21 hours ago, vin_rob said:

And does someone might know if it's wrong to play disgaea 5 before I played the other parts? if so what would be the right order ? ^^ 

I only ever played disgaea 4 but as far as i know the stories are not connected in a way that you need to play the older games before. 

37 minutes ago, ImBossy83 said:

I only ever played disgaea 4 but as far as i know the stories are not connected in a way that you need to play the older games before. 

thnx, I might give it a go at the next KYC then :)

and I wanted to finish a game befor posting my starting stats.. 

Games Played: 116

Completed games: 48

Completion: 63.04 Never been this high..

unearned trophies: 1957

trophies a day 1.34.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I wonder if it will meet the fate of the other JRPGs I played during KYC (Atelier Rorona in KYC #1 and Tales of Graces f in KYC #2) and won't be played at all after the event. Knowing the fact that I already abandoned it on the PS2 years ago it's likely. But we will see if it helps that I can play it while not having to sit in front of a TV. :hmm:

Two of my favorite JRPGs..... sigh....

Since it isn't the first of July everywhere in the world yet, would it still be possible to join? I just saw this on a random visit and I'd love to attend another KYC event. I'm sure I'd be able to gather 5 unstarted games despite my broken PS3 laser and my by now nonexistant PS+ membership. 

If I'm allowed to join, I'll be posting my list as soon as I find the time to browse through my download list in an hour or two.

Edit: @Hemiak, mentioning you for dramatic effect. :D 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Two of my favorite JRPGs..... sigh....

That I didn't return to a game doesn't mean that I disliked it. Tales of Graces f was a game I enjoyed when I played it back in November 2016 but there is a whole bunch of other games I also enjoy playing and I can't really force myself to play a game even if I enjoy it. I somehow need to have the mood for it. E.g. a good example:
Another game of KYC #2 was Driver: San Francisco. Besides Zero Escape: The Nonary Games this was probably the game I enjoyed the most while playing it during the events and although I don't have much left to do in the singleplayer I still haven't gone back to it. But there's quite a few times where I feel like that I have to go back to it but then I lack the motivation to start the game. Can't explain why. :dunno:

Atelier on the other hand... Back in the day I didn't like the interaction between the characters and I also didn't really like the alchemy-system. Crafting is not really my cup of tea, which I also realized when I forced myself to play through Ar Nosurge. Maybe Gust-games aren't for me. IIRC it also felt rather slow and that's a thing I really dislike nowadays. I prefer my games to have a faster pacing, whether it's the story or the gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That I didn't return to a game doesn't mean that I disliked it. Tales of Graces f was a game I enjoyed when I played it back in November 2016 but there is a whole bunch of other games I also enjoy playing and I can't really force myself to play a game even if I enjoy it. I somehow need to have the mood for it. E.g. a good example:
Another game of KYC #2 was Driver: San Francisco. Besides Zero Escape: The Nonary Games this was probably the game I enjoyed the most while playing it during the events and although I don't have much left to do in the singleplayer I still haven't gone back to it. But there's quite a few times where I feel like that I have to go back to it but then I lack the motivation to start the game. Can't explain why. :dunno:

Atelier on the other hand... Back in the day I didn't like the interaction between the characters and I also didn't really like the alchemy-system. Crafting is not really my cup of tea, which I also realized when I forced myself to play through Ar Nosurge. Maybe Gust-games aren't for me. IIRC it also felt rather slow and that's a thing I really dislike nowadays. I prefer my games to have a faster pacing, whether it's the story or the gameplay.

Zero Escape <3<3<3 

I can totally see what you mean about Rorona though. It definitely does feel slower because a lot of the things you do have to be planned out quite a bit. I personally like having to make very calculated decisions... it would be rather amusing to record my synthesis sessions because I'll take 5+ minutes trying to craft just one item because I want to make sure to get everything just right (and the most recent Atelier games make it much more puzzle-like, so it's easy to just get lost in synthesis).

