games would be that good. Think that game effectively broke me. :/ Horizon has not been holding my interest since I finished it. 

You monster! :P The second game was my favorite in terms of story. Gameplay is all roughly the same between the first 3, though. Although, I played the Vita versions of 1 & 2 which were remade with Victory's battle system, so that's probably why. Lol. 

Well, there's always KYC 8 :P. I also just bought Megadimension VII, which I think is the 4th? These titles are all over the place...

Yeah, the battle system seems to be the same. I actually thought I was playing the first one for a second, as the first area seemed to be identical to the one from the first game, well at least in my mind.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

12 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, there's always KYC 8 :P. I also just bought Megadimension VII, which I think is the 4th? These titles are all over the place...

I think it's supposed to read as Victory-2, but it looks like 7 in Roman numerals.. Could be a hidden meaning for it, but I have no idea. :dunno: The names are always a mouthful, that's for sure. 

35 minutes ago, Fidel said:

The second game was my favorite in terms of story.

I also prefered mk2 aka Re;Birth 2. I especially liked all those representatives for the game manufacturers, mainly Mages, Cave (:awesome:), and CC2. Although I have to say that the Stella's dungeon minigame in Re;Birth 2 was utter shit.

28 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I also just bought Megadimension VII, which I think is the 4th? These titles are all over the place...

Correct, VII  is the 4th installment and as Fidel said it's read as Victory-2. It seems to take place in the same (story-)universe as Victory, that why they named it that way. But the lore of the series is rather confusing and I don't think it's worth to think about. I would say that it's better to just focus on the gameplay, which can either be fun or dull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Correct, VII  is the 4th installment and as Fidel said it's read as Victory-2. It seems to take place in the same (story-)universe as Victory, that why they named it that way. But the lore of the series is rather confusing and I don't think it's worth to think about. I would say that it's better to just focus on the gameplay, which can either be fun or dull.

That's what I thought. I only have the Rebirth version of the 1st one, 2 and 3 are the original versions. I've been putting the dialogues on auto already, as it seems to be the closest option to skipping them :P .

14 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I also prefered mk2 aka Re;Birth 2. I especially liked all those representatives for the game manufacturers, mainly Mages, Cave (:awesome:), and CC2. Although I have to say that the Stella's dungeon minigame in Re;Birth 2 was utter shit.

tenor.gif

:P Yeah, I hate RNG in general, so I hated waiting in real time for her to return, just to find out if it was a success or not.. 

19 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That's what I thought. I only have the Rebirth version of the 1st one, 2 and 3 are the original versions. I've been putting the dialogues on auto already, as it seems to be the closest option to skipping them :P .

At least you made a good decision and chose Re;Birth 1 instead of playing the original Neptunia for PS3. I forced myself to play through it because I already bought mk2 and I thought it would continue story-wise, just to find out that it was a completely different storyline without any connections in between besides the CPUs and some side-characters. :shakefist:

And it's no surprise that you wondered whether you are playing Victory or Re;Birth 1 as the Re;Birth-versions all use the battle system of Victory and everything else also feels rather similar.

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

The same cannot be said so far about game 2, Battlefield 1.  I am not the greatest of players at FPS, but I played about 5 matches, 3 operations, and i just found myself not really having a lot of fun.  I will try to go do more of the campaign to get some skill, but I dont think this will push me into the MP FPS scene.

So I pretty much loathe MP games. I played BF1 a few KYC events ago and was worried about attaining the MP trophies. Now, the game tells me I have logged more than 90 (!) hours of MP play. It is a hell of a lot of fun but there is a steep learning curve. The base game MP trophies are pretty easy as well, with a few hours of learning. My advice, play support or scout and hang back a bit. Running in fast will likely spell doom. Be a second-tier soldier and let the front line go in and pick off the enemy when they expose themselves to your assault troopers. Also, play with a squad. It helps to redeploy in favorable spots and hopefully, they are fighting as a team. Playing alongside others makes the game easier. It is rare that anyone is on a mic.

Operations games are usually the easiest to start with. There's a general line-of-battle so you it's less likely you'll get shot in the back (like with all Team Deathmatch games). And mix it up, hop in a tank and play a bit. Be a medic and revive people. Jump into a beomoth and rack up large kill numbers.

I was exactly like you months ago, fretting how I could plow through to attain a few MP trophies. Now, Battlefield 1 is my default game to go to for a few idle hours. Let me know if you have any other questions about MP trophies. Funny thing is, I have yet to get the plat bc I need to play the campaign and get collectibles. But the MP is too much fun to bother with SP!!

