Server didn't shutdown July 25th. 2018 - Lots of boosting tips in this thread.

11 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I think 25 Dungeon Crawls glitched on me. I did one Dungeon Crawl as the dude running it and the rest as DM. The game crashed twice on me...I managed to get the 10 Dungeon Crawl trophy, 1 dungeon crawl trophy, and 1 dungeon crawl as a DM, then nothing. I think I'm screwed out of a Platinum. 

Don't worry and keep playing, it will pop eventually.

Master of Dungeons finally unlocked for me at 47 dungeon crawls. This was after I deleted the save prior to uploading it with PS+. So it may have been more than 47. Still need 50 Dungeon Crawls to unlock.

I'm going to try to do the room exploit while the servers are up. I still need the Co Op Campaign trophy at this point. 

On 11.7.2018 at 2:17 PM, big_bob002 said:

@dernop I read that it only checks difficulty for the final mission.  I tried to change it but I did it too late.  Here's some very minor spoilers with a brief explanation of what you can try. 

At the end of the duergar (dwarf) city is a boss.  After the boss but before interacting with the Moontear, change the difficulty to hard.  There's not much left after that. 

9 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

can anyone confirm that you can exploit Dedicated by just beating the final boss with all 6 chars? i've only seen 1 guy 'confirm' this so far. yes i know it works for the hard / co-op trophies

@big_bob002 i tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. i switched to hard-mode immediately after beating said boss, before even walking towards the moontear, since you don't even have to "interact" with it. the cutscene will play automatically. tbh i didn't read about this trick anywhere, not even on TA (which is/was quite a bit more active in terms of tip for achievements and even cheesing via multiplayer), so i guess this just doesn't work :(

in most games you have to start a new game on hard and if you ever touch the difficulty slider after that it is invalidated for this run. sure there are some exceptions, but it seems this isn't one of those.

but it was definitely worth a try, now we know a little bit more about the game  ;)

about the other coop stuff: seems you can't get the "hard" trophy in a coop game whatsoever, this was also confirmed on TA. only the "complete game in coop" one. the game even warns you that only your character progress is saved, not any story stuff at all.

so while i also cannot confirm or refute the claims about the "Dedicated" trophy i highly doubt it will work, given how the game handles other story/completion related stuff (not getting side-quest trophies as a coop for example, because it's not YOUR story).

I already started a "hard" run from scratch with my second character last night. It's not really "hard" hard, but enemies are quite sponge-y so i guess this will take a while.

Otherwise i got all MP trophies done at this point and even all characters at level 20 plus the 50 dungeon crawls, which could be done solo, but it's WAY faster to just cheese it via MP... so get that done while you can!

• Like 1

People have been getting one story related trophy during the mid point of the final boss.  I can confirm that works but I do not know if beating the game with all characters through coop will work. There's some people pretty close to the end that will be trying to boost so if I hear anything I'll post. 

I know one person has a save before that boss at the Dwarf city so he'll try to up difficulty before.  If that still doesn't work then it would almost assuredly be hard mode from the start. 

Here's where I read it. 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sword-coast-legends/293294-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Edited by big_bob002

I've been playing around with leveling characters with dm mode. Due to the scaling of xp in dm mode I would say for characters up to Level 5 it is faster to get those initial levels by starting the dlc campaign, accepting the first quest, loading the second area, getting the flat 1200xp and restarting. The starting xp from kills for low level characters is really low but if you have two players in a dm session and one of the characters is high level the low level character gets xp scaled to the higher character and levels up super fast. I was level 18 and my friend was level 1 and he went up 12 levels in one dungeon session. So keep that in mind if you are boosting this with at least 3 people. :)

• Like 2

i got my hard mode trophy last night (after playing on hard from start to finish, without touching the options) and tried to boost it with @JorgeSleep this morning. I restored my backup save from right before the boss and invited him to my game (the very same game/save where i did get the hard trophy).

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work and Jorge didn't get the hard-mode trophy. So at this point i'd say it's confirmed that at least that one isn't boostable.

But if the Dedicated trophy is indeed boostable, as Jorge just described it, that would indeed be awesome. I really didn't think it would work this way :)

• Like 1

thank god. So we only need to finish the game fully only once on Hard (if you start with a character on 20 and you and your party have legendary gear).

I've almost reached the point of no return (crossing the bridge to reach Belaphoss, ndr). Tomorrow i will be available to boost Dedicated and the coop trophy. Who's available?

