Jrpg or rpg's games under 40 to 30 hours to play?

Titanomachy_75

About half of the following should be in that time range, the other half is under 20h long RPGs.

Final Fantasy Type 0

Last Rebellion

Time and Eternity

Risen 3

Lost Dimension

Oceanhorn

Adventures of Mana

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

Dark Cloud

Okage: Shadow King

Cosmic Star Heroiine

• Like 1

• All the Souls games and Bloodborne, if you consider them easy.
  • Transistor, can be a bit tricky at first to understand, but pretty easy tbh.
  • Do you consider Salt & Sanctuary easy an RPG? I don't know, but it has exploits making it pretty easy and fast.
  • Quest of Dungeons, hardest thing would be the snake mini game.
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I think it matches your time, could be a bit more, depends on how fast you are.
  • Final Fantasy 7 and 9 should both be that fast if you've played them before and use the cheats.
  • Faery : Legends Of Avalon (no plat).
  • Legasista (depends on how fast you can take advantage of the exploit, if you don't use the exploit, this is a very long and difficult plat)
  • Last Rebellion.
  • Dungeon Siege 3 (IIRC, though requires online etc).
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment (no plat)
  • Realms of Ancient War (no plat)
  • Time and Eternity.
  • Lost Dimension.
  • Dark Cloud.

Just some of those I've done.

33 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

About half of the following should be in that time range, the other half is under 20h long RPGs.

Final Fantasy Type 0

Last Rebellion

Time and Eternity

Risen 3

Lost Dimension

Oceanhorn

Adventures of Mana

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

Dark Cloud

Okage: Shadow King

Cosmic Star Heroiine

Risen 3 and Okage: Shadow King is definitely not 40 hours in my experience. Oceanhorn is an adventure game, like many of the 2D Zelda.

Edited by MMDE

21 minutes ago, MMDE said:
  • All the Souls games and Bloodborne, if you consider them easy.
  • Transistor, can be a bit tricky at first to understand, but pretty easy tbh.
  • Do you consider Salt & Sanctuary easy an RPG? I don't know, but it has exploits making it pretty easy and fast.
  • Quest of Dungeons, hardest thing would be the snake mini game.
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I think it matches your time, could be a bit more, depends on how fast you are.
  • Final Fantasy 7 and 9 should both be that fast if you've played them before and use the cheats.
  • Faery : Legends Of Avalon (no plat).
  • Legasista (depends on how fast you can take advantage of the exploit, if you don't use the exploit, this is a very long and difficult plat)
  • Last Rebellion.
  • Dungeon Siege 3 (IIRC, though requires online etc).
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment (no plat)
  • Realms of Ancient War (no plat)
  • Time and Eternity.
  • Lost Dimension.

Just some of those I've done.

Risen 3 and Okage: Shadow King is definitely not 40 hours in my experience. Oceanhorn is an adventure game, like many of the 2D Zelda.

Ok thanks check few out

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Granted Risen 3 might be more around the 50 hour mark, out of which a good 10 hours are just grinding. Okage however takes on average 30-40 hours (the times on .org would indicate that as well as my own experience. It's a bit RNG dependent with the drops though. Some might get it in a matter of minutes or need several hours. You're right regarding Oceanhorn, it's more of an action.adventure with some RPG elements.

As @Mesopithecus said, Odin Sphere for sure.

Asdivine Hearts - pretty short, decent story, but no platinum

Blue Reflection - Very pretty, good story, not really any missables so long as you don't go past the "point of no return"

Ray Gigant - Dungeon Crawler with some fun combat and a little bit of a rhythm component.

Child of Light - definitely not taking anywhere near 30 hours, but it's got great art and music... no plat though

I really don't agree with the Atelier games being less than 40 hours though. Maybe the Mysterious trilogy, but not Arland or Dusk.

Forgot about South Park, Child of Light.

I guess Siralim is an RPG too, but it has no plat.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4376-siralim-trophy-guide

Yeah, forgot about a game I've written trophy guide for! :D How long it takes greatly varies on how efficient you are. Can be very long or somewhat short.

Battle Princess of Arcadias is another one I've done which fits the bill.

42 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Granted Risen 3 might be more around the 50 hour mark, out of which a good 10 hours are just grinding. Okage however takes on average 30-40 hours (the times on .org would indicate that as well as my own experience. It's a bit RNG dependent with the drops though. Some might get it in a matter of minutes or need several hours. You're right regarding Oceanhorn, it's more of an action.adventure with some RPG elements.

Okage took me more than that, but okay, and Risen 3 did as well. Like I wouldn't suggest those to be quick ones. Dark Cloud would definitely be fast enough if you abuse the broken weapon exploit.

If we're mentioning Oceanhorn, might as well mention Apotheon.

Venetica is definitely another one, one I have started on twice, and just fallen asleep before I could make any real progress.

Game of Thrones is another one, and then I mean the RPG, not the TellTaleGames episodic interactive videos.

I think Valkyria Chronicles should be doable in that time, unless you screw up something like Wings of Solidarity for NG++. Not that a NG+ takes long, since the game is kind enough to even skip most cutscenes for the player.

Edited by mecharobot

3 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm sorry, but the topic alone should offend any real RPG/JRPG fan. A short RPG??? REALLY??? That smacks a real gamer in the face with a spoiled trout....

Image result for offended meme

Dont get me wrong I just dont have the time anymore to play 80 to 100 hour rpg games which I loved in my ps1 to ps2 days with work and kid its hard to get around these days for them:) But on hoildays I can get one thats over 100 hours oneday :)

FF type 0 is a pretty short and not too difficult platinum.

Amoung others I know I am Setsuna, Atelier Sophie, Nier Automata (30 hours if you just do the story and use the trophy shop, 60 hours if you don’t use the trophy shop). 

FFXV is about 50 hours but is very easy to platinum. 

Ys VIII and Odin Sphere are also highly rated JRPGs both of moderate length. 

3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

FF type 0 is a pretty short and not too difficult platinum.

Amoung others I know I am Setsuna, Atelier Sophie, Nier Automata (30 hours if you just do the story and use the trophy shop, 60 hours if you don’t use the trophy shop). 

FFXV is about 50 hours but is very easy to platinum. 

Ys VIII and Odin Sphere are also highly rated JRPGs both of moderate length. 

Yeah I will try a few of these