And I personally didn't like Ar Nosurge either xD 

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Since it isn't the first of July everywhere in the world yet, would it still be possible to join? I just saw this on a random visit and I'd love to attend another KYC event. I'm sure I'd be able to gather 5 unstarted games despite my broken PS3 laser and my by now nonexistant PS+ membership. 

If I'm allowed to join, I'll be posting my list as soon as I find the time to browse through my download list in an hour or two.

Edit: @Hemiak, mentioning you for dramatic effect. :D 

Sure Fal. Jump on in. I got the thread up a bit later than usual so I'm going to be pretry lenient. Plus you've been a part of the community for a while so I know you won't bail. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

@voodoo_eyes and what did you think of my list?

Good variety overall. I've played about half of them. The rest s part of my backlog except World of Final Fantasy, as I can't find a copy for under 30€ anywhere. I'm probably one of the few people that liked Murdered Soul Suspect :P .

• Like 2

Here's my Pre-KYC777 stats:

KYC777 Statistics 

Games Completed - Played 99/72

Trophies Earned - 3441

Unearned - 473

Completion % - 86.79

I am up from 82.75 from the end of KYC 6. Even more surprising, My completion percentage is up from before KYC6 (86.04). I just realized I haven't turned on my PS3 since January so I might sub in a game from that, depending upon what's on my download list. I can't remember any recent PS+ offers for the PS3 that were any good.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, Myu said:

Here's my list for this event :

1. Chaos:Child

2. Zero Escape : Zero Time Dilemma

3. The Legend of Heroes : Trails of Cold Steel

4. Hakuoki : Kyoto Winds

5. Tokyo Xanadu

6. Tearaway

7. Bad Apple Wars

8. The Caligula Effect

9. Rime

10. Mary Skelter : Nightmares

I might encounter a storage problem with so many Vita games...

edit : starting completion rate : 87.58%, unearned trophies : 656

Good to have you back! I hope you are doing better in RL since the last KYC. 

• Like 1

Ahh I think I messed up :facepalm:

I was just rereading the OP and the previous KYC thread and realized that the days are supposed to be set, right?

Like only 1 game within the 6/3/2 time period.

In my case (I picked 10 games) I'm only allowed complete one of the chosen games within Jul 1 - Jul 3 and not move on until Jul 4 - Jul 6, right?

If that's the case I indeed messed up as I already moved on *sigh*

Would anybody be so kind and clarify things for me by confirming this or proving me wrong? I'm freakin tired right now and can't seem to figure it out on my own. (Also new to KYC)

57 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Ahh I think I messed up :facepalm:

I was just rereading the OP and the previous KYC thread and realized that the days are supposed to be set, right?

Like only 1 game within the 6/3/2 time period.

In my case (I picked 10 games) I'm only allowed complete one of the chosen games within Jul 1 - Jul 3 and not move on until Jul 4 - Jul 6, right?

If that's the case I indeed messed up as I already moved on *sigh*

Would anybody be so kind and clarify things for me by confirming this or proving me wrong? I'm freakin tired right now and can't seem to figure it out on my own. (Also new to KYC)

You are now on double-secret probation!!

Just kidding, don't sweat it. We usually keep a set time frame for review purposes. You are free to play any games you want during the event, including games not involved in the KYC event. Typically, people will give first-impression takes within the first day of starting a game, then give a more thorough review at the end of the time slot. It helps keep people on pace with others, though it will be a bit different this go-around with some playing 5 and others playing ten games.

But welcome! It's always nice to have some new blood along with the salty vets in these KYC events. I hope you have fun! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Good to have you back! I hope you are doing better in RL since the last KYC. 

Those last months were a real roller-coster but I feel way better after getting surgery. The main problem is not entirely gone but the pains definitely disappeared. ?

• Like 4

Wow, this seems a rather interesting event. However, I'm already participating in others and I can't just kill my completion and start lots of games like that yet... I'm trying to platinum/100% I've been leaving behind... But if you could give me a date prediction for the 8th edition, I would certainly participate. :P

I'll be reading your reviews, meanwhile!