The Masters of Dungeons (Complete twenty five crawls as a Dungeon Master) took both me and my friend about 50 attempts for the trophy to pop.  Veteran Dungeoneer (Complete fifty Dungeon Crawls) popped for me at 50-ish, but took my friend about 65 attempts.  We both had a couple blue screen game crashes as well along the way.

4 hours ago, Ecks said:

The Masters of Dungeons (Complete twenty five crawls as a Dungeon Master) took both me and my friend about 50 attempts for the trophy to pop.  Veteran Dungeoneer (Complete fifty Dungeon Crawls) popped for me at 50-ish, but took my friend about 65 attempts.  We both had a couple blue screen game crashes as well along the way.

i recently noticed that those crashes may be the main culprit btw. i was doing some dungeon crawls for several hours and got a crash. just out of curiosity i checked my savegames and noticed that the latest savefile was from over two hours ago!

so it seems that DM mode doesn't really have any autosave, which somewhat makes sense, since you are not really making any (ingame) progress there...

i'd suggest trying to quit back to main menu every 10 DM runs or so to trigger an autosave and to perhaps even reduce the risk of crashes to begin with. at least i mostly encountered crashes if i was in a game for an extended period of time. going back to the main menu may "reset" whatever is messing up the game and makes it crash.

• Like 1

A note for everyone: DON'T DELETE ANY SAVES. I had delete every save except for the last one that i had, and i lost everything (and wasted the work of 7 days). So, if you're planning to upload your save of the final boss battle on PS Plus, DON'T DELETE ANYTHING. Upload everything.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 7:27 AM, dernop said:

i got my hard mode trophy last night (after playing on hard from start to finish, without touching the options) and tried to boost it with @JorgeSleep this morning. I restored my backup save from right before the boss and invited him to my game (the very same game/save where i did get the hard trophy).

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work and Jorge didn't get the hard-mode trophy. So at this point i'd say it's confirmed that at least that one isn't boostable.

But if the Dedicated trophy is indeed boostable, as Jorge just described it, that would indeed be awesome. I really didn't think it would work this way :)

Congratulations on getting the platinum and fastest time for it :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monkey-Hands said:

master of dungeons must be glitched somehow or worded wrong. i boosted this with my buddy and he had to do 50 runs as a dm for the trophy to pop.

and the trophy for 50 runs did not pop. ?

does anyone know if the 25 dm runs have to be done in one sitting??

if you see the previous messages in the topic, you will find out that many of us have to do more than 50 and 25 runs to unlock the trophies. They're glitched. 

9 hours ago, Monkey-Hands said:

master of dungeons must be glitched somehow or worded wrong. i boosted this with my buddy and he had to do 50 runs as a dm for the trophy to pop.

and the trophy for 50 runs did not pop. 1f641.png

does anyone know if the 25 dm runs have to be done in one sitting??

This can be done over multiple sittings 

personally i I must’ve got really lucky, the master of dungeons trophy popped at exactly 25 for me, but keep at its and everything will eventually unlock 

Got all the companion quests out of the way on my second playthrough, finally.

Waylaid. Be wary ... Something has interrupted your journey.

(Spoilers: It was another unsolicited 5 minute load time.)

A few of questions for anyone that might have some ideas; regarding the 5K kills, is it across multiple player characters? Does it count kills from your AI team mates? Do unhatched spider eggs count?

Regarding save file shenanigans in order to help with Dedicated, when you copy your save files over they just show up with generic names and different time stamps. Are people just restoring all the save files when they go to re-setup their save for before the last fight? Is it just the last two (presumably the last active character and game save) people are restoring? Does it matter and how does it effect your own progress. I was working under the assumption that it was best to get your own Dedicated out of the way before playing around with save files. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Got all the companion quests out of the way on my second playthrough, finally.

Waylaid. Be wary ... Something has interrupted your journey.

(Spoilers: It was another unsolicited 5 minute load time.)

A few of questions for anyone that might have some ideas; regarding the 5K kills, is it across multiple player characters? Does it count kills from your AI team mates? Do unhatched spider eggs count?