• Like 2

On 7/3/2018 at 1:20 AM, Crimson Idol said:

I can understand your point. Judging a JRPG by the first few hours is a bit unfair as most take their time to unfold their story. Even those that I would call all time favorites o' mine (Golden Sun 1, Wild Arms 3, Final Fantasy 8 & 9, Skies of Arcadia, Lufia 2) had a rather slow start. The problem is that I somehow haven't found a point that I really enjoy so far. Most of the cast that I can play with is a rather unsympathic bunch of douchebags for me. But I guess that will change as I'm now at Luca (right before my first Blitzball-game ever) and according to the guide book (the old Piggyback guide, which should be sufficient for the main story at least and which I mostly use for the item locations) I will meet up with Auron soon.

And I'm not too worried about meeting Yojimbo or anything else right now. I will only find enough motivation (due to still feeling sick) to finish up the Luca-portion. I have the feeling that this would be a good cutoff point before I have to play the next game. 'm curious how Blitzball will turn out, though. I only read the tutorial dialogues and I already hate the fact that the fixed camera will change it's point of view from time to time. :devil: 

Glad you're sticking with it. Yeah Tidus can be a whiner but his heart is in the right place. Blitzball is fine, you'll spend 95% of it looking at the mini map anyway, the shifting camera won't make a difference. 

• Like 2

On 3-7-2018 at 8:31 AM, Myu said:

Auron is probably the best character in this game :) I have a love-hate relationship with FFX, I can't stand Tidus and Yuna but there's something about this game that makes you come back and enjoy it.

As for the Blitzball game, I don't remember the camera going crazy so you should be fine. :) I have severe motion sickness but I could play it without any problem. Bliztball is a great minigame although it becomes way less fun with all the grind to get Wakka's last weapon.

how can you have such an relationship with this game? =( I love it.. have played it so much when there were no trophies on ps2.. still hate the chocobo race tho.. xD

And yeah blitzball is great,. I've lvl'd tidus a bit to much.. that in most maches he could just score around halfway the field.. xD

On 3-7-2018 at 10:42 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Also, am I the only one that never played any of the Spyro games? :P

no you are not.. =P 

And I'll try to post my review of my first game tomorrow sorry for always being late =( 

Edited by vin_rob

40 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Game #1 - Evolve (:silver:)

I've played this on and off for the past month or so. It's fun for a few matches, but then just becomes dull. Not going for the platinum myself, as I just can't be bothered to put in tons of hours into this.

The concept itself is interesting (and can be successful, see Dead By Daylight and Friday the 13th), but this game's main problem was that it came out and immediately after tried to throw DLC packs at you which indicated that they intentionally cut content (characters mainly) to sell separately. Didn't go over well and the game tanked as a result.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I'm still technically on my first game's fixture, but not sure if I'll be playing anymore of Horizon. :lol: I do like it, but just... haven't been in the mood to play it? Which led to me downloading and starting Bloodborne yesterday, after I realized my data cap had quadrupled! :blink: Apparently the cable upgrade my parents recently got also upgraded our internet package. 

As I figured, I am dying a lot. Lol. I was getting pretty annoyed by that at the beginning, but managed to get some better armor and level up some. After that, it wasn't quite so bad. I've killed 3 bosses, and they've seemed easier than regular enemies. Only died once to the second one. But I had to expend a ton of healing items in their fights. :/ 

Anyways, I'll likely give it a full review (and Horizon a final one) in a couple of days. I should invite someone to my game, and see what the results are. Will they actually help, or stab me in the back? :P

17 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

but at least it's no Ar Nosurge (or Hyperdimension Neptunia 1) either.  :P

What made Ar Nosurge so bad? I do think Ar tonelico Qoga was better, but I still enjoyed that one a lot.. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Maybe I entered with the wrong expectations but AFAIK Ar Nosurge was advertised as a JRPG. It more felt like a Visual Novel with tacked on JRPG-elements as I spend only ~15 hours with actual fights and exploring the (bland) world and ~35 hours with reading the sheer endless dialogs which could also have been compressed into 5 hours max as there was too much filler. 

You probably wouldn't like Ar tonelico, then.. A lot of reading in both games. Ar tonelico had way more voiced lines, though. I think my reasons for not liking it as much as Qoga were the lack of voiced lines (compared to Qoga), and the huge amount of synthesis crap you had to do. Spent way too much of your Platinum time on that junk.. But other than that, and a change in battle systems, I don't think they were that different. 

Edited by Fidel

16 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Glad you're sticking with it. Yeah Tidus can be a whiner but his heart is in the right place. Blitzball is fine, you'll spend 95% of it looking at the mini map anyway, the shifting camera won't make a difference. 

It seems to be a rather typical thing to dislike the main male character of a Final Fantasy, at least for me. From those I (partially) played (1, 2, 4 to 10, Type-0 HD) I only "enjoyed" Squall from 8 and even he was a whiner and I only liked him somehow because he was the lone wolf of the group. And about Blitzball: Yeah it's easy when you know that you just have to focus on the map but it seems irritating at first.