Regarding save file shenanigans in order to help with Dedicated, when you copy your save files over they just show up with generic names and different time stamps. Are people just restoring all the save files when they go to re-setup their save for before the last fight? Is it just the last two (presumably the last active character and game save) people are restoring? Does it matter and how does it effect your own progress. I was working under the assumption that it was best to get your own Dedicated out of the way before playing around with save files. Any ideas?

this not-so-random encounter was in fact the companion(quest) i also missed in my first run, so i didn't even bother doing the other ones after that, because you have to do ALL on a single character ;)

i did the 5k kills in DM mode myself, as described on trueachievements. ALT account makes DM game, you enter with a wizard on your main (where you wanna get the trophy on), DM spawns 100 or so spider eggs (yes, they count!) and your wizard just uses this dagger cloud ability on them to kill them all off instantly... repeat. had to reload DM mode some times tho, it got super laggy after some time. i would also recommend to pause the game with touchpad while laying down the eggs, or they may spawn early.

not sure if it's across characters or if NPC kills count... i would just assume "yes", but boosting it as described is way faster anyway, so i wouldn't really bother.

I backuped/restored ALL save files to be absolutely sure. 

Btw you can backup your save file after the checkpoint in the final fight (so AFTER the first phase), basically after you decide the fate of one of your NPCs... this way you only have to complete the second half of the final fight while boosting, which makes it WAY faster.

we boosted it like that yesterday, so this is confirmed to work :)

but yeah, of course restoring the backup save affects your progress, since it just gets reset to the old state. i would boost Dedicated in one go and not make any other progress inbetween. In my case it was the last trophy i needed, so it didn't really matter anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dernop said:

this not-so-random encounter was in fact the companion(quest) i also missed in my first run, so i didn't even bother doing the other ones after that, because you have to do ALL on a single character ;)

i did the 5k kills in DM mode myself, as described on trueachievements. ALT account makes DM game, you enter with a wizard on your main (where you wanna get the trophy on), DM spawns 100 or so spider eggs (yes, they count!) and your wizard just uses this dagger cloud ability on them to kill them all off instantly... repeat. had to reload DM mode some times tho, it got super laggy after some time. i would also recommend to pause the game with touchpad while laying down the eggs, or they may spawn early.

not sure if it's across characters or if NPC kills count... i would just assume "yes", but boosting it as described is way faster anyway, so i wouldn't really bother.

I backuped/restored ALL save files to be absolutely sure. 

Btw you can backup your save file after the checkpoint in the final fight (so AFTER the first phase), basically after you decide the fate of one of your NPCs... this way you only have to complete the second half of the final fight while boosting, which makes it WAY faster.

we boosted it like that yesterday, so this is confirmed to work :)

but yeah, of course restoring the backup save affects your progress, since it just gets reset to the old state. i would boost Dedicated in one go and not make any other progress inbetween. In my case it was the last trophy i needed, so it didn't really matter anyway.

in terms of alternate account, Dernop: You've boosted with 2 accounts on 1 play or you've boosted with 2 play?

afaik it is not possible to do any kind of boosting on one system, so you need two PS4 to be able to "self-boost".

i just used my PS4Pro for my main account and my old non-pro PS4, which i kept especially for stuff like this, for the Alt

• Like 1

I'm working on a trophy guide for this and I'm doing 6 full playthroughs to verify everything. 

A couple of observations so far.  

I've written down every time a companion quest becomes available.  I'm in act 3 and every companion that has had their quest become available is still there (I haven't initiated them yet). I think you can go to the point of no return and go back to start all quests.  This would make killing Javen the only true missable. 

I read that Swift/Dexterity fighter build and honestly stacking equipment with "+ Action Speed" breaks the game.  The fighter in my party even walks at 4x speed.  

Because of that the game has this Diablo loot grind feel.  Every playthrough you carry over your equipment and get stronger and stronger.  I'm actually enjoying multiple playthroughs. 

I will be shocked if the last boss lasts more than 60 seconds on hard when I'm running a fighter, Jarhild, and Larethar, all dual welding with Swift and as many pieces of +Action speed I can find. 

Here's a 20 second video of Swift on hard:

I'm pretty sure companion kills don't count but I'll manually load each character once I get the trophy, so I can be 100% sure.  Which will be an excruciating process but I want to know for sure. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 1

Does anyone know why my AI characters decide to just stand there and do nothing during the second part of the final battle?  Also annoying is if you die on that battle (which is not unexpected when your healer is passively admiring a demon's efforts to kill his party) the restore afterwards does not trigger the battle again and I have to go back to load the last level which puts me back before the pre-battle cut-scenes.

Am I missing an AI setting somewhere?  The 2 seem connected as the only time the cut-scene worked properly on a reload the AI did its stuff and it was pretty simple.